Get a percentage based on multiple conditions

I would like to determine a percentage in Excel that is based on
multiple conditions.  This is for a serious a products on different
displays and the quantity on those displays.  I need to know out of
all the stores surveyed, what percentage of those stores had a lobby
display with more than 150 cases. If I had a small set of data I'm
sure I could just pivot the data a few ways and be done, but I have
over 50,000 rows.  See the sample set of data below for more detail.

Store	Display		Product		Qty
-------	--------------	--------------	----------
123	Lobby		Soda Cans	50
123	Aisle		Soda Cans	75
123	Perimeter	Soda Cans	75
123	Lobby		2 liter		120
123	Aisle		2 liter		200
123	Perimeter	2 liter		50
123	Lobby		20 oz		20
123	Aisle		20 oz		60
123	Perimeter	20 oz		0
456	Lobby		Soda Cans	100
456	Aisle		Soda Cans	50
456	Perimeter	Soda Cans	50
456	Lobby		2 liter		25
456	Aisle		2 liter		150
456	Perimeter	2 liter		25
456	Lobby		20 oz		20
456	Aisle		20 oz		60
456	Perimeter	20 oz		0
789	Lobby		Soda Cans	40
789	Aisle		Soda Cans	100
789	Perimeter	Soda Cans	20
789	Lobby		2 liter		80
789	Aisle		2 liter		200
789	Perimeter	2 liter		50
789	Lobby		20 oz		40
789	Aisle		20 oz		60
789	Perimeter	20 oz		0

>From this sample data, you would determine that out of the 3 stores
only 2 of them (66%) have a Lobby display with more than 150 cases. In
Excel 2003, how I can I do this? I cannot wrap my head around it.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Aug 22, 2:09 pm, Matt <mcvanoli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to determine a percentage in Excel that is based on
> multiple conditions.  This is for a serious a products on different
> displays and the quantity on those displays.  I need to know out of
> all the stores surveyed, what percentage of those stores had a lobby
> display with more than 150 cases. If I had a small set of data I'm
> sure I could just pivot the data a few ways and be done, but I have
> over 50,000 rows.  See the sample set of data below for more detail.
>
> Store   Display         Product         Qty
> ------- --------------  --------------  ----------
> 123     Lobby           Soda Cans       50
> 123     Aisle           Soda Cans       75
> 123     Perimeter       Soda Cans       75
> 123     Lobby           2 liter         120
> 123     Aisle           2 liter         200
> 123     Perimeter       2 liter         50
> 123     Lobby           20 oz           20
> 123     Aisle           20 oz           60
> 123     Perimeter       20 oz           0
> 456     Lobby           Soda Cans       100
> 456     Aisle           Soda Cans       50
> 456     Perimeter       Soda Cans       50
> 456     Lobby           2 liter         25
> 456     Aisle           2 liter         150
> 456     Perimeter       2 liter         25
> 456     Lobby           20 oz           20
> 456     Aisle           20 oz           60
> 456     Perimeter       20 oz           0
> 789     Lobby           Soda Cans       40
> 789     Aisle           Soda Cans       100
> 789     Perimeter       Soda Cans       20
> 789     Lobby           2 liter         80
> 789     Aisle           2 liter         200
> 789     Perimeter       2 liter         50
> 789     Lobby           20 oz           40
> 789     Aisle           20 oz           60
> 789     Perimeter       20 oz           0
>
> >From this sample data, you would determine that out of the 3 stores
>
> only 2 of them (66%) have a Lobby display with more than 150 cases. In
> Excel 2003, how I can I do this? I cannot wrap my head around it.
> Thank you in advance for your assistance.

You might try the following formula:
=COUNTIF(D2:D50000,">=150")/COUNT(D2:D50000)

