How old are you?

I'm trying to work out the age of someone, based on the current date an
their date of birth. I've used the YEAR [Year(A1)-Year(B1)] function bu
it rounds up?

Can anyone help?

Thank

--
tee
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
teeb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1317
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=51062

0
2/9/2006 4:07:42 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

14 Replies
916 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 39

Hi teeb

With the date of birth in B2

Completed years
=IF(B2<=TODAY(),DATEDIF(B2,TODAY(),"Y"),-DATEDIF(TODAY(),B2,"Y"))

See also
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm#Age


-- 
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl


"teeb" <teeb.22yzam_1139501401.9984@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message 
news:teeb.22yzam_1139501401.9984@excelforum-nospam.com...
>
> I'm trying to work out the age of someone, based on the current date and
> their date of birth. I've used the YEAR [Year(A1)-Year(B1)] function but
> it rounds up?
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks
>
>
> -- 
> teeb
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> teeb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=13172
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=510626
> 


0
rondebruin (3789)
2/9/2006 4:39:46 PM
Try DATEDIF:


=DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"y") & " years, " & DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"ym") & " months, " & 
DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"md") & " days"


if the date of birth is in A1
-- 
Gary''s Student


"teeb" wrote:

> 
> I'm trying to work out the age of someone, based on the current date and
> their date of birth. I've used the YEAR [Year(A1)-Year(B1)] function but
> it rounds up?
> 
> Can anyone help?
> 
> Thanks
> 
> 
> -- 
> teeb
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> teeb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=13172
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=510626
> 
> 
0
GarysStudent (1572)
2/9/2006 4:41:37 PM
Chip Pearson can:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm

teeb wrote:
> 
> I'm trying to work out the age of someone, based on the current date and
> their date of birth. I've used the YEAR [Year(A1)-Year(B1)] function but
> it rounds up?
> 
> Can anyone help?
> 
> Thanks
> 
> --
> teeb
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> teeb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=13172
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=510626

-- 

Dave Peterson
0
petersod (12004)
2/9/2006 4:42:04 PM
Try this, it uses functions that are documented.

=YEAR(TODAY()-A1)-1900

0
edessary (8)
2/9/2006 4:57:24 PM
Try this one[with Birth Date on A1]

=(NOW()-A1+1)/365.25

(365.25 because of leap-years)

"teeb" <teeb.22yzam_1139501401.9984@excelforum-nospam.com> escribi� en el 
mensaje news:teeb.22yzam_1139501401.9984@excelforum-nospam.com...
>
> I'm trying to work out the age of someone, based on the current date and
> their date of birth. I've used the YEAR [Year(A1)-Year(B1)] function but
> it rounds up?
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks
>
>
> -- 
> teeb
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> teeb's Profile: 
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=13172
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=510626
> 


0
m21477 (12)
2/10/2006 1:56:30 PM
Hi Roberto,
what's that,  an attempt at precision, without accuracy?
Look at the replies involving DATEDIF.     Please don't post incorrect
answers,  people are very particular about birthdates.

"Hernandez, Roberto" <m21477@ustccax.kcc.com> wrote ...
> Try this one[with Birth Date on A1]
>      =(NOW()-A1+1)/365.25


0
2/21/2006 1:29:08 PM
The original formula was incorrect so this is also incorrect,
see the replies involving DATEDIF  for a correct answers.
You might want to test your answers.




0
2/21/2006 1:52:54 PM
Hi,
I�d like to ask: what's incorrect in my answer?
I use this formula very often to calculate employees payments that are 
directly related to their hiring date.
Of course  I know DATEDIF function, but in this case I need age in decimal 
format.
And of course I do not think I'm giving 'incorrect' posts: We all try to 
cooperate, I supose.
Kind Regards.


