How do I create Check list

1.I am new to excel and want to create a simple check list. I would like to
have the first column check boxes and then the following columns discription
and notes. Can someone give me a step by step on how to do this. I have
created spread sheets but am not familiar with check boxes.

2.Also, Can someone tell me the difference between Access and Excel?

0
geek1668 (53)
10/12/2003 3:08:34 AM
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Geek

1) Not sure what you're aiming to do with the checkboxes, but if you right
click on the toolbar area, you will get a list of available toolbars.  You
want either the 'forms' toolbox or the 'controls' toolbox.  Generally those
from the 'forms' toolbox are easier to handle for a novice, but the activeX
controls from the 'controls' toolbox are more feature rich. You simply click
on the checkbox and draw it on the worksheet, re-sizing it with the handles.

2) Excel is a spreadsheet, which is to be used predominantly for
calculation, analysis, what-if scenarios and charting.  It is limited as a
database because it has only 256 columns and 65536 rows, although it is
similar in as much as it has rows (records) and columns (fields), similar to
a database.  Access is a database, able to collect huge quantities
(millions) of records in multiple tables, which can then be linked (form
relationships), to make a true relational database.  It displays and
collects data by means of forms and reports.  Both products are easily
integrated however, so you can collect huge quantities in Access and send it
to, or bring it into XL, (or Word for that matter), for analysis,
calculation or charting.  All of the se operations are far easier in Excels
environment (IMHO)

The differences could go on for ever, but that's just a short example.  It
never ceases to amaze me what XL is used for, much of which is driven by
it's relative ease of use, however, if you can get to grips with Access's
relative perceived complications, they work great together in their own
'domains'

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Geek" <geek@geek.com> wrote in message
> 1.I am new to excel and want to create a simple check list. I would like
> have the first column check boxes and then the following columns
discription
> and notes. Can someone give me a step by step on how to do this. I have
> created spread sheets but am not familiar with check boxes.
>
> 2.Also, Can someone tell me the difference between Access and Excel?

0
nick_hodge (41)

Default Price Lists
Hi Does ayone have advise on what the best practice is with regards to creating a default price list in a situation where all pricing will be user provided? I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or advice. Many Thanks I need to do the same thing. It's driving me nuts trying to get around it! If anyone can help, that'd be great. Mark Braithwaite wrote: > Hi > > Does ayone have advise on what the best practice is with regards to creating > a default price list in a situation where all pricing will be user provided? > > I would greatly appreciate any suggesti...

create a roster

Print Autocomplete list
I am using Outlook 2003 and have been unable to find out any way of viewing and printing a copy of all of the entries in the Autocomplete list. Is this possible? A reference to a helpfull article or tutorial would be appreciated. TIA There's this tool which may help: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/outlook_nk2_autocomplete.html "KiwiBrian" <briantoz@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:h99lja$fdl$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... > I am using Outlook 2003 and have been unable to find out any way of > viewing and printing a copy of all of the entries in the Autocomplete > lis...

Task Create - Status

Check to see if a formula is correct
I want to do something like this Sub Macro1() If Range("A1") =(=B1 + B2) Then ' This is a formula Exit Sub Else Range("C1").Select 'Has correct formula Selection.Copy Range("A1").Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlFormulas End If End Sub How do I do this? Hi Try Sub Macro1() If Range("A1").HasFormula Then Exit Sub Else Range("C1").Copy Range("A1").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlFormulas Application.CutCopyMode = False ...

Distribution List Max Number of Recipients
Does anyone know what the maximum number of recipients allowed in a distribution list is in Exchange 5.5 Thanks. "L. Wagoner" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does anyone know what the maximum number of recipients allowed in a distribution list is in Exchange 5.5? It's somewhere in the vicinity of 5,000. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

Create external database

Spell Check #5
On some replys I get "Spell checker was unsuccessful. Do you still want to send?" We are using Outlook 2002 and Exchange 2000 Thank you for any help Shelley So, what is the question? On some emails you mis spell amd some you don't. Thom It say it was Unsucessful.. It did not say Spell check complete >-----Original Message----- >So, what is the question? On some emails you mis spell >amd some you don't. > >Thom >. > I sent the message "hi" and got the same message here - just started today. Any real help Thom? ...

How to create pie chart with %

I check "windows in task bar", after restarting, it is no longer c
In Excel if I check "windows in task bar", (Tools, Opions, View Tab) after I have restarted the machine this option is now unchecked. I have unchecked "Group Similar Task Bar Buttons" in my Task Bar Properties What version of excel are you running? There's a bug in xl2k that shows up if you're working with shared workbooks. If you're not using xl2k and shared workbooks, it sounds like you don't have permission to save this setting in your windows registry. I'd talk to my IT folks to find out if they can fix it. but.... Saved from a previous post....

when form created

Select items from list and show in text box
I want to be able to select an items from a list I have setup and have them show in a text box (possibly with the aid of a select button). Could someone please explain to me how to do this as I have no idea about Visual Basic and macros don't work? Thanks in advance Jeanette You can create a dropdown list with data validation: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Or, create a combobox on a UserForm: http://www.contextures.com/xlUserForm02.html rosscojet@tiscali.co.uk wrote: > I want to be able to select an items from a list I have setup and have > them show in a ...

changing the message list in outlook 2003
i just upgraded from office 2000 to 2003. in the message look in outlook, it separates the messages by date. is there any way to turn this off, so i just have a long list of messages? Right click on the header in the message list, uncheck "show in groups." --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Lee Benningfield asked: | i just upgraded from office 2000 to 2003. in the mess...

Creating a Brochure

3rd party product for reconciling checks
We are on GP 10 and I have a question. We just began receiving our cleared checks from Chase bank in a file and I was wondering is there any way we can automatically import into GP directly to clear all the checks in this file. Is there a 3rd party product involved? Any input would be greatly appreciated. We have about 4,000 employees so this is a tiresome task for someone to do . THanks Barb BK, You can always look into Microsoft Dynamics GP's Electronic Reconcile, a part of the Electronic Banking suite. There are a few third parties out there: - Advanced Bank Reconciliatio...

Next Check Number
Is there any way to set the number used for Next Check Number in a bank account register. My problem is that I use one checkbook at home and my wife and I each carry checkbooks. The checkbook at home, which I use most frequently, happens to have the lowest check numbers. As soon as I entered a check from one of the other books, Next Check Number keeps using that (the highest number so far) as the basis for Next Check Number and I have to manually enter almost all of my check numbers. (I recently switched from Quicken where the corresponding function always used the most recently en...

How to create Access macro shortcut

Manual payroll check does not appear in GL's
Hi... We processed a manual payroll check for one of our companies and we have an issue with it not appearing in GL's That check appears does appear in Payroll and checkbook. I am not sure what could have caused this to happen but is there a way we can fix this issue? Any help on this one will be much appreciated. Thank you, Hetal. ...