Hand cursor (with mailto: info) appears over other cells.

I have a user who uses the hyperlink feature in Excel to open up new
messages to clients by clicking on their e-mail addresses within the
spreadsheet. We've recently seen a behavior where even if she clicks
over the client's name or address, the hand cursor still appears and
instead of being able to edit the cell, it opens a new email to that
client. I'm not sure what has happened. Any ideas?
0
ben3mote (1)
4/7/2009 3:41:38 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

show comments when cell is highlighted Vs when cursor runs over?

Store database on hand does not match Headquarters on hand
We have just completed physical inventory in most of our locations and I have come across a few items where the on-hand quantity in the store does not match the on-hand quantity in Headquarters. (There are no committed quantities for these items.) Is there a routine to check for mismatches, or better yet, one to sync the numbers? The store quantities should be correct. Found it. 501, then 190. "Rick@ASP" wrote: > We have just completed physical inventory in most of our locations and I have > come across a few items where the on-hand quantity in the store...

Copy contents of a cell and paste it into text field
Dear Experts: With some cells in a colum selected (say 10 selected cells in a column: contiguous range) I would like a macro to copy the contents of these cells and paste the contents of each cell in separate text fields. Is this feasible? Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas More info and before/after examples -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "andreashermle" <andreas.hermle@gmx.de> wrote in message news:21aa7180-a39e-405a-a3fd-ec98d8e6f7db@j19g2000yqk.googlegroups.com....

"Applying computer settings" screen appears for longer
I am running Windows 2003 Standard server, and Exchange 2003 Enterprise server. Due to power failure the server went down and came back up with Exchange Information Store service on 'Starting' I also tried to shut all the Exchange 2003 services down before rebooting the server and it failed, Information Store service stopped but the other Exchange related services did not stop. Now, when I shut the server down try to restart the server is just hanging on "Applying computer settings" screen appears for longer than expected? Does anyone know how to fix the issue? Any hel...

How can I change the order that the series appear in the legend k.
I know it is possible to move the series within a legend key in an excel chart into an order that you require as I have done this before but I can't remember how! Any help would be appreciated. Hi, To change the legend order you need to change the data series order. Select a data series and press CTRL+1 to display the format dialog. There should be a Series Order tab with a listbox of data series. Cheers Andy Harriet wrote: > I know it is possible to move the series within a legend key in an excel > chart into an order that you require as I have done this before but I can...

inserting special character in a cell as a macro
I'm trying to copy 5600 items and I need to use a macro to save some time. I have a column with numbers represented as text. For example 01234 as text. the cell adjacent to it is a city ie. Los Angeles I'm trying to use a macro so the first cell is #01234 - Los Angeles. Can someone help me to figure out this macro. =#01234&" - "&b2 or in b3 =b1&" - "&b2 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "johnnyboy" <u26492@uwe> wrote in message news:66240833078dd@uwe... > I'm trying to copy 5600 items and I need ...

CScrollBar appearance
Hi, I have a multiline edit control with a scrollbar (belonging to CEdit i mean) on my dialog. This scrollbar is blue and looks flat (set by the system, XP, standard i think) I have also created a CScrollbar object on my dialog but this one is grey. How can i make the grey scrollbar look the same as the scrollbar of my multiline edit control ? ...

mouse won't move cursor
When I type a new message, reply or forward a message, my cursor can't be moved around the body of the message by the mouse, only by the arrow keys!! ...

format cell formula
I am trying to get this to work... IF C8 = 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 then print 200 in cell M7 IF C8 = 5 or 6 then print 250 in cell M7 I have tried various ways (hopeless at formulas) but can`t get it to work for me. help appreciated thanks Hi, Juco; I didn't see anything in your actual question to do with formatting, but here is one answer to the question: use the IF function with the OR function for its first argument, 200 for its second, and another IF function for its third. Use another OR function for the first argument in the second IF function, 250 for the second, and "" f...

Excel VBA
To count unique values in a column in a range we can use: =SUMPRODUCT((Table!D2:D1000<>"")/(COUNTIF(Table!D2:D1000,Table!D2:D1000)+(Table!D2:D1000=""))) That is if the data range is around 1k+ but what if i want to coun lets say 60k records?? i tried using the above function to count 10 records and it hangs. Does anyone have solution to count up to 60 records? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Give the following a try. I didn't write it, so it'll probably work ;) Cheers Sub ExtractUniqueList() Dim wksList As Worksheet Dim rngList As Range...

Why is there a hand icon on some of my folders in Outlook?
I have been toying around with Archiving folders and all of the sudden some of my subfolders under my inbox have hand icons on them. Why is that? Using Exchange? Are these folders shared perhaps? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Hand Icon on Folders in Outlook" <Hand Icon on Folders in Outlook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7D08C6F-4213...

Payables Inquiery doens't work right. Doesn't show batched info.
When using the payables inquiry the results do not show items in Work status for purchase receipts transactions. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=6a033783-1...

Autopop info choices
Newbie here. I would like to add an autopopulation script when activated to present options with checkboxes or the like, for comments and to create a final comment from the options selected for pasting. Example. When i click the button "Custom Comments", a list of selections popup and populates in a checkbox or soemthing, floating like a toolbar maybe. Selections are and not limited to: Black, white, blue, red, shoes, tops.... When I checkmark "White" & "Red" & "Tops", then I click "Populate Comments", it will show the comments s...

