Help! Struggling with Page Breaks...

I'm trying to control page breaks with a macro. I can insert breaks OK, but
how do I get rid of the ones that had been inserted automatically?

I tried playing with  <hpagebreak.type> but don't really know how to use it.

I'd like to loop through and check each row to see if it is an automatic
break, and delete it if so.

 Many thanks../RN

0
ran (54)
8/12/2004 7:11:34 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I don't think you can delete automatic pagebreaks.

The answer is to put manual pagebreaks in such a way that the page
will fit on to the paper, when there is no need for automatic breaks
so they are not produced

Thanks for your help... I've tried that, and the automatic breaks don't seem
to be going away, so I end up with pages with just a few lines on them.

What am I doing wrong?  Thanks.../RN

0
ran (54)

Help with MSN Synchronization-Money 2007
Hello, I have been using money for several years and have just recently upgraded to money 2007. Anyhow, I've noticed since I started using it my information has not updated on MSN money the web site (account transactions,balances, etc.) It also does not show my balance on my checking account (it says N/A) and it used to show it before. Is there some setting that has gotten screwed up somehow? Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know if any fixes? I've done everything the knowledge base article said-no results. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Dan Money comes wit...

Need help w/stock status report
We are on 9.0 using manufacturing with all items set up as average cost. The canned stock status reports no longer work to tie to GL in 9.0/10.0 so I am wriitng my own in either Smartlist Builder with a SQL view or Crystal Reports. I just want to get close in tying GL to inventory value. I am thinking on the IV10200, with this (qty received * Unit Cost) - (qty sold * adjusted cost) for each layer. Then the sum of each layer "should" be close to GL. Am I on the right track? Microsoft used to report that using the Average Costing valuation method is never going to tie to the ...

Need help with Serialization
I'm about beaten down with this stuff. When the big program's compilation failed because of these two errors, I created as simple an MFC SDI project as I could and still got them error C2678: binary '<<' : no operator defined which takes a left-hand operand of type 'class CArchive' (or there is no acceptable conversion) .... ditto C2679 for >> It occurs to me that I might not be #include-ing the right header files but no example I've found anywhere shows anything I haven't done. I'm stuck and would really appreciate some answers, hints,...

Need help grouping charts
I have identical charts which occur on multiple sheets. Is there any wa to group them for editing? When I group the sheets themselves, it seems to deactivate the charts I tried doing it with a macro as an alternative and then flipping th sheets one by one and keying the macro, but I get a message box with: "Run-time error 1004", "Unable to get the ChartObjects property of th worksheet class". Does anyone have any ideas -- Izz ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Izzy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getin...

help with SQL query for HQ
Hello! Need two queries. 1. to clear the bin location field for all items 2. to assign a numberical value for the bin location field for each of our stores. ex. store 1 bin location field to read 1, store store bin location field to read 2 any help would as always be greatly appreciated... thank you hi zcsf, 1. To Clear bin location Run this UPDATE ITEM SET BINLOCATION='' 2. To Update the bin location with store id UPDATE ITEM SET BINLOCATION=storeid from Configuration Rate please. "ZCSF" wrote: > Hello! > Need two queries. > 1. to clear the bin location field ...

Money 2003: help - how can I add trended items back into the cashflow analysis
I deleted some trended items from my cashflow analysis by accident on mny 2003, Is there any way of getting them back in there??? thanks in advance. Click on the 'customise cash flow' option which is either on the left hand side of the cash flow display, or right clicking on the chart. To put it back, you need to select an option in there. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or...

Help, with formatting issue?
Under Outlook in tool/options / mail format, if I have it set to plain text and I create new mail, I do not have the ability to select formatting options. Try it, it shows up under customize ok, as soon as you select ok under customize, it blanks out. If I choose to use Microsoft Outlook Rich Text, I can't send some attachments to Outlook express users. Any one able to confirm this? Its driving me nuts.... -- Greg Eshleman ETEMCO 1370 Arcadia Road Lancaster, PA. 17601 717-393-9653 http://www.etemco.net geshlema@etemco.net What about using HTML format instead? It's open st...

