Hiding "0" values in pivot table

In a worksheet I have a listing of stock records with ItemNumber, Date,
StockLocation and NumberOnStock. When I make simple Pivot Table with
ItemNumber and StockLocation as rows and select a Sum of "NumberOnStock"
I would like to hide rows where the sum is "0". But this does not seem
to be possible.

Tried to follow the guidelines in the Microsoft article:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP051998791033.aspx#Hide%20zero%20values%20in%20a%20PivotTable%20report
But no luck :-(

Mogens
0
mail1633 (9)
5/19/2006 6:26:45 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You could use conditional formatting on these cells - highlight the
cells, then Format | Conditional Formatting and choose "Cell Value Is"
, "Equal to" and 0 (zero), then format the foreground colour to be the
same as the background colour (usually white). Click OK, then the zero
values should no longer be visible (though they are still there).

Hope this helps.

Pete

0
pashurst (2576)
5/19/2006 12:27:12 PM
Pete_UK wrote:
> You could use conditional formatting on these cells - highlight the
> cells, then Format | Conditional Formatting and choose "Cell Value Is"
> , "Equal to" and 0 (zero), then format the foreground colour to be the
> same as the background colour (usually white). Click OK, then the zero
> values should no longer be visible (though they are still there).
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Pete

Thanks Pete, but this was not exactly what I was after. The problem is
that I occasionally move items between stock locations, and then the
pivot-table gradually grows because it shows a value for the new stock
location and a "0" for the old location. This makes it pretty chaotic
for the warehouse guys.

Mogens
0
mail1633 (9)
5/19/2006 2:24:38 PM
what sounds like a similar question was asked in..
http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=525257

--
steven1001
steven1001's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30757

Three Primary partition in wince 6.0.
Hi All I am creating application for format a disk using wince 6.0. I followed the MSDN instruction for CreatePartition and format the disk in different FAT it's working fine But I have some doubt --------------- 1. How to create three Primary partition ? 2. How to Set primary partition as "Active" at any one of the primary partition. 3.How to CreatePartition for exFAT and TFAT ? I have set the following manner in my code "exFat" "FORMAT_OPTIONS pfo" pfo.dwFatVersion = 64 ; pfo.dwFlags = FATUTIL_FULL_FORMAT | FATUTIL_FORMAT_EXFAT - is it ...

Garnishment in 9.0
I see instructions to set up garnishment in 10.0 that will not exceed 25% of gross pay less allowable deductions but does not look like it was possible in 9.0. Am I missing something or just need to manually calculate and enter until we upgrade. -- Cathy You are correct about the need to upgrade. The feature was introduced in v10. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Cathy" wrote: > I see instructions to set up garnishment in 10.0 that will not exceed 25% of > gross pay less allowable deductions but does not look like it was possible in > 9.0. Am I missing something or just...

Hiding "0" values in pivot table

CRM 3.0 / Oulook 2003
Hello Every1, I am looking for doc or manual which explains in details about integration of outlook 2003 and MS CRM I had currently SBS 2003 Box with Exchange 2003 & CRM installed and configured. I am facing an issue related to CRM, i find activities under Outlook (CRM PST) but when i check same on CRM Web i see nothing in same client. can any1 point me what could be issue :-)? Regards, Sunil ...

CRM 3.0 with Exchange 2007
We are currently on CRM 3.0 and Exchange 2003 utilizing the email router. We plan on upgrading to Exchange 2007, but remain on CRM 3.0. Everything I have been reading informs me that CRM 3.0 email router cannot be installed on Exchange 2007 and must remain on Exchange 2000/2003 (I understand you can use the hotfix for forwarding rules, etc... to Exchange 2007). With the release of CRM 4.0, and forgive me if this is a silly question, could we install the CRM 4.0 email router on Exchange 2007 (so we can get rid of our Exchange 2003 server) and still be able to use it with our CRM 3.0 i...

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

deletion service in 4.0
I can't find a deletion service for CRM 4.0 and from everything that I've read, it appears that it has been lumped into the Async service. We are having a problem where our deleted records are being deleted from the tables. The Async service is running and I don't see any errors in the event viewer. Does anyone know how to get this running? No compendo:- "We are having a problem where our deleted records are being deleted from the tables" Thats the idea, isn't it? "Jeanenne" <Jeanenne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90D625FF-...

