How to add a Date

If I have 11/2/08 in A1, what formula would I put into A10 to get
12/2/08, etc?

Thanks
0
jimx22 (226)
10/29/2008 4:02:53 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Try this:

=3DA1 + 1

format the cell as a date. I assume your dates are in dd/m/yy format.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 29, 4:02=A0pm, JimS <jim...@msn.com> wrote:
> If I have 11/2/08 in A1, what formula would I put into A10 to get
> 12/2/08, etc?
>
> Thanks

0
pashurst (2576)
10/29/2008 4:14:47 PM
One way

=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,DAY(A1))

Of course if you have 01/31/09 in A1 then you will get
a date in March

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"JimS" <jimx22@msn.com> wrote in message
> If I have 11/2/08 in A1, what formula would I put into A10 to get
> 12/2/08, etc?
>
> Thanks

0
peo.sjoblom (169)
10/29/2008 4:20:51 PM
That did the trick.  Thanks

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 09:20:51 -0700, "Peo Sjoblom"
<peo.sjoblom@mvps.org> wrote:

>=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,DAY(A1))

0
jimx22 (226)
--------------060504070109000509000308

You're assuming the European way of writing dates. The OP wasn't clear.
The answer could also be A1 + 31, or A1+30.

Craig

Pete_UK wrote:

>Try this:
>
>=A1 + 1
>
>format the cell as a date. I assume your dates are in dd/m/yy format.
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>Pete
>
>On Oct 29, 4:02 pm, JimS <jim...@msn.com> wrote:
>

>>If I have 11/2/08 in A1, what formula would I put into A10 to get
>>12/2/08, etc?
>>
>>Thanks

--------------060504070109000509000308

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
You're assuming the European way of writing dates. The OP wasn't clear.
The answer could also be A1 + 31, or A1+30.<br>
Craig<br>
Pete_UK wrote:
 cite="mid67344003-4771-4019-9738-a49846caa050@e2g2000hsh.googlegroups.com"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">Try this:

=A1 + 1

format the cell as a date. I assume your dates are in dd/m/yy format.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 29, 4:02&nbsp;pm, JimS <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:jim...@msn.com">&lt;jim...@msn.com&gt;</a> wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">If I have 11/2/08 in A1, what formula would I put into A10 to get
12/2/08, etc?

Thanks
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
  </pre>

--------------060504070109000509000308--
0
cschiller1 (102)
10/29/2008 7:21:56 PM
There is no European way of writing dates, Pete assumed it was UK.

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Craig Schiller" <cschiller1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> You're assuming the European way of writing dates. The OP wasn't clear.
> The answer could also be A1 + 31, or A1+30.
>
> Craig
>
> Pete_UK wrote:
>
>>Try this:
>>
>>=A1 + 1
>>
>>format the cell as a date. I assume your dates are in dd/m/yy format.
>>
>>Hope this helps.
>>
>>Pete
>>
>>On Oct 29, 4:02 pm, JimS <jim...@msn.com> wrote:
>>

>>>If I have 11/2/08 in A1, what formula would I put into A10 to get
>>>12/2/08, etc?
>>>
>>>Thanks

0
peo.sjoblom (169)
10/29/2008 7:49:49 PM
A1+31 or A1+30 doesn't account for February which is 28 or 29 days.  To add
one month:

=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,DAY(A1))

--
Steve

Pete_UK wrote:
Try this:

=A1 + 1

format the cell as a date. I assume your dates are in dd/m/yy format.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 29, 4:02 pm, JimS <jim...@msn.com> wrote:

If I have 11/2/08 in A1, what formula would I put into A10 to get
12/2/08, etc?

Thanks

0
AltaEgo
10/29/2008 9:07:58 PM
Hi,

Maybe a little easier:

=EDATE(A1,1)

EDATE is an analysis toolpak function so it must be attached - Tools,
Add-ins, and check Analysis ToolPak.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"JimS" wrote:

> That did the trick.  Thanks
>
> On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 09:20:51 -0700, "Peo Sjoblom"
> <peo.sjoblom@mvps.org> wrote:
>
> >=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,DAY(A1))

log file of email open time/date
Hi, I needed to know if there is a way to keep a log file or to view information about when the emails I receive are opened. I probably needed information like date and time. I am the person opening the emails but I needed to show someone when I opened them. Emails are coming from various different people using different email software, so it can't be tracked from their end. I have Outlook 2000, but might need to use it in different versions of Outlook. so if you know of a feature that I can use, can you also tell me if it's available for different versions? thanks a lot. I apprec...

count records in a date range
I have a worksheet in which I am trying to count the number of records in a date range. For example, the Submit_Date column contains the following dates/times (cells a1:a5): 12/17/2005 12:00:54 PM 12/16/2005 1:00:54 PM 12/17/2005 9:00:13 PM 12/10/2005 7:54:16 AM 12/17/2005 10:04:11 AM I would like to count the number of records with a Submit_Date between 12/1/2005 12:00:00 PM and 12/31/2005 11:59:59 PM. Any suggestions? -- Jim -- Jim You can use SUMPRODUCT =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100>=B1)*(A1:A100<=B2)) A1:A100 ....date range B1 start date B2 end date HTH JG "jiml"...

