Hide Global.xls (personal.xls) in project explorer

How do I hide VBAProject(Global.xls) in project explorer. I just want
my normal project there.

Helge
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You can't hide it, but you could give it a password:
Select your project
Tools|VBAProject|Protection tab
Give it a memorable password

At least the project won't be too intrusive.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Hiding "0" values in pivot table

Hiding formuals in cells question

hide my name

Project Ghant Chart...
Does anyone have a template that creates a nice looking excel chart using data (Task, Start Date, End Date) maintained in an excel spreadsheet? I'm trying to mimic a ghant chart in MS Project, which is not available here. Would like to copy paste into Power Point as well and the excel charts work great for that. Any help, or a nudge in the right direction, would be very much appreciated. Thanks, C. Marshall Basic http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/excel/HA010346051033.aspx http://www.mrexcel.com/tip058.shtml http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/gantt.exe More advanced http://www.tushar-...

2 Personal Folders #2
I have 2 personal folders Why? How do I get rid of one of them. Mark Right click->close. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, microsoft asked: | I have 2 personal folders | Why? | How do I get rid of one of them. | Mark It is grayed out. "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmemvps.org> wrote in message news:eGCBHkLtEHA.1452@TK2M...

Hiding and Un-Hiding Data fields

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

XML maps in a XLS file
Sorry I wanted to bump this one up, hoping someone can help http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc&mid=0c01b12f-9cbf-404a-9418-5ed6e455f9a8&sloc=en-us Basically I has an XML file that represents some data from a CSV file. I am using XML because it has a "live" update capacity of sorts. So I use "Data >> XML >> XML Source" or" Import" This give me my data from the XML file in the XLS file. Which is great. Save the XLS file and I have 2 files XML and XLS. When the XML file changes I ca...

REPOST: Contacts/Global Address List/Automated Dialling
We can currently initiate telephone calls from within our contacts folders, plus some public (contact) folders, by right-clicking and selecting Call Contact. This feature could use our mobile phones (via Bluetooth) but more usually it uses our BCM office phone system. This all works fine. However, under this system we are maintaining a lot of duplicate data: 1 x Active Directory, 1 x Exchange 5.5 directory, and several public contact folders. We are moving to Exchange 2003 soon which will mean that Exchange will directly tap into AD, rather than maintain it's own directory. We would als...

Hiding a worksheet #3

How to retrive unsubmitted timesheet of all resource under a project
Hi, I'm new to project server 2007. I'm trying to develop a connector between project server 2007 and .NET application. I need to retrieve unsubimitted time sheet of all the resource for each projects. The results should be similar to a table with each table corresponding to a project. The table should show the name and email id of the resource who haven't submitted time sheet. It would be a great help if someone could guide me on this topic Thanks, Arun G Hi Arun, You would probably have better luck submitting this request to microsoft.public.project.dev...

Hide images when Hiding Rows

Cant save file to CD on personal PC, due to admin
Somehow I have gotten the admin controls activated on my PC. when I try to use a CD to save a word file, the computer tells me I do not have the admin authority to do that. this is my personal computer, not networked with any others, been using it for years. how do I get out of this? I am unable to back up my documents. thanks This is not an Office question. I would start with a newsgroup for your operating system. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "BAC" <BAC@discussions.microsoft....

Retention calculation in Project Accounting
If retention percentage is changed/amended in the mid of project, the calculation of retention does not meet the industry requirements. In the industry practice, the percentage is always reduced. Below is the sample scenario: Example: Project Fee: $1000 Retention: 10% First month Billing: $200 Retention: 10% X $200 = $20 Receivables: $180.00 Before second billing is done, the retention is changed to 5%. In second month, additional $100 can be billed. Second billing calculation in GPS is billed is as follows: Billable = $100 Retention: 5% = $5.00 Receivables = $95....

Global Customer Records constantly downloaded with 401
When I run a stye 401 on all of my stores, every time HQ seems to download customer records. Is this intended? Each store has two log entries every time 401 is run: Received 286 new global customer record(s) from HQ. Updated 286 global customer record(s) in store database. This happens regardless of whether there is any activity. Also of interest - I have 354 customers in the database. What is the 286 all about? I am experiencing the exact same thing. Mine is 681 records and counting. It is definitely not intended. I can't figure out what the problem is. Tom -- Stop fishing ...

how to hide an ActiveX control?

Hiding plot Area

hiding rows
I have data in cells A7:DK394 which all have 0 in them until totals are added in other worksheets which then pullthrough. At the end of the week I have to Hide all rows from A7 to A394 that still have 0 in them as no totals have been added in other sheets so the customer has not posted with us. is there any way excell can recognise the cells that have no data against them and hide them automatically by pressing a button. or if they all start off hidden unhide as data is entered. Hopefully this makes sense many thanks for any help with this as again its to save me lots of...

Migrating Project Server 2007 from WSS 3.0 to MOSS 2007
Good morning, Does anyone have experience on how to migrate from WSS 3.0 TO MOSS 2007 ? What are the proper steps ? Any online documents that could help the migration ? Regards, Luis ...

Should Globally Needed Objects be Members in Main Frame, Application, or be Global?
I have been making objects needed by my entire application members either the Main Frame ( main window derived from CMDIFrameWnd ) or the Application (derived from CWinApp ). To get to these members I use either GetMainWnd() or AfxGetApp() to get pointers I can access them with. Now I wonder if there is any reason not to make these objects global so the use of GetMainWnd() or AfxGetApp() can be dispensed with. What are the the relative merits of putting objects needed globally for the duration of program execution in these three places? I typically create a singleton or static class...

Hiding rows with VBA
Hi all, In my sheet called "insertsheet I have this VBA: (thanks to some users of Google groups) Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Const nMAX As Long = 10 Dim nRows As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False With Me With .Range("B8") If Intersect(Target(1), .Cells) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub nRows = .Value End With .Range(.Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ .Columns.Count)).EntireColumn.Hidden = True .Range(Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ ...

Outlook-hiding recipients addresses
How do you send a mailing to a distribution list without exposing their email addresses to the other recipients? Put the DL name in the BCC field and put your own address in the TO field. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > How do you send a mailing to a distribution list without > exposing their email addresses to the other recipients? ...

Hide contacts
I must hide some contacts from GAL excepted for 2 user that must to see them and select to send email. If only 2 users need a Contact, why not have them create it in their Contacts folder? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "MauroR" <MauroR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DAC0E2E9-7389-49F0-8736-3B9251DBB274@microsoft.com... >I must hide some contacts from GAL excepted for 2 user that must to see >them > and select to send email. Th...

How do I hide email addresses in outgoing mail
Hint: You post your question in the body of the post, not the Subject. Hint 2: Use the BCC field. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2C2A70C-6C94-4688-8BAF-0A50AC9C142D@microsoft.com... > "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2C2A70C-6C94-4688-8BAF-0A50AC9C142D@microsoft.com... > PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject Have a look here: http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm As posted here MANY MANY times - put them in the BCC...

Internet Explorer 8 Installation
I am trying to install IE 8, but get a message that a required update (KB932823) is required. When I try to download that file, it tells me that a newer version of the program is already loaded and terminates. What's up and how can I download IE 8? The issue with the failed install is caused by leaving the Install updates option on when trying to install IE8. The dll for requesting the update is flawed and the request for the KB goes off to the wrong site. Remove the install updates from the IE 8 install. "klemkaddlehopper" wrote: > I am trying to instal...