Hiding rows with VBA

Hi all,

In my sheet called "insertsheet I have this VBA:
(thanks to some users of Google groups)

        Const nMAX As Long = 10
        Dim nRows As Long

        Application.ScreenUpdating = False
        With Me
            With .Range("B8")
                If Intersect(Target(1), .Cells) Is Nothing Then Exit
Sub
                nRows = .Value
            End With
            .Range(.Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _
                        .Columns.Count)).EntireColumn.Hidden = True
            .Range(Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _
                        nRows * 2 + 5)).EntireColumn.Hidden = False
        End With
        With Sheets("Dataprocessing").Range("23:23")
            .Resize(nMAX).EntireRow.Hidden = True
            .Resize(nRows).EntireRow.Hidden = False
        End With
        With Sheets("List & Media").Range("25:25")
            .Resize(nMAX).EntireRow.Hidden = True
            .Resize(nRows).EntireRow.Hidden = False
        End With
        With Sheets("Briefing").Range("31:31")
            .Resize(nMAX).EntireRow.Hidden = True
            .Resize(nRows).EntireRow.Hidden = False
        End With
    End Sub

Everytime B8 is changing some rows and colums are hiding.
Now I want to hide some rows in sheet called "Dataprocessing"
39 & 56 when B8 in "insertsheet is 2
41 & 56 when B8 in insertsheet is 3...
etcetera

Who can help me out of this??

THANKS!

Regards,
BL

0
blommerse (55)
3/5/2007 10:32:56 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    If Target.Address <> "$B$8" Then Exit Sub
    With Sheets("Dataprocessing")
        Select Case Target.Value
            Case 1:
                .Rows(39).Hidden = True
                .Rows(56).Hidden = True
            Case 1:
                .Rows(41).Hidden = True
                .Rows(56).Hidden = True
            'etc
        End Select
    End With
End Sub

--
---
HTH

Bob

<blommerse@saz.nl> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> In my sheet called "insertsheet I have this VBA:
> (thanks to some users of Google groups)

>        Const nMAX As Long = 10
>        Dim nRows As Long
>
>        Application.ScreenUpdating = False
>        With Me
>            With .Range("B8")
>                If Intersect(Target(1), .Cells) Is Nothing Then Exit
> Sub
>                nRows = .Value
>            End With
>            .Range(.Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _
>                        .Columns.Count)).EntireColumn.Hidden = True
>            .Range(Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _
>                        nRows * 2 + 5)).EntireColumn.Hidden = False
>        End With
>        With Sheets("Dataprocessing").Range("23:23")
>            .Resize(nMAX).EntireRow.Hidden = True
>            .Resize(nRows).EntireRow.Hidden = False
>        End With
>        With Sheets("List & Media").Range("25:25")
>            .Resize(nMAX).EntireRow.Hidden = True
>            .Resize(nRows).EntireRow.Hidden = False
>        End With
>        With Sheets("Briefing").Range("31:31")
>            .Resize(nMAX).EntireRow.Hidden = True
>            .Resize(nRows).EntireRow.Hidden = False
>        End With
>    End Sub
>
> Everytime B8 is changing some rows and colums are hiding.
> Now I want to hide some rows in sheet called "Dataprocessing"
> 39 & 56 when B8 in "insertsheet is 2
> 41 & 56 when B8 in insertsheet is 3...
> etcetera
>
> Who can help me out of this??
>
> THANKS!
>
> Regards,
> BL

0
bob.NGs1 (1661)

    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    If Target.Address <> "$B$8" Then Exit Sub
    With Sheets("Dataprocessing")
        Select Case Target.Value
            Case 1:
                .Rows(39).Hidden = True
                .Rows(56).Hidden = True
            Case 1:
                .Rows(41).Hidden = True
                .Rows(56).Hidden = True
            'etc
        End Select
    End With
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

--
---
HTH

Bob

<blommerse@saz.nl> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> In my sheet called "insertsheet I have this VBA:
> (thanks to some users of Google groups)

