Hide Rows in one W/S Based on a cell value in Another W/S

Hide Rows in one W/S Based on a cell value in Another W/S

I have the following code in an excel spreadsheet (see below).  The
code correctly hides the rows when C98 in one worksheet = "Dog" but
when C98 does not = "Dog" it does not unhide the cells on Sheet Blue.
Why?

Select Case UCase(Range("C98").Value)
Case "Dog"
Sheets("Blue").Rows("94:113").EntireRow.Hidden = False
Case Else
Sheets("Blue").Rows("94:113").EntireRow.Hidden = True
End Select

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Maybe your have your true/false mixed up
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
<christopher.hubbard@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hide Rows in one W/S Based on a cell value in Another W/S
>
> I have the following code in an excel spreadsheet (see below).  The
> code correctly hides the rows when C98 in one worksheet = "Dog" but
> when C98 does not = "Dog" it does not unhide the cells on Sheet Blue.
> Why?
>
> Select Case UCase(Range("C98").Value)
> Case "Dog"
> Sheets("Blue").Rows("94:113").EntireRow.Hidden = False
> Case Else
> Sheets("Blue").Rows("94:113").EntireRow.Hidden = True
> End Select

0
dguillett1 (2487)
12/12/2006 9:54:07 PM
You upshift the value, but test against proper case, as well as having the
TRUE/FALSE revresed.. Shouldn't it be

Select Case UCase(Range("C98").Value)
Case "DOG"
Sheets("Blue").Rows("94:113").EntireRow.Hidden = True
Case Else
Sheets("Blue").Rows("94:113").EntireRow.Hidden = False
End Select

--
---
HTH

Bob

<christopher.hubbard@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hide Rows in one W/S Based on a cell value in Another W/S
>
> I have the following code in an excel spreadsheet (see below).  The
> code correctly hides the rows when C98 in one worksheet = "Dog" but
> when C98 does not = "Dog" it does not unhide the cells on Sheet Blue.
> Why?
>
> Select Case UCase(Range("C98").Value)
> Case "Dog"
> Sheets("Blue").Rows("94:113").EntireRow.Hidden = False
> Case Else
> Sheets("Blue").Rows("94:113").EntireRow.Hidden = True
> End Select

0
bob.NGs (282)
12/12/2006 10:01:16 PM
Bob Phillips wrote:
> You upshift the value, but test against proper case, as well as having the
> TRUE/FALSE revresed.. Shouldn't it be
>
> Select Case UCase(Range("C98").Value)
> Case "DOG"
> Sheets("Blue").Rows("94:113").EntireRow.Hidden = True
> Case Else
> Sheets("Blue").Rows("94:113").EntireRow.Hidden = False
> End Select
>

> --
> ---
> HTH
>
> Bob
>
> (change the xxxx to gmail if mailing direct)
>

> <christopher.hubbard@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hide Rows in one W/S Based on a cell value in Another W/S
> >
> > I have the following code in an excel spreadsheet (see below).  The
> > code correctly hides the rows when C98 in one worksheet = "Dog" but
> > when C98 does not = "Dog" it does not unhide the cells on Sheet Blue.
> > Why?
> >
> > Select Case UCase(Range("C98").Value)
> > Case "Dog"
> > Sheets("Blue").Rows("94:113").EntireRow.Hidden = False
> > Case Else
> > Sheets("Blue").Rows("94:113").EntireRow.Hidden = True
> > End Select

Thanks for the help.

For some reason it worked when I capitalized "DOG" rather than using
"Dog"

The False and True weren't mixed up, thats they way I wanted it to
function.

That's why Bob capitalized it.

> Select Case UCase(Range("C98").Value)
> Case "DOG"

If you're going to use UCase(), then you'll want all your comparisons against
upper case strings--otherwise, you'll never get a match.

