Hide images when Hiding Rows

I have inserted images into cells, but when I hide the column the images
are not hidden with that column, they just get squished between the two
cells next to the hidden cell.  Is there a setting or way to tie the
image to that cell so that it hides/unhides appropriately with the row?

--
kurt
kurt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35686

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Kurt

You cannot insert an image into a cell.

You can overlay a cell with an image.

Select the image and Format>Properties>Move and size with cells.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 13:41:43 -0500, kurt
<kurt.29th4z_1151001902.0172@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

>I have inserted images into cells, but when I hide the column the images
>are not hidden with that column, they just get squished between the two
>cells next to the hidden cell.  Is there a setting or way to tie the
>image to that cell so that it hides/unhides appropriately with the row?

0
Gord
6/22/2006 7:49:00 PM
I only had it set to "Move but don't size with cells"  thanks for the
tip.

--
kurt
kurt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35686
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=554712

make inserted images in word pop up in a new window
How can i do this Insert an very small image in a word doc and make it pop up in a new window when clicked ...

deleting blank rows for up to 60000 rows of data
I have worksheets with up to 60000 rows in one column I have tried using the following macro from this site and it does not do anything. Any ideas?: Sub Sonic() Dim i As Long With Application .Calculation = xlCalculationManual .ScreenUpdating = False Lastrow = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count For i = Lastrow To 1 Step -1 If WorksheetFunction.CountA(Rows(i)) = 0 Then Rows(i).EntireRow.Delete End If Next i .Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic .ScreenUpdating = True End With End Sub Hi, The code works f...

Hiding "0" values in pivot table

Hiding formuals in cells question

Fixing a row number for an item
Good evening all. I have trawled through google, but to no avail - maybe I was not precise enough. Any assistence here would be most appreciated. I have a simple table as below: A B 1 Reference Cost (�) - Headers 2 115 89 3 102 25 4 026 56 5 012 99 6 155 22 7 102 12 Now I sort the table - descending (B) - (I stipulate a header row). However I wish to be able to re-sort, to...

Automatically Highlight Every Second Row in Excel
Hi, I would like to know if there is any way to have excel automatically highlight every second row in a sheet to make it easier to read accross the row? Thanks GW Can you use conditional formatting? If yes, see Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm NHB wrote: > > Hi, > > I would like to know if there is any way to have excel automatically > highlight every second row in a sheet to make it easier to read accross the > row? > > Thanks > GW -- Dave Peterson ec35720@netscape.com ...

hide my name

How to get rows from 4 diff permitations??
Hi All Wondered if you could help. I have 2 tables of data like so: PUPILS PID PNAME 1 Fred1 2 Fred2 3 Fred3 4 Fred4 LEVELS TID PID YEAR TERMID MATHSLEVEL READLEVEL 1 1 2006 0 W1 W2 2 2 2006 0 1B W4 3 3 2006 0 W1 W2 4 4 2006 0 2C 5A 5 1 2007 1 W1 W2 6 2 2007 ...

Hiding and Un-Hiding Data fields

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

Repeating a Cell Format For Many Rows: What's Fastest Way?
I want to merge adjacent horizontal cells and repeat that in a column for 20 lines. What is a quick way to do that so I don't have to repeat the merge formatting 20 times? Then I want to draw a line along the bottom of each of these merged cells. Again, what is the fastest way to do that? Suppose it was 200 lines. What is the shortcut? Thanks -- TomBrooklyn ------------------------------------------------------------------------ TomBrooklyn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=7398 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthrea...

Inserted images and pasted text is the wrong color in publisher.
When I insert a picture (jpg) from file or scan it in, it places it as a green picture even though I scanned as a full color. Also copied black text, when pasted into publisheris pasted in green? Am I missing a default setting. Everything I try to insert or past is green. Have you looked to see if there is an updated video driver lately? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "CaryK" <CaryK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DB4633E-93FF-44DF-B237-0B2E6DC9D4DD@microsoft.com... >...

Hiding a worksheet #3

Hide images when Hiding Rows

how to hide an ActiveX control?

Hiding plot Area

inserting image in report
I have a db with links to pictures (did not paste picture just the addresses). I would like to display these in a report. If I can use the links I can automate the linking and make things much faster. Any suggestions? "nebros" <nebros@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote >I have a db with links to pictures (did not paste picture just the > addresses). I would like to display these in a report. If I can use the > links I can automate the linking and make things much faster. The sample imaging databases at http://accdevel.tripod.com illustrate three approaches to...

how do I promote the highlighted rows to the top?
As title. After viewing a big file and highlighted several rows with yellow, I am planing to goback to change or relook those rows. How do I move all those rows to the top of the spreadsheet? Thanks Hi harry Why don't you use Conditional formatting to highlighted a row. For example when you enter a "x" in column A. http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat02.html This way you can use AutoFilter to Filter on The "x" -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "harry" <harryliuusa@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eVU2K8VsEHA.2804@TK2MSFTNGP14....

Referencing a Row value from within a VLOOKUP
Hello group, I've worked with excel for many years, but I could use some help throwing this together. The background: I have two sheets within the same workbook. One sheet has check numbers and values that have been issued by the company. The other sheet has that same information, but only what has been reported back to us by the bank. I working on streamlining the comparison between the two sheets to more easily see what checks are outstanding (have not been cashed at the bank). Also, if the check has been cashed, I want to compare the value that the bank recorded with the v...

Programatically manipulating attachment images in Access 2007
Hello: I think I understand how to manipulate images stored as attachments in Access 2007. I know how to load an image into an attachment field or remove an image from an attachment field in code. Now, suppose I have an image control on a splash screen, and I want to programatically set the picture property of the image control, using an image from an attachment field. Imagine that I have a table with an attachment field that has a collection of images to use in the application, and I want the splash screen image control to use image number 3 of 5 images that are stored in the attachm...

Hiding rows with VBA
Hi all, In my sheet called "insertsheet I have this VBA: (thanks to some users of Google groups) Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Const nMAX As Long = 10 Dim nRows As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False With Me With .Range("B8") If Intersect(Target(1), .Cells) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub nRows = .Value End With .Range(.Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ .Columns.Count)).EntireColumn.Hidden = True .Range(Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ ...

Background Images showing as attachments
I have a user that is having a problem with viewing backgrounds in their e-mails. It is showing up as an attachment and we are getting a message that Photo Editor can not open the file. Other users that receive the same e-mail are not having this problem. Both users have Win 2k O/S and Office 2000 installed on their computers. Could someone point me in the right direction as to what could be causing this problem? Thanks. ...

hiding rows
I have data in cells A7:DK394 which all have 0 in them until totals are added in other worksheets which then pullthrough. At the end of the week I have to Hide all rows from A7 to A394 that still have 0 in them as no totals have been added in other sheets so the customer has not posted with us. is there any way excell can recognise the cells that have no data against them and hide them automatically by pressing a button. or if they all start off hidden unhide as data is entered. Hopefully this makes sense many thanks for any help with this as again its to save me lots of...

Outlook-hiding recipients addresses
How do you send a mailing to a distribution list without exposing their email addresses to the other recipients? Put the DL name in the BCC field and put your own address in the TO field. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > How do you send a mailing to a distribution list without > exposing their email addresses to the other recipients? ...

Hide contacts
I must hide some contacts from GAL excepted for 2 user that must to see them and select to send email. If only 2 users need a Contact, why not have them create it in their Contacts folder? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "MauroR" <MauroR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DAC0E2E9-7389-49F0-8736-3B9251DBB274@microsoft.com... >I must hide some contacts from GAL excepted for 2 user that must to see >them > and select to send email. Th...