Gord D. Re "A document with the name *.xls already open

"/unregserver followed by /regserver"
instruction worked !

Thank you very much

Gary

0
gacoles (5)
11/23/2003 5:22:34 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Thanks Gary

Will start posting that along with the other tips.

Gord

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 17:22:34 GMT, "Gary Coles" <gacoles@telus.net> wrote:

>"/unregserver followed by /regserver"
>instruction worked !
>
>Thank you very much
>
>Gary

0
Gord

Apply Payables Documents
I would like to apply a transaction from the "Apply Payables Documents" window, but every time, I received this message "You can't choose this document because it is part of a recovered batch or is still in the process of posting". I verified in the Batch Recovery window and the list is empty. OK, couple of theings to look at. First you need to determine whether or not the batch actually posted. Check the vendor transaction files in payables to be sure the trx posted - check each trx - not just the last one or first on. After that look at the check register ...

C: drive copy / backup to D:
I have installed a second hard drive (D:) which I intend to be a backup for the C: drive. All I would like to do is copy the entire C: drive to the D: drive on a weekly schedule. I've looked into the Backup utility in XP and it's close to what I want, but it makes a bkf file rather than a copy. This is not as convenient for me (I'd like to be able to manually examine the files on D:) also I read the bkf file is corrupted even with a single bit error. I've looked at some other freeware programs but its the same deal, although the compressed format differs from product ...

Can't open workbook by clicking on file
Why won't double-clicking open the workbook? When I am in Windows Explorer (or other folder) with excel file in it I double-click on the file and xcel opens WITHOUT a workbook! If I have one or two workbooks open and double click on the nex workbook I want to open, it still opens a blank xcell window, not blank workbook, a blank xcell window. I am runningwindows XP. It did this with office 2000, and now afte installing Office XP 2004 it STILL does it. The only way to open a workbook is to open excel first and then us open command and navigate. Sounds minor, but can't do merge i...

Why when i have more than one workbook open and i want to save ch.
When i want to close only one workbook all of them closes and then i have to reopen the ones i want Why? Hi at the top right of the screen do you see two X - the top one should close the application and all workbooks - the bottom one should close only the active workbook does this work for you? if not, does using File / Close from the menu work? Cheers JulieD "Jaykhi" <Jaykhi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6802A15F-D23B-4458-B1DE-8E56E3686B69@microsoft.com... > When i want to close only one workbook all of them closes and then i have > to > ...

cannot open web links
When I get e-mails with web links in them I cannot click on them and open them from outlook express anymore. Can anyone help? frustrated <mayfairyouth@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > When I get e-mails with web links in them I cannot click > on them and open them from outlook express anymore. Can > anyone help? 1) Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. 2) In IE, click Tools>Internet Options>Programs>Reset Web Settings -- Brian Tillman ...

Viewing a file before it is open
There is an option under File, Open called preview. Yet I can not view any excel files. It always shows "Preview not available" Is there a setting that I need to change to be able to do this? You must save the file with the "Save preview picture" enabled for that file. There is no global save function that I know of. With the file open go to File>Properties>Summary. Checkmark option at lower left. Save the file. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 5 Sep 2006 17:41:02 -0700, William <William@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >There is an option und...

Publisher catelog merge- cannot open data source file
whether I try to open the source file or open a new one, I get the message: operation cannot be completed becasue of dialog or database engine failures. Please try again later. Troubleshooting advice suggestd to undate the engine from Windows update - can't find it. Does anyone have more specific troubleshooting advice? This article has a solution: You receive a "The operation cannot be completed because of dialog or data base engine failures" error message when you try to perform a mail merge by using an Outlook 2003 contact folder in Publisher 2003 http://support.mic...

re-install?
Using MS Publisher 2000, its been installed for a long time on my IBM Netvista P4, Win XP Pro system. I installed Partition Magic and set up an additional partition on my hard drive (250 GB) and thereafter Publisher will not load. When I try to load it I get the following message: "This application must be installed to run. Please run Setup from the location where you originally installed the application". I've un-installed and re-installed Publisher and still the same results. I suspect there is some entry in my registry that is not allowing a pure clean install of Publisher...