Scott

0
maistrye (14)
8/22/2007 11:08:43 PM
On Aug 22, 5:08 pm, Scott <maist...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 22, 2:09 pm, Matt <mcvanoli...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I would like to determine a percentage in Excel that is based on
> > multiple conditions.  This is for a serious a products on different
> > displays and the quantity on those displays.  I need to know out of
> > all the stores surveyed, what percentage of those stores had a lobby
> > display with more than 150 cases. If I had a small set of data I'm
> > sure I could just pivot the data a few ways and be done, but I have
> > over 50,000 rows.  See the sample set of data below for more detail.
>
> > Store   Display         Product         Qty
> > ------- --------------  --------------  ----------
> > 123     Lobby           Soda Cans       50
> > 123     Aisle           Soda Cans       75
> > 123     Perimeter       Soda Cans       75
> > 123     Lobby           2 liter         120
> > 123     Aisle           2 liter         200
> > 123     Perimeter       2 liter         50
> > 123     Lobby           20 oz           20
> > 123     Aisle           20 oz           60
> > 123     Perimeter       20 oz           0
> > 456     Lobby           Soda Cans       100
> > 456     Aisle           Soda Cans       50
> > 456     Perimeter       Soda Cans       50
> > 456     Lobby           2 liter         25
> > 456     Aisle           2 liter         150
> > 456     Perimeter       2 liter         25
> > 456     Lobby           20 oz           20
> > 456     Aisle           20 oz           60
> > 456     Perimeter       20 oz           0
> > 789     Lobby           Soda Cans       40
> > 789     Aisle           Soda Cans       100
> > 789     Perimeter       Soda Cans       20
> > 789     Lobby           2 liter         80
> > 789     Aisle           2 liter         200
> > 789     Perimeter       2 liter         50
> > 789     Lobby           20 oz           40
> > 789     Aisle           20 oz           60
> > 789     Perimeter       20 oz           0
>
> > >From this sample data, you would determine that out of the 3 stores
>
> > only 2 of them (66%) have a Lobby display with more than 150 cases. In
> > Excel 2003, how I can I do this? I cannot wrap my head around it.
> > Thank you in advance for your assistance.
>
> You might try the following formula:
> =COUNTIF(D2:D50000,">=150")/COUNT(D2:D50000)
>
> Scott

Ok, Ignore me.. I didn't read. :-)

0
maistrye (14)
8/22/2007 11:18:34 PM
On Aug 22, 7:18 pm, Scott <maist...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 22, 5:08 pm, Scott <maist...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Aug 22, 2:09 pm, Matt <mcvanoli...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I would like to determine a percentage in Excel that is based on
> > > multiple conditions.  This is for a serious a products on different
> > > displays and the quantity on those displays.  I need to know out of
> > > all the stores surveyed, what percentage of those stores had a lobby
> > > display with more than 150 cases. If I had a small set of data I'm
> > > sure I could just pivot the data a few ways and be done, but I have
> > > over 50,000 rows.  See the sample set of data below for more detail.
>
> > > Store   Display         Product         Qty
> > > ------- --------------  --------------  ----------
> > > 123     Lobby           Soda Cans       50
> > > 123     Aisle           Soda Cans       75
> > > 123     Perimeter       Soda Cans       75
> > > 123     Lobby           2 liter         120
> > > 123     Aisle           2 liter         200
> > > 123     Perimeter       2 liter         50
> > > 123     Lobby           20 oz           20
> > > 123     Aisle           20 oz           60
> > > 123     Perimeter       20 oz           0
> > > 456     Lobby           Soda Cans       100
> > > 456     Aisle           Soda Cans       50
> > > 456     Perimeter       Soda Cans       50
> > > 456     Lobby           2 liter         25
> > > 456     Aisle           2 liter         150
> > > 456     Perimeter       2 liter         25
> > > 456     Lobby           20 oz           20
> > > 456     Aisle           20 oz           60
> > > 456     Perimeter       20 oz           0
> > > 789     Lobby           Soda Cans       40
> > > 789     Aisle           Soda Cans       100
> > > 789     Perimeter       Soda Cans       20
> > > 789     Lobby           2 liter         80
> > > 789     Aisle           2 liter         200
> > > 789     Perimeter       2 liter         50
> > > 789     Lobby           20 oz           40
> > > 789     Aisle           20 oz           60
> > > 789     Perimeter       20 oz           0

> > > only 2 of them (66%) have a Lobby display with more than 150 cases. In
> > > Excel 2003, how I can I do this? I cannot wrap my head around it.
> > > Thank you in advance for your assistance.
>
> > You might try the following formula:
> > =COUNTIF(D2:D50000,">=150")/COUNT(D2:D50000)
>
> > Scott
>
> Ok, Ignore me.. I didn't read. :-)- Hide quoted text -

Well, that may help in a small way, it will give me an idea of what
I'm working with, but unfortunately that still isn't the solution.  I
haven't been able to figure out a way to do this...

