Going to a page depending on a combobox or a number in a cell

Hello everyone,

I've a problem and been searhing for so long and still need help.

I want to use a Combo Box as a shortcut list that will choose a sheet to go.

For example; When I choose "Poems" form the Combo Box list, I want Excel to
open the sheet "Poems".

Alternativley;

 If there is a number in cell A1 as "1" than go to (or jump to)  "Sheet1",
if the number is "2" than go to "Sheet2" , if the number is "3" than go to
sheet "Poems"   etc. etc.

How can I make this?
Really need help..

Kindly regards..
0
Juke (4)
11/24/2006 11:25:01 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You may want to look at using an addin that would be available for each workbook
you open.

http://contextures.com/xlToolbar01.html
From Debra Dalgleish's site.

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> You may want to look at using an addin that would be available for each workbook
> you open.
>
> http://contextures.com/xlToolbar01.html
> From Debra Dalgleish's site.
>
> Juke wrote:
> >
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I've a problem and been searhing for so long and still need help.
> >
> > I want to use a Combo Box as a shortcut list that will choose a sheet to go.
> >
> > For example; When I choose "Poems" form the Combo Box list, I want Excel to
> > open the sheet "Poems".
> >
> > Alternativley;
> >
> >  If there is a number in cell A1 as "1" than go to (or jump to)  "Sheet1",
> > if the number is "2" than go to "Sheet2" , if the number is "3" than go to
> > sheet "Poems"   etc. etc.
> >
> > How can I make this?
> > Really need help..
> >
> > Kindly regards..
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
Juke (4)

Where Do Messages Go??
If there isn't a kink in my program and it's behaving as it should, I hope someone can answer my questions. Messages disappear. Example: I e-mailed a friend, who e-mailed me back. When I answered that response, I could find no trace of it in "sent mail" or anywhere else, and the item in my inbox maintained its appearance as unread mail. If I click "mark read" it disappears altogether. I've lost several messages this way. Also I seem to be unable to drag a message from one folder to another. It gets lost in the transporter, never to be seen agai...

printing out blank pages
I just installed office word 97, when I print review everything looks good. When I print I get blank pages. Other programs are printing fine. Thank you, -- judy Which color is the text? Maybe you have run out of ink for that particular color? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "jkg" <jkg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:355376DE-9CCC-40D7-963E-C5F152D29B4D@microsoft.com... >I just installed office word 97, when I print review everything looks good. > When I print I get blank pages. Other programs are printing fine. > Tha...

Where do the Archives Go?
I cannot find the information Outlook claims to have archived for me. Yes I know how to display the archived calendar, but it's blank. Any ideas? Thanks! I use XP, and Office 2007. "6Sigma 5s No Clue" <6Sigma5sNoClue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B239B721-DCF1-4337-947D-B325D4BF0E4A@microsoft.com... >I cannot find the information Outlook claims to have archived for me. Yes I > know how to display the archived calendar, but it's blank. Any ideas? > Thanks! > > I use XP, and Office 2007. Why do you think Outook is arch...

Excel column headings from numbers to letters
My column headers in Excel (Office 2000) have switched from letters to numbers. I would like to change them back to letters. How do I do this? Hi HappyGoLucky, Try: Tools | Options | General Tab | Deselect R1C1 reference style --- Regards, Norman "happygolucky" <happygolucky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3B37353-67E3-473F-8401-620B63A9A293@microsoft.com... > My column headers in Excel (Office 2000) have switched from letters to > numbers. I would like to change them back to letters. How do I do this? TOOLS / OPTIONS / GENERAL Then un...

Merging 2 excel sheets with numbers and words
I started with one sheet (using Excel 2003) but took a copy home (on a flash drive)to work on and added data (both numbers and "X" 's) - using Excel 2007. I saved the work done at home so Excel 2003 could "read" it. Then, I did some work on the copy my computer at work (BIG mistake!!) So, the problem is: I have some data on my flash drive copy which is not on the work computer sheet, and vice versa. I want to merge the 2 copies - so I cannot replace either one because data will be lost. Options??? Way to do this? (It seems like it will be easier to "Co...

Page Numbers #6
I would like to know if there is a way to print double side sheets and only have numbering on one side of the page that counts the sheets and not printed pages. (If I have a total of 30 pages, but I print double sided so I will only have 15 sheets of paper). So the first page whould say 1 of 15 and not 1 of 30. ...

turn rows to repeat feature off for 1 page
I have a worksheet that is 9 pages long. At the end of the spreadhsheet, I want to discontinue the rows to repeat feature. Does anyone know how to do this? This setting is specific for each worksheet. You shouldn't need to "discontinue it" to print other sheets. On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 11:10:05 -0700, "soopr_teach" <soopr_teach@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a worksheet that is 9 pages long. At the end of the spreadhsheet, I >want to discontinue the rows to repeat feature. Does anyone know how to do >this? ...

