How do I hide #VALUE! error text

I've tried as per the help to use conditional formatting and that
doesn't hide the text.

I've tried adding =IFERROR to my formula and it tells me there's an
error in the formula where I've added ,"",

My formulas are =INT(MID($B5,1,(SEARCH("M",$B5,1))-1))
and
=(MID($B5,(SEARCH("M",$B5,1))+1,(SEARCH("C",$B5,1))-1*((SEARCH("M",
$B5,1))+1)))

I'd rather not use script thanks.
0
nickw7coc (31)
7/29/2010 3:07:49 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You need to get at the source of the error. If the cell does not
contain "M" then SEARCH will return an error, so this can be trapped.
Your first formula would become:

=3DIF(ISERROR(SEARCH("M",$B5)),0,INT(MID($B5,1,(SEARCH("M",$B5))-1)))

although you could use LEFT instead of MID in this case. Also, you
might want to return "" instead of the 0 in the middle.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jul 29, 4:07=A0pm, NickTheBatMan <nickw7...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've tried as per the help to use conditional formatting and that
> doesn't hide the text.
>
> I've tried adding =3DIFERROR to my formula and it tells me there's an
> error in the formula where I've added ,"",
>
> My formulas are =3DINT(MID($B5,1,(SEARCH("M",$B5,1))-1))
> and
> =3D(MID($B5,(SEARCH("M",$B5,1))+1,(SEARCH("C",$B5,1))-1*((SEARCH("M",
> $B5,1))+1)))
>
> I'd rather not use script thanks.

0
pashurst (2576)

Hiding "0" values in pivot table

Cannot Create File When That File Already Exists Installation Error
Hi, I'm running a test install of MSCRM on a VPC and I'm getting an error message that says Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ConfigureServiceVirtualDirAction failed. Cannot create a file when that file already exists. It gives me the option to Retry, which immediately fails and displays the error again, and to Cancel, which will end the installation process early and show me a log, but the log doesn't say what file it is attempted to create that already exists. The VPC is the latest one (not the one that's coming out right NOW, but the last one). The server is running on S...

Hiding formuals in cells question

Errors
I get the following problems in Outlook 2007 Professional new installation with Windows 7 ultimate O/S - 1) When I try to import a Personal folder from another .pst file of same Outlook 2007 version it gives me an error "The Messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists restart Outlook". This error never goes off even after restart. 2) Trying to add new Outlook data file through Data File Management after selecting type of storage for new outlook data file as Office Outlook Personal Folders file and selecting the specific .pst file it g...

excel error
run excel, error : "This program has performed an ilegal operation, and will be shutdown. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor" what happen ? please help me? regards Sus ...

hide my name

elunknown error
on first look the windows live mail seems like a very nice email application, however the "unknown error " that prevents me from deleting junk and having it disappearor becomming stuck as a permenant outbox item is becomming enough of an agravation that i will soon return to outlook or even thunderbird. I have followed instructions to work offline and configure advanced settings in tools to work around this, but i do not wish to do this daily. Is there a permenant fix for this? thanks "Elijah" <Elijah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Combine cells and keep the values
Hello all. I comment you a strange thing that makes my Excel (Office 2003 SP2). (Perhaps is a piece of nonsense and I have reinvent the wheel) In the range ‘A1:A10’ of an empty worksheet I write several values (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10). In the cell ‘A11’ I put `=Average(A1:A10)'. (Result = 5.5) I select the range ’B1:B10’ and with `Format - Alignment', I combine the cells. I copy the combined range ‘B1:B10’ and in A1 I made a Special Paste - Format (if I combine A1:A10 directly does not work) The range ’A1:A10’ is combined and shows the value that was in A1 (1) but it conserves...

need to display maximum value of corresponding values in excel
Hi, I have a requirement to display the maximum scored students based on the marks. i can able to display only one student if more than one scored the same marks i want to display there name also. example sl.no studentname mark 1 john 90 2 paul 95 3 sam 80 4 michel 95 using this formula =INDEX(B:B,MATCH(MAX(C:C),C:C,0)); i can able to display the value only "paul". i want to display both paul and michel. Please help us on this. Thanks in Advance. --- frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.excel.misc/ 95 =MAX((G1:G21="paul")*...

Excel startup bug: VBA Run-time error 76??
Help, please. Yesterday, Excel started giving me error messages whenever I start it up. I uninstalled Office 2000, reinstalled it, and I still get the same error. Here is what happens. MS Visual Basic displays a dialog box that says: Run-time error '76': Path not found When I hit the debug button, it highlights (in yellow) the following line of code: lengthOfFile = Filelen(registryValue) What should I do to fix this annoying problem? Steve Delete the ZZZ. It keeps spam off the server. Start it with a switch "C:\program files\microsoft office\office\excel.exe" /...

