How To Copy Rows without Work Art

I have some Word Art in say Rows 9-23, I use some Macro code to copy cells
9-23 down to 10 grouped rows below 23, but everytime I run the Macro it also
copies a 'New' Work Art over the existing Art below Row 15. My fear is that
my file size will balloon. My code simply states

Sheets("Starters").Select
    Rows("9:23").Select
    Selection.Copy
    Range("A25").Select
    ActiveSheet.Paste
    Range("A41").Select
    ActiveSheet.Paste

How can I copy Rows 9-23 without the WorkArt also (which is 'floating' over
Rows 14-18)

Thanks

excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Another possibility which I have tried is to select ALL Wordart between say
Rows 23-300 and delete them. However going to Select Object, selects every
object in the whole worksheet, some of which are Command buttons.

I've also tried creating a Macro to delete the WordArt, however it seems
everytime a WordArt is created it is assigned a unique number, hence you
can't run the macro a second time

"John" <johndoconnor@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> I have some Word Art in say Rows 9-23, I use some Macro code to copy cells
> 9-23 down to 10 grouped rows below 23, but everytime I run the Macro it
also
> copies a 'New' Work Art over the existing Art below Row 15. My fear is
that
> my file size will balloon. My code simply states
>
> Sheets("Starters").Select
>     Rows("9:23").Select
>     Selection.Copy
>     Range("A25").Select
>     ActiveSheet.Paste
>     Range("A41").Select
>     ActiveSheet.Paste
>
> How can I copy Rows 9-23 without the WorkArt also (which is 'floating'
over
> Rows 14-18)
>

> Thanks

If there are no other objects you want copied|pasted, maybe you could just use a
couple of pastespecials:

Option Explicit
Sub testme()

    Dim fRng As Range
    Dim tRng As Range

    With Worksheets("starters")
        Set fRng = .Rows("9:23")
        Set tRng = .Range("a25")
    End With

    fRng.Copy
    tRng.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteFormulas
    tRng.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteFormats

End Sub

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Dave Peterson" <ec35720@netscapeXSPAM.com> wrote in message
> If there are no other objects you want copied|pasted, maybe you could just
use a
> couple of pastespecials:
>
> Option Explicit
> Sub testme()
>
>     Dim fRng As Range
>     Dim tRng As Range
>
>     With Worksheets("starters")
>         Set fRng = .Rows("9:23")
>         Set tRng = .Range("a25")
>     End With
>
>     fRng.Copy
>     tRng.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteFormulas
>     tRng.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteFormats
>
> End Sub
>

> John wrote:
> >
> > Another possibility which I have tried is to select ALL Wordart between
say
> > Rows 23-300 and delete them. However going to Select Object, selects
every
> > object in the whole worksheet, some of which are Command buttons.
> >
> > I've also tried creating a Macro to delete the WordArt, however it seems
> > everytime a WordArt is created it is assigned a unique number, hence you
> > can't run the macro a second time
> >
> > "John" <johndoconnor@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > I have some Word Art in say Rows 9-23, I use some Macro code to copy
cells
> > > 9-23 down to 10 grouped rows below 23, but everytime I run the Macro
it
> > also
> > > copies a 'New' Work Art over the existing Art below Row 15. My fear is
> > that
> > > my file size will balloon. My code simply states
> > >
> > > Sheets("Starters").Select
> > >     Rows("9:23").Select
> > >     Selection.Copy
> > >     Range("A25").Select
> > >     ActiveSheet.Paste
> > >     Range("A41").Select
> > >     ActiveSheet.Paste
> > >
> > > How can I copy Rows 9-23 without the WorkArt also (which is 'floating'
> > over
> > > Rows 14-18)
> > >

> > > Thanks
> > >

> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
John

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

Recover Deleted Item Retention Not Working
Outlook 2003 on Windows XP SP2 (IMAP or RPC over HTTPS) Exchange 2003 SP2 User has their mailbox set in AD to keep deleted items 60 days, but when they delete emails in outlook then highlight deleted items and hit recover deleted items nothing shows up. I've also tried in OWA and get the same issue. Tried different users and profiles. Thanks, Jon This setting is found in ESM not in ADUC. You cant specify how long a deleted item stays in the IS using ADUC you specify this in ESM "Jon Feilding" wrote: > Outlook 2003 on Windows XP SP2 (IMAP or RPC over HTTPS) > Exchan...

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

email reply indent doesn't work
ol03, reply as plain text, using the outlook spell check, not using word: i have it set to indent when replying, but nothing indents in the reply. i only want a reasonable way to reply to different points in an email. if i use characters before the reply then i have to deal with the spell checker reading everything. if i turn on word for email i have to deal with outlook whining about normal.dot not being saved properly. so i'd like to try indenting, but it doesn't seem to work. help? I could be wrong, but I believe that indentations is a property of some type of formattin...

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Send As not working properly
I have 2 account that are owners of the information store. They deliver voicemail messages and need send as permission to every mailbox. They work for about 95+% of the mailboxes. We have a few that it responds with you do not have send as permission. If I go to the security tab and add the account to have Send As it works as it should for that account. The second account still does not work at that time. Hi, Check if there is a 'Deny' setting active on the Send As permission for the accounts which do not get the permission and check if these accounts are member of a gro...

