Hide rows with zero value?

just wondering how I would be able to hide rows on sheets if some cells are
blank? the cells contain formulas they are only blank because `zero
values` in >tools>options>view is unchecked.

I have a sheet set up to SUMIF values from about 16 other sheets, and it
returns the values depending on 72 corresponding codes, I would like to hide
any of the 72 rows of data that are blank.

the values returned will change on a week to week and daily basis, so I
would like to be able to use the same design for each new week, hope that
makes sense.

0
me9665 (83)
4/12/2004 9:57:10 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi
try something like the following:
Sub hide_rows()
Dim RowNdx As Long
Dim LastRow As Long

LastRow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).row
For RowNdx = LastRow To 1 Step -1
        If Cells(RowNdx, "A").Value = "" Then
            Rows(RowNdx).hidden = True
        End If
Next RowNdx
End Sub

hides all blank rows in column A

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Steven wrote:
> just wondering how I would be able to hide rows on sheets if some
> cells are blank? the cells contain formulas they are only blank
> because `zero
> values` in >tools>options>view is unchecked.
>
> I have a sheet set up to SUMIF values from about 16 other sheets, and
> it returns the values depending on 72 corresponding codes, I would
> like to hide any of the 72 rows of data that are blank.
>
> the values returned will change on a week to week and daily basis, so
> I would like to be able to use the same design for each new week,
> hope that makes sense.

0
frank.kabel (11126)
4/12/2004 10:16:56 AM
Hi Steven

A good way to do this is via Data>Filter>Auto Filter. Hide the un-needed
rows, then go to View>Custom Views and "Add" the View with a name like
"HideZero". Next time you need it simply show the View or Record a macro
showing it. The good thing is you don't need Auto Filters applied before
showing the saved View.

Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore!
Free Excel Forum http://www.ozgrid.com/forum ***
0
dave2624 (251)
4/12/2004 10:45:29 AM
.....or, if Colulmn "A" has the cells to check for Zero, use some code
like;

Sub HideZeros()
Dim rRange As Range
    For Each rRange In Range("A1", Range("A65536").End(xlUp))
        rRange.EntireRow.Hidden = _
        (rRange = 0 And Len(rRange) = 1)
    Next rRange
End Sub

Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore!
Free Excel Forum http://www.ozgrid.com/forum ***
0
dave2624 (251)
4/12/2004 10:53:20 AM
Dave when i high light the rows and go to data filter, autofilter is not an
option i can use.

i need something that will say look at colum I, (I contains totals of rows
B3-H3 down to B71-H71) if any of the cells from I3-I71 have a zero value,
hide row 3,4,5,6,,,,  71  etc, hope thats as clear as mud :)

"Steven" <me@where.why> wrote in message
> just wondering how I would be able to hide rows on sheets if some cells
are
> blank? the cells contain formulas they are only blank because `zero
> values` in >tools>options>view is unchecked.
>
> I have a sheet set up to SUMIF values from about 16 other sheets, and it
> returns the values depending on 72 corresponding codes, I would like to
hide
> any of the 72 rows of data that are blank.
>
> the values returned will change on a week to week and daily basis, so I
> would like to be able to use the same design for each new week, hope that
> makes sense.

0
me9665 (83)
4/12/2004 11:12:41 AM
So select just Col I (Or the cell with your header in, down to the last cell of
data), do Data / Filter / Autofilter and then Filter on 'Not Equal to 0'

--
Regards
              Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03

> Dave when i high light the rows and go to data filter, autofilter is not an
> option i can use.
>
> i need something that will say look at colum I, (I contains totals of rows
> B3-H3 down to B71-H71) if any of the cells from I3-I71 have a zero value,
> hide row 3,4,5,6,,,,  71  etc, hope thats as clear as mud :)
>
> "Steven" <me@where.why> wrote in message
> > just wondering how I would be able to hide rows on sheets if some cells
> are
> > blank? the cells contain formulas they are only blank because `zero
> > values` in >tools>options>view is unchecked.
> >
> > I have a sheet set up to SUMIF values from about 16 other sheets, and it
> > returns the values depending on 72 corresponding codes, I would like to
> hide
> > any of the 72 rows of data that are blank.
> >
> > the values returned will change on a week to week and daily basis, so I
> > would like to be able to use the same design for each new week, hope that
> > makes sense.

