getting date and time information- Masking?

I have the following data that I want to mask off the minutes and seconds -
yet keep the hour and am/pm  how do I do that?

      1:00:05 PM
      1:00:10 PM
      1:00:17 PM
      1:00:37 PM
      1:00:44 PM
      1:00:47 PM
      1:00:50 PM
      1:00:55 PM
      1:00:57 PM
      1:00:58 PM
      1:01:02 PM

--
Let go, Elevate your life
Brent Hauver

0
bh4576 (39)
2/2/2005 2:03:14 AM
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

=HOUR(a1)/24

(format as time including AM/PM)

If I understand what you mean by mask.

--

Dave Peterson
0

How to Find all my posts? How to sort by date of post?
I don't always remember to click the "notify me of replies" button, nor do I always remember the subject. And some searches return hundreds of pages of hits. How does one find just their posts? I tried searchign on my userid but that isn't reliable. On most forums there is a "show users posts" option, but I don't see how to do that with MS Forum. Also, how does one sort the search response by date? I often see search results start with posts from 2006, then 2005, up to 2009, back to 2006, then to 2004. The notification rarely works anyway....

compact database at run time
hi How can i compact my access database programmatically .. In MSDN they gave a code like #import "C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\System\ado\Msado15.DLL" #import "C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\System\ado\MSJRO.DLL" no_namespace try { IJetEnginePtr jet(__uuidof(JetEngine)); jet->CompactDatabase( "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=d:\\nwind2.mdb", "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=d:\\abbc.mdb;" \ "Jet OLEDB:Engine Type=4"); } catch(_com_error &e) { ::MessageBox(NULL, (LPCTSTR)e.De...

need a date look here

A Crystal Beginner

Using current date track budget.
Hi, I am trying to update a percentage completion cell in a budget tracking spreadsheet based on the current month. Basically I have a row for each activity and a column for each month. I enter the hours completed for each activity in each month. I have a total number of hours value which will be used to calculate the %completed. So what I need is to a formula that will calculate the following: if ( this month is April) then (sum the hours from start month to april and divide by the total hours cell) else if (this month is May) then (sum the hours from start month to april and ...

Get paid while you get online!!

EPays w/ Processing Date
I've been using MM for a number of years and have had relatively few problems...until now with MM05. I've searched this NG and FAQ web site but haven't found the issue/resolution. I have always had MM to record EPays with the PROCESSING DATE and have it checked in Settings/Online Services. MM05, however, records the transaction in the register with the SUBMITTING DATE. For example, yesterday I sent 2 payments to be paid on the 13th of the month but MM recorded yesterday's date NOT the payment date. That transaction, once submitted can't be changed as the check numbe...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

How do I get??

Get notified when Out of Office is on

Getting Control ID in Active X control

Check if Time falls between ?
How could I check if a Time value falls between two other time values? I want to essentially establish if a premises is open or not at various times of the day. My time values are input as hh:mm and have no date. The issue I am having is that opening times can vary, which may include past 12:00am eg. 7:00am to 2:00am (the following day). So if I check if the premises is open during the hour 11:00pm I can construct a formula test if it is >= than Opening time and <= Closing time, but this won't work past 12:00am (see CF below) Do I need to combine a dd aspect to the hh:mm...

Get photos from a camera

How do I get my best friend back?
I NEED TO KNOW "monsterboy16" <monsterboy16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7918DF09-EB34-46E4-852E-8DAAC3FFF45F@microsoft.com... > I NEED TO KNOW Easy. Just lift the lid on your toilet seat and whistle. Dipshit! -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." Pretend that you're in a coma and unable to communicate in any way (such as posting messages in newsgroups). "monsterboy16" <monsterboy16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

how to get the pointer variable address from a dll
hi all, I have a DLL which has a output parameter LPVOID, A application calls this DLL function, the Dll responsibility is to assign a valid pointer to the lpBuffer, Till here it is OK, but once it returns to the Application this lpBuffer becomes NULL. Prototype, __declspec(dllexport) BOOL TRSTMonGetStatus(LPVOID lpBuffer) Please let me know what to do, I am stuck in this. try this __declspec(dllexport) BOOL TRSTMonGetStatus(LPVOID &lpBuffer) AliR. <karunyalakshmi@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1182179607.989434.318540@x35g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > > hi a...

Time format in Excel 97
I'm having problems using time in Excel. I've tried various cell formats but get similiar results. When entering a time in a cell such as :57, Excel seems to see it as a time and works fine, once I get over a minute and enter something like 1:03, Excel sees that cell as 1:03:00 AM, which I definitely don't want it to do. Any suggestions would be great. thanks. Hi, First format the cells as h:mm:ss. When entering time you must enter it according to the format. For example 1 minute and 3 seconds must be entered as 00:01:03 it you do not enter the leading 00 excel will eval...