How to calculate how many cells have a value of less than 3?

What formula can you use to get the total number of entries from within a
range of cells that contain any value 3 or less?

I have a large numbers of results in a spreadsheet (results can be anywhere
from 1-10) and want to be able to easily get the total number of entries
that are either 1,2, or 3.

Thanks...

0
no (445)
10/6/2005 11:02:52 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

=countif(a1:b99,"<=3")

is one way.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Data validation, cell protection or other method?
I have used data validation to set parameters for valid data entry and I have also used cell protection to prevent any type of data entry. What I am trying to do in this instance is to prevent data entry but, instead of the standard message that pops up when using cell protection, I want to display a customized message such as: Data for these fields must be entered in "Project Assumptions" Can Data validation be used to prevent data entry of any kind or do I need to look for a VBA solution? Say you want A1:A10 to be restricted. Select the range, A1:A10, then in Data Valida...

Editing e-mail address brings up Outlook in Excel cell
WindowsXP Excel 2003 A user received an Excel spreadsheet of name and e-mail addresses. When I clicked in the cell that contained the e-mail address it launched a new mail message in Outlook with the e-mail address in the "To:" field. Is there any way to turn this off..I tried to make the cells all text but this did not help. Thank you. You have to remove the underlying hyperlinks. http://www.officearticles.com/excel/remove_hyperlinks_in_microsoft_excel.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "HT" <dkajfd@dkafjd.com> wrote in message news:uTRiRR6vFHA...

How to refer to a cell format code?
Hi! I have a huge amount of different money values in diffenet cells, and I need to separate/sort them according to the currency. The problem is that the currency has been defined from the cell format menu(Format cell ->custom and # ##0,00\ "AUD"). If I use the FIND or SEARCH tools, they won't find the text AUD because it is not typed in to the cell in a "regular" way. So I'm asking if someone knows how to make a reference to the "AUD" part of the cell format code, so that I could sort those currencies. If someone knows some way to do this sortin...

change of cell coor by software
I want change the color of a row when the date changes to next month by software select all the rows from 2 onwards till the end of your data, go to format, conditional formaating. Sleect "Formula Is", and enter the following formula in the box: =month(A2)<>month(A1) and click format, patterns tab, and select a color. Assumption. The dates are in column A Mangesh "rajanku" <rajanku@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:145C7BB1-06BD-4C95-8613-AB4DDC219702@microsoft.com... > I want change the color of a row when the date changes to next month...

Insert text in Cell A1 based on keyword criteria
I want to populate cell A1 with specific text (the word "Active") whenever the word "Yes" is found in cells A2:A20. Whenever the word "Yes" is not found in cells A2:A20 I want to leave cell A1 blank. <twlove@ontuet.com> wrote in message news:1150210856.375367.146410@c74g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >I want to populate cell A1 with specific text (the word "Active") > whenever the word "Yes" is found in cells A2:A20. Whenever the word > "Yes" is not found in cells A2:A20 I want to leave cell A1 blank. =IF(COUNTIF(A2:...

How to run an event upon changing the value of a specific cell?
I want to run an event or a mcaro only when a certain cell is changed. i.e., if the cell A1 value is changed, then do such and such ... Right click on your sheet tab, view code. Paste this in and modify to suit: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Intersect(Target, Range("A1")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub 'Do something here End Sub -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "Wael Fathy" wrote: > I want to run an event or a mcaro only when a certain cell is changed. > i.e., if ...

Q: Referencing named cells in external worksheet ?
Using Excel 2002. I have a workbook with 12 worksheets (one for every month of the year), wherein a lot of the information is looked-up (using VLOOKUP) in simples arrays. I saw no point in implementing the arrays as a 13th worksheet, because I will have a yearly version of my monthly worksheets in one workbook (so one for 2003, 2004, etc). If I change the array(s), I want them to be reflected in all referencing cells. Problem: If my workbook containing my arrays (called "Global") is loaded, I have no problem and the references to it read as: (blabla) 'Global.xls'!Roster ...

How to calculate age of a person?