"David McRitchie" <dmcritchie_xlmvp@verizon.net> escribi� en el mensaje 
news:euh7rsuNGHA.3908@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hi Roberto,
> what's that,  an attempt at precision, without accuracy?
> Look at the replies involving DATEDIF.     Please don't post incorrect
> answers,  people are very particular about birthdates.
>
> "Hernandez, Roberto" <m21477@ustccax.kcc.com> wrote ...
>> Try this one[with Birth Date on A1]
>>      =(NOW()-A1+1)/365.25
>
> 


0
m21477 (12)
2/21/2006 6:02:52 PM
There are several things wrong with your answer.
The poster did not ask for decimal fractions of age, you only have an approximation.
The function   NOW()  includes both a date and time component.
There are not  365.25  days in a year, there are leap years, ages aren't based on averages.
You did not test your answer, people are very particular about birthdays.


1990-04-01  2006-03-31  16.000 <-- incorrect,  s/b 15.000
1990-04-01  2006-04-01  16.003 <-- 16th birthday,  s/b 16.000
1990-04-01  2006-04-02  16.005 <-- incorrect
1991-04-01  2006-03-31  15.001 <-- incorrect
1991-04-01  2006-04-01  15.003 <-- 15th birthday, s/b 15.000
1991-04-01  2006-04-02  15.006 <-- incorrect
1992-04-01  2006-03-31  13.999 <-- incorrect
1992-04-01  2006-04-01  14.001 <-- 14th birthday , s/b 14.000
1992-04-01  2006-04-02  14.004 <-- incorrect
1993-03-31  2006-03-31  13.002 <-- incorrect
1993-04-01  2006-04-01  13.002 <-- 13th birthday,  s/b 13.000
1993-04-02  2006-04-02  13.002 <-- incorrect
1990-04-01  2006-10-01  16.504 <-- incorrect

---
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel    [site changed  Nov. 2001]
My Excel Pages:  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm
Search Page:        http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm

"Hernandez, Roberto" <m21477@ustccax.kcc.com> wrote in message news:11vmleh316lvsea@corp.supernews.com...
> Hi,
> I�d like to ask: what's incorrect in my answer?
> I use this formula very often to calculate employees payments that are
> directly related to their hiring date.
> Of course  I know DATEDIF function, but in this case I need age in decimal
> format.
> And of course I do not think I'm giving 'incorrect' posts: We all try to
> cooperate, I supose.
> Kind Regards.
>
>
> "David McRitchie" <dmcritchie_xlmvp@verizon.net> escribi� en el mensaje
> news:euh7rsuNGHA.3908@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > Hi Roberto,
> > what's that,  an attempt at precision, without accuracy?
> > Look at the replies involving DATEDIF.     Please don't post incorrect
> > answers,  people are very particular about birthdates.
> >
> > "Hernandez, Roberto" <m21477@ustccax.kcc.com> wrote ...
> >> Try this one[with Birth Date on A1]
> >>      =(NOW()-A1+1)/365.25
> >
> >
>
>


0
2/21/2006 7:58:40 PM
Ok.
No doubt.
From now on, I'll only take, and won�t try to give in this forum.
I suposed diversity in suggestions will give a wider panorama to the poster.
But as i could see, I am in diapers [it�s a modism, here in MX]

