how do I add 2.5 hours to a column of data

right now I have one column (C) of data with a custom format of

h:mm AM/PM

I would like to create a  D column of column C plus 2.5 hours

how do I format this?

....Lisa

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Lisa,

The formula would be
=C2+TIMEVALUE("2:30:00")

It will probably automatically apply some inappropriate date-time format.  Do Format -
Cells - Number tab - Time, and select the time format you want.

--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com
"Lisa Hetherington" <gerry.lisa@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> right now I have one column (C) of data with a custom format of
>
> h:mm AM/PM
>
> I would like to create a  D column of column C plus 2.5 hours
>
> how do I format this?
>
> ...Lisa

0
someone798 (944)
3/2/2007 12:40:38 AM
You need to realise that time is stored by Excel as a fraction of a 24-
hour day, so 12 hours is stored internally as 0.5, 6 hours as 0.25
etc. So, to add 2.5 hours onto a time, you must convert the hours into
the same format by dividing by 24, thus:

=C1+2.5/24

The result will probably take the same format as that in C1 - you
might like to use a custom format of [h]:mm, which will stop the wrap-
around of hours if the total is greater than 24.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Mar 2, 12:34 am, "Lisa Hetherington" <gerry.l...@sympatico.ca>
wrote:
> right now I have one column (C) of data with a custom format of
>
> h:mm AM/PM
>
> I would like to create a  D column of column C plus 2.5 hours
>
> how do I format this?
>
> ...Lisa

0
pashurst (2576)
3/2/2007 12:44:07 AM
That works!!

Thanks Earl

....Lisa
"Earl Kiosterud" <someone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Lisa,
>
> The formula would be
> =C2+TIMEVALUE("2:30:00")
>
> It will probably automatically apply some inappropriate date-time format.
> Do Format - Cells - Number tab - Time, and select the time format you
> want.
>
> --
> Earl Kiosterud
> www.smokeylake.com
> "Lisa Hetherington" <gerry.lisa@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>> right now I have one column (C) of data with a custom format of
>>
>> h:mm AM/PM
>>
>> I would like to create a  D column of column C plus 2.5 hours
>>
>> how do I format this?
>>
>> ...Lisa

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

Excel Add Ins

Get/Change Operation #2
I have a company that was converted from V9 that now has a Get/Change Operation on table GL_Account_MSTR. Details: [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Invalid column name 'ACTNUMBR_5'. [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Invalid column name 'ACTNUMBR_6'. [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Invalid column name 'ACTNUMBR_7', etlc. This occurs in Purchasing/Transaction Entry and Distributions Button. It appears the account framework is not synchronized with the rest of the system. Again, thanks in advance. Steve Steve, This happens when you ...

DateDiff Calculation -hours & minutes
Hi there I have a query with a formula to calculate the number of hours a load has taken. It is: =DateDif("h",[Startloaddatetime],[FinishLoaddatetime]) it shows the number of hours rounded up to the nearest hour. I want it to show the minutes as well. Is there a way to do this, if so, how is it done? -- Thank-you! Ruth Ruth, Try one of these: http://www.pacificdb.com.au/MVP/Code/Age2.htm http://www.pacificdb.com.au/MVP/Code/Diff2Dates.htm Regards, Graham R Seach Microsoft Access MVP Sydney, Australia "Ruth" <Ruth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Add on

Unable to Open Integration Manager #2
I am using Integration Manager 10.0. When I try to open Integration Manager through Microsoft Dynamics - Tools - Integrate - Integration Manager, nothing happens. I looked through my Integration Manager 10.0 folder under Program Files - Microsoft Dynamics and I do not see the im.exe file. How do I get into Integration Manager through GP. Thanks, Christin ------=_NextPart_0001_67E29012 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Cristin, This is Rob and I will be assisting you with this issue. The first thing that I would have you check is whether you are registered for ...

highest number #2
Hi, Let's keep the problem simple. I have one cell that uses an exchange rate from the internet. That cell changes every minute. What I want to do: In an other cell, I want to keep the highest exchange rate ever. So for example: 6:00 exchange rate = 5.00 -- highest exchange rate is 5.00 6:01 exchange rate = 4.98 -- highest exchange rate is 5.00 6:02 exchange rate = 5.02 -- highest exchange rate is 5.02 6:03 exchange rate = 5.01 -- highest exchange rate is 5.02 6:04 exchange rate = 5.03 -- highest exchange rate is 5.03 Of course nor for any minute I use a new cell, it just change the n...

