Help with time subtraction

This is probably a basic question, but here it is anyway.

The 1st cell I want start time, 2nd cell finish time, 3rd cell will be the
difference in the first to cells in #hours # minutes, or even decimal hours.

| 8:00 AM | 1:30 PM |  5 hrs. 30 min.|

Thanks Jeff

jg1 (9)
6/1/2004 9:28:32 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

=cell2 - cell1, formatted as time for hours/minutes view, or

=(cell2 - cell1)*24 for decimal hours

--
Regards
              Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03

"JG" <jg@jg.net> wrote in message news:40bcf55c_6@corp.newsgroups.com...
> This is probably a basic question, but here it is anyway.
>
> The 1st cell I want start time, 2nd cell finish time, 3rd cell will be the
> difference in the first to cells in #hours # minutes, or even decimal hours.
>

> | 8:00 AM | 1:30 PM |  5 hrs. 30 min.|
>

> Thanks Jeff

> -----==  Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

---

ken.wright (2489)
6/1/2004 10:11:52 PM
One way:

    =B1-A1

formatted as an elapsed time.

Since XL stores times as fractional days, to get decimal hours multiply
the difference by 24:

    =(B1-A1)*24

In article <40bcf55c_6@corp.newsgroups.com>, "JG" <jg@jg.net> wrote:

> This is probably a basic question, but here it is anyway.
>
> The 1st cell I want start time, 2nd cell finish time, 3rd cell will be the
> difference in the first to cells in #hours # minutes, or even decimal hours.
>

> | 8:00 AM | 1:30 PM |  5 hrs. 30 min.|
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

sumifs help

Help !

Help with this thing

elapsed time average calculcations
Hey guys, Here is my situation. I have a formula in Column F that is: =INT(D3-C3)&" days, "&INT(24*MOD(D3-C3,1))&" hours, an "&ROUND(60*MOD(24*(D3-C3),1),0)&" minutes" It takes the time from column c and d and shows the elapsed time. Wha I need to do now is make a field in for example F 30 that shows th average elapsed time. In other words, average up all the elapsed time in Column F. I can't figure out a way to do this.. Also, I have the formula above all the way down the spreadsheet. I there a way to hide "0 days, 0 hours, and 0...

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

exch 5.5 help

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

help...help...help

Need help in data copying.

Wrong Sent Time
Yesterday at about 1:00 CDT we requested a supplier use a form in their .ASP application to generate an email confirmation. I had them send it to my office address as well as my home address. The supplier sent the confirmation approximately 90 minutes later. When looking at the email in an Outlook Inbox, the received time is 2:34PM which matches the actual time the message was received. However, the sent time on the opened email is 9:34AM both at the office and at home. In this case, that's 3.5 hours before the request for a confirmation email was sent to the supplier. Looking at the mess...

Macro Help

help me #2

CString help

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

Grouping Time in Pivots.
I have a large DB, this is a small example, Client Date Time 1 5/31/2010 9:32:43 AM 1 5/31/2010 9:34:21 AM 1 5/31/2010 10:51:39 AM 3 5/31/2010 11:10:13 PM 3 5/31/2010 03:13:10 PM 5 5/31/2010 05:42:01 PM 5 5/31/2010 06:45:43 PM 2 5/31/2010 06:47:11 PM 4 5/31/2010 08:50:31 PM I would like to create a pivot table that will count how many times each client placed an order between these time groups, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm 4:01 pm - 6:00 pm 6:01 pm - 11:59 pm Each entry is one order placed.... Assuming Column C contains the Time, use a helper column with the following formul...

Your Help is Appreciated

Adding and subtracting hours in Excel 2000 worksheet
I'm having some success with the addition part but not with the subtracting part! I have an Excel spreadsheet that is used to keep track of time worked by staff on a weekly basis and I need to keep track of the overtime worked. For example, one staff member has worked 40 hours, 54 minutes and 25 seconds in a week (displayed in a cell as 40:54:25 with the cell formatted as Category: --> Time and Type:--> 37:30:55). I then went to subtract 40 hours from the total hours worked to get the overtime displayed and thats where I'm having the problem. I tried the format of "=F9 -...

bcc help

Rules Wizard Help

More help with formula
I need 2 formulas for the following: Problem 1: Columns "c" thru "g" contain numbers from 1 thru 100. If th numbers is those columns are 50 or less then I the sum to go in on column; then the sum of numbers between 51 to 100 to go into anothe column. Problem 2: Columns "c" thru "g" contain numbers from 1 thru 100. If th individual number 1-100 is used (3 times, 4 times, 5 times, etc.) tota the I need to show the number of times it was used in the columns. For example: If 1 is used 5 times in columns C thru G then the numbe is 5; the same with 2, th...

help help help IF function
i am new to excell and need help with a problem...... the problem is iam looking for a amount < = 3000.00 and iam to display in bold and in light green i have never had to deal with that i got as far as =IF<=3000 then iam lost or it that even right?? I'm far from a whiz at Excel but I'd use conditional formatting. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "kimmy" <kimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADC77884-FC87-47A3-90F2-D2AAF957F5D1@microsoft.com... >i a...

IF OR help
I have entered the formula =IF(OR(D5="K",D5<=4,M32<=95),"INELIGIBLE"," ") I am trying to get a result that will display INELIGIBLE when the value in D5 is K,1,2,3,4 OR the value in M32 is less than 96. with this formula I now get INELIGIBLE when D5 is blank. I would like cell to be blank unless one of the specific conditions is met. If either D5 or M32 is blank, I would like this cell to also be blank M32 contains a formula that returns a blank cell unless data is entered elsewhere in the workbook Thanks for all the help -- dbconn...