---

ken.wright (2489)
4/12/2004 11:57:15 AM
A couple of reasons that Data|filter|Autofilter isn't available:

1.  Your worksheet is protected
    (tools|Protection|unprotect worksheet  to check.  You may need a password.)

2.  Your worksheet is grouped with another worksheet.
    Check the title bar.  Do you see something like "book1.xls [Group]"
    If yes, right click on a worksheet tab and select "Ungroup Sheets"

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

"Dave Peterson" <ec35720@msn.com> wrote in message
> A couple of reasons that Data|filter|Autofilter isn't available:
>
> 1.  Your worksheet is protected
>     (tools|Protection|unprotect worksheet  to check.  You may need a
password.)

> 2.  Your worksheet is grouped with another worksheet.
>     Check the title bar.  Do you see something like "book1.xls [Group]"
>     If yes, right click on a worksheet tab and select "Ungroup Sheets"
>

> Steven wrote:
> >
> > Dave when i high light the rows and go to data filter, autofilter is not
an
> > option i can use.
> >
> > i need something that will say look at colum I, (I contains totals of
rows
> > B3-H3 down to B71-H71) if any of the cells from I3-I71 have a zero
value,
> > hide row 3,4,5,6,,,,  71  etc, hope thats as clear as mud :)
> >
> > "Steven" <me@where.why> wrote in message
> > > just wondering how I would be able to hide rows on sheets if some
cells
> > are
> > > blank? the cells contain formulas they are only blank because `zero
> > > values` in >tools>options>view is unchecked.
> > >
> > > I have a sheet set up to SUMIF values from about 16 other sheets, and
it
> > > returns the values depending on 72 corresponding codes, I would like
> > hide
> > > any of the 72 rows of data that are blank.
> > >
> > > the values returned will change on a week to week and daily basis, so
> > > would like to be able to use the same design for each new week, hope
that
> > > makes sense.
> > >

> --
>
> Dave Peterson
> ec35720@msn.com

0
me9665 (83)
4/12/2004 10:10:49 PM
Either we are all talking by each other here, or something is screwy somewhere.
This is something that would usually be a 2 second job to most of the regulars,
so I know we're not all losing it.  Are you able to send me the file at all so I
can take a look first hand, only we've pretty much covered most things it could
be??

ken.wright [at] ntlworld.com

--
Regards
              Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03

ken.wright (2489)
4/12/2004 10:16:26 PM
What happens when you try it?

Is it just disabled or does something else happen (error message)?

If you try it against a test worksheet in a new workbook, does it work?

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Not Shared
Not Grouped
Sheet not Protected
Workbook not protected
Track changes not enabled
Autofilter greyed out, but Advanced Filter available as an option - Same on
every part of the worksheet(s)/book I tried
All Tools / Trace Options greyed out
Putting Autofilter on another sheet in a new book and moving the sheet to this
book results in loss of the Autofilter, BUT, Data / Filter / Autofilter is
checked albeit greyed out??

??

--
Regards
              Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03

ken.wright (2489)
4/12/2004 10:53:38 PM
And if I move the test sheet I put into the book back out of the book where it
came from, the autofilter is reactivated??

--
Regards
              Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03

ken.wright (2489)
4/12/2004 10:55:41 PM
Hi Ken
this sounds as if the workbook is somehow corrupted (very interesting).

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Ken Wright wrote:
> Dave
>
> Not Shared
> Not Grouped
> Sheet not Protected
> Workbook not protected
> Track changes not enabled
> Autofilter greyed out, but Advanced Filter available as an option -
> Same on every part of the worksheet(s)/book I tried
> All Tools / Trace Options greyed out
> Putting Autofilter on another sheet in a new book and moving the
> sheet to this book results in loss of the Autofilter, BUT, Data /
> Filter / Autofilter is checked albeit greyed out??
>
> ??

0
frank.kabel (11126)
4/12/2004 11:03:39 PM
One more thing to try --
Choose Tools>Options
On the View tab, under Objects, select Show All, or Show Placeholders.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
4/12/2004 11:11:44 PM
Oooooh.  I like this one!