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Dynamic Lists #2
hi again, the code i used in name range is =OFFSET(SETUP!$C$197,0,0,COUNTA(SETUP!$C$197:$C$233)) as suggested i also tried =OFFSET(SETUP!$C$197,0,0,SUMPRODUCT(MAX((SETUP!$C$1:$C$233<>"")*(ROW(SETUP!$C$1:$C$233))))) it still shows all blank entries in the combo,i.e the name range i still from 197 to 233 not restricting itself to where the value end -- Nandh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Nandhu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1586 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread....

Format text to add character

Rank a Column + 1 cell from 2nd Col
I have 6 columns: A B C D E F 274 1 269 ? 279 ? 275 2 270 ? 280 ? 276 3 271 ? 281 ? 288 4 283 ? 293 ? Column B represents a simple 'Rank' of Column A In the first row of column 'D' I want the rank of the 269 in relatio to the figures in column 'A' which equals 1. I also want the rank o 270, 271 & 272 in relation to their position on Column 'A' - whic would equal 1, 1, 4 In Column 'F' I want the rank of those figures in 'E' relation to th values of column 'A'. Which would equal 4, 4, 4, 5 Any help would ...

Replace Exchange Server #2
I need to replace my Exchange Server. What's the best way to do this? Is there a way that I can do this and still maintain the name of my current server on the new server (obviously not at the same time). Andy On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 08:29:02 -0700, Andy Siegel <AndySiegel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to replace my Exchange Server. What's the best way to do this? Is >there a way that I can do this and still maintain the name of my current >server on the new server (obviously not at the same time). > >Andy Replace it with what? I am actually...

Identify *.dqy file in Excel #2
Hi, We have some excel files which connects to a ODBC data source (Oracle db) Some of those excel spreadsheets we are not able to edit the data source any longer(which should have brought us into Ms query) What happens when we try is that Ms query opens very shortly and then closes again before we can see the query that have been build) My question is now - is there some way that we can identify what data source (the name of the dqy file) that is used in excel...? Thanks Henrik ...

Add File menu to custom toolbar

add a DC in a LegSite

Custom Button #2
Hi I need help to creat custom Button for some of my item code/Item description What sould I put on Comand ? Hello: http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/RetailManagementSystem/rms_create_custom_button.mspx Wilfredo "Gill" wrote: > Hi > I need help to creat custom Button for some of my item code/Item description > What sould I put on Comand ? Don't know if you found your answer but this is how you do it: Leave ItemID as 0 and just put in the ItemLookupCode, if you want a Matrix put in the MatrixLookupCode. PerformAddItem 0, ITEMLOOKUPCODE, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0 Rob ...

excel add-ons

Outlook 2003 / Exchange 5.5 Prompting Password
Our user and computer accounts are in an AD domain and our Exchange 5.5 Servers are in an NT domain with a two way trust to the AD user domain. Intermittently, Outlook 2003 will prompt for a username and password for the mailbox as though the trust is lost, though users are still able to access file servers in the NT domain which proves that the trust is OK. I have used AD Domains and Trusts to validate that the trust is fine both ways. Most of the time, Outlook 2003 opens fine, but when the prompts start appearing, it seems I need to restart the netlogon service on the AD domain contro...

How do i access microsoft excel on windows xp? #2
I recently purchased a pc that came with windows xp home. I thought the microsoft excel programme would come with it, but i can not find it anywhere. Does this mean i have to purchase it seperately? Yes; or as part of Microsoft Office. "ayanda" wrote: > I recently purchased a pc that came with windows xp home. I thought the > microsoft excel programme would come with it, but i can not find it anywhere. > Does this mean i have to purchase it seperately? ...

Exchange 5.5 database size
Hi, I have exchange 5.5 + SP2 on NT 4.0 + SP6. We do take normal backup and I can see the time and data (in bytes) backed up daily are showing the heigher numbers. On looking at ..\imcdata I found following are the size of my databases are Priv.mdb - 5766152 KB Pub.mdb - 1160200 kb Will some body please let me know that what the maximum size in Exchange 5.5 a Priv.mdb can go and what is the max size a pub.mdb can grow to. Thanks in advacne to all Gurus. Sys Admin Exchange standard edition is limited to 16 gigabytes for the priv.edb and 16 gigabytes for the pub.edb... Exchange enterp...