group box line color

Anyone knows whether or not it is possible to change the line color (or
remove the line) of the group box (the one on the Forms toolbar, not the
Toolbox one)

Cheers, Patrick

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You can hide the lines using some VBA:

Option Explicit
Sub testme()
    Dim GB As GroupBox
    For Each GB In ActiveSheet.GroupBoxes
        GB.Visible = False 'true
    Next GB
End Sub

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Cheers, Patrick

"Dave Peterson" <ec35720@msn.com> wrote in message
> You can hide the lines using some VBA:
>
> Option Explicit
> Sub testme()
>     Dim GB As GroupBox
>     For Each GB In ActiveSheet.GroupBoxes
>         GB.Visible = False 'true
>     Next GB
> End Sub
>
> If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at:
>
> Patrick wrote:
> >
> > Anyone knows whether or not it is possible to change the line color (or
> > remove the line) of the group box (the one on the Forms toolbar, not the
> > Toolbox one)
> >
> > Cheers, Patrick
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson
> ec35720@msn.com

You can put this code in the workbook, run it and then delete the code.

In fact, you could put this code into a separate workbook, run the code and save
it in a nice spot in case you need it again.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Grouping data
I am trying to group data for a specific event and have not been successful, so I am hoping someone can help. ID Date Value 174 12/3/2007 102 174 12/3/2007 909 174 12/11/2007 405 174 12/11/2007 701 206 12/6/2007 1001 173 12/3/2007 500 I want to group by ID, the MAX Date for that ID and the Max Value for the ID & Max Date The desired result would be: ID Date Value 174 12/11/2007 701 206 12/6/...

Group Footer at Bottom of Last Page of Group
I would like for a group footer to appear at the bottom of the last page of a group -- either hide the page footer on pages if it is not the last page of the group or have the group footer print at the bottom of the page. I have used the instructions to reset the page number and the total page count for each group. (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841779/en-us) I was hoping to be able to set it where if the page equals the total pages of the group, it will make the page footer visible. For some reason, if there is more than one page, it doesn't work properly. I have also used the i...

automatically deletion of lines
Hi there, I want to paste tabular data into excel and automatically delete all rows not starting with a specific text in col A from the just pasted text (it will be fine to delete the lines from the whole sheet, since there will be nothing else on it). It should trigger upon pasting into that particular sheet. Unfortunately I know squat about vb-programming, so I would very much appreciate a step-by-step instruction of where to put any provided code. Thanks Knud ...

Customise button reply to and add text to subject line
I am trying to find a solution to a problem grateful for some direction. I have managed to configure a button in outlook to create a new email and add specific text to the subject line by adding mailto: as an email address and then specifying the text in the subject line. What i need to do is to configure a button which will add specific text "authorised" to the subject line when i click onto reply or reply to all. Is there an easy way to do this without creating vast vba ?? No. You'll need to use VBA. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips...

query based distribution group
Hello all running Exchange 2007 sp2, I need to modify an existing query based DL so it finds mailboxes and if the account has two different email address stamped on it. For example if the mailbox has test1.com and test2.com and it's a mailbox then make it a member of the query based DL Thanks for any help If it has those two e-mail addresses? That should return just one recipient. Or do you mean a recipient with any two proxy addresses? I don't believe that's possible with LDAP. Or do you mean a mailbox-enabled user with proxy addresses in two domai...

Combo box
In Access 97, I'd like to automate sending an email if the status of "Completed" is selected from the dropdown list. The email would always go to the same address, basically a notification that the status is complete. Thanks, Mary I'd also like to include in the subject or message body the value in one field on the form if possible. "Mary" wrote: > In Access 97, I'd like to automate sending an email if the status of > "Completed" is selected from the dropdown list. The email would always go to > the same address, basically a notifi...

what do i type in the pop3 box with a new account
what do i type in the pop3 box with a new account in msoft outlook wayne wrote: > what do i type in the pop3 box with a new account in msoft outlook Depends who your ISP is. Ask them. ...

