how may I copy color of a other cell

Hello,
I  need a function that copy also the full format/color/size of a cell
Example
A1 = USD 12'500.00 (monetary size, 12 fat, blue bottom)
A2 = mon 12.03.2004 (dates, 10 not fat, white bottom)
If in A3 I type: =" A1 " I would like a blue bottom, 12 fat, etc. and
If I type =" A2 " a white bottom, 10 not fat, etc....
Is it possible?
Thank you for any help.

0
pasdespam (3)
9/30/2004 9:56:05 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Thierry,

Maybe you can use the Format Painter.  Select the cell that has the
formatting you wish to copy, and click the Format Painter.  It's a
paintbrush on a button on the Standard toolbar.  Now click the cell that's
to be formatted, and the formatting is copied.  If you double-click the
painter, you can click many cells, applying formatting.  Then turn it back
off by either clicking it again, or pressing Esc.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"Thierry" <pasdespam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I  need a function that copy also the full format/color/size of a cell
> Example
> A1 = USD 12'500.00 (monetary size, 12 fat, blue bottom)
> A2 = mon 12.03.2004 (dates, 10 not fat, white bottom)
> If in A3 I type: =" A1 " I would like a blue bottom, 12 fat, etc. and
> If I type =" A2 " a white bottom, 10 not fat, etc....
> Is it possible?
> Thank you for any help.

0
nothanks4548 (968)

Copying cells into one sheet
Is it possible to copy information from two different worksheets (same workbook) into one worksheet that have different column widths? If you do a regular cut & paste it coverts the table of info to correspond with the column widths in the destination worksheet. Would one to an Insert to Object? Thanks! You might be able to use merge cells to give the look of different column widths. But merged cells are not always nice to work with. If you're just looking for a "picture" of the data--not the data itself, you could select your range and do Edit|Copy. Then go to th...

Memory Leak when copying charts to another worksheet
Hi I have a BAD memory leak when I copy a chart... even a blank chart to another worksheet. It eventually causes excel to crash. In my example, the sequence to crash excel was as follows: - Copy Chart 5000 times (loop) - less times would work too, and you'd see the increase in private bytes as you go along - Copy method of range class failed - Clicked End button on debug message box - Closed Excel - Message: The picture is too large and will be truncated - Excel.exe - Application error. The instruction at "0x300dc756" referenced memor...

Hyperlink Error
I have a hyperlink set-up for a netwrok file. It works fine, but when the file is copied the hyperlin chages to the folder that the file has been copied to. original link - L:\folder\folder\file Changes to - C:\file How can I get it to keep the original link? Justin ...

Find cells with a space at the end
How do I find all cells (with text in it) that ends with a space ie. "This is some text " which I either want to highlight or automatically fix to: "This is some text" I'm using Excel 97. I have tried to turn on showing special character like you can in Word (where a space appears as a dot), but couldn't find that command. The Find command also doesn't help. Many thanks, Alain On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 12:02:17 -0000, "Alain Dekker" <alain.dekker@NO.SPAM.loma.com> wrote: >How do I find all cells (with text in it) that ends wi...

Highlight (Shading Color) entire paragraphs in Outline View
In Outline View, if I try to select an entire hierarchy of headings and apply highlighting ("Shading Color"), it doesn't work. Triple clicking to select any heading paragraph also ignores highlighting. However, highlighting works if I select a word. Is there a way to highlight entire paragraphs, series of paragraphs, or ideally, entire Outline View hierarchies? I am using Word 2003 on Windows XP. This is because not all paragraph formatting is shown in Outline view (or Normal view). Switch to Print Layout view after you've applied shading to a paragraph and y...

Outlook 2002 SP3: Can't open file: *.msg. The file may not exist, you may...
Hi, recently I am unable to open attachments within Outlook that have an extension of .msg. When previewing a message in the preview pane, the attachment MSG icon appears white. When the message is opened, it changes to a beige color. Double-clicking (and choosing Open from the menu) on the icon in either state yields no results. When I save the message to my desktop, I took the DDE command used to open files with the .msg extension ("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office \Office10\OUTLOOK.EXE" /f "%1"). I changed to the directory where the message is and ran: "C:\Program...

