Getting sheetname that calls a macro.

Is it possible to get the sheet name that a macro is called from.
I am using the code below to make a backup when the macro is called but it
can be called from any of 31 sheets.

Code =
ThisWorkbook.SaveCopyAs ThisWorkbook.Path &
"\Backup\Sales\Work\Change_Retails " & Format(Now, "dd-mm-yy hhmmss") &
".xls"
End of code

I would like to include the sheet name in the backup name

--
Thank You in Advance
Ed Davis

0
ed925 (111)
9/5/2009 8:35:30 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

ThisWorkbook.Name will give you the name of the active workbook.

Chris

"Ed Davis" <ed@danverssoftware.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to get the sheet name that a macro is called from.
> I am using the code below to make a backup when the macro is called but it
> can be called from any of 31 sheets.
>
> Code =
> ThisWorkbook.SaveCopyAs ThisWorkbook.Path &
> "\Backup\Sales\Work\Change_Retails " & Format(Now, "dd-mm-yy hhmmss") &
> ".xls"
> End of code
>
> I would like to include the sheet name in the backup name
>
> --
> Thank You in Advance
> Ed Davis

0
ng4206 (77)
9/5/2009 9:24:44 PM
dim strSH as string

strSH = activesheet.name

Code =
ThisWorkbook.SaveCopyAs ThisWorkbook.Path &
"\Backup\Sales\Work\Change_Retails\"& strSH  & Format(Now, "dd-mm-yy
hhmmss") & ".xls"

Not tested

"Ed Davis" wrote:

> Is it possible to get the sheet name that a macro is called from.
> I am using the code below to make a backup when the macro is called but it
> can be called from any of 31 sheets.
>
> Code =
> ThisWorkbook.SaveCopyAs ThisWorkbook.Path &
> "\Backup\Sales\Work\Change_Retails\"& strSH  & Format(Now, "dd-mm-yy hhmmss") &
> ".xls"
> End of code
>
> I would like to include the sheet name in the backup name
>
> --
> Thank You in Advance
> Ed Davis

0
BillyLiddel (193)
9/5/2009 10:00:01 PM
Thank you
This works like a charm.

--
Thank You in Advance
Ed Davis
"Billy Liddel" <BillyLiddel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> dim strSH as string
>
> strSH = activesheet.name
>
> Code =
> ThisWorkbook.SaveCopyAs ThisWorkbook.Path &
> "\Backup\Sales\Work\Change_Retails\"& strSH  & Format(Now, "dd-mm-yy
> hhmmss") & ".xls"
>
> Not tested
>
> "Ed Davis" wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to get the sheet name that a macro is called from.
>> I am using the code below to make a backup when the macro is called but
>> it
>> can be called from any of 31 sheets.
>>
>> Code =
>> ThisWorkbook.SaveCopyAs ThisWorkbook.Path &
>> "\Backup\Sales\Work\Change_Retails\"& strSH  & Format(Now, "dd-mm-yy
>> hhmmss") &
>> ".xls"
>> End of code
>>
>> I would like to include the sheet name in the backup name
>>
>> --
>> Thank You in Advance
>> Ed Davis

0
ed925 (111)

need to put a condition to run macro
Hello I have the following macro assigned to a button. I wanted to modify the same to do the following. I need to run this macro only if the value in C66=2 When I am running this macro, it paste the value '1' in C66. So If click the button again it will not run unless the value change to 2 Hope someone help me. Thanks Toms Public Sub CopyValues() With Range("M" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0) .Value = .Offset(-1, 0).Value + 1 .Offset(0, 1).Resize(1, 2).Value = Range("p1:q1").Value Range("b5").Value = .Value End With Range("C66"...

Macro to email workbook back to sender
I have a survey in an Excel file which is emailed to a user to complete At the end of the survey, the user presses a button which activates macro to pull up the mail dialog. I'd like to alter the VB code i this macro to further automate this process including automaticall writing the original sender's address in the To: line of the mai dialog and re-naming the workbook using text strings (e.g. name, dept. the user enters at the start of the survey. Ideas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Ron has tons of code at http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm but these th...

A Crystal Beginner

Get paid while you get online!!

How to program an excel macro to repeat a series of keystrokes?
I want to program an Excel macro to set a columnar range, then perform the keystroke series "F2, Home, =, Enter" repeatedly until the end of the range is reached. How do I teach the macro to automatically repeat the keystoke series? I am using XP, and Excel 2002 10.4. Thanks for your help!!! Hi there, Look up Sendkeys in the visual basic editor help. Hope that helps Naz, London "Beancounter" wrote: > I want to program an Excel macro to set a columnar range, then perform the > keystroke series "F2, Home, =, Enter" repeatedly until the end of the ...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

How do I get??

Get notified when Out of Office is on

Getting Control ID in Active X control

Get photos from a camera

Save as macro #2
Happy Holidays I want to make a macro that will "save as" my exel file. Keeping the same file name (follow_up.xls) but create a new directory and saving it there. The name of this directory should b the contents of one of the cells in this file (ex: 12345) The reason I want to do this is because I have a macro that switches back and forth to another file (list.xls) If I change the name of my first file, this macro doesn't work any more Windows("Follow_up.xls").Activat Application.CutCopyMode = Fals Range("B2:E2").Selec Selection.Cop ...

macro Copy and paste from one worksheet to another
Hello, I am using Excel 2003 within the workbook I have a worksheet call "Detail" I want to copy and paste selected data to another worksheet called "Exhibit A" or "Exhibit B" based on data from a cell. Name Type Exhibit row 1 John Doe Cash Exhibit A row 2 John Smith Credit Exhibit B row 3 Jane Doe Cash Exhibit A Data from row1 and row 3 will go to worksheet called "Exhibit A" starting from cell A4 and so on. Data from row 2 will go to worksheet called "Exhibi...

How do I get my best friend back?
I NEED TO KNOW "monsterboy16" <monsterboy16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7918DF09-EB34-46E4-852E-8DAAC3FFF45F@microsoft.com... > I NEED TO KNOW Easy. Just lift the lid on your toilet seat and whistle. Dipshit! -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." Pretend that you're in a coma and unable to communicate in any way (such as posting messages in newsgroups). "monsterboy16" <monsterboy16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

how to get the pointer variable address from a dll
hi all, I have a DLL which has a output parameter LPVOID, A application calls this DLL function, the Dll responsibility is to assign a valid pointer to the lpBuffer, Till here it is OK, but once it returns to the Application this lpBuffer becomes NULL. Prototype, __declspec(dllexport) BOOL TRSTMonGetStatus(LPVOID lpBuffer) Please let me know what to do, I am stuck in this. try this __declspec(dllexport) BOOL TRSTMonGetStatus(LPVOID &lpBuffer) AliR. <karunyalakshmi@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1182179607.989434.318540@x35g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > > hi a...

Why do I get this?
IMCEAEX-_O=ABC_OU=CN121_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=USER1@companyABC.com <-- why am I getting this as the FROM field from a recently upgrade user to Exchange 2003? ...

how do i create a macro that would check the contents of cells
Hi, I am stcuk on Excel VB. I am trying to create a macro that when run would check to see if there is an 'X' in 6 specific cells on a row(the cells are next to each other), there is an X in all of them it would then display a msg saying 'not possible', else it would not doing anything. I hope i did pass the problem across in a sensible manner. Thanks for helping. I'd just use another cell next to those 6 cells: =if(countif(a1:f1,"x")=6,"Not Possible","") Format it in a nice big red font. Jade wrote: > > Hi, I am stcuk on Excel V...