How do I make a PowerPoint presentation on the fly using Excel files?

I have several Excel tables nicely formatted with updated data coming
from a DB and I want to make some slides on the fly. I just found a
shareware Excel add-on, XPPort that makes this kind of job.
Are they any other kind of tool that allows an easy and quick
generation of a nicely formatted PowerPoint presentation?

Many thanks for any helps you can give

Paolo
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You might want to consider automating the creation of a PowerPoint
file with VBA. Try posting in microsoft.public.powerpoint or check out
http://skp.mvps.org/vba.htm

HTH,
JP

On Feb 19, 4:05=A0am, paulopost <paulopo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have several Excel tables nicely formatted with updated data coming
> from a DB and I want to make some slides on the fly. I just found a
> shareware Excel add-on, XPPort that makes this kind of job.
> Are they any other kind of tool that allows an easy and quick
> generation of a nicely formatted PowerPoint presentation?
>
> Many thanks for any helps you can give
>
> Paolo

0
jp2112 (204)
2/19/2008 1:30:15 PM
Paolo: Rich here from www.xpport.com. The answer to your question is
also of interest to my team! Can you tell us which approach you
selected and what your experiences were? It would not be appropriate
for me to post a sales pitch here. So let me just offer to answer
questions anyone would like to direct my way. Thanks.
Rich

On Feb 19, 8:30=A0am, JP <jp2...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> You might want to consider automating the creation of a PowerPoint
> file with VBA. Try posting in microsoft.public.powerpoint or check outhttp=
://skp.mvps.org/vba.htm

> HTH,
> JP
>
> On Feb 19, 4:05=A0am, paulopost <paulopo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > I have several Excel tables nicely formatted with updated data coming
> > from a DB and I want to make some slides on the fly. I just found a
> > shareware Excel add-on,XPPortthat makes this kind of job.
> > Are they any other kind of tool that allows an easy and quick
> > generation of a nicely formatted PowerPoint presentation?
>
> > Many thanks for any helps you can give
>
> > Paolo- Hide quoted text -

rich1 (2)
3/7/2008 4:06:01 PM
Then answer it.

In article <BYGdnSDwyPit9kzanZ2dnUVZ_hSdnZ2d@comcast.com>, Bob wrote:
> Then answer it.

I think maybe Rich meant that he was willing to answer any questions about his
product; if so, then it would indeed be more appropriate to take those to
private mail, as a general rule.

Hey Rich?   Check your http://www.ramplan.com/ page.

"Improving performace with simple automated lean solutions."

Improved performace is good.  Improved performance is better. <g>

> <rich@ramplan.com> wrote in message
> Paolo: Rich here from www.xpport.com. The answer to your question is
> also of interest to my team! Can you tell us which approach you
> selected and what your experiences were? It would not be appropriate
> for me to post a sales pitch here. So let me just offer to answer
> questions anyone would like to direct my way. Thanks.
> Rich
>
> On Feb 19, 8:30 am, JP <jp2...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> > You might want to consider automating the creation of a PowerPoint
> > file with VBA. Try posting in microsoft.public.powerpoint or check
> > outhttp://skp.mvps.org/vba.htm
> >
> > HTH,
> > JP
> >
> > On Feb 19, 4:05 am, paulopost <paulopo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >

> > > I have several Excel tables nicely formatted with updated data coming
> > > from a DB and I want to make some slides on the fly. I just found a
> > > shareware Excel add-on,XPPortthat makes this kind of job.
> > > Are they any other kind of tool that allows an easy and quick
> > > generation of a nicely formatted PowerPoint presentation?
> >
> > > Many thanks for any helps you can give
> >
> > > Paolo- Hide quoted text -

Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
PPT FAQ:  www.pptfaq.com
PPTools:  www.pptools.com

abuse3141 (30)
3/8/2008 12:43:14 AM
Thanks Bob: I believe an individual with a foundational understanding
of VBA taking the code-your-own route would spend approximately 8
hours and still not have features like sizing the objects in
PowerPoint to fit the slide master. An individual taking the XPPort
route would take one hour including going 100% through the web demo
and reading all of the licensing agreement. These estimates are for
the first job. Each job thereafter for the code-your-own would take
one hour and using XPPort would take 15 seconds for a typical job of
20 slides ported from Excel. These are estimates - if anyone has taken
either route, please validate.

Thanks Steve: Another example of customer feedback making the product
better!

