getting data displayed on cells from combo boxes

i have 2 worksheets, one is called input and the other is calle
products :

'[image: http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/9703/pike168input7oi.jpg]
(http://imageshack.us)

'[image: http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/3070/pike168output2qj.jpg]
(http://imageshack.us)

i would like a way of making the products description, maker and mode
to come up on the input sheet, depending on what product code i
selected in the textbox, any ideas

--
pike16
pike168's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3298

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

would a VLOOKUP OR HLOOKUP be worth looking at for this kind of task

--
pike16
pike168's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3298
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52813

Combining cells
Using Excel 2002: I will open a text file into excel. This file has no formatting, but the end result would be using two columns. The text file for example has: Music1 from site1 and site2 special 90876 Music100 extra from site1 87654 Music02 misc sites 10020 I want to put the numbers, 90876, 87654, 65409 in the same column "B" and have the other text combined into one column "A". When I use space delimited I can move the numbers in the same column. How do I combine the rest of the text which are word for word in columns A,B,C,D etc into one column "A"? End...

OT
Slightly off topic - counldn't find any appropriate group on my server. I'm running a prog in debug mode (VC7.1.3088) for several hours or more and I'm sending a lot of output via ATLTRACE2 to the output window. In the past I've had a couple visual studio crashes and I wondered if there was any restriction on the amount of data the output window can safely take - or there are any bugs linked to this. TIA "Joe" <not@here.com> wrote in message news:4230fa32$0$10953$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com... > Slightly off topic - counldn't find any appr...

Data validation behaviour
Local named ranges: Codes!Depth_Range refers to: = Codes!$A$10 evaluates to: 46 (always a positive integer) Codes!Short_Name_Header refers to: = Codes!$Z$12 Codes!Sign_Table refers to: =OFFSET(Codes!Short_Name_Header,1,0,Codes!Depth_Range,3) Codes!Table refers to: =OFFSET(Codes!Short_Name_Header,1,0,Codes!Depth_Range,9) Workbook-level named ranges: Global_Sign_Table refers to: =Codes!Sign_Table Global_Table refers to: =Codes!Table In worksheet "Analysis", data validation on a cell is set to Custom formula: =$V16*VLOOKUP($P16,Global_Sign_Table,3)>=0 This be...

Restrict spreadsheet to data entry only
Fairly new to Excel. Once I've set up the structure of my spreadsheet, and entered the formulae for calculated cells etc, how can I ensure that the spreadsheet is used just for data entry and that the structure cannot be altered in any way? TIA You can use protection. You need to go to every cell you want for data entry and unprotect tha cell. You can select multiple cells... right mouse click... Then hi format cells... The last tab says protection, select it and click th check box to unprotect these items. Now you can then in the menu bar hit Tools... Protection... and the Protect...

A Crystal Beginner

Static Range, Dynamic Chart Data
I have read some great tips on making my chart dynamic that involv changing the range. The chart I would like to create is a 12 month lin chart. I want the chart to always be 12 months in length, but the poin to simply not be plotted if the value of the cell "blank". In othe words, stop the line short of the end of the plot area. The 12 months of charted cells have a formula lik =IF(A1=0,"",SUM(A1:A6)). So you see a blank cell if A1 is 0. But th chart shows this as a zero value. If I delete the contents the char does what I would like. Is there a way to simply change the ...

wrong number in cell
In XP PRO & Excel 2002 I have a cell formated as General and unlocked. I try to enter a number { 08607100 } I hit enter and it changes to { 8607100 } no matter what I try it. This is another example of a problem in a cell I enter { 03E2 } hit enter and it changes to { 3.00E+02 }. Is there some bug in certain cells or with excel 2002 or is there some setting I am missing? Help -- Thanks MK pipco wrote: > In XP PRO & Excel 2002 I have a cell formated as General and unlocked. I > try to enter a number { 08607100 } I hit enter and it changes to { 8607100 &g...