>        Const nMAX As Long = 10
>        Dim nRows As Long
>
>        Application.ScreenUpdating = False
>        With Me
>            With .Range("B8")
>                If Intersect(Target(1), .Cells) Is Nothing Then Exit
> Sub
>                nRows = .Value
>            End With
>            .Range(.Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _
>                        .Columns.Count)).EntireColumn.Hidden = True
>            .Range(Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _
>                        nRows * 2 + 5)).EntireColumn.Hidden = False
>        End With
>        With Sheets("Dataprocessing").Range("23:23")
>            .Resize(nMAX).EntireRow.Hidden = True
>            .Resize(nRows).EntireRow.Hidden = False
>        End With
>        With Sheets("List & Media").Range("25:25")
>            .Resize(nMAX).EntireRow.Hidden = True
>            .Resize(nRows).EntireRow.Hidden = False
>        End With
>        With Sheets("Briefing").Range("31:31")
>            .Resize(nMAX).EntireRow.Hidden = True
>            .Resize(nRows).EntireRow.Hidden = False
>        End With
>    End Sub
>
> Everytime B8 is changing some rows and colums are hiding.
> Now I want to hide some rows in sheet called "Dataprocessing"
> 39 & 56 when B8 in "insertsheet is 2
> 41 & 56 when B8 in insertsheet is 3...
> etcetera
>
> Who can help me out of this??
>
> THANKS!
>
> Regards,
> BL

0
bob.NGs1 (1661)
3/5/2007 11:36:43 AM
Thanks Bob for your reply.
Now I get something like this!
[...]

        If Target.Address < "Insertsheet" > "$B$8" Then Exit Sub
        With Sheets("Dataprocessing")
        Select Case Target.Value
            Case 1:
                .Rows(39).Hidden = True
                .Rows(56).Hidden = True
            Case 1:
                .Rows(41).Hidden = True
                .Rows(56).Hidden = True
        End Select
    End With
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Is this the right way??

0
blommerse (55)
3/5/2007 12:16:22 PM
No, not really.

I see you are still using the old code to hide rows on Dataprocessing. I had
assumed that was now redundant.

Also, this line

        If Target.Address < "Insertsheet" > "$B$8" Then Exit Sub

is syntactically incorrect. Again, I assumed this code was bhind the
Insertsheet worksheet, so no need to specify that. All that is needed is

        If Target.Address <> "$B$8" Then Exit Sub

allowing for the previous point of course.

--
---

> Thanks Bob for your reply.
> Now I get something like this!
>        Const nMAX As Long = 10
>        Dim nRows As Long
>
>        Application.ScreenUpdating = False
>        With Me
>            With .Range("B8")
>                If Intersect(Target(1), .Cells) Is Nothing Then Exit
> Sub
>                nRows = .Value
>            End With
>            .Range(.Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _
>                        .Columns.Count)).EntireColumn.Hidden = True
>            .Range(Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _
>                        nRows * 2 + 5)).EntireColumn.Hidden = False
>        End With
>        With Sheets("Dataprocessing").Range("23:23")
>            .Resize(nMAX).EntireRow.Hidden = True
>            .Resize(nRows).EntireRow.Hidden = False
>        End With
>        With Sheets("List & Media").Range("25:25")
>            .Resize(nMAX).EntireRow.Hidden = True
>            .Resize(nRows).EntireRow.Hidden = False
>        End With
>        With Sheets("Briefing").Range("31:31")
>            .Resize(nMAX).EntireRow.Hidden = True
>            .Resize(nRows).EntireRow.Hidden = False
>        End With
>
>        Application.ScreenUpdating = False
>        If Target.Address < "Insertsheet" > "$B$8" Then Exit Sub
>        With Sheets("Dataprocessing")
>        Select Case Target.Value
>            Case 1:
>                .Rows(39).Hidden = True
>                .Rows(56).Hidden = True
>            Case 1:
>                .Rows(41).Hidden = True
>                .Rows(56).Hidden = True
>        End Select
>    End With
>    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
> End Sub
>
> Is this the right way??

0
bob.NGs1 (1661)
3/5/2007 1:35:07 PM
OK,

Now I try to do this VBA:

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
        If Target.Address <> "$B$8" Then Exit Sub
        With Sheets("Dataprocessing")
        Select Case Target.Value
            Case 1:
                .Rows("39:56").Hidden = True

In cell B8 of my insertsheet you can fill in 1 till 9.
So when B8 is 1, row 37:38 are visible, rows till row 56 hidden
When B8 is 2, row 37: 40 are visible, rows till row 56 hidden
When B8 is 3, row 37:42 are visible, rows till row 56 hidden.

I think I didn't give you the right/anough info.

Please can you help me again??
Thanks

0
blommerse (55)
3/5/2007 2:10:39 PM
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
        If Target.Address <> "$B$8" Then Exit Sub
        With Sheets("Dataprocessing")
        Select Case Target.Value
            Case 1:    .Rows("39:56").Hidden = True
            Case 2:    .Rows("41:56").Hidden = True
            Case 3:    .Rows("43:56").Hidden = True
'etc.