I need help in writing/modifying an EXCEL macro
I'm running EXCEL 2002. I need help in writing/modifying an EXCEL macro. If anyone can point me to a resource for sample code or examples to help with the following I would appreciate it. Every month I download a report from a state agency that I need to reformat, create charts from and send reminder emails based on some of the data. The report is downloaded as an EXCEL workbook containing a single worksheet. The worksheet is preformatted as a printed report. I have no control of this formatting and I can not get the data as a .csv file. The report contains 3 sections. See detailed...

Pics in Pub 2000 docs are distorted when view in Pub 2003? Help?
Some pictures that are on pages in my Publisher 2000 documents are showing up distorted when I open the document/file in Publisher 2003. Any ideas? These are embedded pics. Thanks. WordArt? WordArt objects in a Publisher 2000 publication may appear distorted when opened in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;826358 Can you adjust the images? Or re-insert? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "CLC" <CLC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9CCE5A98-E8B3-4F...

Import iWork Pages 'Page Layout' into Word 'Publishing Layout'

help creating dialogue windows
Hi! I just started to learn programming in Excel and I really excited abou it. I have this project that I want to do. At the moment at my company we have a minor technical test we do wit new recruits, most of the times this test is done by phone. The sheet where the answeres are entered is a spreadsheet. I.e there a question in cell A4 and the answer is to be typed in B4. This takes some time, navigating the spreadsheet manually and this ca lead to mistakes. What I want to do is create a dialouge (is it called that?) box fo every question. what I mean is a window that pop ups, with th questi...

OWA front page
HI There, I've noticed on my OWA login page that it goes straight to a windows username and password login box and not to the OWA page with the blue background. How do you make the front page for OWA go to this page isntead of just a username and password box? Hope this make sense. and thanks in advance. will Enable forms based authentication mate http://www.petri.co.il/configuring_forms_based_authentication_in_exchange_2003.htm Oliver "will gerrish" <willgerrish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88AD4DEA-E21D-48A5-9399-EBFBE05E0D48@microsoft.c...

Hotmail Problem Please Help
I am running Exchange 2003 Standard on a Windows 2003 Server. I also have ISA 2000 on the same box. Everything is working fine. The problem I am having is getting mail out to a hotmail address. When I send then mail, I see it sits in the Queue for less then a minute then disappears. It never makes it to the Hotmail address nor do I get any return errors back in my client indicating the mail never made it to its destination. On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 15:51:04 -0800, "Kevin Mc" <Kevin Mc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am running Exchange 2003 Standard on a Windows 200...

Exchange Recovery Help
I have what used to be a SBS 2003 Server that died a horrid death due to a corrupt registry with NO backup. UGH. I have done a parallel install to get file system access and can get to all the files. If I backup the MDBDATA folder can I recover everything? Is there some other files I need to backup while I have file access to make my life easier? Any help would be appreciated because I am diving into this tonight. Thanks -- Shane Young SharePoint911 - "Your SharePoint Help Desk" Hi shane, It depends. Backup your EDB, STM and all the log files. Then re-install your...

Help
When I create a task, is there a way for this task to automatically show up on the calendar? I can drag and drop the task on the calendar, but I'd like it to show up automatically. Thanks. No. Tasks and appointments/meetings/events are entirely different beasts. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Tom_0127 asked: | When I create a task, is there a way for this task to a...

Access Help!!
Hi I have a small query with regards to my database, basically whatI've got is a form which shows item number and cost. The cost changeson a yearly basis e.g. for year 2006 Item 1 was priced at =A32.00however for 2007 Item 1 is now priced at =A33.00. What I am after iswhen the user clicks on the following year i.e. from 2006 to 2007 Iwant the cost column for 2006 to be shown on the form as well as thecost for the current year (2007) and then when the users clicks onthefollowing year the column for 2007 cost is shown and column for 2008etc so only two columns are shown one for previous year...

Header for every page
Good day. How can I create a header row on my long list as such that during printing (or print preview), a header row will appear automatically after each page break. (Instead of manually typing in the cells on each page end.) Thank you. Bobby ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** This will use designated rows of the existing WS itself to be duplicated at the start of every page. <File> <PageSetUp> <Sheet> tab, Under "PrintTitles", you can enter th...