How to hide a cell if a formula returns no value?
HI again all, what I'm after this time is a way to hide a cell by using a formula. This is pretty much solely for formatting reasons so that the sheet can be cut and paste into word from excel without empty cells coming up. I need something like this; cell a1 contains "whatever is entered into cell a1" in cell a2 =IF(a1="",Hide cell a2,a1) not an overly useful example I know, but hopefully you guys get the jist of what I mean, Cheers, =IF(A1="","",A1) VBA Noo -- VBA Noo ----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Price/cost fields need to be able to go beyond 5 decimals.
When we receive product it comes in $ per metric ton, which we convert to $ per lb.. We sometimes receive product in millions of lbs. in one line item, when we convert from $/MT to lb./MT the limit of 5 decimal places in a currency field causes pretty lare rounding errors to occur in our extended cost. This causes our posted cost in GP to be different than what we actually pay our vendors. The ability to extend beyond 5 decimals in the currency field would solve the problem, but for now it is not possible in GP. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsof...

Multiple calendars, how to choose which one meetings go into
Hi I have 3 calendars setup in outlook XP , when someone sends me a meeting request how can i change which calendar the meeting goes into, at the moment they all go into what i guess is the default calendar which i want to change to a different one any ideas? thanks Chris You really can't change it. Outlook treats certain folders special. "Chris S" <fred@fred.com> wrote in message news:43cf7167$0$23294$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk... > Hi > > I have 3 calendars setup in outlook XP , when someone sends me a meeting > request how can i change which calend...

I enter in a 16 digit number and Excel turns the last digit to "O"
Hello, I have credit card numbers that I have entered into and Excel spreadsheet (ex. 4444444444444444). When I entere this in excel changes the last digit to "0" (ex. 4444444444444440). I am thinking that some sort of "Masking" is going on? How can I convert this back to the original true cc #? Thank you, G. Adamson Format the cell for Text prior to entering the value, or include an apostrophe (') at the beginning of the number. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "G.Adamson" <gadamson@mars...

How do I access page 2 on my newsletter? Page 1 completed
Using publisher for the first time. I completed page 1 but can't figure out how to get to page 2 of the 4 page newsletter form that I chose. SuzyBB wrote: > Using publisher for the first time. I completed page 1 but can't > figure out how to get to page 2 of the 4 page newsletter form that I > chose. =============================== There should be tabs at the bottom of your project that allow you to select the page. If you are using Publisher 2003 or earlier... go to...View / Status Bar. If you are using Publisher 2007...have a look at the following article: Where is the ...

I did do an update today form Microsofts update page
If I can remember correctly, it was 2 new items that came out today for the OS. Could that have casued this. But it worked Ok afterwards. Nothing else installed in the last week. ...

"Confidential" in middle of page
I have seen excel spreadsheets where "page 1" or "confidential" is written across the center of the page, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it. It looks almost like a watermark. this link shows how http://tinyurl.com/yvlly mark wielgus www.AutomateExcel.co -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Page 1 is when the sheet is in page break view the confidential is done using wordart, if you set the transparency to more than 50% and use some grey colour it will look like a watermark albeit being above the text.. If you do a google search for watermark ...

Go to page
I have a long document and need to go the certain pages without having to scroll down. How do I go to a particular page? Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0040_01CAEE07.56832EE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Press Ctrl+G to open the GoTo dialog, and enter the page number. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "richard" <rmk@wo...

Cell contents as the 'lookup value' parameter in HLOOKUP function
To anyone that could help me, I have the following question which I would appreciate any answer in advance. How can I use the contents of a cell (which I will change constantly) as the 'lookup value' parameter in an HLOOKUP function? Example: Cell A1 contains the value 'FY06DRN74DZ' (this are budget names I use to identify files) HLOOKUP ('lookup_value' = makes a reference to contents of cell A1..... and changes as I change the value of A1. Thanks again, E Marre Have you looked in the HELP index for LOOKUP, vLOOKUP,hLOOKUP -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software ...

Skip header on first page?
I have a multi page printout of a worksheet where I do not want the header to print on the first page. I know that in WORD there is a way to specify non-printing of headers and footers on the first page since it may be a title page or cover sheet. Is it possible to do the same in Excel? Hi Fred With code you can do it http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Header -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Fred615" <Fred615@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8FF30A8-5124-43E3-AE76-E2987D83A261@microsoft.com... >I have a multi page printout...