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

Excel Add Ins

Dates in Excel #6
In natural history, including museum records, it is commonplace to use a date with lower case letters for the month, e.g. 19.x.2004 = 19th October 2004 or 01.iii.1999 = 1st March 1999. It would help users if this format were added as a standard and could be converted. For what it is worth... If you add dates as text by preceeding the entry with a ' , for example, '19/11/2004 and then apply the following formula =LEFT(A8,2)&"."&LOWER((ROMAN(MONTH(A8)))&"."&RIGHT(A8,4)) you will get 19.xi.2004 as the output. Does this help? Possibly I could m...

Add on

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Format text to add character

Chart axis custom date format
Dear all! Excel 2003, charting. On Y axis I have scale from 0 to 7, and when I go to "format axis- number-custom" I can input formula "[Blue][<4]#.###,0;[Red][>4]#.###, 0;#.###,0" which colors the scale as I would like. On X axis I have dates (1.jan.06, 1.feb.06, 1.mar.06....1.jun.08). Is it possible to write similar formula as above on x axis - for instance if date is less than 1.jan.07 then color it red, if less than 1.jan 08 than color it blue? This would allow to have on X axis only date format "mmm" and the colors would help differentiate between yea...

Add File menu to custom toolbar

Why does this not work (selecting a date) ?
SELECT CDate((Month(RecordDate) & '/' & Day(RecordDate) & '/' & Year(RecordDate)) AS RecDate This converts 8/31/2007 to 8/1/2007 Works fine for me with 2003 SP2. You omitted a closing parenthesis. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "mscertified" wrote: > SELECT CDate((Month(RecordDate) & '/' & Day(RecordDate) & '/' & > Year(RecordDate)) AS RecDate > > This converts 8/31/2007 to 8/1/2007 Where is the missing parentheses? I count 4 opening and 4 closing??? "KARL DEWEY" wrote: >...

add a DC in a LegSite

Get Start date of Week number and Year
I’d like to build the following expression in my query GetStartWeekNumber(DatePart("ww",[EnteredDate]), Year([EnteredDate])) So if EnteredDate = 11/3/2009 the function would return 11/1/2009 But GetStartWeekNumber does not exist as an Access Built-In Function. Is there another way to do this as an expression in a query? I’m not familiar with creating my own functions. Thanks. That would depend on how you define the start of the week... One option would be to get the day-of-week number of the date (in my system/setup, Monday is day 2), then subtract one less than that...

excel add-ons

Creating a new list with Last Order Date
I do have a customer transaction history. I would like to get the latest order date with amount in to another sheet instead of all the orders under same account number and bring the rest of the corresponding info to the other columns. Such as bill to information for my new sales rep. Can someone help me? Thanks Vedat A2=Customer Number B2=Order numbers C2=Order dates D2=Order Amounts D3=Bill to Name etc. A2 B2 C2 D2 CA123 1234 10/11/06 $500 CA123 2345 09/10/06 $200 CA123...

Map Add-On?

Count No. of times Dates are repeated
Hi, I have a database where in dates are repeated in column D and names in column I. I want a formula in a different worksheet of the same file wherein I get the count of dates column along with the individual name. The intention is to get number of days each individual is present. The same dates could be repeated any number of times for the same individual. Example for the month of Dec. 2005 Dates Names 20 AD 15 BC 08 GH........etc Cheers, Mandeep Dhami Have you considered a Pivot Table? Data>Pivot Table Use Excel Select your data Click the [Layout] button ROW...

Add ContractLine Entity in Menu
Hi, Is it possible to add a shortcut in the Service Menu to the ContractLine Entity? I really appreciate if someone could help. Regards, Alcides ...

Calculating days and dates
I need to calculate the number of working days (ie Monday to Friday) from the date entered in cell D4 (22/07/2005). This needs to update each day in cell E4. I can do this not based on working days, by entering =DATEDIF(D4,TODAY(),"d") but where in the formula do I reference it to working days or network days? HELP! -- HDV ------------------------------------------------------------------------ HDV's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26299 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=395788 You can use the ...