how do I copy a range to a new sheet

Now that I this group solved my problem of flagging dates of my club members
as "expired", how would I automatically copy all of the members that are
expired to a new worksheet so I can use this for a mail merge?

I would need to check the condition of the expired column, YES or NO, then
copy the yes's name and address columns only to a new page.

TIA

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Why not just add that column and when you use mailmerge, just include the
records with that flag set the way you need?

If you really want to copy the rows, you could apply Data|Filter|Autofilter and
filter to show just those members who are expired (bad choice of words!).

Then copy the visible rows to the new worksheet.  Then come back and delete the
visible rows you don't need.

(I like the mailmerge option better.)

Another option would be to add that flag column, sort your data by that column
and copy and paste from that nice contiguous group of rows.  (6 of one, half
dozen of the other...)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

how can you re-number multiple sheets 'automatically'?
I have a large worksheet with a large number (100+) of sheets that I would like to rename/renumber and don't want to do it one-by-one. I.e. change from Sheet 1, Sheet 2, etc to just 1,2,3,.... If your sheets are named Sheet1, Sheet2 etc without the spaces shown in your post then you can use a macro like this to change the names: Sub ChangeNames() Dim i As Integer For i = 1 To Sheets.Count If Left(Sheets(i).Name, 5) = "Sheet" Then Sheets(i).Name = Mid(Sheets(i).Name, 6 _ , Len(Sheets(i).Name) - 5) End If Nex...

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

print a date range from parameter query on a report header?
I am printing a report based on a date range. The user inputs the start and End date for the report (parameter query). How do I print the Start and End dates on a report header. IMO, parameter prompts are never good user interface. There is no functionality or error checking. I much prefer using controls on forms for ALL user interaction. You can use the parameters in control sources as if they were fields. For instance: Control Source: ="From " & [Enter Start Date] & " To " & [Enter End Date] or Control Source: ="From " & Forms...

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Looking for a tool to repair corrupt excel sheet files
I am looking for a tool to repair corrupt excel sheet files. Any body knows? See also post http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/dc040b0756273b62/9a108194fe01016e?lnk=st&q=aa+arens&rnum=1#9a108194fe01016e Bart Excel 2003 Hi Bart, Don't know how you corrupted your file, but from the description it seems you data is fine until you reenter data (F2+Enter would cause a reentry). If the sheet is really corrupt it would be more a matter of retrieving what data you can. From your description it sounds like someone selected all the cells on the ...

Secondary Copy

local copy of mail

Email trouble with New User in Active Directory
Below is a trail of posts that have been made. My problem has yet to resolved and I need some help quickly. The only other thing I can think of is to reinstall Exchange Server 2003. Hopefully someone will know the answer. Thanks! Subject: Re: Email not Setup when new user created in Active Directory From: "Bryan Hill" <bthill@comcast.net> Sent: 8/15/2004 12:30:21 PM We have other clients that are working fine. Just when we try to set up new ones - it will create the SMTP address but not the X400 address. I tried manually forcing the X400 but it will...

Outlook 2000 SP3

Calculate max value in specific range
Hi all, I've got a table with specific date values (start & end dates) like this: 3/23/00 Start 3/26/00 End etc. note: the length of days will vary from time tot time. -- I also have a table with all date values and corresponding numbers, like this: Column: A B Row: 1 3/23/00 1101.16 2 3/24/00 1106.16 3 3/25/00 1143.07 (=MAX) 4 3/26/00 1137.54 -- How can I calculate the max value from all those corresponding numbers between a Start- & End date? (1143.07 in this case) I've already tried the Vlookup and Max function but that only refers to 1 value (as...

Copy picture ossice wizard

Moving Outlook to a new computer #2
I am trying to move my Outlook 2003 to a new computer and can not see how to move all of my customization with it. For example, the catagories additions I made and all of the rules I set up for lables. Can someone point me to an article that gives you the details? Thanks ...

create pivot table from multiple sheet (excell 2003)
as understood, excell 2003 have row limit...but, currently i have data that more than the row limit... so, i split my data to 2 separate worksheet...the column name for each worksheet same.. my question, how can i create one pivot table from the two worksheet...i've tried using the wizard n consolidated data but failed.... thank you vm.. Maybe you could try creating the pivot directly from the Access source table (which doesn't have the 65k row limitations) In Excel, in a new sheet, Click Data > Import External data > Import data Navigate to where the Access file is >...

Create New Report
Hi there, To set the scene, i'm using web client of 4.0, and i'm not a programmer. Currently, out-of-the-box functionality allows you to run a report called "Quote" which presents the data in a good format, almost good enough to hand to a customer. What I need is this report, but with our logo's embedded, and a few fields added/moved/removed, but i can't figure out how to edit layout options or content options, and I can't even seem to create a similar report from scratch (as they all appear to relate to exisitng XML reports out of the box). I'll be...

subtotal copy and paste

Deleting Range name's listed in the range address box.
In Excel, in the top corner of the application there is a box which list the name of a select range (e.g F19 etc..). when I use the querytables method to import a CSV onto a worksheet. This range address box, has the name of the data I have imported. when I use clear, or qyertytables delete to remove the imported data - I am unable to remove the name of the data appearing in the drop-down list for the range box. Is there anyway to delete this ? or is it not a problem ? I am concerned because I this rangelist seems to fill up pretty quickly with imported data ranges.. Choose Insert&...

Copying graphs

MS exploere question:open link in new window
is there a quick way to do "openin link in new window"? other than right click and select open in new window? is there something like "control and left click"? thanks : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Create New Category
This may seem eccentric, but I want to create a new sale type. I want it to operate like a Layaway. Basically it would be identical to a Layaway only I would be calling it something else and I would like to give it a short cut in the POS screen by utilizing either the Shift + FN or Ctrl + FN keys. We are currently using the Layaway, Quote, Work Order, and Backorder so we need another category. I hope I am making sense. I just want to see if anyone has tried something like this before or would I be wasting my time. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Neil Can you explain why you ne...

move crm 4 to new server
What is the most efficient path to move a CRM 4 installation to a new server. The steps I plan to take are: 1. Backup/move databases to new server 2. Use Deployment manager to point new server 3. Install CRM 4 on new server 4. Delete databases and CRM app from old server Are there any steps I am missing? You dont need the deployment manager . I have done so many times and the simple thing is : 1 =Take the backup of isv.config 2. move databases to the new server 3= install the crm while pointing to the existing CRM databases. 4. import the isv /Aamir ...

Copying Views