Hidden Columns - Help Required

I have hidden columns A..D on a sheet of a Excel workbook and the
unfortunate thing is that I have hidden them so well that no matter what
I try I cannot unhide them.  Has anyone any idea what I did and how I get
out of this predicament?
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Gnasher wrote ...
>I have hidden columns A..D on a sheet of a Excel workbook and the
> unfortunate thing is that I have hidden them so well that no matter what
> I try I cannot unhide them.  Has anyone any idea what I did and how I get
> out of this predicament?

Gnasher,

One way is to select the whole spreadsheet, and then Format | Column |
Unhide.

There are at least two easy ways to select the whole spreadsheet:

1) Control A
b) Hit the "spot" where the row ABCDEF... and column 1,2,3,4 intersect.  It
is the very top left hand corner of the spreadsheet.

A second way to unlock columns A through D is the following:

1) F5 (go to)
2) A:D
3) Format | Column | Unhide

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Kevin

0
nospam710 (114)
8/28/2004 3:22:00 PM
In article <edwwFLRjEHA.1040@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, nospam@no123spam.com
says...
> One way is to select the whole spreadsheet, and then Format | Column |
> Unhide.
>
> There are at least two easy ways to select the whole spreadsheet:
>
> 1) Control A
> b) Hit the "spot" where the row ABCDEF... and column 1,2,3,4 intersect.  It
> is the very top left hand corner of the spreadsheet.
>

> A second way to unlock columns A through D is the following:
>
> 1) F5 (go to)
> 2) A:D
> 3) Format | Column | Unhide
>
> I hope that helps.
>
> Regards,
> Kevin

Double phew!  Sorted it now.  Apparently as well as hiding columns, I
had frozen panes on cell E1 (nasty!) which has no visible on-screen
effect and only shows in the menu. Thanx for your help.

Help writing data struct to file for retrieval
Hey all, I'm pretty new to C++ (a VB Convert), and am looking to write a vector full of information to a file for later use. I have this struct for file information. struct FileEntry { CString m_sName; bool bIsFolder; FILETIME time_create; FILETIME time_access; FILETIME time_write; CString file_version; __int64 size; } I have this all stored in a vector which I want to write out to a file prior to an application installation, then I will create the same vector following reboot and compare it with this file. I'm using the CreateFile and Write...

XBase programmer needs help understanding Access
I am an old Foxpro programmer, and I am having trouble udnerstanding Acess. None of the books I have seem to explain things in terms I understand. I need to find out how to handle "relations" between files. In Foxpro, if I had several files, I could "relate" them in order to do lookups, data check's etc. How do I do this in Access? For example, here are some sample files PERSON file with the following fields id first name last name zip ZIPCODE file with the following fields zip city state I would then give the following commands in Foxpro, whcih I think most o...

I need some option group help!
I've revised my code and now I'm having some difficulty. I'm sure the answer is obvious, but I just can't quite get it: I've created a flexible search page. On this page, the user can search for records using all of the criteria or only one criteria. Everything works fine except for the criteria selection from an option group. The name of this option group is OptionGroup and the three radio buttons given the user three different possibilities: Option 1-Choose "open" records meaning there is no date in the Completed field of the table. Option 2- Choose "...

Delete every row if the cells in first 12 columns are empty
Hi, I found some VBA code in this group which I have modified below. I have not been able to get this to work in Excel 2003. Option Explicit Sub DelEmptyRow() Dim ws As Worksheet, rw As Range, c1 As Range Set ws = ActiveSheet ' Cycle through first 2000 rows For Each rw In ws.Range("1:2000").Rows ' first cell in the row Set c1 = rw.Cells(1) ' test if first cell is empty, ' and so do the rest of cells in the row If c1.Formula = "" And c1.End(xlToRight).Column = 12 Then rw.Delete E...

Exchange 2003 install, need help!
We are running Exchange 5.5 sp4 on a Win2k Server sp4 in a Windows 2000 domain. We wanted to (on a new machine) install Server 2003 Standard Ed and then install Exchange 2003 Standard ed and then move the mail boxes from the 5.5 machine. I was wondering if Exchange 2003 on a 2003 server, can live in a Win 2000 domain? If so, do I use the Active Directory Connector from 2003 or 2000? Are there any suggestions and/or info someone can pass on? Regards. "eotrue" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are running Exchange 5.5 sp4 on a Win2k Server sp4 in &...