Copy row2 cells down to last cell where the whole row isn't all blank
Hi Colo, I tried to run your code to copy formula in cell K2 (I place the cursor on cell K2) down to last cell in column K, it doesn't copy down the formula. Is there anything missing from the code ? Please help and thanks very much! Sub Cell2CopyToEnd() Dim col As Long col = ActiveCell.column Range(Cells(2, col), Cells(Rows.Count, col).End(xlUp)).Formula = _ Cells(2, col).Formula End Sub --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I put a value in K99 (so the macro knew when to quit) and I put a formula in K2. With K2 selected, I ran the code and it worked fine. The co...

Keeping data without losing Formula's
I have a worksheet (named monthly) with a column of data under a certain month (which will change each time data is entered - stocktake). However this column needs to be edited each month and has formula's in it so it will work (not always the same data in the column). I decided to put this data into a yearly sheet under the particular month. The only way I can do it at the moment is to copy and paste special. How do I (or is there a way to) put this data in a sheet that has all the months but under the month that is signified. In other words I don't want formula's in the yearl...

Combo Box Yes/No error
Hello. I have a form that I want to add a function in the footer that will allow me to sort the records based on whether they are active or inactive. The field in my table is a yes/no check box that is check for yes and unchecked for no. I have tried to use a combo box with 2 columns, Active and Inactive with corresponding fields yes/no check boxes. I set it up as a 2 column count combo box and hid the yes/no column so active/inactive would appear. I get an error that the expression is too complex.... The information is passed to my query to the Active Yes/No column by using: [Forms]![E...

Excel VBA / Data Sorting / Maniputaltion
i have a long list, which i imported from other data base. The problem is: 1. In each cell, besides data (data is in alphabates) there are som numeric characters which i dont want . How can i get rid of all those unwanted numbers from data, from all th list? 2. The data is in every second row, ie. one row is empty. How can i Delete those empty/blank rows from the list -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com 1. I think we will need to see a sample of your data 2. Sort the data -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I am sending the sample data file... ...

Get paid while you get online!!

Check Box Grouping
Hello, When I group on a check box field, I get duplicate records. Would anyone know why this would happen? Ellen What happens if you change your Grouping and Sorting expression to: =IIf([YourYNFieldName],"A","B") -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "EllenM" wrote: > Hello, > When I group on a check box field, I get duplicate records. Would anyone > know why this would happen? > > Ellen Why would you group on a check box? I would think you would apply criteria only to get either Yes or No's. Post your que...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

referencing a cell determined by name in another cell
How do I reference a cell within a formula based on the contents of another cell? For example if one cell contained a reference/address for a column array, how could I refer to this cell (and hence the column array) within the vlookup function instead of having to put in the actual table array. In other words an external way of changing the table array rather than going into the formula. VLOOKUP(lookup_value,table_array,col_index_num,range_lookup) Hi use INDIRECT for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ricardo wants answers" <ricardo wants answers@discussion...

print dialogue box
Is there a way you can configure only one print box to appear right before you print a email message. Currently there are two difference boxes that appear at random. Not exactly at random....Emails which are in HTML format are printed using the IE print dialogue, as opposed to Text messages (Plain or RIch Text) which are printed with the native Outlook print dialogue. I do not believe there is a way to change this behavior. "DS" wrote: > Is there a way you can configure only one print box to appear right before > you print a email message. Currently there are two dif...

How do I get??

GAL displayed fields
Is there a way to sync fields defined in ADUC (eg. General, Address, and Telephones Tab info) with the applicable fields in the GAL without entering it in both places separately? TIA. -- GJ Not sure how you can enter stuff in the GAL - it's nothing but a filtered view of data in AD that's displayed/modified using ADUC and other such tools. If you change it in ADUC, you will see the change when you view the GAL. There may be some replication latency when you have multiple DCs or a distributed environment with multiple Sites. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW...