How do I select a cell 5 cells from the active cell?

seems simple enough, but i can't figure it out.

i am at a particular random location, and I need to select the cell 5
rows over.

TIA

JasonK
0
JasonK (6)
3/14/2006 2:23:06 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

One way:

    Public Sub SelectCell5RowsFromActiveCell()
        With ActiveCell
            If .Row <= Rows.Count - 5 Then _
                .Offset(5, 0).Select
        End With
    End Sub

In article <bbkd12tjjfv9qishbo3p629lu8iu8f5g16@4ax.com>,
 JasonK <JasonK@aol.com> wrote:

> seems simple enough, but i can't figure it out.
>
> i am at a particular random location, and I need to select the cell 5
> rows over.
>
> TIA
>
> JasonK
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
3/14/2006 2:35:57 PM
five rows over

offset(,5)

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"JE McGimpsey" <jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote in message
> One way:
>
>    Public Sub SelectCell5RowsFromActiveCell()
>        With ActiveCell
>            If .Row <= Rows.Count - 5 Then _
>                .Offset(5, 0).Select
>        End With
>    End Sub
>

> In article <bbkd12tjjfv9qishbo3p629lu8iu8f5g16@4ax.com>,
> JasonK <JasonK@aol.com> wrote:
>
>> seems simple enough, but i can't figure it out.
>>
>> i am at a particular random location, and I need to select the cell 5
>> rows over.
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> JasonK

0
dguillett1 (2487)
3/14/2006 3:04:49 PM
OP may? have meant five COLUMNS over?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
dguillett1@austin.rr.com
"JE McGimpsey" <jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote in message
> One way:
>
>    Public Sub SelectCell5RowsFromActiveCell()
>        With ActiveCell
>            If .Row <= Rows.Count - 5 Then _
>                .Offset(5, 0).Select
>        End With
>    End Sub
>

> In article <bbkd12tjjfv9qishbo3p629lu8iu8f5g16@4ax.com>,
> JasonK <JasonK@aol.com> wrote:
>
>> seems simple enough, but i can't figure it out.
>>
>> i am at a particular random location, and I need to select the cell 5
>> rows over.
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> JasonK

0
dguillett1 (2487)

print preview #5
Hi For some of excel data the grid lines disappear in print preview though all grid lines get printed when I print. Wondering why that happens? VBA Starter Do you have a coloured fill. If you do gridlines will not show -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "vbastarter" <vbastarter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64FFB855-8238-4669-9ABB-9500451DE3F4@microsoft.com... > Hi For some of excel data the grid lines disappear in print preview > though > all grid lines get printed when I ...

Run report on multi selected records.

When shading cells using the 'pattern' option, they print in grey.
When trying to print a 'pattern' in cell shading, it prints only as grey-scale solids. Do the patterns not print, or is it "averaging" the pattern into a solid? Printer dpi is 600, and appears as a pattern on Preview. ...

Can't select objects in Excel 2007

how do I identify an unfamiliar symbol in an excel cell
The symbol underlined r has appeared in a cell but I cannot get rid of it Strange stuff in a cell might be some kind of picture or other object. Place the cursor on the "thing" and right-click. See if clear or delete shows up as an option. -- Gary''s Student "Yosef2" wrote: > The symbol underlined r has appeared in a cell but I cannot get rid of it is it a symbol or a broken link refference... check insert symbol -- MDOTJ I ----------------------------------------------------------------------- MDOTJR's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member...

Select contact then hangs

Exchange 5.5 svr w/ Contant Event 2018 in app log
Hello, I have an Exchage 5.5 server with sp4 that keeps getting this informational log several times a day. It started happening about 3 weeks ago. Source: MSExchageISprivate Cat: Transfer out of gateway Event: 2018 The generation of a delivery report or a non-delivery report for gateway /o=Horizon House/ou=Norwood/cn=Configuration/cn=Connections/cn=Internet Mail Connector (mailserver) has failed due to error 0x80004002. I was doing some reading and the culprit could be the increasing size of Internet Mail Service mail box. This is in the Exchange Administration program under the pro...

Selecting rows from various sheets

What means Event ID 1016 on Exchange Server 5.5 (security breach ?
Hello all, We use any Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5. What means Event ID 1016, when user X is logged on to the mailbox of user Y (displayed in Mailbox Resources in Microsoft Exchange Administrator 5.5)? User X has no rights to the mailbox of user Y. And user X is not a delegation of user Y. User Y could have administrator rights. User X has his mailbox on another Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 as user Y. The eventlog of the Exchange Server of user Y has the diagnostics logging level 'minimum'. The diagnostics logging level of the eventlog of the Exchange Server of user ...

