How to create a looking based on 3 fields

Hi,

Can someone point me in the right direction with what I want to do:

I know how to use data validation to create drop downs which is phase 1.

How do I cause a result to occur based on what was chosen

e.g.

Col A = (user chooses ABC)
Col B = 80 (because ABC was choosen)

Sheet 2 will have the 'list' to choose from, so it's got all the values
in a Column for the user to choose from.

E.g.

Col A = ABC
Col B = $90

Let me know if I haven't explained what I want to archive correctly.
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

It sounds like you can use =vlookup() or =index(match()) to retrieve the
assocated value.

Put your table in another sheet (sheet2 (and hide that sheet???)).

Then use a formula like this:
=if(a1="","",vlookup(a1,sheet2!a:b,2,false))

Debra Dalgleish has lots of notes:
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html  (for =vlookup())
and
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html  (for =index(match()))
and
http://contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html#Trouble

--

Dave Peterson
0
Dave Peterson wrote:
> It sounds like you can use =vlookup() or =index(match()) to retrieve the
> assocated value.
>
> Put your table in another sheet (sheet2 (and hide that sheet???)).
>
> Then use a formula like this:
> =if(a1="","",vlookup(a1,sheet2!a:b,2,false))
>
> Debra Dalgleish has lots of notes:
> http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html  (for =vlookup())
> and
> http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html  (for =index(match()))
> and
> http://contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html#Trouble
>

> DCHOBO wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Can someone point me in the right direction with what I want to do:
>>
>> I know how to use data validation to create drop downs which is phase 1.
>>
>> How do I cause a result to occur based on what was chosen
>>
>> e.g.
>>
>> Col A = (user chooses ABC)
>> Col B = 80 (because ABC was choosen)
>>
>> Sheet 2 will have the 'list' to choose from, so it's got all the values
>> in a Column for the user to choose from.
>>
>> E.g.
>>
>> Col A = ABC
>> Col B = $90
>>
>> Let me know if I haven't explained what I want to archive correctly.

Ah that's it!!! thanks muchly! :)

create a roster

using CList as a base class in an extension DLL
Hi all. I must be doing something wrong but cannot figure it out. I have a data class and a list class, in an extension DLL, declared like this: >#define DllExport __declspec (dllexport) >class DllExport CRate : public CObject { >public: > DECLARE_SERIAL (CRate) > CRate () { m_Rate = 0; } > CRate (const CRate &in) { *this = in; } > > const CRate& operator= (const CRate& in) > { m_Rate = in.m_Rate; m_Date = in.m_Date; return *this; } > > bool operator== (const CRate& in); > bool operator!= (const CRate& i...

Internet Mail #3
Hey all, I've got an ISP servicing our Internet mail, but I use Exchange 5.5 internally, one of the users is sending mail out to the Internet via the Exchange account but I want it to use the ISP service, does anyone know how to default to the ISP Internet Mail. Thanks in advance, Craig Craig <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've got an ISP servicing our Internet mail, but I use > Exchange 5.5 internally, one of the users is sending mail > out to the Internet via the Exchange account but I want > it to use the ISP service, does anyone know how t...

Reference to Knowledge base article 849972
Hi: We are experience this problem very frequently and is creating a problem in our accounting. Some times we are able to enter the invoice and some times not. Please fix this problem as early as possible. Until now in Great Plains 8 service pack 4a this fix is not availabe. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsrea...

Task Create - Status

Outlook 2003 and ActiveSync 3.1 won't talk
I have an old Cassiopeia E-100 which, as I understand it, requires using the older ActiveSync 3.1. I just upgraded my PC to Office 2003 and now ActiveSync can't communicate with Outlook. Is there a newer ActiveSync that would work with both my E-100 and with Outlook 2003, or is it time to get a new PocketPC? ...

Query on Group field in Pivot Table
I have a large database wherein under Date column, data is in the format "Thu Oct 1 12:00 AM". When I use Pivot Table Under OPTIONS->GROUP-> Group Field is disabled. I used this to group Date field to either present data by Month, quarter at one click. Can anybody guide me why this seems to be disabled here. I want to present my data only by Monthwithout changing the format ""Thu Oct 1 12:00 AM". Thanks Hi Shewta Check you Data Source of your Pivot. it should come up like "Sheet6!$G$1:$I$821" and not like "'\Documents and...

Customizing CRM look and feel
Is there a way to 'brand' or otherwise give the CRM application the look and feel of our enterprise web site? I see multiple posts about using the CRM sytleguide to give CRM look and feel to custom pages, but I don't see anything about customizing CRM to take on a custom look and feel. It doesn't have to be wholesale changes to the UI, I'm just looking to at least slip in a logo and possibly a footer with a disclaimer/trademark kind of thing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. SpencerW I would venture to say in the ISV.config file. You can buttons to the men...

Create external database

Update A Field From Another Field
Hi All, I was wondering if anyone can help me on this one. It's probably simple, but I'm stuck!! I have a Table which fills in data from a form with the following field: ReservationNo ReservationName Surname1 Name1 Surname2 Name 2 Sometimes I don't have the names, so fields Name1 and Name 2 are left blank until I check in the guests using the RESPEL form with the following fields RservationNo ReservationName Surname Name Now the ResevationNo and ReservationName have identical data since they are autofilled. What I want to do is if the ReservationNo and the S...

How to create pie chart with %

How do I sort by calculated field
relationship = one buyer to many purchases. Report is summary of buyer purchases. Number of purchases and total purchased. The number of purchases is calculated "=Count([Lot Info]![Lot No])" , the total purchase is calculated "=Sum([Price])" How can I make the report sort by descending total purchases? By descending total lots? To get the information to report one total line sorting and grouping is set to group by buyer number, group ascending. group on each value, interval =1, keep together = whole group. Presumably the sum of price is in a group footer, so...

Take a look at the correction update
--ihqexvwvlznjwudix Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="xuzikszmnh"; type="multipart/alternative" --xuzikszmnh Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="uvrjpsddwlnwfr" --uvrjpsddwlnwfr Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Client this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the sec...

when form created

Smartlist + Extender Field
I have an extender form with a few fields on it. In smartlist, I can query the information. For all but one field everything is working properly. The last field displays in smartlist as a column but no data actually shows up. If I go to the actual extender form itself, there is data for every record. Any ideas on what the problem might be would be appreciated. What kind of field is it? -- Charles Allen, MVP "JP" wrote: > I have an extender form with a few fields on it. > > In smartlist, I can query the information. For all but one field > everything is working pr...

Creating a Brochure

How to create Access macro shortcut