Get values from another sheet (was: Load certain values with opening a file)

In another post I asked for a way to get standard values in a
spreadsheet everytime the sheet is opened.
I got a good answer, but i want to do more:

This is the trick that does it for now:
>On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 10:18:01 -0800, Gary''s Student
><GarysStudent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>Paste something like this in workbook code:
>
>Private Sub Workbook_Open()
>Sheets("starron").Activate
>Cells(1, 1) = 42
>Cells(2, 1) = 4
>Cells(3, 1) = 54
>Cells(4, 1) = 0
>Cells(5, 1) = 88
>End Sub
>
>Whenever the workbook is openned, the worksheet starron is activated and the
>first five cells in column A are initialized.
>
>REMEMBER workbook code, not a standard module.

Is it possible to fetch these values from another spreadsheet?
Let"s say i want these values to be fetched from another spreadsheet
on my pc that is not always opened?
0
mu1 (26)
11/2/2006 8:38:09 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You have another response at that other thread.

--

Dave Peterson
0

How do I import a WORD file into EXCEL? #2
I'd like to import a WORD table to Excel but when I go to "Select Data Source", only other EXCEL files show, not my WORD files but the Help function indicates that all files should be showing. I've selected "Text Files" from the Data Source; I've tried "All File Types" with no luck. Anybody have a clue for me? ..signed, an Excel Idiot......thanks! File>open and select all files or copy and paste -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "MauiMama" <MauiMama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27741FDC-23BA-478D-98AC-21760...

How to return a range of values in a drop-down.
Is there a way to have Excel return a range of values in a drop down in one cell based on input from another cell. As an example: Cell A1 has the text "PVC Pipe" I want cell A2 to get input from A1, read through a table, and return the corresponding values (sizes) of PVC pipe. The results in A2 would be the following in a drop down: 4" 6" 8" If cell A1 contained the text "Metal Pipe" it would return values (sizes) of metal pipe from a table and not display the sizes of PVC pipe. 10" 12" 15" The bottom line and...

IE8 doesn't show open/save dialog when opening PDF
I have written Java application that, when user click on the button, it opens new location in the same window in which it shows new HTML page and opens new popup window using window.open() JavaScript code. In the popup window Java outputs PDF using following headers: ContentType - application/pdf ContentLength - 1000 Content-Disposition - attachment; filename=My.pdf With above settings IE8 doesn't show open/save dialog for my PDF. Above code works fine with IE6, IE7 and Firefox. If I change "attachment" to "inline", then IE8 shows PDF in the popup wi...

Target.Offset(0, 36).Value Help
In the below, I use this to force the persons USERNAME to populate 36 rows to the right in a column I hide. This shows me who was in a spreadsheet and updating ONE specific column... Column AD. My question is this... Can I poulate a named range with their USERNAME. I want to insert a named range, then force the USERNAME there. (INSERT>NAME>DEFINE>) Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Const myRange As String = "ad7:AD90" 'Const myrange As String = "A3,A6,A8,A11,A16" On Error GoTo stoppit Application.EnableEvents = False...

isv.config file rollback
I have an issue with the isv.config file. I customized it, adding a couple of buttons to the toolbar section under quote. Every now and again, the isv.config file reverts back to an older version of the file, which does not have my customizations. Has anyone encountered this problem? Is there any way to prevent this from happening? Is there some setting that I may have forgotten to set? The isv.config is just a file so it won't revert on it self. However if you import an xml customization file this may contain a blank isv.config. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD) Lead Developer ...

PDF file #9

Colour values of calendar categories
Hi I'm trying to ensure appointments on our calendar are colour-coded by keywords. To keep track of which colour is assigned to which keyword, and so I can show others, I'm using Excel 2007. The problem is, I can't find anywhere that lists the rgb / hex value of the named colours (red, dark red, teal, maroon, etc). Please does anyone know where I can find these values, or better still, just let me know what they are? Thanks in advance Steve Years ago I had a tool that displayed the value for the color of where the mouse cursor was placed over. But I don'...

eDITING A SHEET
LAST NIGHT I WAS WORKING ON A EXCEL SHHET AS i WAS i DID SOMETHING AND NOW i CANNT EDIT THE SHEET ON MY LAPTOP. i TOOK IT TO WORK AND CAN EDIT THERE. cAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHAT i DID AND HOW TO FIX IT.ROGER Can you at least open the file? If so, you might have just protected the workbook/sheet. Try going to Tools-> Protection to see if you can unprotect the file. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "ROGER" wrote: > LAST NIGHT I WAS WORKING ON A EXCEL SHHET AS i WAS i DID SOMETHING AND NOW i > CANNT EDIT THE SHEET ON MY...

Windows Mail not opening
I was not able to use Windows Mail after downloading Windows Essentials/Windows Live Email. When on some websites and requesting information; the website will attempt to open my Email program. Even though I now use Windows Live Email, the sites attempt to open Windows Mail (which will not open). Can I safely delete/uninstall Windows mail, without interfering with Windows Live Mail (which works fine!). If so; will my visited websutes now attempt to open Windows Live Mail? Thank you, Snakedoctor Try repairing the WinMail database: www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/ You can also go to...