Rich

On Mar 7, 4:43 pm, Steve Rindsberg <ab...@localhost.com> wrote:
> In article <BYGdnSDwyPit9kzanZ2dnUVZ_hSdn...@comcast.com>, Bob wrote:
> > Then answer it.
>
> I think maybe Rich meant that he was willing to answer any questions about his
> product; if so, then it would indeed be more appropriate to take those to
> private mail, as a general rule.
>
> Hey Rich?   Check yourhttp://www.ramplan.com/page.
>
> "Improving performace with simple automated lean solutions."
>
> Improved performace is good.  Improved performance is better. <g>
>

> > <r...@ramplan.com> wrote in message
> > Paolo: Rich here fromwww.xpport.com. The answer to your question is
> > also of interest to my team! Can you tell us which approach you
> > selected and what your experiences were? It would not be appropriate
> > for me to post a sales pitch here. So let me just offer to answer
> > questions anyone would like to direct my way. Thanks.
> > Rich
>
> > On Feb 19, 8:30 am, JP <jp2...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> > > You might want to consider automating the creation of a PowerPoint
> > > file with VBA. Try posting in microsoft.public.powerpoint or check
> > > outhttp://skp.mvps.org/vba.htm
>
> > > HTH,
> > > JP

> Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
> PPT FAQ:  www.pptfaq.com
> PPTools:  www.pptools.com

rich1 (2)

How do you delete a file in Excel's VB?
Not much more to ask than that. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Tino Tino, Use the Kill command to permanently delete a file. For example, Kill "C:\temp\book1.xls" Note that Kill does not put the file in the Recycle Bin. To delete a file to the Recycle Bin, see www.cpearson.com/excel/recycle.htm . -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com <tanast@ing.com.au> wrote in message news:3fce6904.5614763@news.clari.net.au... > Not much more to ask than that. > > Any help would be much appreciated. ...

VS Debug Mobile
Hi, When I'm writing mobile apps in vb.net and want to F5 to deploy and run in debug, I'd like to force the device's internet connection to be the one used rather than the PC's internet connection. Active Sync & Windows Mobile Device Center don't seem to offer that as a configuration choice. I want to be able to debug in VS on the PC while the app runs on the device and uses it's internet connection. I've tried both Work Connection and Internet, Automatic for "the computer is connected to" setting. Please suggest solutions. ...

Make Default

How do I delete pages in Excel? Keeps printing blank pages at end.
I'm printing charts in Excel. Some of them are adding blank pages at the end of the charts. How do I get rid of these? Several ways: 1) Change the location of the chart to have its own sheet. Do this by right clicking the chart, go to "Location" and putting it on it's own sheet. Then you should be able to print it by itself without any white stuff. 2) Make sure that the page breaks are defined well. Go to View -> Page Break Preview . From there, you can move around the blue lines to determine your page breaks. Then, when you're printing it, make sure that you c...

Proper use of ON_CONTROL
Im working on a custom control but I can't make heads or tails out of how to use this macro to map the messages the control sends. According to MSDN, this is the proper syntax: ON_CONTROL( wNotifyCode, id, memberFxn ) Parameters wNotifyCode The notification code of the control. id The command ID. memberFxn The name of the message-handler function to which the command is mapped. From what little i have been able to piece together through the MSDN website, these forums, and the documentation that came with VC++, it seems like I should be using WM_COMMAND as the wNotifyCode, and ...

Excel VB application
I am working on a VB script with the goal to import data from a raw file (using userforms) into the spreadsheet. Is it possible to develop this in Excel AND create it as an EXE file? Thank you in advance for any help. NJ Excel cannot produce executable (EXE) files. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "Neil Jones" <nj@dev.null> wrote in message news:#hiTBqB6KHA.5464@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I am working on a VB script with the goal to import data from a raw file > (using userforms) into the spreadsheet. Is it possible to develop this > in Excel AND creat...

How can I create a formla using date ranges
How can I create a formula that will do this: = IF cell A2 ="m" and if cell D2 is between 5/19/06 and 6/20/06 than cell E2 ="June" + if A2 = "m" and D2 is between 6/21/06 and 7/18/06 than E2 = "July" and so on? This is the formula I used: =AND(A2="m")*IF(D2=38854:38888,"June")+AND(A2="m")*IF(D2=38889:38916,"July") I either get an #Value!, or some other error. Please help! If June / July is your only concern, then: =if( A2 <> "m", ___whatever happens if A2 is not m____, if( and(D2>3885...

Hook type to use
I need to prevent HQ from changing the primary supplier at the store level. We have stores in multiple states....they often carry the same items but will get them from different suppliers. However, if a primary supplier is changed in HQ and a 250 then processed for one store, if I ever process a 250 for that item and send it to another store, it will change its primary supplier. Will Hook: 10 SaveSupplier allow me to prevent 250's from overwriting primary supplier for each store? Hooks only work within POS and SO Manager. There are no HQ Hooks, and I don't believe that HQClien...

verify that an email was read without using a receipt
I'm trying to check to see if there is away that a message was read by the receiver that did not send a read receipt. In news:20181391-62B0-4CFD-95D6-C2323D435B06@microsoft.com, RCNellis <RCNellis@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I'm trying to check to see if there is away that a message was read > by the receiver that did not send a read receipt. Ask them, or see whether they did the thing that you asked them to do in the message you sent. :) ...

