Help with pivot table

I'm after some help with a pivot table

I have created a work book to log certain defects, and would like to use a
pivot table to show defects per unit on an improvement tracker, is it
possible to have the pivot table to shift cells to the right when it is
updated and required more columns so it doesn't overwrite data on the sheet

it would be like this

the componet fault unit numbers & Total defects are the pivot table & the
action would be the start of the manual data

		Compontent	Fault		Unit Numbers		Total Defects		Action
 						1   2   3   4   5
		Light		Inop		1	   1		      2			xxxxxx
		Bolt		Loose		     1		      	      1			xxxxxx

in the refreshed table the 6th unit is added & the action etc would be
shifted to the right
											==>
		Compontent	Fault		Unit Numbers		Total Defects		Action
 						1   2   3   4   5  6
		Light		Inop		1	   1		      2			xxxxxx
		Bolt		Loose		     1		1	      2			xxxxxx

thanks in advance for any help given

Kev
0
leaper (1)
6/9/2006 7:01:22 PM
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I am not sure I understand what you mean but you can use a dynamic source
for a pivot table

http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot01.html#Dynamic

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging."  Lord Healey

<leaper@false.com> wrote in message
> I'm after some help with a pivot table
>
> I have created a work book to log certain defects, and would like to use a
> pivot table to show defects per unit on an improvement tracker, is it
> possible to have the pivot table to shift cells to the right when it is
> updated and required more columns so it doesn't overwrite data on the
> sheet
>
> it would be like this
>
> the componet fault unit numbers & Total defects are the pivot table & the
> action would be the start of the manual data
>
> Compontent Fault Unit Numbers Total Defects Action
>  1   2   3   4   5
> Light Inop 1    1       2 xxxxxx
> Bolt Loose      1             1 xxxxxx
>
> in the refreshed table the 6th unit is added & the action etc would be
> shifted to the right
> ==>
> Compontent Fault Unit Numbers Total Defects Action
>  1   2   3   4   5  6
> Light Inop 1    1       2 xxxxxx
> Bolt Loose      1 1       2 xxxxxx
>
> thanks in advance for any help given
>

> Kev

0
Peo
6/9/2006 7:21:42 PM
another great resource of Excel help is the Forum at this web site:

Very good, I use both the group and that site, saved my ass plenty of
times...

try it out if you want.

http://www.mrexcel.com

leaper@false.com wrote:
> I'm after some help with a pivot table
>
> I have created a work book to log certain defects, and would like to use a
> pivot table to show defects per unit on an improvement tracker, is it
> possible to have the pivot table to shift cells to the right when it is
> updated and required more columns so it doesn't overwrite data on the sheet
>
> it would be like this
>
> the componet fault unit numbers & Total defects are the pivot table & the
> action would be the start of the manual data
>
> 		Compontent	Fault		Unit Numbers		Total Defects		Action
>  						1   2   3   4   5
> 		Light		Inop		1	   1		      2			xxxxxx
> 		Bolt		Loose		     1		      	      1			xxxxxx
>
> in the refreshed table the 6th unit is added & the action etc would be
> shifted to the right
> 											==>
> 		Compontent	Fault		Unit Numbers		Total Defects		Action
>  						1   2   3   4   5  6
> 		Light		Inop		1	   1		      2			xxxxxx
> 		Bolt		Loose		     1		1	      2			xxxxxx
>
> thanks in advance for any help given
>

> Kev

0
rmiecznik (129)

sumifs help

Help !

Forms, tables, etc. open in separate windows, accessible from the MS Vista taskbar
Dear All How can I set Access 2007 up in order to have the windows (forms, tables, etc.) open in separate windows, accessible from the MS Vista taskbar? In short, I would like to have Access 2007 behaving likewise Access 2003, regarding opening windows. Thanks in advance, Paul Hi Paul, I don't believe this capability exists in Access 2007. You can have the objects open in separate windows within the object workspace by doing this: - Click the Office button - Click Access Options (bottom left corner) - Click Current Database category - Under the Application Options section for the r...