Money 2001 OEM won't reinstall from a backed up copy
Anyone know why and what one must do to be back functioning? Money will only install from a Setup tool. "Mr. David Oltmann" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00e801c3dd39$29ccd530$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Anyone know why and what one must do to be back > functioning? Any idea where one can get one of those setup tools without having to buy a disk? Sincerely, Mr. David Oltmann "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in message news:%238i4RfW3DHA.3196@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Money will only instal...

What formula do I use to show the last cell with text in a colum
I have an Excel worksheet with 2 sheets. Sheet1 is for data entry and will have data in columns to record details of meetings, each row is a different person e.g. column B has details of first meeting, column C has details of second meeting, column D has details of third meeting and so on . I want my second sheet to be a report that shows the details of the most recent meeting i.e I want a formula in sheet2 that looks at sheet1, finds the last cell in a row with text, and copies this text to the relevant cell in sheet2. Do I use "go to" command plus a formula? how? ...

Search and Copy
Here's my problem... I have a worksheet that lists football players, positions and ratings for each player. I have another worksheet that has sections setup for each position(QB,WR,RB,etc..). What I would to be able to do is have excel search for QB,WR,RB,etc.. in B4 to B400 in the "Recruits" worksheet and then have it copy the entire column for a player to the "Recruit Ratings" worksheet under the correct section for each player. Worksheet names ------------------------------------ Recruits - The one where I want to search and copy from Recruit Ratings - Where the e...

Copy publisher sheet to word document
I have literally spent hours attempting to copy "ads" created in publisher to word document. Copy and paste does not work. I have to copy each portion of the ad and paste into Word. alot of wasted time - more like "hours". Please help in the midst of a major project. -- DH What version Word & Publisher? I can copy the ads to Word 2007. Select all, group. If you paste special and select one of the formats it should work. Opening the Office clipboard in both Publisher and Word will help too. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.m...

how to copy and paste my resume
i am trying to copy nand paste my resume from microsoft word on to a job website. its not letting me. how do i make this work??? Your best plan would be to ask the support of the site you are trying to paste to, but my guess is that the site wants plain text so copy to Notepad first. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< >&l...

copy and overwrite ??? -can't get rid og duplicate messages !!!
Hey you wise people ! HOW can I make Outlook overwrite identical messages when copying a large amount of messages from one folder to another. I have 2 folders that are not 100% the same and would like to merge theese into one -without getting duplicate messages. It would seem to me that this should be a BASIC thing to do (like when you copy between folders in Windows, it always asks you if you want to overwrite...) but Outlook just copies everything without asking and i end up having 100'dreds of duplicate messages. I'm frustrated........- please help. Claus, DK ...

Color Coding a record in the detail section
Hi, I have three types of records in the detail section of my record. One is 2007Actual, the second is 2008Atual and the third is 2008Budget. The other fields are CustomerName, Jan, Feb, Mar etc. I want to color code all records that have the Type field as 2008Budget. Is there a way to do this? Thanks, -- Chuck W On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 08:07:03 -0800, ChuckW wrote: > Hi, > > I have three types of records in the detail section of my record. One is > 2007Actual, the second is 2008Atual and the third is 2008Budget. The other > fields are CustomerName, Jan, Feb, Mar et...

Can I copy the games I deleted from another pc?
Dear All, I deleted the games that came loaded on my pc, Spider Sol, Solitaire, Minesweeper etc. They are truly gone as they don't appear in the Windows/System 32 folder. I've looked in the folder, seached all exe files, they are gone. Can I copy them off another pc using a thumbdrive, then drag them to the correct folder in my pc and double click them or try to re-install them by doing the Add/Remove-Windows Components routine? Thank you- asf66 "asf66" <asf66@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8EBBA3F1-2421-42E1-A53D-151194AC19...

Macro to copy & paste-special-values data to selected worksheets
I have a workbook containing worksheets called “List-1”, “List-2”, “List-3”, “List-4” and many other worksheet “templates”. I need a macro to perform the following: 1. On any of the particular worksheet templates, copy the data on the entire row for all rows within the range A1:H50 only if the value for that row in column H is greater than 0, and then “paste special values” the data on the worksheet called “List-1” starting at cell A1. In other words, for any row within the range that has a value in column H that is greater than 0, the entire row of data in column A-H will be...

Fixed Assets
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0011_01CAB083.26EE8290 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi people, I am using SQL 2005, GP 10 SP 3 I am not able to post depreciation for Jan 2010 and get the above ERROR = message and when I click on more info. it give me following " You have = entered a date whose fiscal year on period setup is greater then the = current fiscal year for one of the books selected for this asset". Solution: do no select this book or enter an earlier...

