How can I add a warning meassage to a macros designed to delete/insert a Row?

every time when a row (or a cell in a certain range) in a shared
worksheet is to be deleted or inserted, I want a warning message. But
how?

Thanks.

Zean

0
coollao3 (1)
3/8/2006 12:47:15 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

How to get ride off this warning ?
Hi: I have a string resource defined. I need to pass this string ID to another function like this: void foo (UINT string_id) { CString str ((LPCTSTR)string_id); } During comiling, got error at casting ((LPCTSTR)string_id. But it works fine. Just wonder, how to get ride off this warning? Thanks In Advance! Polaris use reinterpret_cast<LPCTSTR>(string_id) > Hi: > > I have a string resource defined. I need to pass this string ID to another > function like this: > > void foo (UINT string_id) > { > CString str ((LPCTSTR)string_id); > } > ...

Inserting charts into many workbooks
Hi, I'm using Excel 2007 and am pretty new to VBA. I have a folder with 40 or so workbooks- all with the same worksheet table format. The worksheets are huge (20 000 + rows, 50 or so columns). I need to open a workbook, make several fully formatted graphs, then insert the same graphs into every workbook , updated them with that workbooks' data. Any ideas on code for this? This isn't fully automated, but it will save some time. In one workbook, create the chart and format it to your specs. Then paste the chart into another workbook, and use the utility linked to i...

Can't use Merge feature
If I have a postcard file I've already made on the screen, when I try to pull up the "Merge" feature under Tools, it is shaded grey and I can't open it. It insists that I either form a new database list of addresses or edit the one that I want to merge. I don't want to edit the one I want to merge. I just want to MERGE it. If, however, I have just a postcard template on the screen (without it having been made into anything), I CAN pull up the "merge" feature under Tools. It is not shaded out. How do I un-shade the "merge" feature? To merg...

Convert single colum/multiple rows to multiple colums.
Hi, I have a .dat file when opened with Excel it has 1 column and 7 rows per entry. I would like to delete some rows and convert the rest to something like. Any chance this can be done. It's quite large. 51,793 rows. TIA Jeff Col 1 Col 2 Col 3 Name Date Lenny Kravitz - 2000 - Greatest Hits -- Table: {2} { "music" "Name", "06/04/2008", "Lenny Kravitz - 2000 - Greatest Hits", }, --Table: {3} etc. etc. ...

Deleting a half sent message
Sorry, forgot to say that I have Outlook 2003:) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Insert an autofiltered range into another tab
I'm am having an issue when trying to insert a range from an autofilter on one sheet to another. The range has to be inserted above rows that have data in them. When I use the insert.shift:xldown, it only moves down the first column. TIA, Sub B_CreateTabs() Dim rngE As Range Dim lngLastRow As Long Dim mgrval, lobval, shtval As String mgrval = "myself" lobval = "dept" shtval = mgrval & "-" & lobval Windows("Mybook.xls").Activate Sheets(shtval).Select Sheets(shtval).Copy After:=Workbooks("Mybook.xls&quo...

can you tell me what an error 920 is?
I'm trying to save a visio file out as a jpeg, or gif, or png. I keep getting the error with no explanation of what the error means - any help is appreciated You can go to the following link and it explains the issue you are having and how to fix it: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=295691 "Julie" wrote: > I'm trying to save a visio file out as a jpeg, or gif, or png. I keep > getting the error with no explanation of what the error means - any help is > appreciated > > > ...

can you see what i am writting?

Deleted exchange 5.5 site not replicating over the ADC to Exchange 2000 side
We are a part of a shared Exchange 5.5 organization but our site is primarily Exchange 2000/2k3. We maintain a single 5.5 server as the rest of the Org is 5.5. The problem we are seeing is when the folks who control the Organization at the top level remove a site that is no longer used, that deletion is not carrying over the CONFIG_CA agreement to the Exchange 2000/AD side. Our Exchange 5.5 server executes the deletion with no issue. Any ideas on why this deletion is not replicating properly over the ADC and throught the SRS database? In the past we have manually removed the sites/recipie...