--
---

> OK,
>
> Now I try to do this VBA:
>
> Application.ScreenUpdating = False
>        If Target.Address <> "$B$8" Then Exit Sub
>        With Sheets("Dataprocessing")
>        Select Case Target.Value
>            Case 1:
>                .Rows("39:56").Hidden = True
>
> In cell B8 of my insertsheet you can fill in 1 till 9.
> So when B8 is 1, row 37:38 are visible, rows till row 56 hidden
> When B8 is 2, row 37: 40 are visible, rows till row 56 hidden
> When B8 is 3, row 37:42 are visible, rows till row 56 hidden.
>
> I think I didn't give you the right/anough info.
>
> Please can you help me again??
> Thanks

0
bob.NGs1 (1661)
3/5/2007 5:05:22 PM
Morning Bob,

Me again...
It almost work perfect.
The Rows have to resize when B8 is another number.
Now when I put 1 in B8 it works, but when I put 2 in B8, nothing
happened.
Can u help me for the last time (I hope) :)

Thanks

0
blommerse (55)
3/6/2007 9:28:03 AM
Maybe you need to unhide themn all first in case some hidden from last time

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
        If Target.Address <> "$B$8" Then Exit Sub
        With Sheets("Dataprocessing")
        .Rows("1:" & .Rows.Count).Hidden = False
        Select Case Target.Value
            Case 1:    .Rows("39:56").Hidden = True
            Case 2:    .Rows("41:56").Hidden = True
            Case 3:    .Rows("43:56").Hidden = True
'etc.

--
---

> Morning Bob,
>
> Me again...
> It almost work perfect.
> The Rows have to resize when B8 is another number.
> Now when I put 1 in B8 it works, but when I put 2 in B8, nothing
> happened.
> Can u help me for the last time (I hope) :)
>
> Thanks

0
bob.NGs1 (1661)
3/6/2007 10:04:55 AM
Thank you very, very much Bob for all your work.
Regards,

B. Lommerse

0
blommerse (55)

deleting blank rows for up to 60000 rows of data
I have worksheets with up to 60000 rows in one column I have tried using the following macro from this site and it does not do anything. Any ideas?: Sub Sonic() Dim i As Long With Application .Calculation = xlCalculationManual .ScreenUpdating = False Lastrow = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count For i = Lastrow To 1 Step -1 If WorksheetFunction.CountA(Rows(i)) = 0 Then Rows(i).EntireRow.Delete End If Next i .Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic .ScreenUpdating = True End With End Sub Hi, The code works f...

Hiding "0" values in pivot table

Compile VBA script to make it portable to other computers
Hi, I made a Word VBA script, which doing various operations on file and headers, footers, etc and i want to move it to other computers. How this can be done? Is there a way to compile script? "huk" <piotr.huk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:44e8e2b7-34ef-479f-8509-db99cef04571@l19g2000yqb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I made a Word VBA script, which doing various operations on file and > headers, footers, etc and i want to move it to other computers. How > this can be done? Is there a way to compile script? Distributing macros to other users http://...

Hiding formuals in cells question

hide my name

Automatically Highlight Every Second Row in Excel
Hi, I would like to know if there is any way to have excel automatically highlight every second row in a sheet to make it easier to read accross the row? Thanks GW Can you use conditional formatting? If yes, see Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm NHB wrote: > > Hi, > > I would like to know if there is any way to have excel automatically > highlight every second row in a sheet to make it easier to read accross the > row? > > Thanks > GW -- Dave Peterson ec35720@netscape.com ...

Fixing a row number for an item
Good evening all. I have trawled through google, but to no avail - maybe I was not precise enough. Any assistence here would be most appreciated. I have a simple table as below: A B 1 Reference Cost (�) - Headers 2 115 89 3 102 25 4 026 56 5 012 99 6 155 22 7 102 12 Now I sort the table - descending (B) - (I stipulate a header row). However I wish to be able to re-sort, to...

Excel startup bug: VBA Run-time error 76??
Help, please. Yesterday, Excel started giving me error messages whenever I start it up. I uninstalled Office 2000, reinstalled it, and I still get the same error. Here is what happens. MS Visual Basic displays a dialog box that says: Run-time error '76': Path not found When I hit the debug button, it highlights (in yellow) the following line of code: lengthOfFile = Filelen(registryValue) What should I do to fix this annoying problem? Steve Delete the ZZZ. It keeps spam off the server. Start it with a switch "C:\program files\microsoft office\office\excel.exe" /...

Hiding and Un-Hiding Data fields

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

How to get rows from 4 diff permitations??
Hi All Wondered if you could help. I have 2 tables of data like so: PUPILS PID PNAME 1 Fred1 2 Fred2 3 Fred3 4 Fred4 LEVELS TID PID YEAR TERMID MATHSLEVEL READLEVEL 1 1 2006 0 W1 W2 2 2 2006 0 1B W4 3 3 2006 0 W1 W2 4 4 2006 0 2C 5A 5 1 2007 1 W1 W2 6 2 2007 ...

