How can I install Excel 95 on a new Windows Vista machine ?

For historical and educational reasons, I want to install Excel 95 on
a brand new HP PC, which comes shipped wth Vista.

Can I install Windows XP somewhere on it (which does support Excel 95
(ie Version 7) )  ?  The outcome of this ambition matters very greatly
to me..
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Couple of ways to go.

1.  Install Virtual PC.....downloadable from Microsoft site........and put WinXP
and Excel 95 on that.

2.  Partition your HDD and install WinXP on that partition giving you a
dual-boot.

Maybe ask over in the microsoft.public.virtualpc  or
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general news groups.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 10:02:34 -0700 (PDT), charles.jordan@btopenworld.com wrote:

>For historical and educational reasons, I want to install Excel 95 on
>a brand new HP PC, which comes shipped wth Vista.
>
>Can I install Windows XP somewhere on it (which does support Excel 95
>(ie Version 7) )  ?  The outcome of this ambition matters very greatly
>to me..

0
Gord
3/22/2008 5:33:44 PM
Hi,

Does Vista not have the Program Compatibility Wizard that was
introduced with XP?
This allowed XP to run as 95, ME, 2000 whatever was needed
to run any particular program. I'd be very surprised if they have
dropped that functionality.

In XP it is found under Start>Programs>Accessories>Program Compatibility
Wizard

HTH
Martin

<charles.jordan@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> For historical and educational reasons, I want to install Excel 95 on
> a brand new HP PC, which comes shipped wth Vista.
>
> Can I install Windows XP somewhere on it (which does support Excel 95
> (ie Version 7) )  ?  The outcome of this ambition matters very greatly
> to me..

0
mtmw (348)
3/22/2008 9:32:51 PM
Pls post in ONE place only to avoid confusion.
I have vista home premium and installed xl95 for compatibility of old
customers. I just recorded a macro and it worked. Although I hardly use xl95
anymore it seems to work except for no help. xl97 seems to be a bit more of
a problem but xl2003 fine.
Why can't I get Help from this program?

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which was used
in previous versions of Windows and it is not supported in Windows Vista.

For more information, see Windows Help program (WinHlp32.exe) is no longer
included with Windows on the Microsoft support website.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
<charles.jordan@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> For historical and educational reasons, I want to install Excel 95 on
> a brand new HP PC, which comes shipped wth Vista.
>
> Can I install Windows XP somewhere on it (which does support Excel 95
> (ie Version 7) )  ?  The outcome of this ambition matters very greatly
> to me..

0
dguillett1 (2488)

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Can't send/receive

Can not Customize Leads View

repetitive windows update
Despite my Outlook 2007 is correctly installed and working, from several days I am receiving KB980376 security update, that is unable to install as "unable to find the related product". Any idea on how to stop this bothering routine ? I tryed to install manually with Windows XP Pro safe install : no result! Thanks Manlio ...

Bulk attachments

Excel's calculations are off a few cents!
I can't figure out why my TOTAL for $ column is off from 1-5 cents. When I check the amounts going across, they are correct, but the amount at the bottom of the column is off!! What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I have to manually check all Excel's figures. View more decimal places Natalie, does it still add up incorrectly?? I'm guessing your summing calculated values, that are viewed at less precision than calculated. You can use ROUND(formula, #decimals) to make the calculations round to the precision you desire, or you can set "Tools&q...

audible click when opening a new window.
I know I should be able to find this somewhere but I can't seem to figure it out. When I open a new folder or window there is a "click" sound that the computer makes. How can I turn this off? Thanks! Amadeus Try: Control Panel-Sounds "Start Navigation" and "Complete Navigation" are the relevant items. ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows -Internet Explorer http://dts-l.com/index.htm On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 13:56:27 -0700, in microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics, Amadeus <Amadeus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I kno...

Can't delete email #2

Can Not Reply To Emails

Cannot install lame mp3 on vista x64
Hi, Somebody gave me advice to do: 1. Opening up a command prompt by typing "cmd" in the run box and pressing Ctrl+Shift+Enter (to run as Administrator). 2. Changing directories to sysWOW64 ("cd C:\windows\syswow64") 3. Typing the following (example_path replaced with the actual path to the extracted files), then hit enter: rundll32.exe setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 0 c:\Temp_Folder_Path\codecXXX.inf I did everything and it was looking that it was installed but still in my VirtualDub this codec doesn't exist. Can someo...

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

Can not archive

How do i convert excel to csv in command line? ( not save as)
I am trying to automate a system which needs the files in csv format. Is there any way to convert excel to csv in command line, instead of the usual 'save as'? PS: If you know any UNIX utilities too, please mention. F1, No way I can think of from the command line. You could write an Excel macro that controls the whole process. Open a file, save as csv, close, next file, loop. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "F1" <F1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B67ACCB6-CC54-4B5E-...

Convert Excel
How do I convert a database in Excel into Access? Thanks Hi Sue, It depends what you mean by "database". Usually it's fairly simple to move the data from Excel worksheets to Access tables, but anything else - searching, sorting, reporting, validation... - has to be re-created using Access's tools. In general, start by creating a new Access database, then import the data from the Excel workbook. Often, an Excel "database" benefits from being split into two or more related tables in Access; see "About designing a database" in Help - and there's a Ta...

It is possible to install some programs from 2003 with some from 2
I have a student/home edition of Office 2007 and I'd like to install Access from Office 2003. Would that work? Yes, ensure you do a custom install, selecting only Access; however the MS advice is to install earlier component first, update then install later version, but you should be ok "Paul Blay" <PaulBlay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B549DE7-5E88-4498-BD63-58063A211923@microsoft.com... > I have a student/home edition of Office 2007 and I'd like to install > Access > from Office 2003. Would that work? Thank you! ...