Kind regards, Most Very Perfect David

"David McRitchie" <dmcritchie_xlmvp@verizon.net> escribi� en el mensaje 
news:O0mpZGyNGHA.2696@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> There are several things wrong with your answer.
> The poster did not ask for decimal fractions of age, you only have an 
> approximation.
> The function   NOW()  includes both a date and time component.
> There are not  365.25  days in a year, there are leap years, ages aren't 
> based on averages.
> You did not test your answer, people are very particular about birthdays.
>
>
> 1990-04-01  2006-03-31  16.000 <-- incorrect,  s/b 15.000
> 1990-04-01  2006-04-01  16.003 <-- 16th birthday,  s/b 16.000
> 1990-04-01  2006-04-02  16.005 <-- incorrect
> 1991-04-01  2006-03-31  15.001 <-- incorrect
> 1991-04-01  2006-04-01  15.003 <-- 15th birthday, s/b 15.000
> 1991-04-01  2006-04-02  15.006 <-- incorrect
> 1992-04-01  2006-03-31  13.999 <-- incorrect
> 1992-04-01  2006-04-01  14.001 <-- 14th birthday , s/b 14.000
> 1992-04-01  2006-04-02  14.004 <-- incorrect
> 1993-03-31  2006-03-31  13.002 <-- incorrect
> 1993-04-01  2006-04-01  13.002 <-- 13th birthday,  s/b 13.000
> 1993-04-02  2006-04-02  13.002 <-- incorrect
> 1990-04-01  2006-10-01  16.504 <-- incorrect
>
> ---
> HTH,
> David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel    [site changed  Nov. 2001]
> My Excel Pages:  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm
> Search Page:        http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm
>
> "Hernandez, Roberto" <m21477@ustccax.kcc.com> wrote in message 
> news:11vmleh316lvsea@corp.supernews.com...
>> Hi,
>> I�d like to ask: what's incorrect in my answer?
>> I use this formula very often to calculate employees payments that are
>> directly related to their hiring date.
>> Of course  I know DATEDIF function, but in this case I need age in 
>> decimal
>> format.
>> And of course I do not think I'm giving 'incorrect' posts: We all try to
>> cooperate, I supose.
>> Kind Regards.
>>
>>
>> "David McRitchie" <dmcritchie_xlmvp@verizon.net> escribi� en el mensaje
>> news:euh7rsuNGHA.3908@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> > Hi Roberto,
>> > what's that,  an attempt at precision, without accuracy?
>> > Look at the replies involving DATEDIF.     Please don't post incorrect
>> > answers,  people are very particular about birthdates.
>> >
>> > "Hernandez, Roberto" <m21477@ustccax.kcc.com> wrote ...
>> >> Try this one[with Birth Date on A1]
>> >>      =(NOW()-A1+1)/365.25
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>
> 


0
m21477 (12)
2/22/2006 12:30:08 AM
Hi Roberto,

So you think that you should not be told that an answer is incorrect,
and that the person who is asking the question should not be warned,
and the people who read archived postings  should not be warned.

Much of learning is from improving on previous solutions and
mistakes.   While you can learn a lot by making lots of mistakes and
correcting them,  you will not always recognize your own mistakes, and
it is also helpful and faster to learn from interaction
with others so that you don't make the same mistakes in the future.

To me I'd be more concerned with applying something incorrectly
over several years at work than by learning that is incorrect in a
newsgroup,  or that even if correct would be the wrong answer for
the poster  looking for an age (no fractions).

---
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel    [site changed  Nov. 2001]
My Excel Pages:  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm
Search Page:        http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm

"Hernandez, Roberto" <m21477@ustccax.kcc.com> wrote in message news:11vnc49i0bh7hee@corp.supernews.com...
> Ok.
> No doubt.
> From now on, I'll only take, and won�t try to give in this forum.
> I suposed diversity in suggestions will give a wider panorama to the poster.
> But as i could see, I am in diapers [it�s a modism, here in MX]
>
> Kind regards, Most Very Perfect David


0
2/22/2006 2:29:43 PM
Hey, you guys are in the wrong forum - you need www.attitudeforum.com


-- 
Big Chris

Very experienced with excel in general and formulae but just started to
learn VBA....and it's hard!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Big Chris's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1350
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=510626

0
2/22/2006 5:45:26 PM
Thnx Big Chris,
Sorry, maybe it was just the way I was pointed out.
I apologize by my comments.

"Big Chris" <Big.Chris.23n6lf_1140630650.8511@excelforum-nospam.com> 
escribi� en el mensaje 
news:Big.Chris.23n6lf_1140630650.8511@excelforum-nospam.com...
>
> Hey, you guys are in the wrong forum - you need www.attitudeforum.com
>
>
> -- 
> Big Chris
>
> Very experienced with excel in general and formulae but just started to
> learn VBA....and it's hard!!
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Big Chris's Profile: 
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1350
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=510626
> 


0
m21477 (12)
2/23/2006 5:13:00 PM
I don't know about the rest of you but this post sounds like it is an
assignment from a beginning programming class. You trying to get others
to do your school work?


