moonhkt
0
moonhkt (17)
1/13/2012 2:26:46 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On 1=E6=9C=8813=E6=97=A5, =E4=B8=8A=E5=8D=8810=E6=99=8226=E5=88=86, moonhkt=
 <moon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> How to copy cell with remark ?
>
> Excel : 2003
>
> moonhkt

More Infrormation. I open two instance of Excel.exe. For compare excel
side by side verify and copy.
The remark or comment can not copy between 2 excel instance.

When open 2 file in one Excel.exe, the comment can able to copy.
0
moonhkg (1)
1/13/2012 3:37:06 AM
After serious thinking leung eric wrote :
> On 1月13日, 上�͈10時26�Ȇ, moonhkt <moon...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi All
>>
>> How to copy cell with remark ?
>>
>> Excel : 2003
>>
>> moonhkt
>
> More Infrormation. I open two instance of Excel.exe. For compare excel
> side by side verify and copy.
> The remark or comment can not copy between 2 excel instance.
>
> When open 2 file in one Excel.exe, the comment can able to copy.

That's because Comments are not copy-able between instances. If you
look at the object hierarchy for a Comment you'll see that its highest
level of scope is Excel instance containing the workbook it exists in.
It's parent is the Range it belongs to; the Range's parent is the
worksheet; ..and so on.

The only way to physically move a comment from one instance of Excel to
another is to programmatically grab the comment's 'Text' property and
populate a target range with a new comment that contains the text. That
won't copy any formatting unless you also do the same for its
'FillColor' and 'ForeColor' properties. In any respect you can't copy
any RTF formatting this way.

Otherwise, Excel seems to manage its own clipboard content internally
(per instance) for stuff like this. This is different that what we
expect from the Windows clipboard's normal behavior.

--
Garry

gs3102 (378)
1/13/2012 4:41:42 AM
On Jan 13, 12:41=C2=A0pm, GS <g...@somewhere.net> wrote:
> After serious thinking leung eric wrote :
>
> > On 1=E6=9C=8813=E6=97=A5, =E4=B8=8A =CD=8810=E6=99=8226 =C8=86, moonhkt=
 <moon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi All
>
> >> How to copy cell with remark ?
>
> >> Excel : 2003
>
> >> moonhkt
>
> > More Infrormation. I open two instance of Excel.exe. For compare excel
> > side by side verify and copy.
> > The remark or comment can not copy between 2 excel instance.
>
> > When open 2 file in one Excel.exe, the comment can able to copy.
>
> That's because Comments are not copy-able between instances. If you
> look at the object hierarchy for a Comment you'll see that its highest
> level of scope is Excel instance containing the workbook it exists in.
> It's parent is the Range it belongs to; the Range's parent is the
> worksheet; ..and so on.
>
> The only way to physically move a comment from one instance of Excel to
> another is to programmatically grab the comment's 'Text' property and
> populate a target range with a new comment that contains the text. That
> won't copy any formatting unless you also do the same for its
> 'FillColor' and 'ForeColor' properties. In any respect you can't copy
> any RTF formatting this way.
>
> Otherwise, Excel seems to manage its own clipboard content internally
> (per instance) for stuff like this. This is different that what we
> expect from the Windows clipboard's normal behavior.
>
> --
> Garry
>
> Free usenet access athttp://www.eternal-september.org
> ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc

Thank for you advice.
0
moonhkt (17)

combining data in multiple cells
is it possible to combine data from more than 2 cells without losing the data from the cells? i know i can concatenate 2 cells, but what about data from 3 or more cells? Hi, =A1&B1&C1&D1 Mike -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "adkmayhem" wrote: > is it possible to combine data from more than 2 cells without losing the data > from the cells? i know i can concatenate 2 cells, but what about data from 3 ...

restricting entry into a cell based on entry to a previous cell
I have a group of cells for an inventory sheet. I want to prevent double or incorrect entry. For example, if there is any entry into cell F6 they cannot place an entry into F7 or F8. The same would apply for entry into F7 which would restrict entry to F8 and F6. Can this be done? Use Data Validation Data > Validation... > Custom > Formula is: =COUNTA($F$6:$F$8)=1 apply this to F6, F7, F8 -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200790 "newbie57" wrote: > I have a group of cells for an inventory sheet. I want to prevent double or > incorrect entry. For example, if t...

If cell value is greater than another cell value, clear contents.
Okay, hopefully this is the last question today! I've found the below formula in one of the posts here, but my brain has completely failed on me and I'm not sure how to adapt it to my requirements. I have a value which is entered by the user after a prompt, that populates in cell G4 in a sheet called 'Lookup'. For arguments sake, the current value is 30/11/09. I have another worksheet, 'Data', which has a column populated with dates (say column B). I'd like a macro that looks in column B on the data sheet, and clears out any dates which are gr...

How do I get brackets in format cells accounting?
In Excel 2000, "format cells accounting" got me brackets around negative numbers. Excel 2003 gives me a negative sign. Is there any to change this? I know I can get the format I want in custom, but this seems to require formatting each cell. Highlight all the desired cells. Right click and select Format Cells. From the Number tab you can select the desired view. "allan" wrote: > In Excel 2000, "format cells accounting" got me brackets around negative > numbers. Excel 2003 gives me a negative sign. Is there any to change this? > I know I c...

