ABC258
ABC564
ABV789

Another sheet has:

Program	Job
ABC258	RXLDMX
ABC258	RXLWMX
ABV789	ABXM89M

In the second sheet, there are two jobs for one program. I want to do
Vlookup on the sheet 1 for the column JOB to get the job informatio
from the second sheet. But Since I can have multiple jobs per on
program and I need multiple jobs to be listed on the sheet 1, how do
get this ? Is there a way for this ?

=============================
Expected Output is

Program	Job
ABC258	RXLDMX
ABC258	RXLWMX
ABC564	NA
ABV789	ABXM89M
====================================

--
Dhruva10
Dhruva101's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3707

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Why not just merge the first sheet (single column) into the second worksheet
(with 2 columns).

If you want to try, this is what I would do.

First sheet (single column) is named Sheet1.
Second Sheet (2 columns) is named Sheet2.

I inserted headers in row 1 of sheet1.
In B2, I put this formula:
=match(a2,sheet2!a:a,false)

And copied down the column.

This resulted in either numbers (for matches) or #N/A (for no match).

I selected column B and did
edit|copy
edit|paste special|values

Then with column B still selected,
edit|replace
what:  #n/a
with:  N/A
replace all
('cause that's what you wanted to see).

Then with column B still selected, I did this:
Data|Filter|autofilter
to show the #n/a's

Selected those visible rows and copied to the bottom of sheet2 two's data.

Then I selected A:B on Sheet2 and sorted by column A (and column B).

And then back to Sheet1 to clean up column B
Data|filter|autofilter
(to remove the filter)
Then I deleted column B (I was done with it).

--

Dave Peterson
0

VLookup to Hide Columns
Hi everyone - I'm still trying to figure out how to perform this one. Within my Timesheet tool, I use a VLookup table, on a data entry page, that contains employee names, departments, etc...... Also on the data entry page, are a number of columns (designated with specific housing programs) where the employee enters their daily hours depending on which program they work in. The thing is that certain employees only work in certain programs where it would be easier if the program columns that the employee does not deal with will "hide" once the employee chooses their names from th...

XML serialization , validating against multiple schemas
Hi My web service receives an object of type say MyObject. I want to serialize this object,and then validate the xml against the main xsd. When validation happens, it should also validate against the included schema. The main schema includes one more schema and the actual types are described in the included schema. eg., <xs:schema xmlns:t="http://myschemas/base" xmlns=""> <xs:import schemaLocation="base.xsd" /> <xs:element name="MyObject"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence minOccurs="0"> <xs:element name=&...

Target.Offset(0, 36).Value Help
In the below, I use this to force the persons USERNAME to populate 36 rows to the right in a column I hide. This shows me who was in a spreadsheet and updating ONE specific column... Column AD. My question is this... Can I poulate a named range with their USERNAME. I want to insert a named range, then force the USERNAME there. (INSERT>NAME>DEFINE>) Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Const myRange As String = "ad7:AD90" 'Const myrange As String = "A3,A6,A8,A11,A16" On Error GoTo stoppit Application.EnableEvents = False...

Using Outlook Custom Forms through OWA
Hi all, Is there any way to implement this? We have an Exchange 2003 server with Sp2. Users out of office hope to use outlook custom forms through OWA. Can this be done? ...

How to return a range of values in a drop-down.
Is there a way to have Excel return a range of values in a drop down in one cell based on input from another cell. As an example: Cell A1 has the text "PVC Pipe" I want cell A2 to get input from A1, read through a table, and return the corresponding values (sizes) of PVC pipe. The results in A2 would be the following in a drop down: 4" 6" 8" If cell A1 contained the text "Metal Pipe" it would return values (sizes) of metal pipe from a table and not display the sizes of PVC pipe. 10" 12" 15" The bottom line and...

Tax Value Not Transferring
We currently have our salespeople working in orders, and once the order is complete, we transfer it to an invoice. When we perform these transfers, if there is any value entered in the Tax field, this value is not transferred onto the invoice. We always check the box labeled "Include Totals and Deposits," but that doesn't seem to do the trick. Also, we noticed that whenever the shipping method on an invoice is changed, the value in the tax field changes to 0. Is there any way to prevent either of these things from happening? ...

