How do I stop (C) becoming @ ?

The subject title says it all.

0
alan2627 (9)
7/31/2009 1:13:35 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

If you click on Tools | Autocorrect you will see that listed near the
top. Just click on the entry and then click on the Delete button to
get rid of it.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jul 31, 2:13=A0pm, Alan Secker <a...@asandco.co.uk> wrote:
> The subject title says it all.

0
pashurst (2576)
7/31/2009 1:35:11 PM
Type (c) but before pressing enter, move the cursor away from the end of the
cell so it's NOT after the closing paren. When you enter, it won't change.
HTH
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

On Jul 31, 2:13 pm, Alan Secker <a...@asandco.co.uk> wrote:
> The subject title says it all.

0
rumlas (268)
7/31/2009 1:43:41 PM
Bob Umlas wrote:

> Type (c) but before pressing enter, move the cursor away from the end of
> the cell so it's NOT after the closing paren. When you enter, it won't
> change. HTH
> Bob Umlas
> Excel MVP
>
> "Pete_UK" <pashurst@auditel.net> wrote in message
> If you click on Tools | Autocorrect you will see that listed near the
> top. Just click on the entry and then click on the Delete button to
> get rid of it.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Pete
>
> On Jul 31, 2:13 pm, Alan Secker <a...@asandco.co.uk> wrote:
>> The subject title says it all.

Thank you both.   Regards, Alan

0
alan2627 (9)

Regarding Reading XML Files in Visual C++6.0 using XMLDOMMethod.
Hi, While reading a 4.2 MB XML File in Visual C++ 6.0 using XMLDOM method, it is taking lot of time. But the same XML File when reading in Visual C# using Visual Studio 2005 is taking lesser time. How this Visual C++ 6.0 reading delay in XML can be avoided. ==========Suresh ...

stops responding

blue stop screen 0x0000007E

recipient policy stopped working

Money 2002 transaction status flags ("E", "C", "R") have all disappeared
Hi, After many months of using Money 2002, yesterday I suddenly noticed that the column in my resgister that shows the cleared status of each transaction is empty. Not a single transaction is marked "C", "E" or "R" -- even the ones that have been reconciled for years, I _can_ change the status of transactions in the normal way (clicking in the "C" column or using CTRL-M), but again, nothing shows in the display. It seems like a bug in the display of the data rather than actual corruption of the data, since I can toggle the flag "invisibly" ...

Stop all macros
I have a button on a form, which should do different things depending on 1. The data contained within the current record; 2. Whether the current record is a 'new record'; 3. Whether the current record is the first record in the form. On click, an embedded macro is initiated. Each step in the embedded macro has a condition and a corresponding 'RunMacro' action. All the conditions are mutually exclusive, and each sub-macro has a final step of 'StopAllMacros'. So the embedded macro should trigger one, and only one sub-macro. However, it appears that what is act...

Stopping the scroll bar
Hi all, this is my first time. I don't know if this is the right place for this problem but here I go. I have created a template of an invoice the size of an A4 and would like to stop the scroll bar moving both horizantally and vertically in normal view just as if it was in print view. Is that possible through VBA and if yes what is the code that I would need to achieve such task. Thanks in advance --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Not too sure what you are after but you can remove the scrollbars with <Tools - Options> and then in the View tab, at the bottom,...

Stopping a Campaign Temporarily
Hi, My client has executed the campaign in Jan 1st 2006 and the end date is Dec 31st 2006. But he wants to stop the campaign temporarily from 15th July 2006 and again start it from 1st Aug 2006. So what is that I need to do for this thing, i have never come across this kind of situation before. Thanks in advance. Regards, Shabbir. ...

Would you stop for a moment?!
Excuse me!! Would you stop for a moment?! O...man...Haven't you thought-one day- about yourself ? Who has made it? Have you seen a design which hasn't a designer ?! Have you seen a wonderful,delicate work without a worker ?! It's you and the whole universe!.. Who has made them all ?!! You know who ?.. It's "ALLAH",prise be to him. Just think for a moment. How are you going to be after death ?! Can you believe that this exact system of the universe and all of these great creation will end in in nothing...just after death! Have you thought, for a second, How to save you...

Stop
I have two items in my register, one a transfer to my bank and another a deposited item. I made one bank deposit for the combined amount. When it cleared, I matched it against the two items and all seemed fine. Problem is that every day Money shows the item again as an unmatched item and I have to delete it constantly. I realise this system isn't to well written, but is there any way to have this not show up. After all it was matched and accepted once. In microsoft.public.money, John Barnes wrote: >I have two items in my register, one a transfer to my bank and another a &g...

How can I stop all numeric entries from being devided by 100?
In a new and existing sheets, all numeric entries are being devided by 100. Tools-Options-Edit-Enable automatic percent entry is turned off. go to tools-options-edit and uncheck "fixed decimal places" Greetings from New Zealand Bill K "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E7AFFC7-F58F-4691-8F98-30CF105D5C28@microsoft.com... > In a new and existing sheets, all numeric entries are being devided by > 100. > Tools-Options-Edit-Enable automatic percent entry is turned off. Tools>Options>Edit, uncheck the Fixed decimal box -...

