Hidden source data

Hi.

I wonder....
Why does my graphs go blank when I hide the cells containing the source
data?
Is there a way to omit this annoying occurrence?

--

Hilsen
�yvind Granberg

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi,

when you go Tools|Options|Charts is there a tick in the "Plot visible
cells only" box?

If there is then deselect that option.

Ken Johnson

0
KenCJohnson (314)
8/19/2006 1:48:45 AM
Thank you, Ken!

That did it!

I fumbled around a little until I found out that I had to mark an graph
prior to follow this procedure.

I'd say my spreadsheets looking much nicer when a lot of number collecting
cells are hidden

--

Hilsen
�yvind Granberg

"Ken Johnson" <KenCJohnson@gmail.com> skrev i melding

> Hi,
>
> when you go Tools|Options|Charts is there a tick in the "Plot visible
> cells only" box?
>
> If there is then deselect that option.
>
> Ken Johnson

clear Archive Attribute of source file on Save As action
When I open a document and do a "Save As" to create a new spreadsheet, the archive attribute is set on the original source file I opened, even though I never saved the original file. Is there any way to stop this behavior ?? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Not that I know of. Maybe you could use windows explorer to copy to a new name first, then open that copy. Another method that worked for me (win98/xl2002) is to do File|Open, select my f...

How to create a hidden message in a folder
Hi there, the application that I am working with requires a hidden message (of any class) to be inside a folder (corporate archive) on the root of the mailbox so that it can identify the specific folder and then archive its contents. I understand that I need to create this hidden message in the Associated Contents Table but i dont know how. Can someone please point me the correct way? is it done on the outlook client? on the exchange server? I appreciate any help Regards Davide You cannot create a hidden message manually. You must use code. Perhaps = the easiest method is to use CDO 1...

Garbage date data now my headache
Okay folks I have a painful .csv file that I recieve daily that is now my problem. Granted I am only as good as my data so let me show you an example of the data: Column A Column B Date Code Date Code Answer X71229 12/29/2007 X71203330382 12/03/2007 X71023 G3 10/23/2007 X71003DWOODS 10/03/2007 X70913 D5 09/13/2007 X70913 09/13/2007 20071215 12/15/2007 20071005 10/05/2007 81007 ...

Question About ACT! and Data Migration Framework
I have downloaded the Data Migration Framework and see that there is an Excel worksheet describing the tables in ACT! and the corresponding tables in CRM 3.0. I am wondering if there is a way to import data directly from the act database (xxxx.dbf) to SQL Server 2005 or do I have to export what I can from ACT! into text files (.csv) and then try to use the import/export wizard in SQL SERVER 2005 to match up the fields?? If anyone ahas any experience with this, please feel free to comment. My end goal is to get our ACT! data into SQL SERVER 2005 without a 3rd party module. Thanks to al...

How to auto format Area Chart Data Label?
Hello, I have an area chart with several labels data point, where the row is the type 939, 949, 969, 999 and Extra, column are date 01/09, 02/09.... and the data value in number of hours. Date Type 01/09 02/09 03/09 939 12.5 60.5 52.0 949 25.5 12.5 12.0 969 979 56.5 60.5 52.0 999 Extra 5.0 2.3 1.1 Depend on the machine number selected, it might have all type 939,etc.. then sometime just return 939 and 999 only. How do I auto f...

Updating data using a macro
A worksheet contains a large amount of data, part numbers, descriptions, price, etc. I am trying to build a separate worksheet to look up, display and update the information for a given part number. Looking up and displaying the information for a given part number hasn't been a problem (VLOOKUP). However, modifying the information and then saving the changes in the original list has been problematic. I can't find a way to copy and paste the data in the correct row in the original list. GOTO would work if I could use the contents of a cell as the reference, but I can't figure o...