Cannot Load exisitng copy of Office XP?
I have recently purchase a new emachine laptop and tried unsuccessfully to load my existing copy of Office XP? It wont get past the product key? Any suggestions. I did call the computer company and they suggested it was a liscening conflict and gave me a number that is no longer in service! There does not seem to be anywhere on the microsoft site that offers suggestions on this problem. Thanks officeuser wrote: > I have recently purchase a new emachine laptop and tried > unsuccessfully to load my existing copy of Office XP? It > wont get past the product key? Any suggestions. I did &...

If I wanted 5-7 to mean May 7th, I would type "May 7th"
I dont understand why a non-pro user at excel has to go searching for a way to turn this function off. Does Microsoft not care about those of us who dont use Excel on a everyday-forwork-basis? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/o...

Stacking data to show same number but different colors
I am needing to show two sets of data on a stacked bar that will reflect the total of the denominator. Example. I have 13 cases out of which 1 has a complication. I want the total on the bar to only reflect 13 but the coloring of the bars show both data points (13 and 1). Can this be done? Your stack total must be 13, so your differently formatted stacks have to be 12 and 1. Alternatively you could plot 13 and 1 as clustered columns, and set the overlap to 100. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ wiggy wrote: > I am needing to sh...

AutoFilter May be Misbehaving
I have a worksheet, using 1845 rows and columns out to AB. We use the AutoFilter command on the Data menu constantly, and are getting a strange behaviour. When the filter is applied, it shows the appropriate data, but hides all the rows from 1845 down to 3606 and then displays the remaining from 3606 to 65536. What I can not figure out is why are rows 1845 to 3606 being hidden. There is nothing in them. To be sure of this, I selected all the rows from 1846 to 65536 and over to column IV and from the Edit menu, select Clear - Formats and then Clear - All, to no avail. What am I missin...

Copy Paste Special Macro
I need to copy the value of a formula into a cell one down and one to the left of the current cell I am copying. Rather then right click and select the options. I can build a macro to copy then paste special but...I want the copy to be the current cell I am in then move the active cell on down and one left then paste special. Is there a way to use visual basic to move one cell left and one cell down and move only the information in the cell? The following sub will do what you want: Sub DownAndLeft() Dim x As Variant x = Selection.Value Selection.Offset(1, -1) = x End Sub Select the ...

sort according to the colored rows
Hi, all I have a long list of rows in an excel worksheet which some rows are highlighted and some are now. My question is : Is that possible for me to sort the file by allowing a colored rows as criteria? kind regards & many thanks in advance :) -- swchee ------------------------------------------------------------------------ swchee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24279 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=396712 Look at http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html "swchee" <swchee....

Matching and Copying entries
I have two worksheets, on sheet1 there are 4 columns, columnA is the customers account number. On sheet2 I have 5 columns and again columnA is the customers account number. I want to keep all records from sheet1, but I want to add two extra columns of data that is currently held on sheet2. So I think I need to compare the customers account numbers between sheet1 and sheet2 and where they match copy over columns C and E from sheet2 to two new colmns on sheet1. What would be the best eay to approach this problem. (I have approx 20,000 rows on sheet1 and nearly 50,000 on sheet2.) You say tha...

How do I specify a formula to look in another cell for a sheet name?
I am trying to get a formula to look in another cell for the name of a different sheet (withing the same workbook) it needs to reference. i.e. I want to count applicants for different jobs. Sheet 1 holds the totals across the company whilst sheets 2 and 3 carry the applicant data for Southern and Midland regions respectively. Sheet 1 Reference Area No of Applicants AAA01 Southern ?????? AAA02 Midlands AAA03 Southern Sheet 2 - Southern Reference Name AAA01 Jones AAA01 Smith AAA03 White AAA...

Direct Client Requirement - Software Engineer (.Net) - VA
Direct Client Requirement - Software Engineer (.Net) - VA - Chantilly (GC and Citizen may only apply) Job Title: Software Engineer (.Net) Job Location(s): VA - Chantilly Duration: 1-6 months Position Type: Full-time Hours: 8 am =96 5 pm Education Level: Bachelor's Degree GC and Citizen may only apply JOB DESCRIPTION: Roles and Responsibilities: =95 Monitoring and supporting team member activites =95 Coordinating product development with product technical manager =95 W...