Adding Horizontal Lines to a stock chart
How do I add horizontal lines to a stock chart using vba? What i am trying to do is this: I am pulling historical stock data for a certain time frame and displaying it in an excel stock bar chart. I also have levels which i want to display on this chart, but can not figure out a way to do it. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks! Mike Combine these two methods: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/StockChartPlus.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - ht...

Creating Universal Groups with Distribution Group members?
Hello all. We have a Windows 2003 Active Directory with Exchange 2003, and I don't really want to duplicate work, but I think I may have to (ugh!). Here is the deal. I need to create an All Managers Universal Group with every group that has managers in it. So, what I tried doing, was I created a Universal Group and added the _All Managers DL into it -- but that didn't seem to work, according to my boss who asked me to create this UG for him. So, my question is, am I not allowed to add DL members to a Universal Security Group? And if now, is there any way that I can take...

Navigation pane
Whenever I try to click on Item, to see items list from Navigation Pane, it gives me an error of saying " MS SQL Server cannot insert the value NULL into column ' BASEUOFM', table 'tempdb.dbo.##XXXXXXX; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails I wonder why it does Please help Take a look at your IV10401, IV30701 and IV40201. Each of those tables contain the BASEUOFM column. Look and see if any record has a blank in that column. "viol-8-r" wrote: > Whenever I try to click on Item, to see items list from Navigation Pane, it > gives...

Distribution Group list
I have a problem with the distribution group list. Here it goes: I removed and deleted the account from this group list but whenever I send a task, it always tries to reach this deleted account and give me a undeliverable error message. Please help. Thanks Restart Exchange services. Linh wrote: > I have a problem with the distribution group list. Here > it goes: I removed and deleted the account from this > group list but whenever I send a task, it always tries to > reach this deleted account and give me a undeliverable > error message. Please help. Thanks ...

Data, Group got error message Cannot shift object off sheet
I created a command grouping several columns together by going to Data, Group. When I go to click on the "-" sign to group. It gives me an error message;"Cannot shift object off sheet". Why? and how can I fix it. Maybe you have some objects that get rearranged when you hide the columns using your grouping symbols. This may have some suggestions that work for you. It's kind of a similar problem. XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;211769 Remember to look for comments and merged ...

Check Box Formatting
HELP! I have a worksheet with various checkboxes on it for a user to fill out. This form was prepared by someone else and works fine on his computer. The problem is after I print out the form or do a print preview, the check boxes all move to the left of the page! For example, there are a series of boxes going down column G. After printing, they go to Column A. I have tried recreating the form on my machine and the same thing happens. I am using Excel 2002 (XP) SP3. Has this ever happened to anyone else or any suggestions? THANKS. maybe... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx...

Local Data Groups
Hi, Does anyone know if its possible to create local data groups for offline clients and somehow push the groups out to all users, rather than going to each outlook laptop client? Jo Savidge You can deploy the SFO client using group policies. When the user next logs onto the domain the SFO client will be installed ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft "Jo Savidge" <JoSavidge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAE65DA4-C2E3-4F50-A78B-39C98940A129@microsoft.c...

graphing by group
I have 10 individuals in 5 groups. I would like to graph the individuals but keeping them within their groups. When I try to graph it ends up as 10 groups. I would also like to make each group of individuals a different colour. Thanks, Tim Hi Tim In Step 2 of Chart Wizard make sure you have Series by Rows or Series by Columns correctly selected. If you groups are in different columns us Series by Columns other wise use Series by Rows -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Tim Pasma" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

List box and command button to display results in new form
I am missing something. In Access 2003 I never had this problem, but now I am using 2007. In a form I would create a list box that would display one column from a table. Then I would create a command button using the button wizard that would then open a form which would only display certain records, then I would link the list box to the appropriate column in the table and it would display the correct results according to what was selected in the list box. In 2007 I can not link the listbox to the appropriate column in the table in the wizard. Am I missing something when I create t...

how to show the rectangle box position
i have one rectangle box on a sheet. whenever i move the rectangle box to left or right or top or bottom i would like to show the position of the rectangle box in cell("a1") how can i write some code to show that? ...

