Ghost spreadsheet?

Today I am suddenly experiencing  a weird problem:
I cannot see some of the spreadsheets we have saved both on the desktop and
on the server. The files are listed, I can click on them, Excel opens but
the spreadsheet does not appear, I only see the light blue background; note
that on two fields in the toolbar, right below the Ribbon, I see the cell
number in the first and the value on the second; changing the cell number
changes also the value on the second field therefore the spreadsheet is
there, it is just not visible.
I tried to reboot  both the desktop and the server but no luck.
We use Office 2007 SP2 MSO, Windows Small Business Server 2008 and Windows 7
RC as a client.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Have a nice day
Stefano Colasanti

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You have probbably minimizied your worksheets.

First maximize the workbook. On the ribbon  try first with  [View] command
and then with [Arrange All]. The minimizied worksheet should then appear on
the blue background of workbook.  You should then maximize window.

Ivan

"Fritzly" <Fritzly@nospam.msn.com> wrote in message
> Today I am suddenly experiencing  a weird problem:
> I cannot see some of the spreadsheets we have saved both on the desktop
> and on the server. The files are listed, I can click on them, Excel opens
> but the spreadsheet does not appear, I only see the light blue background;
> note that on two fields in the toolbar, right below the Ribbon, I see the
> cell number in the first and the value on the second; changing the cell
> number changes also the value on the second field therefore the
> spreadsheet is there, it is just not visible.
> I tried to reboot  both the desktop and the server but no luck.
> We use Office 2007 SP2 MSO, Windows Small Business Server 2008 and Windows
> 7 RC as a client.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Have a nice day
> Stefano Colasanti

0
ivan5185 (9)
6/11/2009 12:56:56 PM
Wow, it worked! Thanks a lot Ivan.
Stefano Colasanti

"Ivan" <ivan@nekje.si> wrote in message
> You have probbably minimizied your worksheets.
>
> First maximize the workbook. On the ribbon  try first with  [View] command
> and then with [Arrange All]. The minimizied worksheet should then appear
> on the blue background of workbook.  You should then maximize window.
>
> Ivan
>
> "Fritzly" <Fritzly@nospam.msn.com> wrote in message
>> Today I am suddenly experiencing  a weird problem:
>> I cannot see some of the spreadsheets we have saved both on the desktop
>> and on the server. The files are listed, I can click on them, Excel opens
>> but the spreadsheet does not appear, I only see the light blue
>> background; note that on two fields in the toolbar, right below the
>> Ribbon, I see the cell number in the first and the value on the second;
>> changing the cell number changes also the value on the second field
>> therefore the spreadsheet is there, it is just not visible.
>> I tried to reboot  both the desktop and the server but no luck.
>> We use Office 2007 SP2 MSO, Windows Small Business Server 2008 and
>> Windows 7 RC as a client.
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>> Have a nice day
>> Stefano Colasanti

How do I set up an Excel Spreadsheet to record qualitative and qu.
Hi you may post your question as body of your posting and not as subject -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Graham" <Graham@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:DF2506C9-BE0E-473D-A55F-09E0C6F3FE83@microsoft.com... > ...

SpreadSheet control
Shalom, I am trying to put a spreadsheet control in my CView, which is working fine. And now I have desire to fill it with Excel file source. What I am doing/using is as follows: char* pszFileName = "c:\\Test.xls"; CFile theFile; theFile.Open(pszFileName, CFile::modeReadWrite); m_Sheet.Create( "Test", WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE|LVS_ICON|LVS_OWNERDATA, CRect(10, 10, 20, 20), this, 2, &theFile ); m_Sheet.ShowWindow(SW_SHOW) ; m_Sheet.SetWindowPos(this, 0, 0, 500, 500, SWP_SHOWWINDOW); m_Sheet.Refresh(); But still the Active sheet/ranges are empty! Me unable to figure out th...

formatting a spreadsheet help
I have a few different dilemas going on here. First: Can a conditional format be set up in Vista or Windows 7 both 64 bit, and saved in 97-2003 excel saving the conditional formats? Second: I have a spreadsheet column A is my received date, Column B is Stock #, Column C is Serial #, Column G is my finished date. What I need to be able to do: When I enter information into Column C (Serial #), I need some type of notification if that same number has been entered within a six month time period from my Column G (Finished date). 1. Yes. However, there are some formats which only Ex...

Ghosted attachments with Windows 98
How do I change settings to be able to open attachments. The attachments appear to be ghosted. Hit forward, then open or save the attachment and close the message. It's a new security feature to prevent accidental opening of viruses, either by yourself or scripting. you can disable it in tools | options | security, but I think the extra effort to hit forward is safer and well worth the extra click. For more information, see http://www.omegageek.com/OESecurity.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, Visual Quick Start Guide - ...