How can I choose alternate rows in a column?
My requirement is to be able to create a column whose elements consist of difference between adjacent elements in a column, say column A. If I can choose alternate elements and create 2 new columns then I can just subtract the 2 columns easily. Huh? "pnair" <pnair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D47AD012-084B-49C6-8672-5067E8455D9E@microsoft.com... > My requirement is to be able to create a column whose elements consist of > difference between adjacent elements in a column, say column A. If I can > choose alternate elements and create 2 new colum...

How to get a macro to do what i want?
I have designed a form in Excel and the data that is inputted i want to be able to save in a separate worksheet. The problem i am having is that eveytime i record the macro, it over writes the same row each time (if that makes sense). For example if i copied every cell in the form and paste them into the database Row 1, i then want the new piece of information inputted into the form to go into Row 2 and then Row 3 etc.... But it keeps going into Row 1, it wouldnt move down the rows. Hopefully this makes sense to someone and someone can give me some advise. Calculate the last row ...

Summing distinct rows in same cell
Sorry for the bad title I'm not sure hte best way to sum up this issue. Fruit Price Total Apples 0.69 40 Bananas 0.34 38 Lemons 0.55 15 Oranges 0.25 25 Apples 0.5 10 Pears 0.59 40 Almonds 2.8 10 Cashews 3.55 16 Peanuts 1.25 20 Walnuts 1.75 12 Apples 0.5 5 Given the data above I'm trying to sum the totals for only the Appl rows. So basically I need to search the Fruit column find the row that have "Apples" and then sum their corresponding Totals, giving m 55. I've been playing with this for hours with Lookups and Indexes bu am not really getting anywhere. Also, I can...

HELP
We have an application that is used by over 8000 people worldwide. One of our users is just starting to have the following problem: Run-time error '-2147467259(80004005)': Method 'Add' of object 'CommandBarControls' failed I have read that this problem can be caused by trying to open the file in Internet Explorer. The user has told me that she has tried opening MS Excel and then the .xls file and she still gets the same problem when the file is trying to open. She is the only one that has had this problem. Could there be something wrong with her Excel settings or som...

Can't Stop External Hard Drive
I have a Western Digital 250 gb external hard drive connected via USB port. I am also running Outlook 2007, which I believe has a function searchindexer.exe that searches all my drives to index the files on them. I want to be able to unplug the drive without first turning off my computer. But I get messages saying that the drive can't be stopped. It used to be that if I stopped searchindexer.exe, I could stop the drive. But that's stopped working. Here are two questions: 1. What is preventing me from stopping the drive?; 2. What is the worst that can happe...

Insert Static Date as part of Macro
I've built a nice macro, but I want it to insert the date it is run in an empty cell within the macro's range. When working within a spreadsheet, Ctrl +; returns the system date, but I can't figure out how to put that command into a macro. The macro recorder editor shows that the system recognizes the entry as the current date, not a function that returns the current date. The now() or today() functions are both dynamic ... they change with the system date. That's not acceptable in this situation. I need to seen when the macro was run. Thanks for any help, Ralph di...

Macro to apply alternate grey/white shading to selected paragraphs
Dear Experts: I would like to do paragraph shading using grey shading alternately. Example: this is a sample text This is another sample text This is yet another sample text This may be the last paragraph acquiring grey shading This is the penultimate paragraph This is the last paragraph With these 6 paragraphs selected, I would like to run a macro which applies grey shading alternately to the selected paragraphs, i.e. grey/ white (no shading) alternately. Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas Use Dim oRng As Range For i = 2 T...

Macro Security, Password Recovery & VB Code execution
I have found that if I set my macro security to high, VB code within (non-trusted) excel sheets do not execute... a microsoft security feature that ostensibly prevents non- trusted users from running VB The questions I have are : Is there a way to guarantee VB macro-execution using digital certificates or what-have-you ? Is there a way to detect, either within excel (well, not possible, it seems) or from outside, that the combo of users macro-security settings and signature status of a perticular excel file, WILL prevent VB from executing, if the file is attempted to opened ? ...