--

Dave Peterson
0

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"CH" <christopher.hubbard@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Bob Phillips wrote:
>> You upshift the value, but test against proper case, as well as having
>> the
>> TRUE/FALSE revresed.. Shouldn't it be
>>
>> Select Case UCase(Range("C98").Value)
>> Case "DOG"
>> Sheets("Blue").Rows("94:113").EntireRow.Hidden = True
>> Case Else
>> Sheets("Blue").Rows("94:113").EntireRow.Hidden = False
>> End Select
>>

>> --
>> ---
>> HTH
>>
>> Bob
>>
>> (change the xxxx to gmail if mailing direct)
>>

>> <christopher.hubbard@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Hide Rows in one W/S Based on a cell value in Another W/S
>> >
>> > I have the following code in an excel spreadsheet (see below).  The
>> > code correctly hides the rows when C98 in one worksheet = "Dog" but
>> > when C98 does not = "Dog" it does not unhide the cells on Sheet Blue.
>> > Why?
>> >
>> > Select Case UCase(Range("C98").Value)
>> > Case "Dog"
>> > Sheets("Blue").Rows("94:113").EntireRow.Hidden = False
>> > Case Else
>> > Sheets("Blue").Rows("94:113").EntireRow.Hidden = True
>> > End Select
>> >

> Thanks for the help.
>
> For some reason it worked when I capitalized "DOG" rather than using
> "Dog"
>
> The False and True weren't mixed up, thats they way I wanted it to
> function.

0
dguillett1 (2487)
12/13/2006 2:54:32 PM
I just re-read and Bob DID capitalize it.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Don Guillett" <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
> I'm sure that Bob meant to do that. The ucase(   forces excel to compare
> apples and apples regardless of how the user typed it. dog Dog dOG, etc.
> Select Case UCase(Range("C98").Value)
>> > Case "DOG"
>

> --
> Don Guillett
> SalesAid Software
> dguillett1@austin.rr.com
> "CH" <christopher.hubbard@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Bob Phillips wrote:
>>> You upshift the value, but test against proper case, as well as having
>>> the
>>> TRUE/FALSE revresed.. Shouldn't it be
>>>
>>> Select Case UCase(Range("C98").Value)
>>> Case "DOG"
>>> Sheets("Blue").Rows("94:113").EntireRow.Hidden = True
>>> Case Else
>>> Sheets("Blue").Rows("94:113").EntireRow.Hidden = False
>>> End Select
>>>

>>> --
>>> ---
>>> HTH
>>>
>>> Bob
>>>
>>> (change the xxxx to gmail if mailing direct)
>>>

>>> <christopher.hubbard@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> Thanks for the help.
>>
>> For some reason it worked when I capitalized "DOG" rather than using
>> "Dog"
>>
>> The False and True weren't mixed up, thats they way I wanted it to
>> function.

0
dguillett1 (2487)
12/13/2006 4:14:23 PM
Thanks for the help everyone.

Don Guillett wrote:
> I just re-read and Bob DID capitalize it.
>
> --
> Don Guillett
> SalesAid Software
> dguillett1@austin.rr.com
> "Don Guillett" <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
> > I'm sure that Bob meant to do that. The ucase(   forces excel to compare
> > apples and apples regardless of how the user typed it. dog Dog dOG, etc.
> > Select Case UCase(Range("C98").Value)
> >

> > --
> > Don Guillett
> > SalesAid Software
> > dguillett1@austin.rr.com
> > "CH" <christopher.hubbard@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >> Thanks for the help.
> >>
> >> For some reason it worked when I capitalized "DOG" rather than using
> >> "Dog"
> >>
> >> The False and True weren't mixed up, thats they way I wanted it to
> >> function.

Replace cell letter
Not sure how to explain this, but im looking to save a lot of manual entry. ie. sheet1 is fetching its data from sheet2 A1:A1000 and displays the data all over sheet1 to many different cell positions in different columns/rows. How do I point to new data from sheet2 B1:B1000 by replacing all the cells "=+Sheet2!A####" to "=+Sheet2!B####" in sheet1 while keeping the same cell positions??? Hope it makes sense...please HELP! John Try Ctrl+H to launch Find and Replace dialog..Make sure you select 'Formulas' in 'LookIn' -- Jacob &qu...

deleting blank rows for up to 60000 rows of data
I have worksheets with up to 60000 rows in one column I have tried using the following macro from this site and it does not do anything. Any ideas?: Sub Sonic() Dim i As Long With Application .Calculation = xlCalculationManual .ScreenUpdating = False Lastrow = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count For i = Lastrow To 1 Step -1 If WorksheetFunction.CountA(Rows(i)) = 0 Then Rows(i).EntireRow.Delete End If Next i .Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic .ScreenUpdating = True End With End Sub Hi, The code works f...