Show Data Field After Hiding
I found a note from someone with the same question regarding reshowing data that was hidden after it was deselected from the drop-down list. And yes, it is easy enough to drag it back on from the field list, but if it involves anything more than just a sum or count, then you have to recreate it. For instance, my rows are years. One of my data fields I would like in the table twice - once as a sum and then again as % difference from previous year. The reason for wanting to hide one or the other, is I'm plotting this over time and would like to use the same chart. Since the scales are ob...

New Domain
Hello Everybody! I'm not really a very experienced Windows-Admin - the same is about Exchange Server. The facts: - We have a domain with some windows 2000 servers, about 400 Users - We have also an Exchane 2000 Server with about 400 Mailboxes Now we began to migrate to windows 2003. Because there were problems earlier (I think when we installed Exchange 2000 first time) we have to do some "hacks" in the AD with a tool to manually edit the LDAP-Directory ... Thats why we want to install the servers new - we will not upgrade with the setup-programs to 2003. I think there...

data access pages SLOW to load
I have some Data Access pages made in Access 2000 located on a shared drive. How is it possible to speed up the databinding? Is it in any way possible to keep the connection to the database open when moving from page to page, or when reloading a page? -- justme0010 ...

hidden sheets
Is it possible to hide the worksheets within a workbook, and still have the workbook calculate formulas based off of the hidden worksheets. The reason i ask is i have alot of information within the spreadsheet that i do not really need at this time, and i would like to hide it so that it makes it easier to navigate through the workbook. Hi, Yes you can still read values from hidden sheets and use those values in a calculation and you can write to hidden sheets with code. Mike "Soccerboy83" wrote: > Is it possible to hide the worksheets within a workbook, a...

Exchange 5,5 hosted mailboxes cannot be moved if hidden from the address book
Hi all, I have found that when I try to move a mailbox from an exchange 5.5 server using either the AD Users and Computers snapin or the Exchange system manager then it fails IF the mailbox is hidden from the address book. This only happens when the original server is an ex 5.5 box - all works ok if just moving mailboxes between 2003 servers. Anyone experienced the same and found a solution? Thanks, Chris. ...

envelope source for printed greeting cards?
What source do you folks use for envelopes when you've printed your own greeting card? Anybody have a printable template for a envelope and a way of making it look as good as a store bought one? Suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and thanks to all you MVP's! -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- In the few times when I've made my own cards, the cardstock I bought came with envelopes. I found a few envelope template...

backing up data to cd writer
I use to be able to back up my quickbooks data to my cd directly now with XP Pro a cdwriting software intercepts the data nad than saysa you have file waiting to be written and so on How can I get rid of that bullshit and just back up to my cd direct any body know Please help respectfully beav ...

Custom Views + hidden columns does seem to work
Hi there, I was hoping you could help with some custom views. I've figured out how to create custom views just fine and have created 6 of them. What I wanted to do next was create an identifier on the spreadsheet that would tell the user which view is currently being used (for both viewing and printing). I tried adding 6 rows at the top of the spreadsheet with the name of each view in one row. I would then hide 5 rows and keep row with the view I want identified visable. Then I would save the view. This works fine if I am only hidding and unhidding rows and columns. ...

color coordinate data from IF results for charts
I want to show all data bars that are less than zero to be Red in color and all positive data bars be Green in color. All clearly explained by Jon at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "ASME Help" <ASME Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD061F01-3E29-485E-ACAB-9DD95DC797FA@microsoft.com... >I want to show all data bars that are less than zero to be Red in color and > all positive data bars be Green in color. ...

Add Item to Data List that has Dynamic Source
I have a dynamic drop down list that refers to a long column of names, sorted alphabetically. The list will size itself depending on the letters entered into a reference cell (A1). ResList is a named range that references to the column origin, and ResName is the dynamic named range of the column of names. The source equation is this: =OFFSET(ResList,MATCH(A1&"*",ResName,0),0,COUNTIF(ResName,A1&"*"),1) Question: is it possible to insert a blank as the first selectable item in the resulting list - without VB? -- Kind regards Rik A possible o...