Formula Help update do not answer 1st post
Forget 1st post Is there a formula so Cell A2 will enter in the following A if cell A1 = 1 B if A1 = 2 C if A1 =3 D if A1 = 4 Thanks in Advance =LOOKUP(A1,{1,2,3,4;"A","B","C","D"}) Courtesy Ken Puls. :) ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "B.B" <me@mail.com> wrote in message news:scZyf.140699$tl.6111@pd7tw3no... > Forget 1st post > Is there a formula so Cell A2 will enter in the following > A if cell A1 = 1 > B if A1 = 2 > C if A1 =3 > D if A1 = 4 > Thanks in Advance > > You may...

Change overlap of 2 columns on 2 axes
I am trying to plot 2 columns of data on the same X-axis but on 2 Y-axis plots. But the columns are overlapping and I can't see one set of data. I don't want them stacked and changing the gap and overlap width doesn't seem to do anything. Suggestions? Hi, You need to add 2 dummy series to act as place holders. Example data set in range A1:E4 B1: =Left C1: =DumRight D1: =DumLeft E1:=Right A2: =One B2: =1 C2: =0 D2: =0 E2: =3 A3: =Two B3: =2 C3: =0 D3: =0 E3: =2 A4: =Four B4: =3 C4: =0 D4: =0 E4: =1 ...

[ANN] The Entourage Help Blog: "Software pirates illegally selling Office 2008 beta"
Posters in the Microsoft newsgroups report they have purchased Microsoft Office for Mac 2008 or the beta, which was still in testing as of October 8. These reports spurred Emma Grant of MacBU to respond to one poster in the newsgroup and confirm that neither Office 2008 nor the beta are available legally for sale More information on The Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2007/11/software_pirates_illegally_selling_office_2008_beta.html>. -- bill William M. Smith, Microsoft Interop MVP - Mac/Windows The Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/> The En...

create data point line in a column chart
I would like to know how to create a data point line as a point of reference for a column chart so that the data for the previous year could be displayed as a line amidst the columns. Thank you for your help. Add the previous year's data to the column chart Right click on the previous year column Choose Chart Type Select a line chart, click OK Annie wrote: > I would like to know how to create a data point line as a > point of reference for a column chart so that the data > for the previous year could be displayed as a line amidst > the columns. Thank you for your help. ...

Patch Help
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C539FC.05AE0680 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Does anyone know how I can get the patch referred to KB article 821543? = At least, is there a download site I can find this at rather than trying = to go through Microsoft's myriad of support mazes? Thanks! --=20 SGolemon ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C539FC.05AE0680 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "...

HELP MEEE
I have aproblem I have .csv from my p900 and another .csv from my out look...I want to merge these two file and get one consolidated contact details!!. My Problem is in p900.csv it's lists on first name basis and in outlook.csv it lists on company..I can't seems to get one haevest file with unique data You help is really appreciated Your description of your problem is too "generic" for me to be able to offer specific do-this-do-that help, but once you import the files into Excel, the data can be manipulated and re-arranged to give you the commonality you need........The...

How to Format a Column???
How can i format a Column in order to show up negative numbers in a re color, BUT using a MACRO.. for example: Columns("G").Select So i want to Format this "G"Column with the option to show negativ numbers ex: if it is -100 will show (100) in red. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I just did it using the Macro Recorder and then viewed the code: Columns("G:G").Select Selection.NumberFormat = "#,##0.00_); _ [Red](#,##0.00)" Of course if doing it in a Macro there is no need to actually select the column: Columns("...

HELP!! Excel 2002 taking up my whole taskbar/ start bar
I would like to only have one instance of excel 2002(XP) showing on my taskbar/Start bar instead of it opening a new workbook each time I open a spreadsheet Can someone help me out with this I don't see anything under views in excel that will let me do this Thanks in advanc profzoom Tools>options>view uncheck windows in taskbar -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "profzoom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B59422D-CE2A-4E6B-B45F-69121C0C37FB@microsoft.com... > I would like to only have one instance of excel 2002(XP) showing on my taskbar/S...

calculating columns
I'm trying to total a few columns with only having the formula in one column. Here's what im trying to get: A B C D 1 Qty Unit Unit Total Cost Count 2 10 $10.00 c $1.00 I need the only formula to be in column D. It needs to take the letter in column C which has a number reference (which in this case, c=100), then divide the value in column B (here it would be $10.00/100=$0....

Hide Rows and Columns based on Date Input
Dates are listed in Column A, starting from Cell A3, and data appears in the corresponding rows (across the page). Not every cell has data in for the corresponding date. For example: The date in cell A5 may have data in Cell B5, E5 & G5. I would like to enter a date (using a command button and input box), this will then hide all rows, except for the row which relates to the date that has been entered. At the same time I would like it hide all columns that do not have data in for the given date. .... carrying on from example above. If the user entered the date that appeared in cell A5...

