How to Create a Discount Calculator based on volume

I am trying to create a cost calculator form, which will automatically
calculate the discounted monthly price for a service based on the
number of units. I want to have a single cell which will calculate the
discount rate based on the number of units.

The discounts are:

if  units =<50  price = 10
if  units =>51 and <101  price = 9.75
if  units =>101 and <201  price = 8.75
if  units =>201 and <301  price = 8.00
if  units =>301 and <401  price = 7.00
if  units =>501 and <501  price = 6.00
if  units =>501  price = 5.00

I have tried to create a module in VBA, and tried to figure out a
formula that would do this -- but failed.  I am neither a programmer
nor an Excel expert, and know when I have ventured too far into terra
incognita.

Anybody know of a solution for this problem?

Thanks

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

With number of units in A1,
=VLOOKUP(A1,{0,10;51,9.75;101,8.75;201,8;301,7;401,6;501,5},2,TRUE)
Regards,
Alan.
<wilson.robin@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to create a cost calculator form, which will automatically
> calculate the discounted monthly price for a service based on the
> number of units. I want to have a single cell which will calculate the
> discount rate based on the number of units.
>
> The discounts are:
>
> if  units =<50  price = 10
> if  units =>51 and <101  price = 9.75
> if  units =>101 and <201  price = 8.75
> if  units =>201 and <301  price = 8.00
> if  units =>301 and <401  price = 7.00
> if  units =>501 and <501  price = 6.00
> if  units =>501  price = 5.00
>
> I have tried to create a module in VBA, and tried to figure out a
> formula that would do this -- but failed.  I am neither a programmer
> nor an Excel expert, and know when I have ventured too far into terra
> incognita.
>
> Anybody know of a solution for this problem?
>
> Thanks

0
alan111 (581)
8/27/2006 2:10:56 AM
A formula

=VLOOKUP(B1,{0,0;1,10;51,9.75;101,8.75;201,8;301,7;401,6;501,5},2)

where the quantity is put in B1

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
(remove ^^ from email)

<wilson.robin@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to create a cost calculator form, which will automatically
> calculate the discounted monthly price for a service based on the
> number of units. I want to have a single cell which will calculate the
> discount rate based on the number of units.
>
> The discounts are:
>
> if  units =<50  price = 10
> if  units =>51 and <101  price = 9.75
> if  units =>101 and <201  price = 8.75
> if  units =>201 and <301  price = 8.00
> if  units =>301 and <401  price = 7.00
> if  units =>501 and <501  price = 6.00
> if  units =>501  price = 5.00
>
> I have tried to create a module in VBA, and tried to figure out a
> formula that would do this -- but failed.  I am neither a programmer
> nor an Excel expert, and know when I have ventured too far into terra
> incognita.
>
> Anybody know of a solution for this problem?
>
> Thanks

0
Peo

create a roster

Task Create - Status

Reference to Knowledge base article 849972
Hi: We are experience this problem very frequently and is creating a problem in our accounting. Some times we are able to enter the invoice and some times not. Please fix this problem as early as possible. Until now in Great Plains 8 service pack 4a this fix is not availabe. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsrea...

using CList as a base class in an extension DLL
Hi all. I must be doing something wrong but cannot figure it out. I have a data class and a list class, in an extension DLL, declared like this: >#define DllExport __declspec (dllexport) >class DllExport CRate : public CObject { >public: > DECLARE_SERIAL (CRate) > CRate () { m_Rate = 0; } > CRate (const CRate &in) { *this = in; } > > const CRate& operator= (const CRate& in) > { m_Rate = in.m_Rate; m_Date = in.m_Date; return *this; } > > bool operator== (const CRate& in); > bool operator!= (const CRate& i...

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

How do I sort by calculated field
relationship = one buyer to many purchases. Report is summary of buyer purchases. Number of purchases and total purchased. The number of purchases is calculated "=Count([Lot Info]![Lot No])" , the total purchase is calculated "=Sum([Price])" How can I make the report sort by descending total purchases? By descending total lots? To get the information to report one total line sorting and grouping is set to group by buyer number, group ascending. group on each value, interval =1, keep together = whole group. Presumably the sum of price is in a group footer, so...

when form created

Creating a Brochure

How to create Access macro shortcut

Excel's Calculating Sequence
If I have a block of formulae , say, in A1:E10 and hit F9 is thare any particular sequence that the recalc is done ? e.g. by rows first and then columns etc. TIA Bill From the Help file: When are existing formulas recalculated? Excel recalculates those cells that are dependent on other cells that contain changed values. This type of calculation helps to avoid unnecessary calculations. Excel also calculates workbooks each time they are opened. Background calculation As calculation proceeds, you can choose commands or perform actions such as entering numbers or formulas. Excel tempor...

Creating an ad book

Changing the volume of 2 sound files on the same slides
Hello all, I have background music playing on my PPT while I'm speaking. I would like to know how can I adjust the volume to on the background music to play softly underneath my voice. Thanks in advance! Geo I see you have posted a couple of times on this. The only method I have been able to use is Audacity, a FREE and quite comprehensive sound utility. Put your music (and voice, if you wish) into Audacity and alter the volumes to suit you needs, then export the file as a wav file for use in PowerPoint. You will need to spend a little time playing with Audacity t...

Update field w/ string based on service due dates
Hi, I have a form that provides a listing of various instruments that are serviced on a monthly to annual basis, with general info about the instrument, last and next service dates, etc.. What I am trying to do is create an On Open event procedure that will identify all instruments that are listed with a string of either "Past Due" or "Schedule Vendor" based on whether each of their respective 'Due' dates have already transpired or not from the current month. The code I initially created for this was as follows: Private Sub Form_Open() Dim myDate, myDue myD...

Smartlist builder calculated field problem
I am trying to build a smartlist with a calculated field that contains the number of hours and minutes until a service call expires. The user defined 1 field is the date and time in smalldate format that shows when the call expires. I need to have it so that the field displays the hours / minutes until this time is reached. I currently have the following in the : DATEDIFF ( hh , GETDATE() , {Service Call Master:User Defined 1} ) this returns absolutly nothing when I add the columns to the smart list. The field description in great plains tells me that the user defined field is a stri...

Counting entries in column C, based on entries in column A
I would like to count the # of entries of a value in column C, grouped by values in column A. Binder Note Category AA01 abc 2 AA01 ccc 2 AA01 abc 2 AA01 ddd 3 AA22 aaa 1 AA22 ccc 2 Need to find the # of Category 2's , for every Binder # Do not have the nested IF's I have tried available at the moment, but I am getting close... Try this: E1 = some binder code like AA01 E2 = some category number like 2 =SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A7=E1),--(C2:C7=E2)) Biff <xj6rob@hotmail....

Access unable to create an MDE

Report based on a record
How can I make a report, when it's opened, ask for user input? I need to have the user select a name from a list & report on that name's record. Is this done in the query for the report or the report itself? Thank You Don I almost always open a form first that has a control for the user to select or enter the criteria value(s). Then I add a button to open the report. There is sample code for this at http://www.mvps.org/access/reports/rpt0002.htm. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "blanch2010" wrote: > How can I make a report, when it...