Referencing a referenced cell
Sheet1!C4 contains the formula =Sheet2!A1 I want Sheet1!D4 to find out what cell Sheet1!C4 is referencing an then return the value two columns over. (Offset will take care o returning the value two columns over). My problem is I need to kno which cell Sheet1!C$ is referencing. If I use the formul "=OFFSET(Sheet1!C4,0,1)" I get the value from one column to the righ of Sheet1!C4, I need the value of one column to the right of the cel being referenced by Sheet1!C4, (Sheet2!A1) How would I do this. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see your post in Excel.mis...

buggy cell miscalculates SUM function
Cell B19 does not SUM the preceding 5 cells correctly. It gives a valu of 9 when it should be 42. The problem might be with cell B16, which it seems to pass over. TIA Spreadsheet attache Attachment filename: calwin foster care training analysis - demo.xl Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=58266 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try formatting that B16 cell as General and then reenter the value. (excel may have been seeing your value in B16 as text) "lindasf <" wrote: > > Cell B19 does not SUM the preceding 5 cells corr...

Excel 2000
I used to have this option by right clicking and selecting split. However i don't have it now. I had it on WIN2000 and now I have XP proffesional Hi not possible in Excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Roy S" <Roy S@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BE9E61EA-466E-4391-8400-5967977E9325@microsoft.com... > I used to have this option by right clicking and selecting split. However i > don't have it now. I had it on WIN2000 and now I have XP proffesional I bet you're thinking about a table in MSWord???? Roy S wrote: > &g...

select text in Calendar

Exchange 5.5 Distribution Lists
I am running in Exchange 5.5/2000 mixed mode and I have noticed that if I change ownership of a distribution list using Exchange Admin, the permissions of that object are not automatically updated (I have to manually give the "owner" the permission needed to add members to the list). Is this some old Exchange 5.5 thing??? ...

Remote Desktop Client (RDC) 5.2 & KB958470 (MS09-044)
A hotfix is available for Remote Desktop Client (RDC) 5.2 to fix a drawing failure after you apply the security update 958470 (MS09-044) on a computer that is running Windows XP SP3 or Windows Server 2003 SP2 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975158 ...

Dragging and dropping cells with the keyboard
Is there anyway to drag and drop cells using keyboard shortcuts For example in Word you can highlight text, press F2 and then move the cursor to the desired locatiion and press enter I know you can copy/cut and paste but dragging and dropping cells with formulas maintains cell references without having to input '$' holding signs. This would be particularly helpful for large ranges Thank you for your time Tom You can cut (Ctrl+X), then use the arrow keys to another cell, and paste (Ctrl+V). The original references are maintained. Or, select a cell, and press the F2 key to enter Edi...

unable to remove old 5.5 server...
....from System Manager. Just upgraded/moved yesterday from a 5.5 box to a new Exch 2003 box....following all steps in deployment tools wizard. Now I can't seem to get rid of the old server. It's still listed under the Administrative Groups. Right-clicking it does not give the option to remove it. However, right-clicking the new Exchange 2003 server itself (under 'All Tasks'), does give the option to remove (although I obviously don't want to do that). Any clues? - tex You should be able to remove it using the Exchange 5.5 Administrator. You connect to the E...

Link select with a blast

Campaign Activity
Hi, When I create an e-mail Campaign Activity against a campaign that has a valid marketing list where all members have valid e-mail addresses, Select Distribute, and close the campaign, the Status Reason changes to System Aborted and no e-mails are created. I checked the Bulk E-mail service and it is running. I have System Administrator rights so I don't think this is a security rights issue. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you, Donna Donna, I had a similar problem when I tried Quick Campaigns, regular campaigns or the bulk email service - they all system aborted but afte...

Need help pulling data from cells in different workbooks
Hi, let me try and explain this the best I can: say i have a workbook with 2 pages, on the first sheet, in cells C27 C47, C67 and C87 on the Sheet2, I want to make a list. in that list contains data fro cells C27, C47, C67 and C87 from Sheet1 . on sheet2, the list wil look like: List ='Sheet1!C27 ='Sheet1!C47 ='Sheet1!C67 ='Sheet1!C87 Is there any easy way to pull that data without doing each lin individually. I know i can put in the = and pick the cell on the othe sheet, but I have 100's of cells I need to get data from. If i try an copy paste each line, it does...

Select Case in a Change Event

Excel change SUM references if you cut & paste the first cell in SUM...
Hi, A problem came from a user today. Set up: IN A1: " =SUM(A2:A6) " and in A8: " =SUM(A9:A13) " and fill in some figures in A9:A13. Cut A10 and paste it to A4. everything is ok. If I cut A9 you get "Circular Reference error, because the formula in A8 has changed to: " =SUM(A4:A13) " and the old SUM it still there in A8. Why? Should it be that way, and what is the purpose? Any workarounds? /Kind regards I think the developers had to make a decision. The one that they came up with was if you cut a cell out of the middle of a range, then trust the us...