filtering a form re-visited
I posted this in a previous question which quickly became ugly so I thought I'd start over. When I remove "strCriteria" from this line: DoCmd.OpenForm strFormToOpen, acNormal, strCriteria then [frmPackaging] opens but NOT filtered. If I leave "strCriteria" in the line then [frmPackaging] does NOT open. Does anyone see what's wrong with my strCriteria? Thanks for you time! Private Sub cbMainSelect_AfterUpdate() Dim strFormToOpen As String Dim strCriteria As String strCriteria = "Forms![frmPackaging].Form![cbqryTypes] = Forms! [KEYSTONEediti...

export documents
Hello, I have outlook 2003. Can I have a bunch of emails in a folder. then somehow export that folder and emails to my local machine? that can be read in html or word format? thx Hi Greg in Outlook: Select the emails you want to copy go to File>Save As and save them as Text only (*.txt) to a new folder in a location on your local machine. You will only get the text content of the emails by this method. Otherwise you can open each one individually and save as *.html, but this will only include images if they are embedded in the email as opposed to being attached. I don't know of ...

Open record from email
Hi. I'm creating a database for recording modifications. There's a set workflow of authorisation that has to be followed. I'm making it so a user can double click on a Signed field and it inserts their login name, with the field being locked otherwise to make sure it can only be that person whose name can be recorded. no problems there. Once they've signed, an email will be generated for the next person. No probs there either. What I'm after is some way to attach something automatically that will let that next user double click to open the relevant record dire...

Open These Additional Mailboxes
If I want to open an additional mailbox in my Outlook 2003 client and I'm a member of the Domain Admins, and Exchange Admins (thus I'm inheriting explicit DENY rights to the additional mailbox) how can I perform this? The DENY right is being inherited from the Default Exchange Store rights, but I do NOT want to modify the default DENY right for the mailbox store. I added my specific account to the Mailbox Rights in ADUC, but I imagine the DENY right is overridding it. Thanks. ...

PERSONAL.XLS does not load on startup
My personal.xls file does not load on startup! It is located in the proper directory and can be opened manually and function normally after that. HELP! Gary What do you consider the proper directory? XLSTART? There could be several of these on your computer. Search to see if you perhaps are using the incorrect XLSTART folder. Move Personal.xls around until you find the correct one. Gord Dibben Excel MVP XL2002 On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 09:27:51 -0500, "Power, Cary [RICH1:W131:EXCH]" <caryp@americasm01.nt.com> wrote: >My personal.xls file does not load on startup! It i...

Input Form Field Names in VBA
I plan to write some VBA code for a command button on an Input Form. Can anyone help with answers to the following questions: 1) In VBA, how do you reference the values (field names) of the fields in the previous Input Form that was displayed? 2) In VBA, how do you reference the values (field names) of the fields in the Input Form that is currently displayed? 3) Are the field values from the previously displayed Input Form stored in a named buffer? If so, what is the VBA buffer name? 4) Are the field values of the current Input Form stored in a named buffer? If so, what is the VBA buffer...

excell documents
when i double click on excell documents on my desktop nothing happens. instead, i must open excell first click on file then open its then that my documents opens. any idea on what might be causing this. makolomakwem@ananzi.co.za -- hunter Can you single click the excel document to highlight it from the desktop. If so, can you then select "Enter" to open the document. Does the double-click issue happen with any other items on the desktop? "hunter" wrote: > when i double click on excell documents on my desktop nothing happens. > instead, i must open excell first...

Help Spell Check in Word 2007 Protected Documents
I have created a protected form and noticed it didn't spell check when I tested as a user. I searched and found http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/SpellcheckProtectDoc.htm I copied and pasted into VBE re-protected the document closed and opened as a user and still unable to spell check. Is there something I'm missing. Perhaps clearer instructions? Could someone please walk me through this step by step? Perhaps I don't have a full understanding of Macros?? Note that you will have to run the macro manually, for example by assigning a toolbar button. See http://www.g...

