How to calculate number of month from 2008 in Excel?

I need to calculate the number of months from today to 2008 Dec 31, and
put that in an Excel cell with equal sign, and fraction of a month is
divided by 31.

How do I do that?

PS: I am not looking for dedicated VBA script module.

Thank you.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Look here:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Frank" <frank.invalid@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I need to calculate the number of months from today to 2008 Dec 31, and
> put that in an Excel cell with equal sign, and fraction of a month is
> divided by 31.
>
> How do I do that?
>
> PS: I am not looking for dedicated VBA script module.
>
> Thank you.

0
nicolaus (2022)
2/7/2006 9:57:36 AM
"DATEDIF has, for whatever reason, been treated as one of the drunk cousins
of the Function Family."

Nice :-)

"Niek Otten" <nicolaus@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
> Look here:
>
> http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm
>
> --
> Kind regards,
>
> Niek Otten
>
> "Frank" <frank.invalid@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I need to calculate the number of months from today to 2008 Dec 31, and
>> put that in an Excel cell with equal sign, and fraction of a month is
>> divided by 31.
>>
>> How do I do that?
>>
>> PS: I am not looking for dedicated VBA script module.
>>
>> Thank you.

0
danny8013 (22)
2/7/2006 12:19:55 PM
Thank you. I got the answer.
:-)

"Danny@Kendal" <danny@removethisbit.ghpkendal.co.uk> wrote in message
> "DATEDIF has, for whatever reason, been treated as one of the drunk
cousins
> of the Function Family."
>
> Nice :-)
>

> "Niek Otten" <nicolaus@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
> > Look here:
> >
> > http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm
> >
> > --
> > Kind regards,
> >
> > Niek Otten
> >
> > "Frank" <frank.invalid@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >>I need to calculate the number of months from today to 2008 Dec 31, and
> >> put that in an Excel cell with equal sign, and fraction of a month is
> >> divided by 31.
> >>
> >> How do I do that?
> >>
> >> PS: I am not looking for dedicated VBA script module.
> >>
> >> Thank you.

Excel - PDF
Is it possible to re-convert an Excel file which has been converted to a PDF back to Excel ? Ron100 wrote: > Is it possible to re-convert an Excel file which has been converted to a PDF > back to Excel ? No easy way if the spreadsheet has become a bitmap image. But OCR of a printed spreadsheet is a possible solution. You might wind up with a Word table that you can import into Excel. Bill You can turn a PDF file into an Excel file, you will NOT have the original Excel formulas macros etc. Only Text and or numbers. Ron100 wrote: > Is it possible to re-convert...

How to calculate age of a person?

entering data in excel invoices
-- TomA --- PattiD .. >-----Original Message----- > >-- >TomA >. > ...

Excel text corrupting problem
Has anyone seen anythink like what is happening in the Excel screenshot below .. http://www.jon-lamb.co.uk/tf_excel.gif The text is corrupting in cells. Its just happening on one PC and in most excel documents on that PC. It seems to happen a lot when cutting and pasting. So far, I've installed all office and windows updates, removed the anti virus software to test. Installed all graphics driver updates. PC spec is XP Pro, Celeron 3.2GHz, 2GB RAM. Office 2003 Any help much appreciated. Rgrds, Jon I believe that the display in XL is more through the Printer Driver than XL itself. T...

Excel Crashes Killing Me
Excel 2004, SP 11.2.3 PowerBook G4, 2 GB RAM, OS X 10.3.9 I've been working on a complex Excel financial model for a month now. I was putting the final touches on the whole thing this afternoon when it suddenly crashed. Previous crashes (many) left the model in a stable state and recoverable. The model has about 400 names ranges and many macros. It generally has been running stably. Unfortunately, that's not the case tonight. I save sequential backups frequently by shutting down Excel, duplicating the file in the Finder and naming the backup file with a numerical sequence number. I&...

multiuser access to excel files
Is there a way to allow for multiple users to access an excel workbook simultaneously if it is stored on a network share? "Ric Deters" <ricdeters@swbell.net> skrev i en meddelelse news:058c01c35320$297e2e60$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to allow for multiple users to access an > excel workbook simultaneously if it is stored on a network > share? Look in the Functions menu. Third item from the top (using a danish version so I don't know the english name for it) -- /\ preben nielsen \/\ prel@post.tele.dk tools/share workbook, and a check box. how nea...

Due Date Calculated

Number not showing correctly
Hi, I had tried to enter a 12digit number in a worksheet but after entering it its not showing the coorrect number.Eg Iam trying to enter 857268578633 in the work sheet but after entering its showing 8.57269e+11 Why its happened Like this can you please explain me the format of the cell is probably 'General' instead of number. When you select number you can select the number of decimal places and/or the comma and negative number format if you like. If it then shows up as ###### or still has the scientific format appearance, you can widen the column. "Nawas" wrote: ...