How do I put spreadsheet on my xp?
I can't get any spreadsheet on my computer. Do I download it from the internet or do I go and buy soft ware for it? Hi you have to buy Office/Excel for example or you may try openoffice (www.openoffice.org) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Chere Collier" <Chere Collier@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:B6EFF1D4-C08A-4698-91A8-1E8B841C1019@microsoft.com... > I can't get any spreadsheet on my computer. Do I download it from the > internet or do I go and buy soft ware for it? Chere Excel is not included with Windows OS. It is pa...

Ghosts?
Anybody else seeing ~23 ghost messages when access this NG via OE? It jumps up and down, but I see it with WinMail in 7. xp.basics is even worse. "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:O7WRhLNALHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Anybody else seeing ~23 ghost messages when access this NG via OE? "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:O7WRhLNALHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Anybody else seeing ~23 ghost messages when access this NG via OE? Yes. 25 at the moment, with hacked WM in Win 7....

Comments do not appear on my excel spreadsheet when printing?
I have an excel spreadsheet which I have typed in a comment by a particular number. When I print out the spreadsheet the comment does not appear - how do I get it to appear when I print it out? There are instructions here for printing comments: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments01.html#Printing Lexy wrote: > I have an excel spreadsheet which I have typed in a comment by a particular > number. When I print out the spreadsheet the comment does not appear - how > do I get it to appear when I print it out? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.con...

excel spreadsheet for contributions
Our church have a program assisting our less fortunate families especially in tiution fees of their children and medical needs. I have been tasked to record the contributions and sum it up. I decided to use Excel as the members of our committee are mor familiar with it. Some of the contributions are for general purposes which the committee may designate their use but most of the contributors have designated particular family or child as the beneficiary. We do not give the money immediately to the beneficiary but accumulate them and pay directly to school upon opening of the schoo...

Spreadsheet problem
I am trying to input figures into a spreadsheet that was sent to me but some cells are showing ####'s after I input the figures instead of a view of the figures. How do I get rid of the ####'s to view the figures? Make the font smaller, or widen the column. George Gee "Shaq32" <Shaq32@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91E5D695-6B5E-4806-9C51-4C8A9F6606D5@microsoft.com... >I am trying to input figures into a spreadsheet that was sent to me but >some > cells are showing ####'s after I input the figures instead of a view of > the ...

"Ghost" folders that aren't really ghosts
Upgraded my laptop from Win2K to XP, Office 2K to 2003 - all at once. Previous Outlook install included two profiles - one for online, one for remote. Both profiles use the same 3 PST files. Problem is - in one profile I have three "ghost" folders that aren't normal ghosts. They show up between my primary storage file and my other .PSTs - with no names and no properties that I can see. When I try to open, show properties, delete (in short, do anything) with one of these folders, I get the message "The set of folders cannot be opened." (along with other messages such a...

Healthcare product eval & compare spreadsheet?
I work for a hospital & am looking for an Excel template for Evaluation & Comparison of competetive products such as needles, syringes, tapes. ...

golf spreadsheet
hello, I need a formula. How can you make a number in a spreadsheet equal a different number. Here's the skinny: Par equals zero (not higher or below par) Birdie equals -1...so our event has pars worth 2 points birdies worth 4. I have entered all the scores and a coinciding table with the reference to par -1, +2, etc- now I want a table that converts that number to the coinciding points...thanks in advance -- GOLFER ------------------------------------------------------------------------ GOLFER's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23859 View thi...

How do I burn a cd with an excel spreadsheet?
I am trying to save an excel spreadsheet on a cd but can't figure it out. Can anyone help me? Hello: Save it to your hard drive first, don't go direct. Then use the CD Burner software to create the CD. Pieter Vandenberg laxman <laxman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: : I am trying to save an excel spreadsheet on a cd but can't figure it out. : Can anyone help me? ...

Ghost typing
Windows XP running on an older Dell PC. Oddly, about the time Windows 7 was released (and corresponding with some Automatic Windows XP Updates) my computer started a frustrating behavior. When trying to type characters in the USER password screen, IE address bar, notepad, Word or any other character input field...I am able to type one or two letters then the machine self types WWWWWWWWWWWW endlessly. The W is disabled on the keyboard. The keyboard is a Microsoft Wireless Natural Multimedia Keyboard & Mouse. I also have a WACOM Intuous 3 graphics tablet that has worked fl...

Merging two Excel spreadsheets
Hi all, I am very novice with Excel and I have a problem that I don't even know where to start with. I have two different Excel spreadsheets that have data for different television programs. I need to go through and compile all of the data into one sheet. The main issue is that there are different variations in both of the spreadsheets in how the television programs are named. I am looking to find a way to go through one column of television names and find the match in the other spreadsheet. Is there any function or method that I can use to do this? Thanks for the help! Chip Pearson has...