Row hieght formula
I was wondering if there is a formula for row height. I have a lon list, and I want each row that returns a 0 to collapse automatically. Anyone know how to do that -- funktasti ----------------------------------------------------------------------- funktastic's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1600 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27473 You should hide them. I'm not too keen on Visual Basic, but that's where you'd need to go to automate it. If you'd like to do it manually you can filter the cel...

Grouping Rows
I need to group a bunch of rows but I am having some problems. The code lines below works great: Rows("5:8").Select Selection.Rows.Group but I need to group these rows 12,14,16,18,20,22,24,26,28,30. I tried Rows("12,14,16,18,20,22,24,26,28,30").Select Selection.Rows.Group but I get and Overflow error message. When I tried Me.Rows("12:12,14:14,16:16,18:18,20:20,22:22,24:24,26:26,28:28,30:30").Select Selection.Rows.Group I get a Type mismatch error message. What am I doing wrong? HI The 'Rows' object obviously do not ac...

Secondary Copy

local copy of mail

Row amd column heading
I have received one excel file in which rows number (1,2...) and column name (A,B,...) are in some big font 18, or maybe more. I couldn't find option to make them standard. Thanks in advance, Emilija Hi Emilija, On you toolbar you should have a font box and next to it is the size of the font. Select the row and change the fontsize to 10 for instance. Help, Answer Wizard Change font size From the topics show, select the topic that matches "Change the font or font size" --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http...

Impersonation without passing username and password.
I have a service running on a server that gives users access to a database through remoting services. My supervisor wants the server that the service starts to access the database with the user credentials of the user making the request. I'm thinking that this will have to be done though some kind of impersonation but all of the examples I have seen require me to pass the user name and password. The user is logged onto our domain and I need to find a way to access the database through the server via remoting using the credentials of the user without passing a username/ passwor...

Linking Cells in a row.
Hello, I am trying to link several cells in a row, so that when I sort one column, the rest of the row of information stays with the sorted cell. Thank you... Ben Register Hi Ben, All you need to do is highlight all the columns of the information. For example: If your "sort by" column is A and you want all information in columns B-F to stay with it, highlight A-F. Then you can highlight one cell in the group of cells that are highlighted. This shows up as a white cell within the highlighted area. press tab until the white box is in the column you want to sort by. ...

Outlook 2000 SP3

Copy picture ossice wizard

sorting without affecting links
Sheet 1 complete list of names all pupils and fees per month Sheet 2/sheet per instructor - list of pupils per instructor with names and fees linked from sheet 1 Problem. If we add new names to sheet 1 then sort it alphabetically the rows change so sheets 2s values get messed up. One way is to use VLOOKUP in Sheet2 for the Fees Assume in Sheet1, names are in col A, Fees in col B data from row2 down In Sheet2, names are listed in A2 down, Fees to be extracted in B2 down Put in B2: =IF(A2="","",VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!A:B,2,0)) Copy B2 down as far as required -- Rgds Max xl ...

subtotal copy and paste

Show Date without time
I've a grid view with a column that shows a DateTime value <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Data"> <ItemTemplate> <asp:Label ID="lblData" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("Data") %>'></asp:Label> </ItemTemplate> <ItemStyle Width="70px"></ItemStyle> </asp:TemplateField> I would like to show only date (not time) but using templatefield and not BoundField solution Thanks &quo...

limit number of rows 7 colloms in a worksheet
is there a way to limit or set the number of rows & collums in a worksheet ? thanks david --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "davidbrowne17" <davidbrowne17.ya1sm@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:davidbrowne17.ya1sm@excelforum-nospam.com... > is there a way to limit or set the number of rows & collums in a > worksheet ? No. All worksheets have 256 columns by 65536 rows. You can hide unused rows/columns. But why bother? Hi David, Put this in the ThisWorkbook code module. Adjust to suit the area. Private Sub Workbook_Open() Wo...

outlook 2000 quits without error when sending email
When I either send a new email, or attempt to forward an email outlook 200 quits without an error message. This does not happen every time, but quite regularily. I have removed and re-installed. Repaired the pst file Shaken my fists. Nothing seems to resolve it. One note is that this sudden quit occurs prior to the message is spell checked. Could this be the issue? ...

THIS REALLY WORKS!
This simple program is making ordinary people rich!!! This is the only money-making system that allows ordinary people earn extra cash from home. Hello , I hope you're doing well. What I'm about to tell you is one of the most guarded secrets on the internet today. I was skeptical at first, but then I visited the site and the proof was extraordinary. I was blown away! I earn $1,000 in a few days from home with my computer. That's not a typo. Yes,I get 10 Grand just FOR A WHILE I must say, I've been working online full-time for quite some time (over 2 years) and when I saw...

Extra row in CTE
Hi, I have a table (#qed_missing_quarters) with the following rows in it: row_num quarter_end_date 1 2002-09-30 00:00:00.000 2 2002-12-31 00:00:00.000 3 2003-03-31 00:00:00.000 4 2003-06-30 00:00:00.000 5 2003-09-30 00:00:00.000 And I have the following code as a test to traverse across the table: ;WITH qed_missing_values(row_num, quarter_end_date) AS ( SELECT row_num AS [row_num], quarter_end_date AS [quarter_end_date] FROM #qed_missing_quarters WHERE row_num = 1 UNION ALL SELECT a.row_num + 1, a.quarter_end_date FROM #qed_missing_quarters AS a INNER JOIN ...