Help formatting text color based on formula

I have searched the forum and find some things that help but not quite
enough.  I have a table of numbers.  In fact there are 300 rows of 5
colums of numbers.  What I would like to do is to change the color of
the number if it matches one of 5 other numbers.

Example                            Reference #s  2  6  23  43  48

01 02 09 08  14
06 14 23 43  44
03 11 23 24  52
etc etc
etc etc

The example list is already populated.  When the reference numbers are
entered I want any number in the example list that matches any number
in
the reference list to change to a specified color.  Any way to do this.
Conditional formatting would work I think but I can only have three
condition and I need at least 5 maybe 6.  Thanks

--
rojoreds
rojoreds's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31431

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Consider:

=((A1=B1)+(A1=C1)+(A1=D1)+(A1=E1))>0  will be true if A1 matches any of
B1,C1,D1,E1

Use conditional formatting on A1 with formula is and the above equation and
a hi-light background color.  Copy down the column.

Apply a similar equation to column B, etc.
--
Gary''s Student

"rojoreds" wrote:

> I have searched the forum and find some things that help but not quite
> enough.  I have a table of numbers.  In fact there are 300 rows of 5
> colums of numbers.  What I would like to do is to change the color of
> the number if it matches one of 5 other numbers.
>
> Example                            Reference #s  2  6  23  43  48
>
> 01 02 09 08  14
> 06 14 23 43  44
> 03 11 23 24  52
> etc etc
> etc etc
>
> The example list is already populated.  When the reference numbers are
> entered I want any number in the example list that matches any number
> in
> the reference list to change to a specified color.  Any way to do this.
> Conditional formatting would work I think but I can only have three
> condition and I need at least 5 maybe 6.  Thanks
>

> --
> rojoreds
> rojoreds's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31431
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=511221

0
GarysStudent (1572)

hide formula in cells till data is available for calc
I recall being able to copy a formula in a column and hiding it until data becomes available to complete the calculation. This way you don't have a series of #value# in the work sheet. The formula contains an absolute reference as well. Thanks, Kiwi A look at your formula would have been nice. =IF(cellref="","",do something) traps for cellref having no data. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 15:02:01 -0700, kiwi <kiwi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I recall being able to copy a formula in a column and hiding it u...

sumifs help

Help !

HTML Emails Loose Formatting on Forward / Reply
We are currently sending out some HTML emails (via a programmatic tool) to members of our company who use Outlook 2000 -2004. These emails use inline style definitions (i.e. defined in the header) that are applied throughout the email (i.e. to table cells, paragraphs, etc.). The problem is: The styles seem to come through fine when the user first receives the email, but when a user replies or forwards the email, the outlook/word editor seems to generate its own interpretation of those styles which ends up being very different from how they orginally looked. I've seen other HTML based em...

how can I get a cell to change color by date to indicate expiery t
I'm trying to get the cell color to change from green to yellow to red as a date entered in the cell gets closer to that date plus 12 months or 36 months. ie some task was completed on 1 Jan 08 and will last for 24 months so I want the cell to read green if the date is still good turn yellow a month or 2 before it expires and turn red and clear the date if expired. So if the cell is empty it should show red. But I want to be able to update the date the task was completed ie it was completed again on the 15 Dec 10 before it expired so I want the countdown to expiration to restart f...

Help with this thing

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

exch 5.5 help

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

Macro Help

Date Format #8
Dear friends, Everytime I type the Date of 10 Dec. 2005 as 10/12/2005, it converted to 12/10/2005 and it refused to be modified when I try to adjust it from FormatCells. -- Regards, ------------------------------------------------- Mahmoud Metwally Ali Jaicorp IT Manager Office Tel. : (202) 3471495/361 Mob. : (2010) 5195169 Look in the Control Panel>Regional Settings and make sure that you don't have English (United States) selected. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Mahmoud Metwaly" <m.metwally@jaicorp.com.eg> wrote in message news:OvoRcV$dFHA.3012@tk2msftngp...

help me #2

Pop Form Based On individual Customer
How would you assign a pop up message for an individual customer for example let say i go to the record john doe I want to assign a pop up message for that specific customer so who ever enters into that record the message will pop up automatically with notes or the user cld add notes. I have the following Customer Table Pop Up Message Table CustomerID(PK) MessageID(PK) LastName CustomerID(Lookup Customer Table) FirstName Note SS# Address1 Address2 City State Zip Phone ...

text box float over photo?
Pub 2k, Is there a way to float a text box over a photo or vice versa? (photo program layering) thanks, Sure, what problems are you running into? If your photo is in the back make the text box transparent.(No fill, ctrl+t). If you place the text box in the back, you will have to think about the wrap. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "L." <ofa@yahoo1.com> wrote in message news:%23fFs6ZDiHHA.392@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Pub 2k, > > Is there a way to float a text box over a photo or vice v...

fixed length within the counta and some text
hello! I would like to generate some incremental number if the cell on the right is not empty e.g. Order0001 Order0002 ..... Order0015 How I can do this with this formula ? How i can convert the output of counta to have 4 digits? =IF(D13<>"","Order"&COUNTA($D$4:D13)&"","") thanks, uma =IF(D13<>"","Order"&TEXT(COUNTA($D$4:D13),"0000"),"") -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Uma Shanker" <asdf834@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d0n7e7$qdk$01$1@news.t-...

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

Creating E-R Diagrams In Visio Based On ACCESS Database
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C48BB9.47434CA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I need to generate an E-R diagram for an ACCESS database that I have = setup. In ACCESS I have defined all of the table relationships using the = relationships tool. Now I am looking for a way to import that = relationships data into Visio to create a more formal and commented E-R = diagram. Any ideas? Thanks, Gary --=20 Gary Novosel Recursion (noun). See recursion. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C48BB...

Your Help is Appreciated

bcc help