Interfund not working on 8.0
We own Intercompany, so are registered for Interfund. We have 6 locations. I have setup interfund to use the segment in our GL for location. I have created 6 balance sheet accounts as a due to / due from account for each location. I have activated Interfund. I have entered a cash receipt for a customer from Location A (ie posted to that location's Sales and A/R) and used chequebook from Location B. The entry is DR Cash Location B, CR A/R Location A. The entry is unbalanced for the Interfund segment. Why did it not automatically enter an entry to CR Location B Due To and DR Lo...

return min. of range except 0
What formula should I use to return the minimum no. in a range of numbers, except 0? e.g. 1, 4, 7, 0, 6, 8 The min should be 1 and not 0. One way: =SMALL(A1:A6,IF(MIN(A1:A6)=0,2,1)) -- Jim "Melissa" <Melissa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:87692A0B-60A3-4C44-9258-CA461C160B23@microsoft.com... | What formula should I use to return the minimum no. in a range of numbers, | except 0? | e.g. 1, 4, 7, 0, 6, 8 | The min should be 1 and not 0. =min(if(a1:a10<>0,a1:a10)) or if there's a chance you won't have any non-zero numbers: =IF(COUNT(A1:A10...

GP 6.0 Service Packs?
Does anyone have the latest service pack for GP 6.0? I know, I know... but I have a client that is still working on 6.0. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

.net 2.0 and CRM 1.2
Hello, Is it possible to make coexist .net 2.0 and CRM 1.2 on the same server ? Thanks, Nico you looking to use the beta of .net etc and crm on the same box. I have not heard anyone doing it although I am sure it is possible. However i would keep both systems separate. If you are building up a dev machine using virtual pc to keep both systems available but apart from each other. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Nico" <Nico@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26A873E5-2661-470B-B499-9B6D94CAEBE2@microsoft.com... > Hello, >...

Microsoft Equation 3.0
I've been experiencing errors with equation 3.0. Whenever I have been working for about an hour in Word my equations start changing their font size, position and the line hight for the following words. I've tried reinstalling... installing on another computer with a different license and a different operating system, but the error is the same. Has anyone else had this happen? PS. Is there no way of contacting microsoft without paying for it? Because paying 250USD for a product and getting 99% errors just isnt good enough. Steff, I can think of a couple of things th...

VS2005 and VS 6.0
Is there a definitive reference for how to adapt the different features in 2005 for 6.0? e.g., I can't seem to figure out how to override functions like OnPaint, etc. I see them in the class view, but when clicked they lead me to the afxwin.h file's declarations. Here's where the class wizard came in handy, I know that there's no more class wizard in .net but how to use that functionality without? I need a friggin tutorial for this... just got VS2005 and want to start re-doing my 6.0 project. For now all I want is to override member functions for the MFC classes... a...

POS 2.0 running on HP rp5000
While idle HP POS printer advance paper 2cm and cut right edge of paper about 1 inch wide. Any assistance will be appreciated. ...

Migrating Project Server 2007 from WSS 3.0 to MOSS 2007
Good morning, Does anyone have experience on how to migrate from WSS 3.0 TO MOSS 2007 ? What are the proper steps ? Any online documents that could help the migration ? Regards, Luis ...

Using a 6.0 R2 flash MDD/PDD Store with usbmsfn
Hello, I have a NAND flash driver built using the MDD/PDD model. It is working well within CE. Now I would like to expose the drive as a mass storage device using the usb mass storage function client but it doesn't work. I have been able to use other stores (sd card, ram drive) using the usbmsfn but not the flash driver. When I activate the usbmsfn and connect it to the pc, it takes a while but all I get is a drive but with an error message saying there is no disk if I click on it. I've used the debug version of usbmsfn and activated all the debug zones to get so...