Centering data over a grop of cells
I have 6 columns and want to give the group a name by centering data over them. How do I do that charles j format>cells>alignment and center across selection -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "charles" <instrulab@instrulab.com> wrote in message news:b%evk.29$Z64.28@flpi143.ffdc.sbc.com... >I have 6 columns and want to give the group a name by centering data over >them. How do I do that > charles j > Use "Center across selection", it's on the Alignment tab of Format Cells under Horizontal. charles wrote: > I have 6 columns and want t...

Un-flattening XML-data

auto generate emails from data stored in excel spreadsheet
Hi, Is there a way in excel to automatically generate an email which is stored in a worksheet either using excel macros or in conjuction with outlook. thanks in advance. Mark K Look here http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm Maybe this one http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#message -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "MarkK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:169b901c447f2$268f26b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > Is there a way in excel to automatically generate an > email which is stored in a worksheet either us...

My Outlook 2000 file is hidden
I have actively used a folder to put emails in. A couple of days ago it decided to stop working and now says 'Unable to display folder. Operation failed.' I can search my emails and still have access to the files but I need to look into the folder. What happened? What do I need to do in order to have the folder accessible? Ans <Ans@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have actively used a folder to put emails in. A couple of days ago > it decided to stop working and now says 'Unable to display folder. > Operation failed.' I can search my emails and still h...

Copying Data Without Hidden Values
Please excuse a dumb question. I'm sure the answer is buried in the help files somewhere, but I can't find it. I'm running Excel2002. I have a long column of data with many hidden rows. I need to copy this column for a paste operation, but I want to include only the active, visible fields. Every copy process I've tried ends up pasting the hidden rows also. How do I exclude the hidden rows from the copy process? Thanks, OC Oscar, Select the column, then hit F5, click on Special, select Visible Cells Only, OK, then Copy and Paste. HTH, Nikos "Oscar" <oc@sc.rrno...

Record Source not showing field names
Hi there, I have a Report which is based on two tables. I have a query set up within the Record Source of the Report to return values to the report. In the Record Source Query Tools I have set up the query to only accept certain values. The SQL is here: SELECT [Outstanding Actions].*, [Outstanding Actions].[Date Finished], Tenants.[First Name], Tenants.[Last Name], Tenants.[Mobile Number], [Outstanding Actions].Owner, [Outstanding Actions].[Job Date] FROM Tenants INNER JOIN [Outstanding Actions] ON Tenants.ID = [Outstanding Actions].[Reported By] WHERE ((([Outstanding Actions]....

Where has the data map tool gone to in Excel 2003?
Cannot find it in 2003. Was there in earlier versions of Excel. It's gone as of Exel 2002. Here is MS's statement and a link to another program for map making. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010346591033.aspx tj "macray" wrote: > Cannot find it in 2003. Was there in earlier versions of Excel. If it still resides on the hard drive, you can use it from later Excel versions, through the Insert Object dialog. But I think uninstallation is pretty good at wiping it out. In my case, I have multiple versions of Excel installed on one machine, so Excel 2003...

File error: data may have been lost
I'm running an Access macro to update an Excel spreadsheet. After executing the macro, when I open up the spreadsheet, I get the message: "File error: data may have been lost". I don't believe any data was lost. Why is this happening? I don't use access, but the only time I've gotten a message like that was when excel thought that the workbook was corrupted. I rebuilt it and everything worked ok (knock wood). alex richardson wrote: > > I'm running an Access macro to update an Excel > spreadsheet. After executing the macro, when I open up the > ...

stop entry of data that causes a negative value from a formula
Excel 2002. I tried to use "Validation" on the "Data" menu but that only works on entered data. I have a formula in a cell and if the answer becomes a negative number I want it to stop the user and "force" them to fix it. I used an IF condition but that only displays a message. Maybe you could fix the formula yourself: =max(0,yourformula) if the cell had to be non-negative. Or you could put the message in that same cell... =if(yourformula<0,"Please fix cells x, y, z",yourformula) That might be enough to make it so that they can't advanc...