Excel Formula #13
I have a spreadsheet to log a persons manhours performed for the month. 31 columns with a totals column to follow the last day of the month. We are a military organization and there are a number of different statuses that a guy could be in on a given day. If, on the 5th, the guy works a drill I want to record it as a "U" so I know his status for the day. I want the totals column to read that as 8 hrs worked. How can I get my totals column to recognize an alpha character as a number? Mark Assuming alpha characters are recorded in row 1, try: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:AE1="U&qu...

how to calculate outliers

CSV /Excel File disabled after opening from a network.
I just seems that when i open a csv or excel file from network or from my mail attachment , the file opens ia small window and i am unable to maximize it. only i can close or minimize it. I have WinXP SP2 installed,also i have run all windows updates but the problem persists.!!! with WinXP SP1 there is no problem with such kind of file. any body have any solutions for this problem... ...

New! Consecutive Numbering Tutorial for Publisher 2002/2003
http://www.mvps.org/publisher/numbering1.html Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.kvalheim.org ...

converting .wdb files to excel
I need to convert .wdb files to excel files, however, I no longer have access to microsoft works. Any suggestions? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

see multiple tabs at once in excel
Excel should provide the ability to see multiple worksheets (tabs) at once. I am currently using Excel 2003. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c56ece01-0850-4900-9659-c6b79575a992&dg=mic...

Hyperlinking Excel to PPT address changes
Hi Folks! I am inserting a hyperlink in PPT 07 to an Excel file. I am creating the hyperlink address to be in the following format for Excel: Filename.xls#’worksheetname’!A1. I of course am using my own titles and cell referencing. However, when I create this address in the link, save the PPT file, close it, and reopen it, the address in the hyperlink address is changed to just Filename.xls and leaves off the worksheet and cell locations as well. The hyperlink address will not retain that info for some reason. Has anyone ever seen this? I am using PPT and Excel 07 with SP 2. Than...

group of numbers
How can I make a bunch of numbers being recognized as a group? I've got the following numbers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. I want them to be considered as a group. How can I achieve it? Thank you for your attention --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You can name the range of cells that contain the numbers. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html If that's not what you're trying to do, perhaps you could give a bit more detail. PeaceMaker < wrote: > How can I make a bunch of numbers being recognized as a group? > > I&...

MRP Excel Spread sheet
Hi I am looking to download an excel spreadsheet mrp production scheduling system / format. Can anybody help me. Tx JJ You try the following site. I have no idea whether it will do what you want so you can only try it. http://www.production-scheduling.com/MRP.asp If not what you want then try googling the following. excel mrp production scheduling system -- Regards, OssieMac "JJ" wrote: > Hi > > I am looking to download an excel spreadsheet mrp production scheduling > system / format. Can anybody help me. > > Tx &...

Keeping Excell document 'on top'
I have an Excell doc that I input data to from web pages. I was wondering if there was a way of keeping the document 'on top'(reduced so that it takes up only a part of the screen) so that I can input the data without losing sight of the web page and move around on the web page without losing sight of the excell doc. Since this may be a windows query (I'm using W98SE and IE6.0), I've also posted there. Any suggestions very gratefully received. Ian Pegg There are some third party tweaks for Windows that allow windows to be kept on top, but I've found that they ca...

How to get the digit number of a LONGLONG data?
How to get the digit number of a LONGLONG data? for example:LONGLONG aaa=123; then the digit number is 3; LONGLONG aaa=5678; then the digit number is 4; Another way is: int digits = 0; LONGLONG number = aaa; while (number > 0) { number /= 10; digits++; } Geo >-----Original Message----- >How to get the digit number of a LONGLONG data? >for example:LONGLONG aaa=123; then the digit number is 3; > LONGLONG aaa=5678; then the digit number is 4; > > >. > As long as the number isn't negative. "Geo" <ckarakiro@hotm...

restrict view of certain cells in excel
I am trying to restrict access to some users in excel. I am trying to make it so those that do not have the password can view the sheet "read only" but cannot view certain cells. Those that do have the password can view all cells. Perhaps save as 2 Workspaces? http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/save-as-workspace.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Firemann25" <Firemann25@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA92F134-6CDD-438A-85A8-473AC0F4D57B@microsoft.com... >I am trying to restrict access to some users in excel. I am tryi...

transaction number #2
hi all while generating detailed sales report in mrms 1.3 we select transaction number to view journal of that particular bill,we find correct details in journal. But when we see in detailed sales report , we find items which are not a part of that journal displayed under transaction #. Is there query any problem in detailed sales report query in qrp reports. Rizwan, Have you tried to reindex the database? It's in the RMS Administrator under the database menu. Are you having any other issues with the software? Daniel techs1@nurol.com NuRol Point of Sale www.nurol.com 404-352-...

Numbering
Hi, I am new to Word 2007 and am looking for a little be of help. hopefully someone knows the answer. I am creating a document with various headings. Having set-up my styles I have now encoutered a problem. I have various sections and the numbering is ok for Section A, however, when I reach Section B although the main heading is ok "2 SECTION B" (the numbering following from the main heading of SECTION A), the main body numbering follows of from Section A and does not restart. See example below At the present the document looks like this: 1 SECTION ...