Highlight a cell that is a duplicate

Hi

I have a column where each cell has a number. There may be duplicates. Let's
say A4 is 365. And A34 is 365. I would like to highlight the duplicate value
in A34 but not in A4. If 365 is also located beyond A34 I'd like to
highlight that as well. Is this possible?

Thanks

0
bradp_xx (6)
3/22/2012 5:17:01 PM
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I think I got it.

I turned on CF for the second cell in the range of cells within the column.
I used this formula:  =COUNTIF($B$9:$B10,$B10)>1  and applied a colour
background.

I copied that cell and pasted the formats only for the range I am using.
Testing it shows that the first value that has duplicates is not coloured
but any duplicates below are.

"Brad P" <bradp_xx@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have a column where each cell has a number. There may be duplicates.
> Let's say A4 is 365. And A34 is 365. I would like to highlight the
> duplicate value in A34 but not in A4. If 365 is also located beyond A34
> I'd like to highlight that as well. Is this possible?
>
> Thanks

0
bradp_xx (6)