How do you recover a parameter?

Hello,

I would like to execute an excel file, for example, with a file name
file.xls  zz.txt
And afterwards, in that file, I would like to recover the name zz.txt.
Could you please help me?

Thanks.

0
Dave
3/22/2007 5:55:10 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Dave,

I'm not sure what you mean by "execute" the Excel file, or "recover the name."  It sounds as
though you want to make a txt file from the xls file.  If so, you'll need to open it in
Excel, then do File - Save As, with the file type set to txt.

--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com
"Dave" <dfdf@dfffff> wrote in message news:4602c24e$0$5072$ba4acef3@news.orange.fr...
> Hello,
>
> I would like to execute an excel file, for example, with a file name file.xls  zz.txt
> And afterwards, in that file, I would like to recover the name zz.txt.
> Could you please help me?
>
> Thanks.

0
someone798 (944)
3/22/2007 6:58:22 PM
no no no
I want that
file.xls zz.txt
and I want keep the name zz.txt in my file.xls with vba do you understand ?

"Earl Kiosterud" <someone@nowhere.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
%237NYTQLbHHA.3408@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Dave,
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by "execute" the Excel file, or "recover the
> name."  It sounds as though you want to make a txt file from the xls file.
> If so, you'll need to open it in Excel, then do File - Save As, with the
> file type set to txt.
>
> --
> Earl Kiosterud
> www.smokeylake.com
> "Dave" <dfdf@dfffff> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would like to execute an excel file, for example, with a file name
>> file.xls  zz.txt
>> And afterwards, in that file, I would like to recover the name zz.txt.
>> Could you please help me?
>>
>> Thanks.

0
Dave

Pass parameter from FORM to QUERY

outlook xp recovered data - from CD
I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp data from a failed hard drive: how do I move/copy/transfer the recovered Calendar, address book and contacts, personal folders, and emails from the data recovery CD to my existing Outlook folders? Where does that data reside on my new hard drive (windows xp pro oper system)? Would very much appreciate any help. Thanks. "kevinh" <kevin.hefner@aps.com> wrote in message news:0c7601c3b8f4$d417b3c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp > data from a failed hard drive: ho...

How do you recover a parameter?
Hello, I would like to execute an excel file, for example, with a file name file.xls zz.txt And afterwards, in that file, I would like to recover the name zz.txt. Could you please help me? Thanks. Dave, I'm not sure what you mean by "execute" the Excel file, or "recover the name." It sounds as though you want to make a txt file from the xls file. If so, you'll need to open it in Excel, then do File - Save As, with the file type set to txt. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- &...

Recover live calendars?
Someone was helping me cleanup an old laptop and they deleted important calendars from my WLM. I have months worth of appointments and need some help/instructions. Thanks (I hope) Did you sign in to Live services in WLM? It will not say Sign in below the Close X if you are signed in. calendar.live.com will have the calendars that will sync back to WLM the next time you connect with WLM. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "nimbus" <nimbus@live.com> wrote in message news:CDFEEBEA-D031-4B0B-AECC-58F904E3E601@microsoft.com... > Someone was helping ...

Recover !!
Ok i updated my old outlook and because it was too much for my system (like all windows updates) i uninstalled oulook then reinstalled the old version now i have none of my old emails and there not in my hotmail either and they were going into both, hotmail and my outlook ~ so can anyone help me? or is it lost forever What is the version of your old Outlook? Try to search *.pst file "Robin" <rwtsr1@msn.com> wrote in message news:cb4101c48a4c$21dfd000$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Ok i updated my old outlook and because it was too much > for my system (like all windows upda...

Yes/No parameter for Yes or No or Both
RonaldoOneNil gave me the very useful info of: =IIF([Enter Yes or No]="Yes",True,False) for a parameter query criterion (for a check box in a form). I would like to know if I can enter Yes or No AND have the option for both. Presumably it would be in the Or row, but I don't know what to enter. Thanks for any help. Can you explain what you are trying to do with some examples? -- Build a little, test a little. "Owl" wrote: > RonaldoOneNil gave me the very useful info of: > > =IIF([Enter Yes or No]="Yes",True,Fals...

Pass Parameter from Excel to SharePoint
I’m trying to open an Excel file from SharePoint. Here is a the scenario. I’d like to be able to pass a parameter from excel to SharePoint, and have SharePoint identify if the file exists on my SharePoint site. For instance, here is the generic URL: https://collaboration.net/sites/Documents/Forms/AllItems.asp What I want to be able to do is pass a file name as a Parameter, and open the appropriate Excel file with the same name, so it may be something like this: https://collaboration.net/sites/Documents/Forms/AllItems.asp?test=5262010.xls It will always be the URL and the w...