Debra Dalgleish wrote:

> One more thing to try --
> Choose Tools>Options
> On the View tab, under Objects, select Show All, or Show Placeholders.
>
> Steven wrote:
> > Its not protected or grouped
> >
> > "Dave Peterson" <ec35720@msn.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>A couple of reasons that Data|filter|Autofilter isn't available:
> >>
> >>1.  Your worksheet is protected
> >>    (tools|Protection|unprotect worksheet  to check.  You may need a
> >
> > password.)
> >
> >>2.  Your worksheet is grouped with another worksheet.
> >>    Check the title bar.  Do you see something like "book1.xls [Group]"
> >>    If yes, right click on a worksheet tab and select "Ungroup Sheets"

> > an

> > rows

> > value,

> > cells

> > it

> > that

> >>--
> >>
> >>Dave Peterson
> >>ec35720@msn.com
> >

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)
4/12/2004 11:20:48 PM
Deb, YOU ARE JUST TOO DAMNED GOOD AT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   <vbg>

That fixed it  :-)

--

"Debra Dalgleish" <dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com> wrote in message
> One more thing to try --
> Choose Tools>Options
> On the View tab, under Objects, select Show All, or Show Placeholders.
>
> Steven wrote:
> > Its not protected or grouped
> >
> > "Dave Peterson" <ec35720@msn.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>A couple of reasons that Data|filter|Autofilter isn't available:
> >>
> >>1.  Your worksheet is protected
> >>    (tools|Protection|unprotect worksheet  to check.  You may need a
> >
> > password.)
> >
> >>2.  Your worksheet is grouped with another worksheet.
> >>    Check the title bar.  Do you see something like "book1.xls [Group]"
> >>    If yes, right click on a worksheet tab and select "Ungroup Sheets"

> > an

> > rows

> > value,

> > cells

> > it

> > that

> >>--
> >>
> >>Dave Peterson
> >>ec35720@msn.com
> >

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
> http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

---

ken.wright (2489)
4/12/2004 11:25:02 PM
Thanks everyone for your help!

xxx

"Debra Dalgleish" <dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com> wrote in message
> One more thing to try --
> Choose Tools>Options
> On the View tab, under Objects, select Show All, or Show Placeholders.
>
> Steven wrote:
> > Its not protected or grouped
> >
> > "Dave Peterson" <ec35720@msn.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>A couple of reasons that Data|filter|Autofilter isn't available:
> >>
> >>1.  Your worksheet is protected
> >>    (tools|Protection|unprotect worksheet  to check.  You may need a
> >
> > password.)
> >
> >>2.  Your worksheet is grouped with another worksheet.
> >>    Check the title bar.  Do you see something like "book1.xls [Group]"
> >>    If yes, right click on a worksheet tab and select "Ungroup Sheets"

> > an

> > rows

> > value,

> > cells

> > it

> > that

> >>--
> >>
> >>Dave Peterson
> >>ec35720@msn.com
> >

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

me9665 (83)
4/12/2004 11:42:23 PM
Debs could you explain what show placeholders does? i do not understand what
this had to do with autofilter not showing?

Thanks :)

Steve

"Debra Dalgleish" <dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com> wrote in message
> One more thing to try --
> Choose Tools>Options
> On the View tab, under Objects, select Show All, or Show Placeholders.
>
> Steven wrote:
> > Its not protected or grouped
> >
> > "Dave Peterson" <ec35720@msn.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>A couple of reasons that Data|filter|Autofilter isn't available:
> >>
> >>1.  Your worksheet is protected
> >>    (tools|Protection|unprotect worksheet  to check.  You may need a
> >
> > password.)
> >
> >>2.  Your worksheet is grouped with another worksheet.
> >>    Check the title bar.  Do you see something like "book1.xls [Group]"
> >>    If yes, right click on a worksheet tab and select "Ungroup Sheets"

> > an

> > rows

> > value,

> > cells

> > it

> > that

> >>--
> >>
> >>Dave Peterson
> >>ec35720@msn.com
> >

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

me9665 (83)
4/12/2004 11:53:45 PM
The arrows in the AutoFilter heading cells are hidden if objects are
hidden. So, if objects are hidden before the AutoFilter is in place,
Excel won't allow you to create an AutoFilter (I'm not sure if that's a
bug or a feature).