Keep losing Outlook.pst File
I am running Outlook XP with all current service packs & updates installed on XP Pro PC which all works fine, except that I seem to lose my outlook.pst file every few months for no apparent reason. I have configured all autoarchiving to NO ARCHIVING so I don't think this is my problem. When I search PC for OUTLOOK.PST it ca't be found. Can anyone shed some light on how to fix or stop this happening & where the file is going. JohnT wrote: > I am running Outlook XP with all current service packs & > updates installed on XP Pro PC which all works fine, > excep...

making a transfer show up in the budget

Corrupt file after Money Crashed
I was using MS Money '05 when my computer suddenly shut down / rebooted due to some sort of power surge in my house. Regardless, the next time I tried to open my money file (My Money.mny) a window popped up that said "Money has detected that you did not close the file "My Money" before exiting. Money now needs to verify the information in your file. If your file is large, this may take a few minutes. Do you want to do this now?" When I click "YES" the progress bar goes to about 25% then an error message pops up saying "The e-mail address or pas...

how do I set up outlook for home use?
How do I set up my microsoft outlook e-mail for home use? Contact your ISP for your mail account settings (or import them from Outlook Express if you have it setup there.) Install your profile and account settings and you are good to go. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, dauexghouse asked: | How do I set up my microsoft outlook e-mail for home use? ...

Organizing workbooks using file folders
Hi I need some some help with organizing workbooks. If anyone can give me an idea about how to organize workbooks through file folders, I would appreciate it Hi ~X Could you be a bit more specific please? What is that you need to do -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Use the propertyInfo to setValues
Hello. I am using the propertyInfo type. dim pi as propertyInfo pi = myClass.getType().getProperty("myPropertyName", BindingFlags.Public Or BindingFlags.Instance) myPropertyName may be any property, such as borderLevel, etc. I want to set myPropertyName to a specific value, as propertyGrid does (I mean - by sending it a string). I see there are methods : getGetMethod, and getSetMethod - Are those method the property editors ? Can I use those method to solve the problem ? How can I do that ? Thanks :) On 21/06/2010 13:45, Mr. X. wrote: > I am using...

Using a COUNTIF statement with an AND operator
I'm using Excel 2003 so I hope I'm not limited here. We are performing a space usage survey and I need to compile the data results. Each location has 70 entries over the course of 10 days. I have a column for "group work" where the value is either 1 or 0. I have another column for # of people observed in a particular office. What I'm trying to do is the following: Get a count of instances where "# of people" = 1 and "group work" = 0 I'm doing a lot of countif statements, but I don't see how to do a countif with an and operato...

variable for current owner? (want to use to create new "My" view)
I want to create a new view which is just like "My Active Contacts" but with an additional filter criteria. I want the results to vary by user. So instead of creating separate views for each user (Tom's Active Contacts in MA), it would change itself per user and the new view would be "My Active Contacts in MA". The results would be all active contacts in MA who are owned by the current user. How do I specify to use the current user in the Filter criteria? All help much appreciated! -Sarah In the View editing window (Settings > System Customization > Con...

Template Files in Word 2007
I have a template that I would like to be available for every document that I open in Word 2007. The template contains both Macros and Styles. With Word 2003 I used to put the file in the startup folder. Do I do the same with Word 2007 or do I save everything to my Normal? -- marcia Macros will work from a template in the startup folder, but styles must be in the document template. It was the same with Word 2003. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web...

Lotus 1-2-3 file with Excel 2003
We could always open Lotus 1-2-3 file with Excel 2003. However, now I get a message saying " You are attempting to open a file type that is blocked by your registry policy settings." Microsoft's solution http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938810 This works if we add the reg keys to current user but we are looking for a solution that would apply to all users. When we add the keys to the default user it doesn't work. Any suggestions? Jim <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... >We could always open Lotus 1-2-3 file with Excel 2003. However, now I get a >mes...

Sending Email without using Smart Host
We have Exch2000. We used to use Earthlink as our dial-up ISP and configured the SMTP connector to "Forward all mail through this connector to the following smart host: with the Earthlink SMTP info as: smtpauth.earthlink.net In order to get a broadband connection, we switched to using an EVDO card (Aircard for Mobile BroadBand) from are wireless carrier who does not provide SMTP mail server capability. Our incoming mail (POP3) has always been hosted by our webhost based on our domains (CompanyNameA.com;CompanyNameB.com). What are our options to send email..such as setting up a free gmai...

Opening Office 2007 files using Office 2003 suite
Hi, I am using Office 2003 Professional version. Up until recently I was able to convert and open Office 2007 files using Office 2003. I had some computer issues recently and had to reinstall some software. I reinstalled Office as well as the converter but when I click on 2007 files nothing happens. Therefore I am stuck asking everyone who sends me a file to dumb it down for me and it is a real hassle. I am not real tech savvy so anything you can do to help is appreciated. Thank you! "redskins1" <redskins1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

making tickets

One use unabel to access Outlook webmail
I have a costumer that are running small biss 2003 with exchange. all are abole to read there mail throw outlook webmail except for one. we have tried changing her password, she is inn all the same groups as the others and she has outlook web enaboled as the other users. Any suggestion? What happens when she attempts to logon? Are there corresponding entries in the event logs? Nue "hans jacobsen" <hansjacobsen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73BF4D97-67B6-4C45-9BE6-6D3DFB2AE7B6@microsoft.com... >I have a costumer that are running small biss 2003 with e...