MFC, XML, C++ .NET Help.....
All, I have a question that I am trying to solve and I am not a 100% sure what direction I should take. Here is my problem - I have a MFC application that will be compiled using the Visual C++ .Net 2003 Compiler that is unmanaged (meaning no ..Net framework). The application scraps a single small xml string from a http page. I want to parse this xml string out to be used in the application. My issue is I am unsure what tool I should use to do the parsing of the XML string. I have thought about CString and parsing out by hand but powers from above want this to be more robust for possible &quo...

typing in a new cell and carrying the formatting of the previous c
how can i get the formatting done automatically in line with formatting of the same row evertime i type in a new cell in that row? for example, i have data in spread across A1:E1, and there is a special formatting for this set of data, when i type into F1 i want the same formatting to carry forward. what i am looking for is not a "paste formating" or "Format Painter" option. You could use Conditional Formatting on the whole row, with a condition (for active cell A1) of =NOT(ISBLANK(A1)) -- David Biddulph "fadwa" <fadwa@discussions.microsoft.com...

how do you stop spam?
I'm taking care of a Windows NT Server (4) with Exchange 5.5 SP2 installed. We have around 40 employees in the company and they have been complaining about spam. Desktops are running Outlook 2000. Is there a way to stop spam without installing a third party software? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. there is an open source one available. i think it is on sourceforge.net. search for smtp. mike "Peter McCaul" <compcoff@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ujtLb2riEHA.1140@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I'm taking care of a Windows NT Server (4) with Exchange 5.5 SP2...

Sending and Receiving Email stops after installing Exchange 2003 SP1
I've installed Exchange 2003 SP1 and sending and receiving email has stopped. All services are running. Messages seem to be in the local delivery queue. Any suggestions? Thanks. I've been fighting the same thing. Users get -- 800ccc0f or 8004210 Machine is DC, running ADC --- HELP ! ! ! Hi Dan Had same problem, try to stop all Exchange and web (IIS especialy) manualy. ' Then reinstalle PS1, it solved my problem. Carsten "Dan" <dslaby.no2spam@evergreeninfo.biz> wrote in message news:<Ov0nh5DREHA.3732@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>... > I've install...

References to open/hidden workbooks become hard-coded in formulas
Hello -- Can someone tell me if the following problem is caused by an Excel configuration setting, or is there another reason for it? Problem: References to cells in opened but hidden workbooks become hard-coded in formulas. In the set of related workbooks we deliver to him, an example formula merely includes the workbook name, as in = Engineering.xls!cx_qam When he sends the set of workbooks back to us for checking, debugging, etc., this formula would appear as = 'C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\folder_path_below_this\Engineering.xls'!cx_qam Thanks for any help o...

Hotmail accts stopped working?
My Hotmail accts stopped working in Outlook Express 6 and regular Outlook (XP first, then I upgraded to 2003 beta 2) about a month ago. OE says "Authorization Required" but the password is definitely correct since I access the accts daily via the web on the same machine. Maybe something screwed up in the registry or possibly an encryption DLL... anyone have any ideas? thanks! -- ---------------------------------- To follow the path: look to the master, follow the master, walk with the master, see through the master, become the master. - Ancient Zen poem that is th...

Auto-stop feature?
I would like to be able to play a DVD while I'm faling asleep and have Windows Media Player automatically stop at the end of the DVD (so the DVD drive doesn't run all night). I have the feature on my TV's DVD player, so I assume it is something that can also be done on my computer. I just can't figure out how. On Mon, 10 May 2010 19:00:01 -0700, hlagas <hlagas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >I would like to be able to play a DVD while I'm faling asleep and have >Windows Media Player automatically stop at the end of the DVD (so the DVD ...

spell check stopped working in emails
using outlook 2007 and all of a sudden spell checker does not identify misspelled words, however is show a nmessage box "spell check complete" ...

Outlook 2002 stops responding when viewing hotmail
Lately whenever I try to view my hotmail with Outlook 2002, Outlook stops responding. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it is still hanging every time I try to open or view a hotmail message. My other mail accounts are OK. It did not do this originally. I have been unable to find any information on this in the knowledge base. Did you do anything to your PC, i.e. install OS patches or anything? I've recently experienced problems with Outlook recieving SMTP mail as well, and the only thing that changed was the installation of some critical security patches to the O...

Outlook has stopped working #3
I am not at all knowledgeable about this so I am hoping you will have patience with me as I learn. Thanks in advance. I tried to get into my mail yesterday and it would not open. Hesitated for a couple of minutes and then shut down and a box came up. I am going to type what was in the box in hopes someone can help me understand it: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. Errors have been detected in the file. C:\Users\Teresa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst. Quit Outlook and all mail-enabled applications, an...

How to stop Media Player from changing playlist names?
How can I stop Windows Media Player from changing my playlist names by inserting a "My Playlist - " in front of the name I give to the playlist? For example, if I name a playlist "ABC" the next time I start up WMP, I find it now has a name of "My Playlist - ABC". I rename it back to ABC but then the next time I start it up, it's back to My Playlist - ABC. Any idea why this is happening and how I can make it stop? Using WMP 11 on Win XP. TIA. I have never seen WMP doing this, so it's probably caused by a third party program or plug-i...