Increase numbers in cells
One of my co-workers wants to increase the numbers in each cell by 10, 100 or 1,000. Is there a way to do this without going through and changing each and every cells. I was thinking about putting those values in a cell and then putting a formula in the cell to multiply the value of that cell by that value. But then that would require putting those values in a different area as well. Thanks for the help! Here you go, Larry: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/perform_arithmetic_on_a_group_of_cells_in_microsoft_excel_worksheets.htm Hope it helps! ******************* ~Anne Troy www.Offi...

Fill a spreadsheet automatically after one cell is input
Okay, I know how a normal autofill works. However, how do I do it in this case? Spreadsheet has formulae. User makes a selection and VLookup instantly populates the rest of the table with information. So how do I instantly populate said spreadsheet where it autofills the row once it is selected. An IsBlank() formula works in theory, but then I have to autofill the first 500 rows or so. I want something that just dynamically moves to fill the row as the user gets to it. Is it possible? For what you are stating I think that you are looking at some way or adding the extra data once the us...

I saw somebody else extract part of a cell
In my list, there are inventory numbers in columns, like such: 023012977500000 023015877700000 What I would like to do is somehow get rid of the first set of numbers, the "0230" set, and also the end set, the zeros. I saw somebody at work do something similiar once, with a command or function...it looked like he was telling it to count over X places, then get the rest of the numbers maybe? Any suggestions? Tia, A A use MID. If your data is in cell A1, then in another cell on the same row, say B1, put: =MID(A1,5,LEN(A1)-9) Regards Trevor "AngrieWoman" <angrie....

Best way of "mirror" several cell areas on one sheet to others?
I have several areas with information I want in the exact same cells in other sheets [in the same workbook]. I first ran a macrorecording, but of cource there is problems with that - - It take a lot of time and power - Difficult to do with worksheet_change or worksheet_deactivate without loop because you need selections in the different sheets and that make events. I have tried Function ='Sheet1'!B34 in cell Sheet2 B34 because it run on a more effective code and not on a vb overlap. In that case you need a =IF('Sheet1'!B34="";"";='Sheet1'!B34) to ha...

Copy Function
I hope I can explain what I need to do. In cell A2 I want to copy the number that is in cell P37 In cell A3 I want to copy the number that is in cell P38 (repeat for 8 rows, ending with..........) In cell A11 I want to copy the number that is in cell P46 Skip 5 rows and continue pattern In cell A17 I want to copy the number that is in cell P52 Is there a way to key in on cell P37 and tell the next line to copy the result in one cell below P37 In the final row it would say something like copy the result of 13 rows below P37. Thanks to whoever wants to tackle an explanation. - Genie ...

conditional formatting of cells based on result in hidden cell
I have a column (Z) that reflects status for each record (rows). I want to have conditional formatting based on the content in column AA (which is hidden - but has the calculations). I have four options that I need to be able to develop a corresponding color for for the cells in Z. My understanding of other code examples that have been posted using Target is that they don't apply to looking at one cell and formatting a different cell. TIA, Papa J Depends on how the code is written: If Target.Column = "A" Then If Target.Value = 1 Then Range(&...

Return information in one cell based on search in other sheets
I need a formula to fill in names in sheet 3 into the time slots that correspond with thier assignments in sheets 1 and 2. For instance, the formula in cell d6 would search sheets 1 and 2 until it find "SA 60 4P-12M" until it found the information found in cell d8 in sheet 2. Notice that in d8 "W/T" is in between "SA 60" and "4P-12M" but not allows. SHEET 1: SHIFT NAMES SUNDAY MONDAY TUESDAY WEDNESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY SATURDAY JONES WP WP DO DO WP WP WP ALLEN W SA 60 8A-4P W W W DO DO THOMAS SA 60 W/T 8A-4P SA 61/1 8A - 8P DO DO/SA 60 8...

Remove Duplicate Numbers in One Cell
My worksheet has one column in which each cell has one and two-digit numbers separated by spaces, such as 1 18 22 5 1 31 8 11 6 1 I want to remove all the duplicate numbers in each cell, leaving only one instance of each number in there. (1 and 11 are different numbers, of course). I've tried a few solutions, but they're clunky and inelegant and take a long time to do these thousands of cells. Anyone have a better way? Thanks, Lucky This isn't eligant but it is pretty straight forward. Use split to put the numbers into an array. Perform a Buble Test on the a...

Possible to shade cell slightly but that only shows up on screen + not printout? [XL2003]
I have a form that is built in Excel that is quite challenging to fill in because fillable cells aren't always readily apparent. Since it's a form that although filled out on the computer is to be printed out, it has many empty cells that do not require data entry and that are just the "background" white of the document. Is there a feature in Excel that would allow us to colour in those "background" parts of the form in something like a light grey that only shows up on the screen as that colour yet that prints out as clear of colour (white, in other words) so that...