Unset reminders are appearing when starting Outlook
When starting outlook a number of reminders (one for every one of the address book entries) is appearing in the reminders window. I clicked on the dismiss all and all the entries got dismissed. But the outlook did not respond. After some time, the same set of reminders are appearing again! Even if I dismiss, it is not going away. It keeps reappearing. I closed the outlook and started back but still the same error continues. I restarted the computer but still the same problem continues. Why is this happening and how do I get over this? Let me know , please. Regards Shan...

merge cells slow
howdie folks. I'm having an odd situation arise, and it's not consistent, so please bear with me. I'm in the process of merging numerous cells. I'll make my selection, then, while holding down the ctrl key, make more selections. Once I get done with mt selections, I'll merge them all. There will be times that the merge process will fly and go real fast, and then there are other times, when snails could run a marathon faster. Yea, something of an exaggeration, but by and large, it's just chugging along like it'd rather be picking its toenails. Why would this ...

Mailto is not working
I have a user that cannot do a mailto from Internet Explorer 6 using Outlook 2002. When he clicks on the link he gets the following dialog: Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. The object could not be found. He is using Outlook for all his email. Any ideas? I have checked is URL:MailTo protocol settings and they are correct. ...

group cells so they always print together
I have groups of cells that I always want to print together. I want to keep these groups from splitting over page boundaries. Excel doesn't have the same kind of formatting that MSWord has (keep lines together). I think that the closest you'll get is to apply your page breaks manually where you want them. Remember that different printers have different printable areas. You'll want to be as conservative as the "worst" printer that will be used. wrlang1977 wrote: > > I have groups of cells that I always want to print together. I want to keep > these groups...

make an excel worksheet (sheet 2) open w/ the cursor located in t.
I have an excel worksheet with three sheets. Sheets 2 and 3 are locked so that entries can be made in only certain cells. Sheet 3 is linked to sheet 2 so that when an entry is made on sheet 2, the entry appears on sheet 3 in the corresponding cell. I would like sheet 3 to open in the cell the last entry was made (which is the corresponding cell on sheet 2 because sheet 3 is completly locked except for the link to sheet 2) Is there a simple way to perform this task? ...

Displaying the name of a worksheet in a cell ?
I have a workbook with 18 worksheets in it. The first worksheet is to display the contents of all the other worksheets as a single reference so that we can more easily look for duplication. I would like to add a formula in the first column that is going to display alongside all these entries the name of the worksheet that each row has come from... there are currently nearly 1000 rows... Hope someone follows and can help me ? On Feb 2, 1:39=A0pm, NickTheBatMan <nickw7...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a workbook with 18 worksheets in it. > The first worksheet is to display the conten...

Plugins, more info needed
Hi, We are looking at adding plugins to our app, but i am not sure what the best way of doing would it be. Does anybody know where i could find some example of project with their plug-ins. Preferably some code to play around with would be great. How would my app load those plugins? would they all be Dll's that load at runtime? We want to offer an SDK eventually allowing users to create their own plugins, so we want to do it properly to ensure that it is as flexible as possible. Many thanks. Sims. Hi, Typically, you have developers create a dll your app will load that exports cert...

Hand blender
I neede parts for CBS-77 hand blender Hello Manuel, And your active directory question is??? Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm > I neede parts for CBS-77 hand blender > "Manuel Oliveira" <moliv89588@aol.com> wrote in message = news:C7B46C40.149%moliv89588@aol.com... >I neede parts for CBS-77 hand blender > Wow, this is a fi...

cell's literal value
Using Excel97 I have a data set downloaded from another program. It has several columns filled with text values. I would like to combine this text strings into one column. What is the best way to do this? Is there a way I can refer to the cell's literal value rather than as a reference to the cell and save the literal value into a new cell? Thanks in advance. Andy Hi Andy =A1&B1&C1 or with a space between them =A1&" "&B1&" "&C1 You can use a function also ' =Rangecat(A1:A10," ") This in the worksheet ' from J.E...

cell comment #2
Hi all, In cell B6 I have a formula like this: ="sometext "&G6-H6&CHAR(10)& " state = " & round(AB6;2) & " (until date " & TEXT(TODAY(); "d-m-yyyy") & ") " & CHAR(10) & " balance = "&Q6 This results in three lines of text that I want to put in the cell comment of N6 (that may or may not already have a cell comment that could have text or nothing in it). I tried a lot with code like Range(...).ClearComments Range(...).AddComment Range(...).Comment.Visible = False ...

How to email without all recipient's name appearing in the To fie.
How would I create a list like a distribution list and be able to email all on the list but without the entire list of names appearing in the To: field? I want one name in the To: field for each email. That would require a mail merge. Mail merge cannot use DL's. Outlook uses Word for performing mail merge functions such as Form Letters, mailing labels, envelopes, and fax or email merges. For an overview of these functions take a look here: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/printlabel.htm http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/mailmerge.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Jeff&qu...

=[cell] returns 0 if blank
When you do =[cell] and the cell being referred to has nothing in it th =[cell] returns a 0. I need this to return exactly what's in the cell being referred to - i nothing if there's nothing in it. I've tried formatting the referred cell and the =[cell] cell to genera and text but it still returns a 0. Anyone help ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can't return nothing - all functions return something. But you can return a null string: B1...