Excel 2007 Tables
Hi, I have turned a range of data into a Table, using the new "Insert Table" tool in Excel 2007. Great new feature!! The problem is, when I insert a new row (by tabbing from the last cell in the last row), the formatting for the cell in the first column does not get applied. All of the rest of the cells in that row maintain the formatting from the row above. All of the cells in the first column above the new row have the same formatting - there is no mixing (bold and italics, for example). Any suggestions on why this would be happening? Thanks! Hi Tammy I love to see yo...

Help with this thing

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

Problem copying table data as a picture onto chartsheet
I'm having a strange problem. I'm creating a special chart which has a pie chart on it as well as some tabular data that is formatted the way we want it on a worksheet, then pasted onto the chartsheet as a picture. (The pie chart aspect is working fine. I'm just having a problem with the tabular data.) When I copy the tabular data manually by selecting the data on the worksheet, then going to the Home tab and choosing the Paste menu dropdown, then "As Picture", then "Copy as picture...". In the resulting dialog box, I choose "As shown on scr...

Access 2007 link table login
Hi I am migrating my Access 2003 to 2007. There a lot of link tables from Oracle in my mdb file. when my applicaiton running, I have to code to login Oracle: Dim wsp As Workspace Set wsp = DBEngine.CreateWorkspace("xxx", "xxx", "xxx", dbUseODBC) Set dbs = OpenDatabase("", False, True, strConnect) ' connect via regular ODBC 'Close the database. The login is still cached so that it is available for any 'Access object that needs it during the same session. dbs.Close This code works great in 2003 but not in 2...

exch 5.5 help

How do I create a table with data selected via a pass through que.
I see the data using a pass thru select query but when I try to use the query in a separate make tabel query, I get an error message. Has anyone done this before? Thx. On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 14:33:00 -0800, kandamj <kandamj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I see the data using a pass thru select query but when I try to use the query >in a separate make tabel query, I get an error message. Has anyone done this >before? Thx. You may want to try saving the passthrough query, and base a new MakeTable query on that saved query. The passthrough query runs on the host, and ha...

Suppress pivot table lines
I'm creating a budget pivot table. Its' source is a worksheet in the same workbook that is linked to individual department budget workbooks. A general budget template was used for all departments and many of the accounts have a zero value in the amount column. The pivot table picks up all the accounts, including the ones with zero values. Is there any way to suppress these lines without actually deleting the linked rows? I'd like to keep the pivot table's workbook flexible and generic but it prints an excessive amount of rows with no numeric values. Thanks, TomD The f...

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

help...help...help

Need help in data copying.

Macro Help

help me #2

League table automatic sort/update
Hi All I'm just getting up to speed with Excel and as an exercise I'm trying to implement a simple league table. What I'd like to know is how to create 'dynamically' a ranking table like the one shown below. Pos Player Points 1 Tom 124 2 Linda 122 3 Harry 107 4 Jayne 100 4 Bob 100 5 Steve 89 6 Mark 88 7 John 80 8 Angie 77 9 Andrew 71 The table is sorted on the points column, the values for which are referenced from another sheet. Ideally I'd Like the table to be sorted automatically as players points total change(based on calculations In another sheet). ...

CString help

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

Grouping Time in Pivots.
I have a large DB, this is a small example, Client Date Time 1 5/31/2010 9:32:43 AM 1 5/31/2010 9:34:21 AM 1 5/31/2010 10:51:39 AM 3 5/31/2010 11:10:13 PM 3 5/31/2010 03:13:10 PM 5 5/31/2010 05:42:01 PM 5 5/31/2010 06:45:43 PM 2 5/31/2010 06:47:11 PM 4 5/31/2010 08:50:31 PM I would like to create a pivot table that will count how many times each client placed an order between these time groups, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm 4:01 pm - 6:00 pm 6:01 pm - 11:59 pm Each entry is one order placed.... Assuming Column C contains the Time, use a helper column with the following formul...

Your Help is Appreciated

bcc help