Exchange 2k and 5.0.0 smtp;General communication/undefined
Hi guys, Im using exchange 2k sp3 on a 2k server sp4 , Im getting this error from mail mail server more and more often and i cant figure out why he is having such trouble sending email , so im wondering if you guys know what could cause those errors ! here is the detail error : The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but did not report a specific reason. Check the address and try again. If it still fails, contact your system administrator. < eSafe@polyform.com #5.0.0 smtp;General communication/undefined error> thanks a lot in advance ! Fred ...

Convert to Case CRM 4.0
Why is it that when i convert an email to a case from either a queue or activity it does not attach itself to the case i caonvert it to. All that needs to happen is that the regarding needs to be populated with the case details. Is this a bug? Kuven Dear Kuven, Yes you can perform such conversion while writing simple .net code / plugins. -- Regards, Imran MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Kuven" wrote: > Why is it that when i convert an email to a case from either...

HR Business Portal in 9.0
Hello: In Business Portal for GP 9.0, is it possible to generate an alert for an HR administrator to "read" that says that "'this employee' turns x today"? Thanks! childofthe1980s You might want to look at a 3rd party product called Knowledge Sync from Vinyardsoft (www.vinyardsoft.com). I have used it for several years and it is a MUCH stronger business alert system and can do what you are looking for as well as MUCH more. Richard L. Whaley Author/Consultant www.AccoladePublications.com "childothe1980s" wrote: > Hello: > > In Busines...

CRM 3.0 and firefox browser
when using CRM in the firefox browser, (with an IE plugin), we find that the comments posted by the current user do not register. When you reopen the case it shows the name header of the comment, but the comment itself is blank. Any ideas? Do you experience the same problem using Internet Explorer 6.0 (SP1) or IE 7, which are the only supported web browser? "Tim Bancroft" <Tim Bancroft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96752D04-A997-4482-8B62-F335956E6BA3@microsoft.com... > when using CRM in the firefox browser, (with an IE plugin), we find > that th...

How do hide tracking changes from various users in Word 2007
I would like to hide the tracking changes in Word 2007 as a document is passed from user to user. Presently, every time a user opens the file that I have sent them, the file opens showing all the tracking changes. I would like it to Open and not show the tracking changes and just have the user do their changes. the users are getting confused by all the markups. I have tried the procedures mentioned which are: 1) Trust Center - Privacy Options 2) remove check for "Make hidden markup visible when opening or saving" Is the procedure that I listed supposed to work? What wil...

Delete the contents of a cell if it contains #DIV/0! Automaticall.
I am building an execl sheet that holds production data. Some pieces of equipment only run occasionally and because of this they cause a #DIV/0! error. I want to be able to look through the complete range (a1:di54) of cells and whenver I find the error i want to delete the contents of the cell. I guess this is possible to do using a Visual Basic module but my experience of Visual Basic is limited. Its better to handle the error within the formula itself. If =A1/B1 returns an error change the formula to =IF(N(B1),A1/B1,"") You can try out the below macro. If you...

GP 9.0 in .Net?
Hi, I have news about this, but it is true? Because I don´t find documentation... Where can I find it? Thanks, -- Evelin. No GP 9.0 is not a .Net application. The core code is still Dexterity based. However, the soon to be released Version 9.0 Extensions will include functionality that will allow Visual Studio to use objects exposed from Great Plains. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer MBS Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com Any views contained ...

Disabling Share Point 3.0 in SBS 2008 premium
Hi, I posted a week or so ago about uninstalling SP3.0. I was informed that a better plan would be to disable it. What would be the best way to do this? Stopping the services and setting them to manual startup, or is there a way to do it via the SP admin panel? You can stop the IIS websites And like you said go into services and set them to Manual. I didn't see the other post, is there a reason why you want it stopped? (If it's memory usage, just tweak the Memory usage down on it.) Russ Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] MCP, MCPS, MCNPS, SBSC Remote Small...

[ANN] New installer for 12.0.1
MacBu released a new installer for the Office 2008 Update 12.0.1 today. This is not new Office bits to be installed, but the installer itself that was changed. This change was a result of problems experienced by some Office 2008 users having a failed update to 12.0.1. If you are one of the unfortunate few that had problems, this patch is for you. If you were able to successfully update to 12.0.1 then you do not need this patch. Continue reading for steps to properly update Office 2008 to version 12.0.1. -- Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees) Entourage Help Page <...