get a result of an sql statement in a field ?

Hi there

I have an Excel sheet with many lines of data.
I would like to know if there is a possibilty to create a field which will
execute an sql-statment on an MSsql Database
and will return the result. Some thing like (select name from address where
uid=$B5)

Thanks in advance for any help

Ralf

0
rmeuser (6)
6/10/2004 1:10:46 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I found out that the statement sql.request  should do it.
But where can I find the addin for Excel 2003

Thanks in advance

Ralf

"Ralf Meuser" <rmeuser@free.fr> a �crit dans le message de
> Hi there
>
> I have an Excel sheet with many lines of data.
> I would like to know if there is a possibilty to create a field which will
> execute an sql-statment on an MSsql Database
> and will return the result. Some thing like (select name from address
where
> uid=$B5)
>
> Thanks in advance for any help
>

> Ralf

0
rmeuser (6)
6/10/2004 1:54:18 PM
"Ralf Meuser" wrote ...

> I found out that the statement sql.request  should do it.
> But where can I find the addin for Excel 2003

The Excel2002 add-in should work:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=57e79367-13a0-4895-9942-5b177846ab8a&DisplayLang=en

Jamie.

jamiecollins (192)

Sorting Search Results
I there a way to sort search results to see the messages with the latest responses first? Thanks, ...

IIf Statement in Query Criteria 12-11-09
I have the following code in a query: SELECT qryPointsWithDropOffDates.EMPLOYEEID, qryPointsWithDropOffDates.SSN, qryPointsWithDropOffDates.NAME, qryDisciplineNoticesReprint.LASTINCIDENTDATE, qryPointsWithDropOffDates.INCIDENTDATE, qryPointsWithDropOffDates.TYPESHORT, qryPointsWithDropOffDates.POINTVALUE FROM qryDisciplineNoticesReprint INNER JOIN qryPointsWithDropOffDates ON qryDisciplineNoticesReprint.SSN=qryPointsWithDropOffDates.SSN WHERE (((qryPointsWithDropOffDates.INCIDENTDATE) Between [qryDisciplineNoticesReprint.CALCDATE] And [qryDisciplineNoticesReprint.LASTINCIDENTD...

Calculating Fields and Manual Input
Hello, Is it possible to have a field that is both calculated or manually inputted?. For example, if field 1 and field 2 has data then calculate field 3. Can we also have the user simply enter the total amount into 3. What I have noticed is if I enter an amount directly into field 3 and field 1 and 2 do not have data the value goes back to 0 (which makes sense) but wondering if there is a way around this. Thanks! On Jul 1, 6:06 am, MDV1457 <MDV1...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > Is it possible to have a field that is both calculated or manually > inputted...

A Crystal Beginner

Resetting Autonumber field
Can anyone tell me how I can reset the Autonumber field in my table? Compacting a database with an empty table will do that Pieter "Firz" <Firz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE025D3B-EF2E-48E8-B7F9-66A442D1AE73@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me how I can reset the Autonumber field in my table? Compact and repair will do it. -- "Loose Change 2nd Edition" has been seen by almost 7 million people on Google video "Firz" wrote: > Can anyone tell me how I can reset the Autonumber field in my table? You've already re...

Get paid while you get online!!

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

Tasks
Hi, I've been trying to edit the Task form so that I can have both a regarding account and a regarding case for each task (by default I can have only one regarding value). Is there some way I can add the system attributes to an entity so I can choose them onto the form. A task form should be like this: Subject Description Account Case User Duration Due by I have one that can be either Account or Case but I'd like to be able to register both. Is this possible? Thanks, Valdimar Valdimar, It is not possible to add relationships between system entities in v3.0, so you ...

GAL displayed fields
Is there a way to sync fields defined in ADUC (eg. General, Address, and Telephones Tab info) with the applicable fields in the GAL without entering it in both places separately? TIA. -- GJ Not sure how you can enter stuff in the GAL - it's nothing but a filtered view of data in AD that's displayed/modified using ADUC and other such tools. If you change it in ADUC, you will see the change when you view the GAL. There may be some replication latency when you have multiple DCs or a distributed environment with multiple Sites. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW...

How do I get??

Get notified when Out of Office is on

Getting Control ID in Active X control

Get photos from a camera

Adding new fields to the schema
I'm trying to find any documentation to tell me how to add fields to the schema, but not seeing anything. Sorry if I overlooked the obvious. You want to look at the deployment manager... it has a help file associated with it. >-----Original Message----- >I'm trying to find any documentation to tell me how to add fields to the >schema, but not seeing anything. Sorry if I overlooked the obvious. > > >. > keep in imnd that while you can add fields you cannot remove them!! take care and research before adding many fields "kb" <anonymous@discuss...

limiting results
I hope I can explain this properly. I have a sheet with 100 results but I only want to display the last 4 results on another sheet if there are more than 4 results - so the results displayed would be 97,98,99,100. Anyone have a suggestion? thanks JT On Fri, 9 Dec 2011 20:02:11 -0600, "JT" <grouch_45@hotmail.com> wrote: >I hope I can explain this properly. > >I have a sheet with 100 results but I only want to display the last 4 >results on another sheet if there are more than 4 results - so the results >displayed would be 97,98,99,100. > >Anyone ...

running SQL Reporting Services over the Internet
Hello: As far as I can tell, the following are the only ways of running the Report Manager for SQL Reporting Services insideor outside of Business Portal for those users who are not on the LAN: (1) Install the SRS web parts for SharePoint and customize Business Portal to use the web parts, (2) Create a VPN connection, or (3) Open the SRS port on the SQL server box and if possible utilize either SSL or ISA. Am I correct? I mean, if you're not on the network, you can't run Report Manager. So, I'm trying to find ways of allowing such users this access. Thanks! childoft...