Ghost brackets
Suddenly, Word is putting brackets around any text that I select--and leaving them. These do not print, but it's confusing to have these nonprinting brackets thrown in--sometimes hard to tell them from real brackets I've inserted. In addition, I often send documents electronically, and then people are facing this doc with these ghost brackets (which look identical to real brackets on the screen). How can I stop Word from doing this? jpmcewan, Seems like you are seeing bookmarks, normally you do not see them unless you go to Tools - Options - View - under view section unc...

Drowned in the ocean of Excel Spreadsheets
The extensive use of Excel which is now very powerful has made some people almost drowned in it. Very large worksheets being established and linked to each other. When I tried to take over spreadsheets of my fellow employee during his being hospitalized, I almost give up. Figures and formulas scattered all across the pages and it is difficult to know where to start from. I'm thinking about pooling Data input totally in one sheet, pooling all the calculations in another sheet and displaying all the reports in other sheet. Does any body have the experience on such arrangement? Thanks...

Suggesting on a professional spreadsheet
Hello, I was wondering since I really don't like the auto formating styles which xcel provides me and right now the spreadsheet looks to plain with no colors, fill etc. Can anyone give me some suggestion and some examples on what is the best way to format (color, line styles, fonts etc.) the following spreadsheet so I can get something that looks a little bit more professional then I have now. Any examples would be appreciated. thanks date time day evening night total 24hrs. cc\day avg. cc\week avg. cc\month comments 3/12/04 3:00 34 0 34...

2 Excel spreadsheets open at once
Problem: When I open up an Excel 2002 document 2 separate spreadsheets open up at the same time. book1 and the document. How can I just get the document to open. When Excel starts any files in the XLSTART folder(s) also open. Check there for a "Book1". -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

macro to rename mutiple spreadsheets when being saved
I have a number of spreadsheets all named 'CTS Master' but placed in different places in a network. A macro opens these files individually and populates another spreadsheet - 'Batched CTS', with the data from all the 'CTS Master' files (about 20 of them). Once each sheet is opened and all the data pulled across I want to save these files as an electronic backup eg 'CTS Master' file used by Mark is saved as 'CTS Master - Mark 17 Nov 03'. Without doing this manually (there will be about 20 'CTS Master' files on the network)is this possi...

Spreadsheet Timecard
I have a spreadsheet that calculates the Difference between Time In an Time out and takes this value to calculate the time you should cloc out so that you are 0 minutes over or under (+/-). There is a cel that allows you to enter any time you were over under from the previou month (in the event that you don't clock out on the time recommended b the spreadsheet). The Cell that totals the sum of the differences i time out - time in takes into consideration this manually inputted tim from the previous month. The problem I am having is that when I enter a negative value (i format -0:02) I...

Ghost Recipient
I have a user name Jonh Doe in my contact list, and when I type in John in the "To" box two options for John Doe come up, one with the correct address and one wiht the incorrect address. I have searched my contact list for this second conact, but can't find it. Where would Outlook be finding this contact? If you right click it, and select find contact, Outlook can't, but it does give you the option to add it. I thought Outlook only searched designated contact info for address, where is this Ghost coming from? Autoresolve doesn't do lookups to any contacts l...

Excel data from spreadsheet to database
Can anyone please direct me to an article that has instructions on how to gather data from an Excel 2003 spreadsheet into a separate database? Thank you, Ricki See reply at your other posting. Not necessary to multi-post. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 15:36:34 -0500, "Ricki Miles" <rickimiles@shaw.ca> wrote: >Can anyone please direct me to an article that has instructions on how to >gather data from an Excel 2003 spreadsheet into a separate database? Thank >you, > >Ricki > ...

referring to an Active x spreadsheet control
Hi, I have a requirement to develop a form which enables users to write a complex calculation and save the result. There are over a hundred calculations and which one to use is triggered by a value in the data. Just to make things more complicated, the calculations change over time. The users are not sql query proficient and I could write a query builder for them but it occurs to me that a potentially simpler solution would be to use an active x spreadsheet which would take some values from the form which are then manipulated by the spreadsheet and then 'post out' to a...

Ghost accounts won't stay deleted!!!
Hi, I have an MBNA CC, and I've been unsuccesful in connecting to their server. In the process, I have tried twice to delete the account and recreate it. Now each time I try to update my accounts, the deleted accounts come back as "MBNA CC #1" and "MBNA CC #2". Does anyone know what's causing this and how I can resolve it? Thanks, JD JD, I'm also having problems downloading data for my MBNA CC. I am receiving "your last call encountered an error" message. I'm also having problems with Tropical Finacial Credit Union. One night I could...