AutoArchive using VBA CDO CdoPR_AGING_PATH
I am trying to programatically change the path to the archive file. My pst has may folders and I dont want to change the path on each one by hand. Using the code I can change the GRANULARITY and the PERIOD but the path wont change. ( I am verifying the settings by right clicking the folder and selecting AutoArchive). I have tested in both Outlook 2002 and 2003. On 2003 I was able to change the path when I ran the code the first time but subsequent attempt failed to change the path. Strangely when I view the path (objMessage.Fields.Item(CdoPR_AGING_PATH).Value) via code after I change it, i...

How to paint connections by value
Hi, Im doing rack diagram, so i need to paint all cables with different colors by their lengths. I can see all connections lengths from "size & position" one by one, How to do that? now looking up that "color by value" command and it doesn't work? Pls help? "Tulga" <tulgabat@gmail.com> wrote in message news:856c2ee0-0b04-48d0-9ad0-67791fd83b4e@w9g2000prb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Im doing rack diagram, so i need to paint all cables with different > colors by their lengths. I can see all connections lengths from "...

Likert scale calculation
I have used the following table in my survey: Frequency of use - check which on is applicable: every few hours every few mins every few secs item1 item2 item3 .. .. .. item10 so the sample data looks like this: id item1 item 2 ............. item10 1 hours hrs ................. mins 2 secs hrs ................. mins 3 mins hrs ................. mins I want to add up the hours secs mins for each item..for example (from the above sample): ev...

A Crystal Beginner

Get paid while you get online!!

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

using the $ to lock formulas
We are using the $ to lock the formula but when columns are inserted the formula still changes. How do we correct this? Thank you for any assistance you can give. Hi one way would be to use something like INDIRECT("A1") to always refer to cell A1. Note: copying this formula won't change the cell reference -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany frankmlr wrote: > We are using the $ to lock the formula but when columns > are inserted the formula still changes. How do we correct > this? > > > Thank you for any assistance you can give. One way: =I...

Alternatives to VLOOKUP?
For the life of me I can not figure out how to use VLOOKUP..is there anything else I can try that might be easier? My situation is this.. I have 2 worksheets. 1st worksheets have a bunch of codes and what the codes mean. Basically a code book in excel format example aaa apples bbb bananas ccc carrots ddd dairy ppp peaches 2nd worksheet has a few codes for a customer that the customer uses. aaa ccc ppp I want to search worksheet 1 for the codes in worksheet 2...Then fill in the info in worksheet 2 so worksheet 2 would look like this aaa apples ccc carrots...

Scaling XY charts with suppressed starting value
The autoscaling feature of the Excel graphing function seems to have (limited) mind of its own. I'm trying to graph Y-values in the -1.5 t 1.5 range and X-values from 190 to 410 with the minimum from 190 to 29 and the max value from 290 to 410. The autoscaling of Y works fine, but the X-axis always start at 0 while the high value properly sets the maximum. Of course, I could fi the minimum at 190, but that is not what I had in mind. Does anyone know how to overcome this limitation without using a macro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Per - You need to make an XY Sca...

Using CTabCtrl!!!
Hi All! I am looking forward to have an idea of how to draw controls on the CTabCtrl. One way I have in mind is draw the child controls on a separate dialog and draw the dialog on the CTabCtrl window. But the problem is when I do this with the code CTestDlg *pDlg = new CTestDlg; dlg.Create(IDC_TEST_DLG,GetDlgItem(IDC_TAB_CTRL)); it even covers the tabs. Now how can I fix it within the tab window at appropriate place. I have tried to draw the group box on the area of tab control and make that group box the parent window, this will make the new dialog at the appropriate position. But I don...

send the same message to multiple recipients
I need to accomplish the assignment below every month, with a different list eachtime, what is the right way to do it? I DO KNOW the basics, but I'm having trouble with the finer points re: the best way to use email addresses that are not initially in Outlook, and the best way to use TO: and BCC: and distribution lists effectively to make the email look correct at the recipient's end. I'm starting with a .TXT file in Windows but it's external from Outlook. The file contains names and email addresses, approx 25 to 50 names. Here is a sample of the .TXT file (my real f...

How do I get??