Round corners on a box
How do I round corners in a box that I have filled with a colour. Use the autoshapes, it has a rounded square... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "nikon tony" <nikon tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB6B467D-21ED-4516-A324-E3274A6F80C7@microsoft.com... > How do I round corners in a box that I have filled with a colour. Hi Mary, Many thanks for the reply, it hass been 100% useful. I could not for the life of me find that. Thank you. Tomy "Mary Sauer" wrote: > ...

Passing option group value to vba function
I'm sure I've done this before but can't for the life of me figure it out now, and hours of research online haven't helped. I'm simply trying to pass an option group value from a form to a vba function. I'd like the user to choose option1 or option2 and when they click a button, the function will run an if statement like "if option1.value=true then...." I've got 2 options named option1 and option2 and a frame called frame20, what else do I need? I've also tried bounding the selection to a textbox, but keep getting errors. Any help on the process? Tha...

Problem
We are having the following issue, when a user using Outlook XP that has two email Inboxes switches from one Inbox to the other, there is a delay of two to three seconds before the messages are displayed on the screen. We've checked with the Exchange group and everything seems to be ok at their end, this is driving me nuts, is there a setting on the GUI that I should be aware of, or that I am missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you in advance, Jose P.S. This is only happening with PCs with Outlook XP! Disable Instant Messenger in Outlook... TOOLS - OPTIONS - OTHER ...

managing distribution groups
Hello all, I am running exchange 2003 and I would like to know is there a way and I can have a regular user maintain my distribtion groups. If so how would I go about that? Thanks so much Mike You can grant permissions at the disty group level to allow ordinary members to add and remove users. Be careful to only do disty groups as security groups changed by users in outlook is a touch insecure. "Mike B" <MikeB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F2F3709-0900-46B1-B87B-A2449FD44B75@microsoft.com... > Hello all, > > I am running exchange 2003 and...

Line chart functionality
I'm trying to create a chart in excel and can't get it to do what I want. I'm tracking data points over time and I want the area below the line to be shaded when a certain value is True. So my line chart will have sections where it is shaded under the line (up to the line) and periods where it is not shaded. Can anyone help me accomplish this...Thanks! Stan sueland@samaritanasset.com [This followup was posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting with an email copy to Stan Ueland. Please use the newsgroup for further discussion.] You can pull this off with a couple of building b...

DSum by group
I have a textbox with a DSum function, but would like it to query only within each group. It seems that most other functions (e.g Avg) automatically calculate by group, but DSum doesn't seem to be. =DSum([MKTCAP],"QryFILTER",[MKTCAP]>100) The text box is within the Group Footer, and I'd like it to return a different value below each group. Thanks! "RussG" <RussG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:697878DC-521A-4423-BB7F-97089D536EF2@microsoft.com... >I have a textbox with a DSum function, but would like it to query only >within...

Re: Protecting worksheet with grouped cells
I have a worksheet which has rows as well as cloumns grouped. After protecting the worksheet I am unable to expand and collaspe my groups. error:"You cannot use this command on a protected sheet..." Is there a work-around/solution to this problem? You can only enable outlines and have worksheet protection through a macro: With Worksheets("Sheet1") .EnableOutlining = True .Protect UserInterfaceOnly:=True End With The EnableOutlining property (and UserInterfaceOnly) is not saved with the workbook unfortunately, so this code would have to be run ...

Grouping and grouping within groups
I really need help, and help fast, so thank you ahead of time! I nee to know how to group and group within a group. I have been able to d a group, but once I group within the group and try to group anothe group withing that group it combines them. I know I can put a spac between the information so it doesn't combine them but that doesn' seem to be the right way to do things. For instance I have thre different area codes and I want to group them, then within those group I have five different colors of houses in that area code. I want t group the different colors within their area ...