Dynamic Class Property Name
I apologize in advance for the cross posting, but I'm trying to widen the set of eyes that is able to see this from microsoft.public.access.formscoding, since I haven't gotten an answer there yet. I have a requirement to essentially take the things in a column returned by a query and reorder them as rows. The rows aren't necessarily in the same order as the columns, and some require processing. Once all the rows are assembled, I need to write them all out to file. To accomplish this, I created a class with properties corresponding to each row that I need. I run the query an...

Stop excel icon showing at the bottom when opening spreadsheets
how can i stop the excel icons showing at the bottom when i open multiple spreadsheets. this can be annoying when you have other applications open also. Hi Rajesh, I assume you mean the Excel icons in the Windows taskbar. To prevent these from appearing go to Tools -> Options and on the View tab deselect the Windows in Taskbar checkbox. Michael "Rajesh" wrote: > how can i stop the excel icons showing at the bottom when i open multiple > spreadsheets. this can be annoying when you have other applications open also. > > ...

Having problems opening pst file
When I try to open a pst file - I get the following message "Properties for this informaton service must be defined prior to use" then I get another pop-up "Errors |\ve been detected in the file C:\WINDOWS\APPLICATION DATA\MICROSOFT\OUTLOOK\outlook.pst. Quit all mail-enabled applications, then use the Inbox Repair Tool" Please help!!! I have important contact information I can't get to. GHR 770-451-8565 x11 "GHR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012d01c3ddf8$5ef50650$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to open a...

Open and Save Files in Directory
I'd like to be able to select a directory and for each .xls file found in the directory 1) open the .xls file 2) write the name and date saved in another workbook (in this case "workbook report.xls") and 3) save and close the workbook. I have the shell of the loop but I'm missing the pieces where I've written comments. A solution for this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. Sub OpenAndSaveFiles() Dim wkbk As Workbook Dim StrWkbk As String ' open a form that allows the user to select a directory i.e. C:\temp Workbooks("Workbook Report.xls&qu...

How can I view files chronologically when opening multiple files
I often open multiple invoices for the same account, and I want to view them beginning from the oldest to the most current. However, Excel situates them in reverse order such that when I close one or do "ctrl tab" to step to the next file it always steps to the newest file. I would prefer the "stepping" begin and proceed with the oldest files. I don't know that we have any control over the order Excel opens workbooks or stacks their windows. You can press Ctrl-Shift-Tab to go in the reverse order though. -- Jim "Stevilsize" <Stevilsize@discussions...

unable to open money #2
I am recieving an error opening my money 2005> It is telling me it is unable to load the registration library(DLL) Any help would be appreciated! In microsoft.public.money, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am recieving an error opening my money 2005> It is >telling me it is unable to load the registration >library(DLL) Any help would be appreciated! See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;288768&Product=mny ...

RE: Exchange monitor notification can't send me alerts...
I have Exchange 2000 SP3 running Windows 2000 SP4 and using Outlook 2003. I am trying to setup exchange to monitor the status of the hard drive space on the C: I know how to do that and I was able to setup notifications. The notification was able to send to my work email address but it won't send to my nextel cell phone. I was able to send mail to my cell phone so I know that my cell phone can receive text messages. Can anyone please advise? ...

Re: Adding Graphics to a Report
Duh! the second line in the code should read Me.Pic2.Picture = "E:\Downloads\EvsClipArt\Animals\OURPETS\cat.png" Time for bed!!! Evi "Evi" <evwool@TakeThisOutntlworld.com> wrote in message news:... > Paste the graphics one at a time into eg IrfanView (wonderful freeware app) > and go to File, Save As and save them into a folder as PNGs. Irfanview will > let you do this. Put your db into the same folder so they will always stay > together. Note the file path to your pictures. In Windows Explorer, Tools, > Options, Folder Options, View, tick the box ...

Sort order on Account Name in Nordic Languages
My client has an english version of Ms CRM 1.2 installed. The problem is that in Sweden we have three letters Å, Ä and Ö and usually, in other Microsoft programs, sorting in no problem, but in Ms CRM 1.2 it doesn't work. Å, Ä and Ö is treated as A and O. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this? -- /Inger This should be handled by the collation set in SQL. Problem is, I don't think you can change this after SQL has been isntalled. I also do not know if you can change it on the existing DB or not. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Inger Li...