How to extract only badge numbers from such a column?
Excel 2003 user. I have 3 columns like this in A,B & C. 1/2/2010 #13837-SALARY PAID FOR JAN-10 120.00 1/2/2010 #13838-SALARY PAID FOR JAN-10 215.00 1/2/2010 TERMINATION SETTLEMENT # 11136 903.47 1/2/2010 TERMINATION SETTLEMENT # 12536 894.20 1/2/2010 TERMINATION SETTLEMENT # 13044 292.49 1/2/2010 TERMINATION SETTLEMENT # 13159 282.78 1/2/2010 TERMINATION SETTLEMENT # 12199 1,169.64 1/2/2010 TERMINATION SETTLEMENT # 11261 2,623.03 1/2/2010 TERMINATION SETTLEMENT # 13630 626.25 1/2/2010 TERMINATION SETTLEMENT # 11840 668.22 1/2/2010 TERMINATION SETTLEMENT ...

Page Breaks
Can someone tell me how I can get the page breaks to stay checked. Is there a registry setting or group policy setting? I have searched but missed it somewhere. I like them to be on all the time. Thanks Bruce Be careful what you ask for you may just get it. Page breaks are turned on in Print Preview, or in tools, Options, view, page breaks. They can slow down Excel, particularly in macros. Inserting rows is slow (#insert) http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/slowresp.htm#insert In a macro to turn off use ActiveSheet.DisplayPageBreaks = False to turn on use ActiveSh...

Here we go again
Well, once again CashEdge is not connecting/syncing with Money and MSN Money. I guess I won't run right out to buy Money 2007. Even if the software were an improvement over M06, it cannot be any better than the weakest link in the sync chain. A known problem, David -- and not unique to the version of Money. Look at http://moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.asp -- Michael Gordon MVP "David Haynes" <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:eNopg0UzGHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Well, once again CashEdge is not connecting/syncing with Money and MSN ...

How Excel converts % sign in a cell and use in formula
I am trying to figure out a formula in Excel that I know is simple, but it's been years.... =(B3+(B3*$F$8))*(1+$F$9) I understand about the order of operations and what has to happen first and the absolute cell reference. I'm confused about what the 1 is in the (1+$F$9)...the info in cell F9 is sales tax and is written as 8.25%. Thanks in advance for the help. -- Peggy Duncan, Author Conquer Email Overload with Outlook http://www.PeggyDuncan.com Worksmart wrote: > I am trying to figure out a formula in Excel that I know is simple, but it's > been years.... > > ...

Make combobox blank in macro
I use a wizard to create a combo box to find the record in my form. It creates macro automatcially. Works fine. After finding the record, I want to set the combo box to null or "" but need help add that line in macro. Thanks. Sorry but not many people use macros (me too) so can’t really be help there. But try this. I assume your macro is search on a name ? You have the ID field in the combo and the name and the ID field is the bound column of the combo ??? If so. 1st MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR DATABASE Then – open you form in design view Right click the combo an...

Forced new line in a cell: Excel
Hello, I wanted to start a forced new line after typing down the texts which wraps down automatically in a given excel cell. Pressing [Enter] just like any other Microsoft Office documents would take me to the next cell as selected! Googling some online help provided a [Alt]+[Enter] keystroke would serve the purpose. But, that's not happening, is that a bug for excel? But, it works in my coworker's pc! -- Raqueeb Hassan Bangladesh So, it's not an Excel bug - more likely to be something to do with your PC. Try swapping the keyboard with your co-worker to check that. Pete On J...

Not all emails going out??
For the last week or so, send few, my emails have not been going out, or not going out to all parties I access from my address book. Just tested by sending one to myself...went fine. Sent second to a single party and cc myself. Did not receive my cc in outlook, but it did show up in my iphone. Tried a third to a group of people...through a single address book contact, and nothing happened. I am strictkly novice, but have not had this problem before. Any ideas??? -- Thanx! Wilson Kobel;110315 Wrote: > For the last week or so, send few, my emails have not been going...

how can I replace my home page with another
After I save my web site to the E or F drive I get the home page just fine. But when I click on one of the categories linking to another page on the web site I get the following error message: ________________________________________ Server error: there is no page with URL ‘america_spa_chart_NEW.htm’ in this web _________________________________________ how can I copy the entire website to the flash drive and then be able to open it later to edit? -- gerie Publish the site. Open the original site in FrontPage (File->Open Site or File->Open Web) File->Publish ...