-- 
bigfatdummy
------------------------------------------------------------------------
bigfatdummy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31876
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=510626

0
2/24/2006 12:25:17 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Files in folder Windows.old in Vista
I have installed Ultimate on a Business version and then received the Windows.old folder. I want to delete it but have found same working files in old path than in the new. It appears that Windows updates the working files in both folders. Are they mirrored or copies. I changed the name of one file in old - corresponding file in the new folder received the same name. If I delete files from Windows.old will they be deleted from current folder too? "HBj" <HBj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12D90C20-D766-48D2-AA9C-D0FF7097DEBA@microsoft.com... ...

office 2007 and old office 2003 excel files
I have a desktop pc with Office 2003 and Vista Home premium system. I am getting a new laptop and am purchasing office 2007 home student to install on it. With the laptop I can access shared files from the desktop. However, all my old files were generated by office 2003. Will the office 2007 be able to access and process these old files? Also, can I uninstall office 2003 from my desktop and install the office 2007 on it and use the old files created by office 2003? Thanks. Carl Yes, Excel 2007 can read 2003 files... You can either convert them to the new version by savi...

Retrieving/opening Outlook express emails from old drive
Hi all, I recently needed to replace the hard drive in my notebook. The old drive is still operational, so I can now using it as an external hard disc. How can I open to read / and save or import all the email folders in Outlook express from this older disc? I'd like to save all those messages to a backup/archive. Thanks, Shayne. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Out...

Opening docs from old versions
In attempting to open a doc created in an ancient version of Word (for Windows, not DOS), I get this message: "You are attempting to open a file that was created in an earlier version of Microsoft Office. This file type is blocked from opening by your registry policy setting." What is the registry setting I must change to override this and allow the opening? Thanks. -TedMi Hi Ted, I'm pretty sure this is the KB article you need: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938810 There are both downloadable reg files and instructions for manual editing...

old posts
How can I find a post I made yesterday? Hi, when you open this post, click on your name, it will pop up a window with your information, at the to right click on Recent posts by this user if this helps please click yes, thanks "Eric" wrote: > How can I find a post I made yesterday? I'd use google. Give it enough information (keywords/author/subject): http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*Excel*&num=100 Ron de Bruin has an excel addin that you may like: http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm Eric wrote:...

Changed a pers folder to "Old Stuff" now can't close/del "Old Stu.
When I installed Outlook I ended up with three "Personal Folders" folders. I was able to delete one of them by changing the name and right clicking on the new name. I changed the name of the 2nd and when I tried to delete it I got the message: "The operation failed. An object could not be found." Has anyone had this problem and if so, did they find a solution? What version of Outlook? Try creating a new mail profile - it sounds like yours is corrupt. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert l...

Outlook gets OLD messages again....
How does this happen? I've got messages coming in from April that I had deleted. May be your provider restored a backup? -- EDV-Service Marchert [Peter Marchert] --------------------------------------- Homepage: http://www.marchert.de Rufnummernformatierung mit EditNumbers Kontakte per Mausklick mit ContactMaker smerf schrieb: > How does this happen? I've got messages coming in from April that I had > deleted. It's 1and1.com.....the girl that answered couldn't do anything but request a sample email from me and promise a call later. This has happened...

How old are you?
I'm trying to work out the age of someone, based on the current date an their date of birth. I've used the YEAR [Year(A1)-Year(B1)] function bu it rounds up? Can anyone help? Thank -- tee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- teeb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1317 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=51062 Hi teeb With the date of birth in B2 Completed years =IF(B2<=TODAY(),DATEDIF(B2,TODAY(),"Y"),-DATEDIF(TODAY(),B2,"Y")) See also http://www...

how can I get old replaced excel file
I have one A file, suddenly I have go to sav as option & select file B to replace with A I said yes, but my mistake I said yes. Please see how can I get that old A file from back date ? Use the backup copy. If you didn't create a backup last time, make sure that you do next time. In your "Save As" dialogue, "General Options" comes from the Tools option (in Excel 2007). If you didn't create a backup copy yourself, then you are out of luck unless your system (or your IT department if you have one) has created a backup, or unless you sent a cop...

