Help with formula #3

I need to edit this formula 2 ways
=COUNT(J1:J5)
first way I need it to count any cell with a value lower then 10 as 1 and
any cell with a value of 10 or higher as .75

For example if cells j1 to J4 are all valued at 6 but cell J5 is value at 11
the total I get would be 4.75

Second formula I need is to count J1 to J5 only the cells with a value of 10
or higher as .25

For example if cells J1 to J4 are all valued at 6 but cell J5 is value at 11
the total I get would be .25

0
me1461 (26)
1/26/2004 4:26:49 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Leave Alone!

First problem:
=COUNTIF(J2:J6,"<10")+COUNTIF(J2:J6,">=10")*0.75

Second problem:
=COUNTIF(J2:J6,">=10")*0.25

Do you really want us to leave you alone? We tend to use real names
here. It's more friendly.
--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)

0
njharker (1646)
1/26/2004 5:37:11 AM
Just for giggles, and because it involves one less function call, note
that if all the cells in the range have values, that this reduces to

   =5-COUNTIF(J2:J6,">=10")/4

In article <4014a78a$0$19708$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>,
 "Norman Harker" <njharker@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> First problem:
> =COUNTIF(J2:J6,"<10")+COUNTIF(J2:J6,">=10")*0.75
0
jemcgimpsey1 (104)

sumifs help

hide formula in cells till data is available for calc
I recall being able to copy a formula in a column and hiding it until data becomes available to complete the calculation. This way you don't have a series of #value# in the work sheet. The formula contains an absolute reference as well. Thanks, Kiwi A look at your formula would have been nice. =IF(cellref="","",do something) traps for cellref having no data. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 15:02:01 -0700, kiwi <kiwi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I recall being able to copy a formula in a column and hiding it u...

Help !

line graph #3
I have created a graph with two bars and two lines. However one of the lines the line begins and ends before the eginning and end of th egraph, is there a way to extend it? Also the second line graph I would liek to line up the data points with the first bar series. is this possible? Thanks ratio wrote: > I have created a graph with two bars and two lines. However one of the lines > the line begins and ends before the eginning and end of th egraph, is there a > way to extend it? Are the source data ranges misaligned? I can't visualize the problem. > Also the second ...

Excel sorting #3
Is there a way to sort data by absolute value? I have a list of numbers, both negative and positive and I would like the list to have the highest positive and negative numbers at the top (e.g. -10,000 and +10,000 and the lowest numbers to be at the bottom(e.g -1 & 1). ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Blue, In an empty column, place the formula =ABS(A1) then fill down as far as you need to go. Then sort on this column. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson M...

Help with this thing

IM Error Message #3
Hi All, I'm receiving the following error message when I'm trying to run any integration: "The destination could not be initialized due to the following problem: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" The Symptom for this problem is when you go to Microsoft Dynamics GP > Tools > Integrate you will find the two lines “Integration Manager” and “Run Integration” are dimmed, although Integration Manager is already installed. I applied all the solutions that are available on Customer Source Knowledge Base, but didn’t work with me. If anyone could help ...

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

exch 5.5 help

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

Macro Help

help me #2

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

Your Help is Appreciated

bcc help

Rules Wizard Help

More help with formula
I need 2 formulas for the following: Problem 1: Columns "c" thru "g" contain numbers from 1 thru 100. If th numbers is those columns are 50 or less then I the sum to go in on column; then the sum of numbers between 51 to 100 to go into anothe column. Problem 2: Columns "c" thru "g" contain numbers from 1 thru 100. If th individual number 1-100 is used (3 times, 4 times, 5 times, etc.) tota the I need to show the number of times it was used in the columns. For example: If 1 is used 5 times in columns C thru G then the numbe is 5; the same with 2, th...

help help help IF function
i am new to excell and need help with a problem...... the problem is iam looking for a amount < = 3000.00 and iam to display in bold and in light green i have never had to deal with that i got as far as =IF<=3000 then iam lost or it that even right?? I'm far from a whiz at Excel but I'd use conditional formatting. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "kimmy" <kimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADC77884-FC87-47A3-90F2-D2AAF957F5D1@microsoft.com... >i a...

IF OR help
I have entered the formula =IF(OR(D5="K",D5<=4,M32<=95),"INELIGIBLE"," ") I am trying to get a result that will display INELIGIBLE when the value in D5 is K,1,2,3,4 OR the value in M32 is less than 96. with this formula I now get INELIGIBLE when D5 is blank. I would like cell to be blank unless one of the specific conditions is met. If either D5 or M32 is blank, I would like this cell to also be blank M32 contains a formula that returns a blank cell unless data is entered elsewhere in the workbook Thanks for all the help -- dbconn...