Preventing Blank based on another Cell
I would like to validate data but cant quite get the formula right. I have a cell (say F7) that cannot be blank if (say E7) another cell equals a text value (say "S"). Anyone have an idea? I am stumped at this seemingly easy task. I forgot to add the valid combinations: E7 = P and F7 = Entry: OK E7 = P and F7 = Blank: OK E7 = S and F7 = Entry: OK E7 = S and F7 = Blank: INVALID bluegrassstateworker wrote: > I would like to validate data but cant quite get the formula right. I > have a cell (say F7) that cannot be blank if (say E7) another cell > equals a text value (sa...

Due Date Calculated

How to define blank cell?
If condition does not meet, then nothing in cell, which I use "" to define blank cell, however, some plug-in for Excel cannot recognize "" as a blank cell. Does anyone have any suggestions on another approach to define blank within formula? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric I don't think there is some universal way short of 'Clear contents' - and I hope you don't consider it as an option :-) Really, when you have a formula in cell, it never is empty - whatever the formula returns, there is the formula itself too! Arvi Laanem...

how to calculate outliers

A different approach
We're trying to create a word document into which MS CRM would merge 3 different contacts at the same account onto a single sheet - think of a quote where these is a Bill to Person, Ship to Person and a Sold to Person. Kevin On May 11, 1:04=A0am, Kevin Chieff <trashchi...@trashsoftskills.com> wrote: > We're trying to create a word document into which MS CRM would merge 3 > different contacts at the same account onto a single sheet - think of > a quote where these is a Bill to Person, Ship to Person and a Sold to > Person. > > Kevin It's called a directory...

restrict view of certain cells in excel
I am trying to restrict access to some users in excel. I am trying to make it so those that do not have the password can view the sheet "read only" but cannot view certain cells. Those that do have the password can view all cells. Perhaps save as 2 Workspaces? http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/save-as-workspace.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Firemann25" <Firemann25@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA92F134-6CDD-438A-85A8-473AC0F4D57B@microsoft.com... >I am trying to restrict access to some users in excel. I am tryi...

Limit choices in one cell dependent based on choice in other cell
Does anybody know if and how to limit the choices in one cell (from a list) based on the choice (from a list) in another cell? For example, if (from a list) they pick "Customer Communication" in say column M, they would only get the choice of three issues (instead of the entire list) in column N. Thanks! Mahaas Debra Dalgleish shows how to use dependent lists with data|validation here: http://contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html michelle.haas@xerox.com wrote: > > Does anybody know if and how to limit the choices in one cell (from a > list) based on the choice (from a list) ...

Evaluate VLOOKUP in cells in column
Using Excel2003, I have copyied and modified the following code which essentially should fill the value of VLOOKUP(E2,AgeGroup,2) in cells F2:F64500 but I just Cannot seem to get it right. Would really appreciate assistance. Have no VBA knowledge. Sub AgeGroup() Dim i As Long Dim j As Long Application.Goto Reference:="R2C6" For j = 6 To 6 Step 1 For i = 2 To 64501 Step 1 Cells(i, j).Resize(1).FormulaR1C1 = _ Evaluate("VLOOKUP(RC[-1],AgeGroup,2)") Next i Next j End Sub Thank you -- Robert Try along the lines of Range(Cells(1, 1),Cel...

Outlook 2003 Error #3
When i click new message it comes up withthis error message: Cannot create the e-mail message because a data file to send and receive messages could not be found. To add a data file, such as a personal folder file, double-click the Mail icon in Windows Control Panel. What do i do to fix this? Thanx ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ If your using Outlook 2003 for home use it sounds like it needs a PST folder to store your e-mails. Here is how you do t...

automatic total of selected cells
Usually if I select a column or row of cells, I can see the total at the bottom of the worksheet - this seems to have disappeared. How do I get it back? I know this is dead simple, but I can't find the answer in help. The area is called the Status Bar. Right-click the Bar and select the desired function to appear there. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200826 "MarlboroughT&C" wrote: > Usually if I select a column or row of cells, I can see the total at the > bottom of the worksheet - this seems to have disappeared. How do I get it > back? I know this is de...

Calculated field options???

tenure calculations

Time Sheet Function to Calculate

Formula to calculate time