How do I view old appointmens in my calendar.
I'm trying to view old appointments in my calendar but it only shows activity for the past 10 months. How can I see what I did a year ago or more? Are you using autoarchive to clean up the old appointments? If so, you need to open the archive. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LS...

word keeps changing old date to current date on old documents
I have word documents from weeks ago and when I go back into them the date automatically changes and I no longer know the original date that they were typed. Any help? Press Alt+F9 to display the field code. Edit DATE to read CREATEDATE. Press Alt+F9 again to toggle back and F9 to update. Better yet, change the field in the template on which the documents are based. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "BrittRox" <BrittRox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9770213-7D10-4C3...

Updating my old Comp.
Hello, I have an old computer, a VPR Matrix 180R, and i want to rip its guts out and put new hardware in. The only problem is i have literally no idea where to begin. I want to get a new motherboard but i dont know what is compatable with this system. My current motherboard specs are; Manufacturer:Intel Corp. Model:D845EBT Version:AAA92334-304 NorthBridge: Intel i845E Rivision E0 CPU: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 1.80 GHz CPU Socket: 478mPGA 5 pci 1 agp slot I want to buy a new motherboard and then a new processor, as well as ram and if i have to a hard drive and a PCI-E gra...

how to get software from old PC to new PC
I have a very old PC running Windows XP and an old version of Office Small Business 2002. Currently I have upgrated to Office Standard 2007. I want to by a new PC running Windows 7 64-bit. I have the original set up disks for Office Small Business 2002 and a couple of upgrade disks. Can I take the disks I have and apply them to the new computer? Sure you can but you might want to run the Win7 upgrade advisor first and verify the Office 2002 is even compatible with Widows 7. "JTC" <JTC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:834AB8BF-26F9-4D73-B74...

Old Money
Hi Im sorry to bother you guys but I have a question re "money". It seems that my "cash acccount" is not included in the overall picture, the balance of this account is not reflected on the "home" page. When I go to "Review your current budget status" page it says I have no income (wages & salary) at all when there clearly is income going into the cash account. The figures relating to the cash account dont seem to influence any totals. Sorry this is a bit hard to understand but its difficult to explain. Hope you can help me. Moose. ...

Old emails previously filed into subfolders going to Junk Email
We're on Exchange 2007, and most of the clients run Windows XP with Office 2003. So far this has been running fine. Though recently we've updated some of the clients to Office 2007, these clients are now finding that sometimes emails they've previously open, then filed into subfolders, now appear in their Junk email folder. Also if you right click these emails and mark as not junk, it actually asks if you wish to move back into the specific subfolder it should be in (not the inbox). I've googled and I wasn't able to find any other cases of this, so I'd ...

NEW OUTLOOK DID TRANSFER OLD MESSAGES FROM MSOFFICE 97
I just installed MSOFFICEPRO 2003. It transferred my CONTACTS AND CALENDAR but didn't pick up my old mail. I have an unusual situation as I'm getting mail from the LOS ANGELES FREE NET but outgoing is SBC global. Any suggestions on how to fix this? NORM (au187@lafn.org) So, you were coming from OL97, correct? If so, how many PST files do you have on your system? "NORM" <NORM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E544DC71-977A-4C35-AB7B-66198A173FC9@microsoft.com... >I just installed MSOFFICEPRO 2003. > > It transferred my CONTACTS AND CAL...