Subreport always appears blank (even during basic testing with no parameters!)
I have a subreport in my report that takes a set of basic parameters. It does not appear on my main report when the main report is run. As a test, I decided to create a simple subreport with no parameters and only a text field. It also does not display on my report. As a further test, I decided to create an entirely new project with only a main report and a subreport that displays the word "test". It will still not display on my main report. There are no errors at any stage. Does anybody have any idea as to what could be wrong? Zack Is it not working in preview tab...

Recover Unsaved
I need help. Excel closed without saving what I was working on now I need to recover it.... You do not say how Excel closed or what version you are using. The later versions have an AutoRecover feature. If you closed Excel without saving the file, you may not be able to recover. -- Damon Longworth Don't miss out on the 2005 Excel User Conference Sept 16th and 17th Stockyards Hotel - Ft. Worth, Texas www.ExcelUserConference.com "Tori" <Tori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F64C96B-62FD-430D-A27A-DF00A9AA64D0@microsoft.com... >I need help. Exce...

Help! I accidentally deleted emails that I desperately need to recover... Any suggestions please?
Desperate here! I have used LACIE back up, does it save emails? Many thanks! On 1/26/10 10:20 AM, in article C7847266.27FB9%gavin@kerner.com, "Gavin Wilding" <gavin@kerner.com> wrote: > Desperate here! I have used LACIE back up, does it save emails? It depends on what you backed up. Without more details, we can't help. You can use Switch Identity to access data in a second Identity. -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> YouTalk <...

Recover junk mail
How can I recover all of my mail from the junk mail folder that I mistakenly just deleted? afaik...locally emptying or purging the junk mail folder is permanent in WLM(and also if using WLM for http access to a Hotmail account). If Pop3, access the web server holding the account to determine if the messages are present(ymmv) in the web Deleted folder. -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Justin" <Justin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18654186-1254-4406-9DAF-22B213E775D4@microsoft.com... > How can I recover all of my mail from the junk mail fold...

Recover
I set up my labtop for pop 3 mail. I like keeping almost all of my e-mails on the webmail server so I can refer to them. After I received the messages from my labtop, all the messages on my webmail were gone. I empytied the deleted items folder also on my labtop. Is there any kind of folder that they go to on the computer that's hidden before they e-mails are complety taken off the computer. Also is there a way to pull them off of the server again. The messages are gone, unless whoever provides your webmail has a way for you to get deleted messages back - ask them. In the fu...

Is it possible to recover a file that's been saved over?
I'm sure I already know the answer to this question, but I have to ask anyway. I was working on an Excel file containing very important information on my laptop. I wanted to save the file to my thumb drive in order to create a backup copy. I recall being prompted by the save action to replace the existing copy, which I assumed was referring to the old copy that was already on my thumb drive, so I selected the "Yes" button. Now that I've tried to open the file on the laptop, I realize that it now has the old copy. Basically, I saved the old version of the file on top...

Recover Outlook Tasks
I use tasks as a to-do list and have a problem with some tasks that have been deleted by a synchronisation. I sync a PocketPC2002 pda with a notebook and a desktop both running XP Outlook 2002. I didn't realise when doing a recent sync (ActiveSync 3.7.1) with the notebook that many of my tasks were deleted. Before realising I synced with the desktop so now none of the three devices have all my tasks. Is there a way to recover them? There is nothing in the deleted folders or archives. Thanks in advance... Did you have a backup of your PST file, presuming you use a PST file? If ...

SRS Report Parameters
Hello. I have recently taken over CRM administration from a resource that left the company and am trying to figure out why he did what he did and how to make it function now that we've upgraded from CRM 3 to 4. We are using SRS 2005. This guy has report parameters called CRM_URL and CRM_FilterText that are not nullable but have no default value either, so they will not work in CRM. I see what he is doing with CRM_URL; he uses it to hyperlink from the report to a record in the CRM implementation. But I don't know how it gets populated, and I can't build the reports until ...

recover account
I removed an account in WLM, and lost a lot of message. So can I recorver them. Please help me. Thanks Edson If this was a pop3 account, then no. Removal of an account in WLM deletes the account and all stored messages from one's hard drive. To remove an account, one has to answer yes to a prompt for deletion. WLM's prompt explaining the deletion could be improved upon making it much clearer on the impact. Here's what the prompt stated <qp> Are you sure you want to remove the <account name> account ? If this account is set so that messages are delet...