If Show Placeholders is selected, some objects, such as charts, are
represented by an outline. Other objects, like AutoFilter arrows, are
visible, so when that option is selected, you can create or use an
AutoFilter.

Steven wrote:
> Debs could you explain what show placeholders does? i do not understand what
> this had to do with autofilter not showing?
>
> Thanks :)
>
> Steve
>
> "Debra Dalgleish" <dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com> wrote in message
>
>>One more thing to try --
>>Choose Tools>Options
>>On the View tab, under Objects, select Show All, or Show Placeholders.
>>
>>Steven wrote:
>>
>>>Its not protected or grouped
>>>
>>>"Dave Peterson" <ec35720@msn.com> wrote in message

>>>password.)

> not
>
>>>an

>>>rows

>>>value,

>>>cells

>>>it

>>>that

>>--
>>Debra Dalgleish
>>Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

0
dsd1 (5911)

deleting blank rows for up to 60000 rows of data
I have worksheets with up to 60000 rows in one column I have tried using the following macro from this site and it does not do anything. Any ideas?: Sub Sonic() Dim i As Long With Application .Calculation = xlCalculationManual .ScreenUpdating = False Lastrow = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count For i = Lastrow To 1 Step -1 If WorksheetFunction.CountA(Rows(i)) = 0 Then Rows(i).EntireRow.Delete End If Next i .Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic .ScreenUpdating = True End With End Sub Hi, The code works f...

Hiding "0" values in pivot table

Hiding formuals in cells question

hide my name

Automatically Highlight Every Second Row in Excel
Hi, I would like to know if there is any way to have excel automatically highlight every second row in a sheet to make it easier to read accross the row? Thanks GW Can you use conditional formatting? If yes, see Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm NHB wrote: > > Hi, > > I would like to know if there is any way to have excel automatically > highlight every second row in a sheet to make it easier to read accross the > row? > > Thanks > GW -- Dave Peterson ec35720@netscape.com ...

insert zeros in front of cells already filled with data.
If there is data is a column of cells in Excel how do I insert/add additional data (000) in front of each cell? Two ways. If all cells should be the same length, like a check number or an account number, it's called "leading zeroes": http://www.officearticles.com/excel/show_leading_zeroes_in_microsoft_excel.htm If you just want to put 3 zeroes in front of other text, you can use another column to create a formula: ="000"&a1 will give you the contents of A1 preceded by 3 zeroes. ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Horizon" <...

Fixing a row number for an item
Good evening all. I have trawled through google, but to no avail - maybe I was not precise enough. Any assistence here would be most appreciated. I have a simple table as below: A B 1 Reference Cost (�) - Headers 2 115 89 3 102 25 4 026 56 5 012 99 6 155 22 7 102 12 Now I sort the table - descending (B) - (I stipulate a header row). However I wish to be able to re-sort, to...

How to get rows from 4 diff permitations??
Hi All Wondered if you could help. I have 2 tables of data like so: PUPILS PID PNAME 1 Fred1 2 Fred2 3 Fred3 4 Fred4 LEVELS TID PID YEAR TERMID MATHSLEVEL READLEVEL 1 1 2006 0 W1 W2 2 2 2006 0 1B W4 3 3 2006 0 W1 W2 4 4 2006 0 2C 5A 5 1 2007 1 W1 W2 6 2 2007 ...

Hiding and Un-Hiding Data fields

need to display maximum value of corresponding values in excel
Hi, I have a requirement to display the maximum scored students based on the marks. i can able to display only one student if more than one scored the same marks i want to display there name also. example sl.no studentname mark 1 john 90 2 paul 95 3 sam 80 4 michel 95 using this formula =INDEX(B:B,MATCH(MAX(C:C),C:C,0)); i can able to display the value only "paul". i want to display both paul and michel. Please help us on this. Thanks in Advance. --- frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.excel.misc/ 95 =MAX((G1:G21="paul")*...