How do I remove old, old, old stock prices from investment summary on page 1??
I have sold a mutual fund over 2 years ago and I noticed that its latest price still shows up on page one under the Investment Summary section. Does anyone know how I can get this mutual fund price off of this list?? I sold all of its shares and the mutual fund account has a $0.00 value, yet the fund price still shows on page one. Thanks for any help you can pass on. Lewis http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=98 might do it. I'm not sure which page 1 is, but this mechanism might do so. Take a file backup before you start if in any doubt. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http:...

Old question:about CHtmlEditCtrl
Does anybody have an example of CHtmlEditCtrl as a control member variable of a dialog or formview? The only sample I have found is basically the project generated by wizard with CHtmlEditView as a view class. Thanks. I would use CHtmlEditView in your dialog. CHtmlEditCtrl seem to have problems. The first problem is that ~CHtmlEditCtrl is defined as protected. So you will have to inherite a class from CHtmlEditCtrl in order to use it. Next problem is that even when you do that you still get a link error about the destructor. Good luck AliR. "goodidea" <qycx123@gmail.co...

Excel 2007 -- I want my old 2003 colors back!
Is there a switch to turn on the old colors in 2007? I hate the pastel shades and don't want to hand map the entire theme. Please let me know. RD I also want my old colors back. Not only do I like them, but it's causing a lot of compatibility issues between Excel 2007 & lower versions of Excel. Some of the colors are the same from what I can gather, but I noticed that green in particular is not the same and tends to cause me the most problems. -- § DAVEY § "RD" wrote: > Is there a switch to turn on the old colors in 2007? I hate the pastel >...

Old Email keeps coming in as new????
old email that i recieved in may/june keeps showing up in my inbox in outlook 2003. It is a POP account that is set to delete email from server. I check my ISP and there is no email then randomly i do a send and recieve and BANG! 49 old emails show up.... Any ideas Thanks ...

Demoting old DC
I have a Secondary/Backup DC (, Primary Died, computer crashed, it wont be turned on again) which I promoted to primary (didnt sieze schema master role) and then merged users and computer to a new dc with a different domain name, used ADMT and now all computers are on the new domain . I wont to get rid of the old DC by demoting it or can i just remove the trust between the new and old domain and formatt the old DC? If not do i have to seize all of the FSMO roles before demoting it ? Any other tips what has to be done? Below are a couple articles on demoting ...

UK stuck with old version
This is most probably a pointless question, but here goes. I wondered why that in the UK the latest version is money 2005, where as if you live in the USA you can get money 2007. Is there many new things in money 2007 that are not in money 2005? NIK -- Remove nospam for personal reply if responding via newsgroup. I guess that the cost of converting M2007 to work for the UK was a lot greater than any potential sales! :-( See http://money.mvps.org/product/US/2007/Default.aspx for a list of M2007 features. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http:/...

Remove an old BDC
I use to have two DC's but one eventually bit the dust. We decided not to replace the down PC. What is the best way to remove the old DC from AD. I see several errors in Event Viewer regarding replication among other things regarding the old DC. The DC in a Win2003. Hello DaveH, If the DC never comes back follow this way, also make sure the existing one is also DNS server for the domain machines: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555846/en-us Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

when I rename outcmd.dat to .old, do I type outcmd.old or just rename to .old
I was given these directions and I am just clarifying: Close Outlook. Find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. (If using Windows 2000 or XP, you will need to enable searching hidden and system folders.) Once you have done so, reopen Outlook and it should open fine. You will need to rebuild any custom toolbars or customizations as the file outcmd.dat controls how the toolbars display. When it becomes corrupted, it will cause Outlook to hang because it cannot create the toolbars that you expect. bob <bob@donotspam> wrote: > I was given these directions and I am just clarifying: >...

Revert to old version of a file?
I clicked Save instead of Save as, can I get back the old version Might be lucky and find it in the temp folder. Type %temp% in the address bar in Windows Explorer. Find files with the prefix "pub", change the .tmp to .pub. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Eva C" <Eva C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BBAF6D05-A218-4328-BD1D-06EAECA935B4@microsoft.com... >I clicked Save instead of Save as, can I get back the old version ...