Report Chart With a Parameter
Hi, I have many reports where users select the parameters via a form. Im wanting to create the graphs on a report but i get an error when trying to load the graph; "MS Access Does not reconise 'Forms!RptDataPicker!ComboCategory' is not a valid field name or expression" 'Forms!RptDataPicker!ComboCategory' is the parameter in the query behind it, Query works fine on its own. is this just down to Access poor charting on reports? (im using Access 2007) Regards CR ...

Recover
How do I restore some messages that suddenly disapeared, to an individual mailbox from a backup? Did you have deleted item retention turned on? If so, you can recover it from Outlook. If not, do you have a brick-level backup? If so you can restore the individual item. If neither of the above, you will need to create a recovery server to restore the database to and export it. 163713 XADM: Recovering a Single Mailbox from the Online Backup http://support.microsoft.com/?id=163713 -- Michael Barta [MSFT] Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias...

The Parameter error
Hi all, I am facing the problem with two users, they are able to create account, but they cannot view there previous accounts. The error message says that "The Parameter is incorrect" and the querry string in CRM says "_grid/grid_container.aspx?viewid=&gridId=crmGrid" The stack trace says error at "Microsoft.crm.Controls.GridContainerPage.ConfigureGrid()" and load() methods of the same has error. this Error is happening with only two users as I have 30 users, and 28 users dosenot get this error. Please give me some solution for the problem. thanx in advance ...

I need to recover my .pub files after re-installing xp...
Hi there. I am wondering if anyone knows of an easy way to recover my .pub files from my hard drive? I had to re-install my operating system, and lost a few REALLY important files. Any leads on a fix / product that does this would be appreciated, and free options would be really helpful. Spunky1 wrote: > Hi there. I am wondering if anyone knows of an easy way > to recover my .pub files from my hard drive? I had to > re-install my operating system, and lost a few REALLY > important files. > > Any leads on a fix / product that does this would be > appreciated, and fr...

Need variables for rpt parameters
Hi everyone!!! Hope your holiday season is going smoothly. I'm using A02 on XP. I have a query that pulls the data I want from my table. I have a report with the fields on it. I have a form with no record source and the following fields: [BeginDate] and [EndDate] date fields - These should pull All [TDATE] from [BeginDate] to [EndDate]. If the fields are blank, ignore and move to next criteria; [PolicyNumber] text field with input mask '000000' - First I need to 'pad' the letter 'E' to the front of [PolicyNumber]. Then this should pull All [POLICY] t...

Recover previous version of a file?
I sorted a portion of an Excel file to print it and found that the whole file had been sorted so columns don't match part way through. It was shut down and restarted. Any way to re-organize to the original format? help please! ...

Recovered Folders?
I seem to be collecting a huge amount of 'recovered folders' in my live mail inbox. So, firstly, why are they recovered and secondly why do they keep getting 'lost' Wrong newsgroup (this one is for Vista's Windows Mail - not Windows Live Mail) . . . try this one . . . microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop "red devil" <red devil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3459CA59-FBA1-4E8D-A508-56358F7240CA@microsoft.com... > I seem to be collecting a huge amount of 'recovered folders' in my live > mail > inbo...

recover deleted email #3
is it possible to recover deleted email from a pst file before the file has been compacted? it seems since until you run compact the file doesn't get smaller the information mut still be there. No exchange server by the way. just email in local pst file. Did you try Recover Deleted Items by right clicking on the deleted items folder. This may be only available if you have Exchange. Regards -- Francine Otterson President, San Diego Outlook User Group "Joe" <junk@junk.com> wrote in message news:OFOjXwJVFHA.3140@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > > > is it po...

use parameter in getpivotdata
im using excel 2003 ,i cannot get the required data when using getpivotdata at ALL ,i've tried many ways , really need help especially on using a parameter,eg: All i need is to get the data about 1SunDAY and DEPOT from the pivot table Sum of CountOfEQ_NBR POW_ID xxouttime Total 1SunDAY DEPOT DEPOT 1SunDAY 12 1SunNGT 34 3TueDAY 32 3TueNGT 102 4WedDAY 14 4WedNGT 110 5ThuDAY 8 5ThuNGT 17 7SatNGT 2 DEPOT Total 331 Q01 1SunDAY 7 1SunNGT 21 2MonDAY 167 2MonNGT 54 3TueDAY 70 3TueNGT 221 4WedDAY 105 ...