Hiding a worksheet #3

VBA write macro change column with 3 number digits to 4 digits the
-- James Do you mean Sub Macro() Range("D1:D10").NumberFormat = "0000" End Sub -- Jacob "James C" wrote: > > -- > James Use the white space (here) to record details of your requirements - don't try to put it all in the message header. Pete On Jan 25, 1:51=A0pm, James C <Jam...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > -- > James Thanks for your response -- James "Jacob Skaria" wrote: > Do you mean > > Sub Macro() > Range("D1:D10").NumberFormat = "00...

Hide images when Hiding Rows

how to hide an ActiveX control?

Hiding plot Area

Hiding rows with VBA
Hi all, In my sheet called "insertsheet I have this VBA: (thanks to some users of Google groups) Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Const nMAX As Long = 10 Dim nRows As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False With Me With .Range("B8") If Intersect(Target(1), .Cells) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub nRows = .Value End With .Range(.Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ .Columns.Count)).EntireColumn.Hidden = True .Range(Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ ...

date mask via vba?
Anyone have any code to simulate a date mask on a Word form that works like a date mask on an Access form. i.e. slashes are automatically entered as user types a date in the format mm/dd/yyyy If this is a protected form field, set its property type to Date and apply a mask. Protect the form, then any valid date input will be converted to match your mask. No vba required. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http:/...

hiding rows
I have data in cells A7:DK394 which all have 0 in them until totals are added in other worksheets which then pullthrough. At the end of the week I have to Hide all rows from A7 to A394 that still have 0 in them as no totals have been added in other sheets so the customer has not posted with us. is there any way excell can recognise the cells that have no data against them and hide them automatically by pressing a button. or if they all start off hidden unhide as data is entered. Hopefully this makes sense many thanks for any help with this as again its to save me lots of...

Return a name in the same row
I have a 2 sheet spreadsheet. I want a formula to match a cell in column A of sheet 1 to a matching cell in column a of sheet 2 and return a name form the same matching row in column C of sheet 2. I have searched for this formula and cannot find it. Please help. Scott Sheet 1 CustNum 1 9 9 9 9 10 10 11 11 11 11 11 14 14 30 38 38 40 50 50 50 50 Sheet 2 CustNum ShopNum LastName 1 5 Name one 2 5 Name two 5 53 Name three 7 57 Name four 8 8 Name five 9 9 Name six 10 10 Name seven 11 11 Name eight 12 340 Name nine 13 12 Name ten 14 13 Name eleven...

Outlook-hiding recipients addresses
How do you send a mailing to a distribution list without exposing their email addresses to the other recipients? Put the DL name in the BCC field and put your own address in the TO field. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > How do you send a mailing to a distribution list without > exposing their email addresses to the other recipients? ...

Hide contacts
I must hide some contacts from GAL excepted for 2 user that must to see them and select to send email. If only 2 users need a Contact, why not have them create it in their Contacts folder? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "MauroR" <MauroR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DAC0E2E9-7389-49F0-8736-3B9251DBB274@microsoft.com... >I must hide some contacts from GAL excepted for 2 user that must to see >them > and select to send email. Th...

How do I hide email addresses in outgoing mail
Hint: You post your question in the body of the post, not the Subject. Hint 2: Use the BCC field. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2C2A70C-6C94-4688-8BAF-0A50AC9C142D@microsoft.com... > "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2C2A70C-6C94-4688-8BAF-0A50AC9C142D@microsoft.com... > PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject Have a look here: http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm As posted here MANY MANY times - put them in the BCC...

Insert rows in Excel Ledger problem
I am using a ledger for simple accounts, Date, Name, Service, Amount and Total. The far right column keeps a running total. I have however omitted some data and am trying to add rows in various places in date order. I can insert the rows no problem, however, the final right hand cell remains blank and will not update the total. I have tried the format painter which works for all cells but the last, the format bar is greyed out along with anything else I thought I could use to solve the problem. I have tried adding the data on the last row and dragging it up to where I want it but as ...

new row insert on data entry
I am relatively new to excel. Im developing a quoting tool using excel that consists of a number of drop down lists. What i want to do is when i select something from a drop down list, a new row will automatically be inserted underneath my selection. This feature will give me the option to continue adding entries without having to insert rows manually. Also, when a new row is inserted, i would like all the formulas associated with the previous row to be preserved in the new row. Any help is greatly appreciated. Depending on the version of excel, you may find that: tools|options|Edit...