Hiding and Un-Hiding Data fields

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

Inserted images and pasted text is the wrong color in publisher.
When I insert a picture (jpg) from file or scan it in, it places it as a green picture even though I scanned as a full color. Also copied black text, when pasted into publisheris pasted in green? Am I missing a default setting. Everything I try to insert or past is green. Have you looked to see if there is an updated video driver lately? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "CaryK" <CaryK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DB4633E-93FF-44DF-B237-0B2E6DC9D4DD@microsoft.com... >...

adding values of cells
I am trying to use a formula or function that will look at a cells say column A check for a condition, if true, then add the value of another cell that is on the same row to another cell. Yes I know that may be difficult to understand so let me give you an example. A B C D 1 2 dvd 25.23 3 cd 12.25 4 dvd 25.23 5 cd 12.25 6 bat 19.25 ok so what i want to do is look at column A, and look for any cells that have dvd and add the corresponding value from column D to cell B1. So in this case we can see the cell A2 and cell A4 is dvd so I want to add cells D2 and D4 and that...

Oulook client installation error
After trying to install CRM 4.0 outlook client (no offline), the program raise an error. After investigating the problem (logs), he fails on the following function: GetDecryptionKey This returns an null value. Even if I create a GetDecryptionKeyRequest and launch it to the webservice, I return a null value. When I try this on another server (other environment), I receive a string (key). I hope someone can help me to give hints where to look for the problem. ...

Graph line graphs where X & Y values meet
Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me or tell me that this isn't possible. I have a chart that has 3 series in it. It is a reach and frequency distribution based on client spending. It draws the Line Graphs perfectly. I was wondering though that if a user could input their desired spend, Excel could then draw another line graph (like a 90 degree angle) to show where they would fall on the graph. Is this even possible? Are there better add-ons or programs for Excel that can do what I want? I mean, I can manually draw the meeting point lines but I would rather have something au...

Property Default Value
Hello, I have a class with two properties: public String DefaultCulture { get; set; } public String Cultures { get; set; } What is the correct way to define a default value for each one if they are not defined? Thanks, Miguel In the class constructor, you can set the values to whatever you need. But, since you won't have a property backing field using this syntax, you'll have to set the default value directly on the property. -Scott "shapper" <mdmoura@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c3cfb0a0-8478-40e4-83ad-8998abf4f812@36g2000yqu.googleg...

PO Printing ERROR
I am facing problum in printing the Purchase order after approval. When i open any PO and try to print it by pressing PRINT button it shows an error like "Run Time Error 13, Type Mismatch" and Quit form RMS Manager Plz any one help me out from this problum. Regards, Naveed ...

Hide images when Hiding Rows

Error while including <occi.h>
Hello all, Actually i am developing an application in c++ to insert data into oracle database and i am facing a problem while running the program after including Oracle c++ call interface header file occi.h.Can anyone help me about the solution of that problem.The error which occered is given below. thank you e:\oracle\ora92\oci\include\occicontrol.h(1132) : error C2995: 'getVector' : template function has already been defined e:\oracle\ora92\oci\include\occicommon.h(425) : see declaration of 'getVector' e:\oracle\ora92\oc...

syncronization error from outlook 2002 & active sync
when attempting to sync my pocket pc w/ outlook 2002 (windows xp-prof), i get two messages from outlook: 1. (microsoft outlook): no profiles have been created. to create a new profile, use the mail icon in the control panel. then i press ok, and i get the following: 2.(microsoft outlook syncronization): sync. cannot be completed because your personal information manager is not running. ensure your pim program is running, and try to syncronyze again. if your pim program is running, restart your desktop computer. i had created those profiles, but the problem persist. please advice. t...

Sumif where source values are assigned by "if" formula
I am trying to sum the values in a column (Q20:Q300) based on an assigned designation in another column (N20:N300). The destination cell is Q11. The criteria value is found in cell N11. Values in cells Q20:Q300 are assigned via an "if" condition dependent on a value assigned in column "O". When I place the placed the following formula in my destination cell (Q11), it returned a value of "0" which is incorrect. My assumption is that the formula is recognizing the numeric value in column Q as text and is not adding properly. formula in Q11 ... =sumif(N20...

charting calculated values #2
The cells for future months contain formulas which give values of zer until data is entered on other linked sheets -- dp ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dpj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=149 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27225 ...

Text is Truncated With String Variable
If I do this: Dim theTxt as String theTxt = Activesheet.Cells(1,1).Text for some reason the text (which is actually 1849 characters long) is truncated to 1024 characters. If I do this: Dim theTxt as Variant theTxt = Activesheet.Cells(1,1) I get the complete text string from the cell. Can someone tell me why these two approaches are giving me different results? Thanks, Eric One uses the .text property, the other uses the default property (.value). EricG wrote: > > If I do this: > > Dim theTxt as String > > theTxt = Activeshee...

Hiding a worksheet #3