SQL Change Column name
I am using VB6 as a front end to an Access97 database. My computer has Access2003 and won't let me edit the columns, tables, etc. I can add/change data, but not the underlying structure of the database. I have found & modified a VB front end that will allow me to add/drop tables, add/drop columns, etc. But it doesn't have an option to change a column name. I've done a bunch of googling on it, and know that using ALTER TABLE and CHANGE is supposed to do it, but it's not, so I'm wondering if CHANGE is not compatible with Access97. The SQL statement I'm usi...

Help Needed with automating Check Boxes in Word 2K
I have a protected document that offers 3 levels of services. Each service has a checkbox next to it. I also have a list of several check points (with checboxes next to each) that need to be done base on the level of service selected. I would like to have the automation where by the check boxes next to the check points get marked automatically only for the level of service requested. Example. Service Types are GOLD SILVER BRONZE GOLD = check points 1, 2, and 3 SILVER = check points 1, 2, and 4 BRONZE = check points 1 and 3 and 4 -- tech1NJ As you probably only wa...

Multi-Column Combo-Box Tied by Primary Key
I am sure the subject made no sense. But here is what I am having trouble dooing. I have two tables that I am trying to link together by way of the userid of the individuals. That way the information stays specific to that person and not their first name or any combo there of. My problem comes in that I cannot get the table or the test form that I am working on to display the name of the individual (query based on current personnel) in the form's combo box and hold the userid as the value in the table. No one should be able to see the userid on the form. The table is the only ...

Subclass Help
During the desing of my app, I realized that I would need to have a combobox with a set of pre-defined values (collected from a database). This combobox will be used in many dialogs and for that, I decided to derive my own class. I want the combobox to be populated when created, but I can't figure out how to make it work with DDX. If I "create" it manually, I can do this in "OnCreate," but I'm attaching to a dialog. I don't know what gets called when DDX does the attaching. Any ideas? Thanks in advanced. Eddie. "Eddie Pazz" <drpazz@hotmail...

Extracting Urls into another column.
Hi, as a web developer I often have a list of Links that i need to work on. When I copy from a webpage and paste into Excel I get the Linktexts (ie. _MY_WEBSITE_ ) and would like to have the Url (Webadress) 'behind' this text in another column (ie. www.mywebsite.com). The macro I have managed only copies the Linktext (with the recording function) Thanks for any help! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You could write your own (a userdefined function). I used ctrl-K (insert|Hyperlink) to create the link: Option Explicit Function GetURL(Rng As Range) As String ...

Help with Count formula
I want to count the number of times two or more things appear in the same row. For instance: Row___A_____B_____ 1 10 A 2 12 A 3 14 B 4 10 A 5 11 B For the above example, I would like to count the number of times "10" and "A" appear in the same row. So the desired output should read "2". Any ideas on how to count based on multiple search variables? Thanks. =sumproduct((a2:a22=10)*(b2:b22="b")) -- Don Guillett...

Help! Update trouble since May 20th
I have been having trouble updating Money since May 20th. When I try to update Money says "Microsoft Money could not update your account. Please try to update your account again. If the problem continues, contact Customer Support." I just found out today that on May 19th or 20th a lot of thigns were done to the MSN/Money website and I think they are related. First, tried all the regular troubleshooting items that my bank asked me to do (remove cookies, clear temp. internet items, reboot, etc). That didn't help. Then I installed Money on another computer and setup a new fi...

Copying Conditional Formatting Down A Column
Hi all, I'm trying to copy some conditional formatting down a column. Problem is, I want it to be specific to the row it's on. However, at the moment, all it does is copy the same row reference all the way down the column. Is there a means to rectify this - as if I was dragging a formula down the column? Thanks in advance, SamuelT -- SamuelT ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SamuelT's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27501 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=477142 ...

CListCtrl question: dock columns to right #2
Hi, I have a CListCtrl which is a child of a resizable dialog. (The list control changes its size when the dialog is resizing). I need that the columns of the list will always be aligned to the right. All the columns (accept the first) have a fixed size. In order to achieve this behaviour I catch the WM_SIZE event of the list control and call to SetColumnWidth of the first column. The width that I set to the first column is the width of the list control minus the sum of the width of all other columns. (see code at the end of the question). Generally it works fine, but I get the most strange be...

I could really need your help on importing contacts into Outlook (Please?)
Hi all, I need to import literally 3000 contacts into Outlook. I need to do this for a survey I am conducting for my academic thesis (so, this is not a business problem, and I don't have much money to spend :-(. I am going to mail these companies and am going to send them a questionairre; therefore I need to have these records in Outlook. I want to do this via Excel (since importing it directly into Outlook is not possible due to the list format). Unfortunately, the list (in plain text) looks like the list on the bottom of my message (small example). (The list is Excel is in 2 column...