Linking a Visio shape to an Excel data cell
I am more than new to Visio. I am making timelines that will show various stages of a product. I have created cylindrical timelines, and I can import my Excel data. Is there a way for me to link various cells types (Beta 1, Beta 2) to Visio shapes so that instead of a date the shape will be shown on the timeline? That is, can I configure Visio so that every Beta 1 automatically displays as a timeline square and every Beta 1 automatically displays as a timeline diamond? (And if so, how?) Thanks~ -- Billie First of all shapes are positioned horizontally on the timeline by date, so it...

How do I format a cell, so the user must use a user calendar? #2
I created a user calendar by means of a macro. I want to set a cell in the workbook so when someone clicks on the cell the calendar automatically comes up so they can select a date. ...

macro copy and paste
I am just learning how to use Macros and I have a process I do quite a bit that I would like to have a macro created for. I use copy - paste special/multiply often when needing to change number formats. What I would like to do is to create a macro that will multiply a cell or reange of cells by 1 (formateed as a number with no decimals or even just as general, how can I accomplish this? I'm just trying to guess what exactly you want to achieve and if i got that right - i think you want to apply format 'General' to a specific range of cells and want the values in tho...

Help referencing last cell in column
I don't know. I just don't know and I've tried looking it up in Google and HELP and asking our resident EXCEL whiz, and I know it's gotta be something simple, and here's my problem: Two sheets in a workbook and the front one is the pretty one with a photo for background while the second one is where all the data and formulae are. I can cipher and format and manipulate data til the cows come home. What I want is for the last (read bottom) cell in column A of sheet two to show up in a cell I choose on sheet 1. Let's say that sheet one has "Current worm reproduct...

Copy a file into several different folders at once
Is there a way to copy a file and paste it into several different folders at once. Or do I have to copy and paste this file one at a time into each folder? thanks The later, unless you create a batch (bat file) file to do the copying for you, but it is still one destination at a time. james wrote: > Is there a way to copy a file and paste it into several different folders at > once. Or do I have to copy and paste this file one at a time into each > folder? > > thanks > Bob 1, thanks for the info. i have to ask what is a (bat file)? "...

Copying an account from the active account view
Hi Everyone I got a new challenge today to copy a record from the account Entity in the active account view. What i am thinking of creating a new copy button on the grid. But i am not sure about how to code this button. Is there any other way out as well????? Any Idea really appreciable. Thanks in advance. Regards -- Jaber You need to retrieve the account by passing GUID of account and then get the values of attributes of account. soemthing like : Guid AccountID = new Guid (""); account test = (account)service.retrieve (entityname.account.ToString(),AccountId, new AllColum...

excel cell limited in # chars that can print?
when i type a large string into a cell, the print image (and the actual printer output) cut off the string at some point. is there a way around this (feature?/bug?) thks Evan Hi Evan, Take a look at HELP, index, specifications Turn on word wrap -- format, cells, alignment, wrap text Use some Alt+Enter to extend a limitation that may not have been worded properly. adjust your row height if needed. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcr...

Cell data prefixed with unknown character #2
Thanks for the quick response. Option 1 and 2 did not work. I used th macro and it's just what I needed. Thanks again -- ingine ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ingineu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1486 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26491 ...

Any way to change all references to one column (in a cell) to another column?
I have an array of cells that all refer to cells in column A (A30,A32 etc). I'd like to change all those references to C30,D32, etc. Is there any way to do this? Because of other relative references i the cells, just copying won't work. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks again for all your help. Kat -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Your can use the Edit, Replace to do this. Example highlight the cells to change, then in the 'Find what' enter A30, in 'Replace with' enter C30, then A32 with D32 and so on. Charlie O'Neill >-----Or...

How do I create an absolute cell reference in Excel 2003?
Please explain how to create an absolute cell reference in Excel 2003? Thanks, Kris $A$1 is an absolute reference. Free course here; http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/free-training/excel-lesson-16-basic.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Kris" <Kris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92E57AFF-CA14-4F8C-B287-E7DCA064F76A@microsoft.com... > Please explain how to create an absolute cell reference in Excel 2003? > > Thanks, Kris ...

Can I link *.jpg files to Excel cells?
I would like to connect pictures to cells on a spreadsheet. Ideally, I'd like to connect more than one to a cell. Or to its row. That would work OK also. Can I do it? TIA LAS You can hyperlink a cell to an image stored elsewhere or to an image stored within the workbook. How you do it depends upon the purpose of the linking and the ultimate results you are looking for. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 17:26:13 -0400, "LAS" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote: >I would like to connect pictures to cells on a spreadsheet. Ideally, I'd >lik...

Quick Launch tool bar
I have tried copying the items from the quick launch bar to other profiles but it doesn't keep the order in tact. It sorts them. Is there any way to keep the icons in order as in the original profile? Thanks. -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > I have tried copying the items from the quick launch bar to other profiles > but it doesn't keep the order in tact. It sorts them. Is there any way to > keep the icons in order as in the original profile? > > Thanks. Try to copy (at your own risk ...) [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Window...