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

Hiding a worksheet #3

Sumif where source values are assigned by "if" formula
I am trying to sum the values in a column (Q20:Q300) based on an assigned designation in another column (N20:N300). The destination cell is Q11. The criteria value is found in cell N11. Values in cells Q20:Q300 are assigned via an "if" condition dependent on a value assigned in column "O". When I place the placed the following formula in my destination cell (Q11), it returned a value of "0" which is incorrect. My assumption is that the formula is recognizing the numeric value in column Q as text and is not adding properly. formula in Q11 ... =sumif(N20...

charting calculated values #2
The cells for future months contain formulas which give values of zer until data is entered on other linked sheets -- dp ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dpj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=149 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27225 ...

Hide images when Hiding Rows

how to hide an ActiveX control?

Hiding plot Area

Hiding rows with VBA
Hi all, In my sheet called "insertsheet I have this VBA: (thanks to some users of Google groups) Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Const nMAX As Long = 10 Dim nRows As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False With Me With .Range("B8") If Intersect(Target(1), .Cells) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub nRows = .Value End With .Range(.Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ .Columns.Count)).EntireColumn.Hidden = True .Range(Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ ...

log graph zero or negative values error
Hi, Excel gives an error message when you try to plot a zero or negative number on a graph. I am using a template, so I don't want to go through and manually remove the zero data every time. Is there any way to turn off the error message, it is getting VERY irritating. Cheers, Joyce [This followup was posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting with an email copy to Joyce. Please use the newsgroup for further discussion.] As far as I know, XL insists on complaining when one wants to plot log(x) where x<=0, since that is no corresponding real mathematical value. You could modi...

hiding rows
I have data in cells A7:DK394 which all have 0 in them until totals are added in other worksheets which then pullthrough. At the end of the week I have to Hide all rows from A7 to A394 that still have 0 in them as no totals have been added in other sheets so the customer has not posted with us. is there any way excell can recognise the cells that have no data against them and hide them automatically by pressing a button. or if they all start off hidden unhide as data is entered. Hopefully this makes sense many thanks for any help with this as again its to save me lots of...

Hide contacts
I must hide some contacts from GAL excepted for 2 user that must to see them and select to send email. If only 2 users need a Contact, why not have them create it in their Contacts folder? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "MauroR" <MauroR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DAC0E2E9-7389-49F0-8736-3B9251DBB274@microsoft.com... >I must hide some contacts from GAL excepted for 2 user that must to see >them > and select to send email. Th...

Return a name in the same row
I have a 2 sheet spreadsheet. I want a formula to match a cell in column A of sheet 1 to a matching cell in column a of sheet 2 and return a name form the same matching row in column C of sheet 2. I have searched for this formula and cannot find it. Please help. Scott Sheet 1 CustNum 1 9 9 9 9 10 10 11 11 11 11 11 14 14 30 38 38 40 50 50 50 50 Sheet 2 CustNum ShopNum LastName 1 5 Name one 2 5 Name two 5 53 Name three 7 57 Name four 8 8 Name five 9 9 Name six 10 10 Name seven 11 11 Name eight 12 340 Name nine 13 12 Name ten 14 13 Name eleven...

calculation of future value between two dates
HELP please. I am trying to find an easy / short way to calculate future value of a lump sum amount between two dates. The info I will have :- 1. Amount (say $1000 ) 2. Start date of deposit (1st jan 2008) 3. Date to which future value is to be calculated to (1st may 2010) 4. Interest rate ( fixed 10%) 5. Compounded semiannualy. How can I create a formulae to calculate this in one swoop ? "manas123" <manas123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I create a formulae to calculate this in one swoop ? For an approximation: =FV(10%/2, DATEDI...

Insert rows in Excel Ledger problem
I am using a ledger for simple accounts, Date, Name, Service, Amount and Total. The far right column keeps a running total. I have however omitted some data and am trying to add rows in various places in date order. I can insert the rows no problem, however, the final right hand cell remains blank and will not update the total. I have tried the format painter which works for all cells but the last, the format bar is greyed out along with anything else I thought I could use to solve the problem. I have tried adding the data on the last row and dragging it up to where I want it but as ...

How do I hide email addresses in outgoing mail
Hint: You post your question in the body of the post, not the Subject. Hint 2: Use the BCC field. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2C2A70C-6C94-4688-8BAF-0A50AC9C142D@microsoft.com... > "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2C2A70C-6C94-4688-8BAF-0A50AC9C142D@microsoft.com... > PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject Have a look here: http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm As posted here MANY MANY times - put them in the BCC...