Activation Button and Key... PLZ NEED HELP ASAP
I got a 60 day free trial of Microsoft office and student 2007 addician and everything went great until after I Copied the Key to put in the activation Part to Paste the key (like the instructions told me to). The problem is that when I click the activation key it does nothing. When I right click and force it to open, it comes up website not found, but yet my internet is working fine. Another tip said to turn off your firewall and then it will open. Have any sugestions? Chelsea27 wrote: > I got a 60 day free trial of Microsoft office and student 2007 addician and >eve...

Help #28
I am trying to create a daily,MTD, YTD production report. and we have some days schedule outages in April and Oct. and these are not fixed days. What i want ,on these schedule outages the daily budget should show 'O' and MTD and YTD shoud not count these schedule outage days. How can i acomplish this?. Any help will be appriciated. Thanks In advance For Example DAILY MONTH TO DATE YEAR TO DATE BUDGET ACTUAL BUDGET ACTUAL BUDGET ACTUAL 3,828.00 3,824.15 7,656.00 7,647.41 7,656.00 7,647.41 ...

Newbie needs help with 'multiple XML records'
I am not even sure I have used valid words in my subject line. I have an object that I can serialize as XML and then deserialize it. I want to 'export' a static copy of the object and then 'import' it into another program on another system. My idea is to serialize it, transport the serialized output to the other system and then deserialize it into the 2 nd program. Here comes the hard part. I need to do two things. 1) - Persist the imported object (again serialize/deserialize seems reasonable) 2) - Keep multi instances of this type of object. I am only talking about a max of...

Insert Multiple Pages from Word in Multiple PowerPoint Slides
I have a 10-page Word document (2003) that I want to insert into PowerPoint (2003) While in PP, I went to Insert > Object and then browsed to find the doc. and then I inserted it. But it only inserts the first page of the Word. doc. into the 1st slide. I want it to insert 10 pages into 10 slides. What can I do to insert all the pages? ANY help would be greatly appreciated, Karen In Word, File, you have Send to...PPT If you have use the Style, y'll get one slide per Style part "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: F1D7D2...

How to publish an Excel worksheet as a Web page including heading
I am trying to save an Excell worksheet as a Web page and some of the headings are dropped. Using Office 2003 Are you talking about information on the sheet or page header/footer info? All data on the is taken over in my test. Hans Thanks for the reply. It is headings within the sheet. The odd thing is the only headings that do not appear are where I have headings in col A & B which occupy rows 4 & 5. The heading that disappears is row 4, D through O. There is a sub-heading in row 6 that go across the whole sheet and this appears fine. I discovered a work-around - if t...

How do I hide the page # on the first pg of a multiple pg workshee
I have looked at the help tips and other information on how to change or insert the page number, but I have not found any information on how to hide the page number or delete it. I want the page numbers on the other pages, just not the first one. You can hide the first page number in Microsoft Word, so I assumed you could do the same thing in Microsoft Excel. Hi not so easy. Try the following site for macro solutions: http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Header -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Norsky" <Norsky@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag ne...

Printing same table on reverse side of all pages.
I have an Excel sheet which is several pages when printed. At the moment I print this onto paper which has the reverse side pre-printed with a table. The table is also in Excel format and never varies. Basically I print the table then re-insert the paper into the printer the other way up. The printer I have is capable of double sided printing. Is it possible to print the Excel sheet pages on the front of the paper and the table, which is currently pre-printed, on the reverse of all the pages? I believe it can be done by inserting the table into the Excel sheet on odd pages then printing dou...

Help with a Loop
How do I write a macro which loops this ? Sheets("Data1").Select Range("C5").Select Selection.Copy Sheets("ActivityData").Select Range("C4").Select ActiveSheet.Paste Link:=True Sheets("Data2").Select Range("C5").Select Application.CutCopyMode = False Selection.Copy Sheets("ActivityData").Select Range("C5").Select ActiveSheet.Paste Link:=True Sheets("Data3").Select Range("C5").Select Application.CutCopyMode = False Selecti...