How to copy "Ignore Error" all through?

Hello
I have a formula wherein the result is ok, but gets flagged "missing 
adjacent cells". I select the "Ignore this error" but how to copy this 
across all cells? Or do I have to do it on every cell? Thanks


0
padhye.m (42)
5/7/2007 11:27:55 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

2 Replies
424 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 40

Select that whole range--make the active cell one of the cells with that error.

Then click on the flag and choose "Ignore Error".

dindigul wrote:
> 
> Hello
> I have a formula wherein the result is ok, but gets flagged "missing
> adjacent cells". I select the "Ignore this error" but how to copy this
> across all cells? Or do I have to do it on every cell? Thanks

-- 

Dave Peterson
0
petersod (12004)
5/7/2007 11:40:28 AM
Better yet

Go into Tools>Options>Error checking and turn it off.

That thing annoys me too much, along with paste options and insert options.


Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 07 May 2007 06:40:28 -0500, Dave Peterson <petersod@verizonXSPAM.net>
wrote:

>Select that whole range--make the active cell one of the cells with that error.
>
>Then click on the flag and choose "Ignore Error".
>
>dindigul wrote:
>> 
>> Hello
>> I have a formula wherein the result is ok, but gets flagged "missing
>> adjacent cells". I select the "Ignore this error" but how to copy this
>> across all cells? Or do I have to do it on every cell? Thanks

0
Gord
5/7/2007 5:45:27 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

How to copy "Ignore Error" all through?
Hello I have a formula wherein the result is ok, but gets flagged "missing adjacent cells". I select the "Ignore this error" but how to copy this across all cells? Or do I have to do it on every cell? Thanks Select that whole range--make the active cell one of the cells with that error. Then click on the flag and choose "Ignore Error". dindigul wrote: > > Hello > I have a formula wherein the result is ok, but gets flagged "missing > adjacent cells". I select the "Ignore this error" but how to copy this > across all cells?...

Ignore error msgs in formula references
I have an Average formula that refers to cells linked to another spreadsheet. The linked spreadhsheet gets updated each month, so that for months with no data yet, a #Div/0! error appears. I need to average a group of cells that display updated numbers as well as this error msg & I can't remove any of them from the calculation. I have found that you can use the IF function to display a string value in a cell w/an error message, but only if you can control the formula causing the Div/0! error...I can't, as that is the linked spreadsheet this was the topic in the help files I...

Can I have spell check ignore errors and alert me to real words?
Instead of stopping on misspellings and skipping real words, is there a way to stop on correct spellings to find actual words in a bunch of gibberish? Sort of an "UNspell check". For example, pass over "JJKSXO" but show me "SPELL". No, there is no way of doing that regards, Peo Sjoblom "JenLynFish" wrote: > Instead of stopping on misspellings and skipping real words, is there a way > to stop on correct spellings to find actual words in a bunch of gibberish? > Sort of an "UNspell check". For example, pass over "JJKSX...

calculate average in percentage coloumn with #DIV/! (ignore error
calculate average in percentage coloumn with #DIV/!. When the formula has to calculate the average of a few figures it must ignore all error if present in the some cells On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 02:46:41 -0700, "neelsels SA" <neelsels SA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >calculate average in percentage coloumn with #DIV/!. When the formula has to >calculate the average of a few figures it must ignore all error if present in >the some cells =AVERAGE(IF(ISERROR(A1:A10)+ISBLANK(A1:A10),"",A1:A10)) entered as an *array* formula. To enter an *array* formula,...

Min/Max to ignore error values
I have a series that contains #N/A errors results from a formula. I want to calculate the min/max of the actuals values ignoring the error values. Any ideas? I have tried min() & mina() but returning errors. It's always advisable to correct the error in the original formula. Why not post the formula that's returning the error so that a suggestion can be made to eliminate it. If you insist on keeping the errors visible in the range, you can try something like this *array* formula: =MIN(IF(NOT(ISNA(A1:A5)),A1:A5)) -- Array formulas must be entered with CSE, <Ctrl> &l...

Ignore error
I have a spreadsheet that consists of multiple years of data that have some headings and footings between each set of 12 monthly rows. One column of data has a formula like this: =X140-T140-U140 Every cell except the January cell has the little "Inconsistent data" mark. "The formula in this cell differs from the formulas from this area of the spreadsheet". Well, duh, I know that, I wrote it. I can go to each cell and tell it to ignore the error, or I can change the error checking rules. But I was wondering - can I tell it to ignore that error for the ...