How to transfer message rules from one computer to another
Hi I would like to know about How to transfer message rules from one computer to another Computer? Thanks Assuming the other computer's running OE, see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/276511/ and/or http://www.insideoe.com/backup/partial.htm -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002 www.banthecheck.com nospam wrote: > Hi > > I would like to know about How to transfer message rules from one > computer > to another Computer? > > Thanks The Partial Backup: http://www.insideoe.com/backup/p...

How to paint connections by value
Hi, Im doing rack diagram, so i need to paint all cables with different colors by their lengths. I can see all connections lengths from "size & position" one by one, How to do that? now looking up that "color by value" command and it doesn't work? Pls help? "Tulga" <tulgabat@gmail.com> wrote in message news:856c2ee0-0b04-48d0-9ad0-67791fd83b4e@w9g2000prb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Im doing rack diagram, so i need to paint all cables with different > colors by their lengths. I can see all connections lengths from "...

Tax Value Not Transferring
We currently have our salespeople working in orders, and once the order is complete, we transfer it to an invoice. When we perform these transfers, if there is any value entered in the Tax field, this value is not transferred onto the invoice. We always check the box labeled "Include Totals and Deposits," but that doesn't seem to do the trick. Also, we noticed that whenever the shipping method on an invoice is changed, the value in the tax field changes to 0. Is there any way to prevent either of these things from happening? ...

Conditional linked files
Hi, I have two files (a master and a detail) in which I pull through a column from the detail to the master, using "=[Detail.xls]Sheet1!$A$2" However I would like to configure the spreadsheets so that only data which meets a condition is pulled in the master, in other words using pseudo code as follows. If [link] in detail.xls = yes then display in master. I realise that the condition statement will probably need to sit in the master file but have no idea how this is done or whether possible at all. Any ideas? Mark -- madiba --------------------------------------------------...

Access 2007 Opens Access App as Read Only
Greetings and thank you in advance for any assistance given. I am using Access 2007 on a PC running Vista Business and am having a slight problem. I have an Access application that, whenever I open the application, is opened as "Read Only" and I am forced to do a "Save As" in order to make changes. This is really rather annoying and I would like to make it stop. Is this a UAC issue in Vista or is this an Access 2007 issue? "Louie Landkirk" <LouieLandkirk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D0386E5-555C-40C6-BD37-7EA957A550E9@microsof...

Exchange 2003 Load balance and cluster
We have two identical machines that we want to load balance and cluster for exchange 2003. the load balance does not want to start. any reason why? Oh yah. I guess my question is that if it is possible to run the laod balance and the cluster on the same two servers "Ashu" wrote: > We have two identical machines that we want to load balance and cluster for > exchange 2003. the load balance does not want to start. any reason why? No,does not support NLB and cluster on same machine! You should rub cluster with your exchange 2003! -- Jammyù�ٴ� "Ashu" &l...

Same file exists when I run Optimizer
Dear Sir/Madam, While I was running the Optimizer to utilize free space I met a error message during moving the files C:\exchsrvr\imcdata into D:\exchsrver\imcdata " There is the same file, ...., in the destination.". But I could see for sure that there was No files in the destination. Could you let me know how to fix it? Thanks a lot in advance. KC "�̱�ö" <kclee@jcsworld.com> wrote: >While I was running the Optimizer to utilize free space I met a error >message during moving the files C:\exchsrvr\imcdata into >D:\exchsrver\imcdata " There is...

A Crystal Beginner

Missing inetcomm.hlp file
I am running Win98SE, with Outlook 97 (8.04.5619). When I go to tools | services, select an internet mail account, click properties, and then use the ( ? ) to get help on one of the fields, I get an error indicating that the inetcomm.hlp file can not be found... I am not sure if this was working in the past. I did, however recently apply some security patches from Microsoft. Can't seem to find a copy of the file anywhere (assuming it will fix the problem). Any Ideas? Thanks ...

sort by subtotal values
When I use the insert subtotals, I would like to sort by those subtotals. It is not sorting them properly. What do I need to do first before I tell it to sort. Thanks so much If you have one level of subtotals, you can collapse the table, so only the subtotals are visible. Then, select a cell in the column that you want to sort, and click the A-Z or Z-A button on the toolbar. harry wrote: > When I use the insert subtotals, I would like to sort by > those subtotals. It is not sorting them properly. What > do I need to do first before I tell it to sort. -- Debra Dalgleish...

file is locked does not appear in Excel if file already open by an
We have shared files on a network drive. When a file is open by one user, and a second user opens the file we want them to recieve <filename> is locked for editing message and open the file read only. This works great for some users, but we have several users that can open the file (even if someone is already in it) and they do not get the prompt and can edit the workbook. Is there a setting that would turn this off for some users and not others in excel? Hello Leslie, You could try sharing the workbook. With the Excel workbook open, choose Tools from the menu. Choose Share W...