Hiding "0" values in pivot table

Hiding formuals in cells question

U.S. Payroll Extensions
I am getting the message... "Before you can use U.S. Payroll Extensions, PTO Manager, Advanced Human Resources, or Advanced Payroll, a system administrator must first log into Microsoft Dynamics GP to initiallize or upgrade database objects." I have done this multiple times now and it goes through the update and the message goes away. But it seems to pop back up on user PCs a few days later. GP10 sp4, SQL 2005 Any ideas? ...

Automatically Highlight Every Second Row in Excel
Hi, I would like to know if there is any way to have excel automatically highlight every second row in a sheet to make it easier to read accross the row? Thanks GW Can you use conditional formatting? If yes, see Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm NHB wrote: > > Hi, > > I would like to know if there is any way to have excel automatically > highlight every second row in a sheet to make it easier to read accross the > row? > > Thanks > GW -- Dave Peterson ec35720@netscape.com ...

how can i transfer data from one sheet to another without blank li
Dear All I have extracted data from a system to a sheet including blank lines between the data. Any idea of how i can transfer the data from one sheet to another without any blank lines, in order to do my job using excel functions? Thanks in advance If you mean blank rows why dont you just sort the data? In case you need to retain the order (you can use a temporary column); insert an additional column say A. Number 1,2,....till the end in cells a1,a2 ...... Sort col B. Delete the blank rows..and then sort by ColA...Remove ColA -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Manos&q...

How do I stop cells from expanding?
Hey all. Just got Excel 2003, and have a real basic question. I'm working in large files with very long cells, and everytime i click into one to edit it, it expands to take up almost the entire screen. Problem is, i need to look at cells in other columns, and this is a huge pain. How do i get it to stop? Thanks in advance! If it is the formula bar that bothers you can turn it off temporarily under view>formula bar -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "frodomojo" <frodomojo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD91C628-9456-454D-9E2A-EF42F6F7F494@microsoft.co...

hide my name

Wrap Text from one cell to another cell
I want type all my text into C111 (1-3 pages worth). I want this text to automatically wrap to D111 to E111 to F111 to G111, etc. The cell appears to have a maximum limit of characters. Please help. "bras" wrote: > I want type all my text into C111 (1-3 pages worth). I want this text to > automatically wrap to D111 to E111 to F111 to G111, etc. > > The cell appears to have a maximum limit of characters. Copied from the help file:- Length of cell contents (text) 32,767 characters. Only 1,024 display in a cell; all 32,767 display in the formula bar. Have y...

CR's page setup
Hi, We just recently upgraded from GP 7.5 to GP9.0 and imgrated all our Crystal Report (CR) forms ei. Purchase orders, sales order, and etc. from CR 9 to CR 11. We are using terminal services and Thin Print for printing. My two problem: (1) When printing a PO, a CR's page setup box appear and the paper source would be set to something else instead of "Automatically Select",which I set on the CR form. The users would have to select this options. (2)Their default printer is not selected. It would show my printer as the default. This two problem doesn't happen to every u...

Fixing a row number for an item
Good evening all. I have trawled through google, but to no avail - maybe I was not precise enough. Any assistence here would be most appreciated. I have a simple table as below: A B 1 Reference Cost (�) - Headers 2 115 89 3 102 25 4 026 56 5 012 99 6 155 22 7 102 12 Now I sort the table - descending (B) - (I stipulate a header row). However I wish to be able to re-sort, to...

need to display maximum value of corresponding values in excel
Hi, I have a requirement to display the maximum scored students based on the marks. i can able to display only one student if more than one scored the same marks i want to display there name also. example sl.no studentname mark 1 john 90 2 paul 95 3 sam 80 4 michel 95 using this formula =INDEX(B:B,MATCH(MAX(C:C),C:C,0)); i can able to display the value only "paul". i want to display both paul and michel. Please help us on this. Thanks in Advance. --- frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.excel.misc/ 95 =MAX((G1:G21="paul")*...

How to get rows from 4 diff permitations??
Hi All Wondered if you could help. I have 2 tables of data like so: PUPILS PID PNAME 1 Fred1 2 Fred2 3 Fred3 4 Fred4 LEVELS TID PID YEAR TERMID MATHSLEVEL READLEVEL 1 1 2006 0 W1 W2 2 2 2006 0 1B W4 3 3 2006 0 W1 W2 4 4 2006 0 2C 5A 5 1 2007 1 W1 W2 6 2 2007 ...

Hiding and Un-Hiding Data fields

Using Exchange 2003 features in a mixed mode w/ Exchange 2000 with
Hi Group, I'm researching to find out is it possible to keep my user's email accounts using IM on Exchange 2000 and add Exchange 2003 to use the new features? Since IM was removed from Exchange 2003, when I create a new user I must choose between E2K or E2K3 servers, so whatever server I choose i will use those features. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks Dave You can have the user's mailbox on a 2003 server and have htier IM virtual server be on a 2k server... -- --Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us www.briandesmond.com "dpcrensh...

No quotes Friday for Vanguard ETF's ??
Is anyone else finding no quotes for Vanguard ETF's for Friday? Not from within Money or on the the MSN Money website... Examples..VTI,VGK,VPL,VNQ Vanguard Mutual funds are reported OK. Yes and EQR as well No Quotes on Monday 9/22/2008 also. Que Pasa? "Aggie60" wrote: > Is anyone else finding no quotes for Vanguard ETF's for Friday? > Not from within Money or on the the MSN Money website... > > Examples..VTI,VGK,VPL,VNQ > > Vanguard Mutual funds are reported OK. > > > > > Also noticed that realtime quotes were not available...

Put Active Worksheet's Name in a Cell #3
Is there a way to put the active worksheet's name in the cell? Not the file name of the whole workbook, just the name of the currently selected sheet. Thanks for your help. Hi Corey, There are a few ways this can be done using either macros or functions, here's one of each: *=MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1, LEN(CELL("filename",A1))-FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))) (sourced from Chip Pearson's site, http://www.cpearson.com/excel/excelF.htm) I recommend checking this page out as it also shows ot...

How to enable auto height with merged cells?
I previously asked a question regarding auto height with merged cells and was given a code to enter into visual basic. I entered the code and copied & pasted a narrative into the row. It originally seemed to work. But after closing the workbook and re-opening it another day the 'referenced' row is back to the original height. Is there a way to for the row height to expand and remain sized so anyone accessing the workbook can read the narrative? Additionall, I need the row to remain at the full height when printing the worksheeet. ...

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

GAL issue
Our existing Exchange 5.5 organization consists of two different sites, each in its own NT 4.0 domain, so call that siteA and siteB in domainA and domainB for simplicity. They share a common GAL between them as you would expect and all is well. I've just installed the first Exchange 2003 server in a Windows Server 2003 AD domain (call this domainC) and placed the Exchange server into siteA. Trusts are in place between domainA and domainB (previously), between domainA and domainC (for the migration), but not yet between domainB and domainC. The problem that I see now is that GAL for use...

Hiding a worksheet #3

Over Shipment PO's
Customer orders 2000 widgets from their vendor, vendor ships 2001, the boys in shipping receive 2000 but the girls in accounts payable are only going to pay for the 2000 that were ordered. What is the simplies way of handling the overshipment quantity? This scenario messes up accrued purchases plus the 1 overshipment actually gets received at zero cost because oft times the vendor only sends an invoice for the original quantity ordered because the goods were packed by weight not actually counting. Rich, I've a confusion understanding your query. 2000widgets are ordered, 2001 are r...

Hide images when Hiding Rows

how to hide an ActiveX control?