On Aug 23, 6:09 am, Matt <mcvanoli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to determine a percentage in Excel that is based on
> multiple conditions.  This is for a serious a products on different
> displays and the quantity on those displays.  I need to know out of
> all the stores surveyed, what percentage of those stores had a lobby
> display with more than 150 cases. If I had a small set of data I'm
> sure I could just pivot the data a few ways and be done, but I have
> over 50,000 rows.  See the sample set of data below for more detail.
>
> Store   Display         Product         Qty
> ------- --------------  --------------  ----------
> 123     Lobby           Soda Cans       50
> 123     Aisle           Soda Cans       75
> 123     Perimeter       Soda Cans       75
> 123     Lobby           2 liter         120
> 123     Aisle           2 liter         200
> 123     Perimeter       2 liter         50
> 123     Lobby           20 oz           20
> 123     Aisle           20 oz           60
> 123     Perimeter       20 oz           0
> 456     Lobby           Soda Cans       100
> 456     Aisle           Soda Cans       50
> 456     Perimeter       Soda Cans       50
> 456     Lobby           2 liter         25
> 456     Aisle           2 liter         150
> 456     Perimeter       2 liter         25
> 456     Lobby           20 oz           20
> 456     Aisle           20 oz           60
> 456     Perimeter       20 oz           0
> 789     Lobby           Soda Cans       40
> 789     Aisle           Soda Cans       100
> 789     Perimeter       Soda Cans       20
> 789     Lobby           2 liter         80
> 789     Aisle           2 liter         200
> 789     Perimeter       2 liter         50
> 789     Lobby           20 oz           40
> 789     Aisle           20 oz           60
> 789     Perimeter       20 oz           0
>
> >From this sample data, you would determine that out of the 3 stores
>
> only 2 of them (66%) have a Lobby display with more than 150 cases. In
> Excel 2003, how I can I do this? I cannot wrap my head around it.
> Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Enter the following as an array formula i.e. ... Ctrl Shft Enter,
rather than the usual ... Enter:

=COUNT(IF($B2:$B50000="Lobby",IF($D2:$D50000=150,$D2:$D50000))) /
COUNT($D$2:$D$50000)

0
daxmiller (1)

XML serialization , validating against multiple schemas
Hi My web service receives an object of type say MyObject. I want to serialize this object,and then validate the xml against the main xsd. When validation happens, it should also validate against the included schema. The main schema includes one more schema and the actual types are described in the included schema. eg., <xs:schema xmlns:t="http://myschemas/base" xmlns=""> <xs:import schemaLocation="base.xsd" /> <xs:element name="MyObject"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence minOccurs="0"> <xs:element name=&...

Conditional linked files
Hi, I have two files (a master and a detail) in which I pull through a column from the detail to the master, using "=[Detail.xls]Sheet1!$A$2" However I would like to configure the spreadsheets so that only data which meets a condition is pulled in the master, in other words using pseudo code as follows. If [link] in detail.xls = yes then display in master. I realise that the condition statement will probably need to sit in the master file but have no idea how this is done or whether possible at all. Any ideas? Mark -- madiba --------------------------------------------------...

A Crystal Beginner

Get paid while you get online!!

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

inserting texts in cell based on conditions
Hi, I would very much appreciate if someone could help me solving a problem, illustrated by the following example: Column A B C 1 1 "LB" 2 1 "DK" 3 4 1 1 "LB/DK" If there's a 1 in column A, the corresponding cell in column C should get the text "LB" inserted into it. If there's a 1 in column C, the corresponding cell in column C should get the text "DK" inserted into it. If both column A and B have ones in them, the corresponding cell should get the...

How do I get??

send the same message to multiple recipients
I need to accomplish the assignment below every month, with a different list eachtime, what is the right way to do it? I DO KNOW the basics, but I'm having trouble with the finer points re: the best way to use email addresses that are not initially in Outlook, and the best way to use TO: and BCC: and distribution lists effectively to make the email look correct at the recipient's end. I'm starting with a .TXT file in Windows but it's external from Outlook. The file contains names and email addresses, approx 25 to 50 names. Here is a sample of the .TXT file (my real f...

enhanced conditional formatting
i want a conditional formatting system that is not limited like the current one. currently i can only set 3 conditions and the formating settings for each condition being true in the following scenario i would require 6 conditions that would require the values of more than 1 row/column to be of a specific value to create the desire effect. they are as follows: 1) if drivable is = yes and elapsed between 0 and 6 cell shadow green 2) if drivable is = no and elapsed between 0 and 3 cell shadow green 3) if drivable is = yes and elapsed between 6 and 9 cell shadow orange 4) if drivable is = no...

Get notified when Out of Office is on

Can the Item Description wrap to multiple lines on an invoice?
We have some long item descriptions (up to the 100 character limit), and we were trying to figure out how to get them to print on an invoice. If I spread the field all out on a single line, it's too long to fit on the document. If I create a box that's several lines tall, it does partially wrap, but it doesn't print the full description - it cuts off after around the 60th character or so. Has anyone successfully wrapped an item description on an invoice? -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 I think you'll need to parse it and then...

Getting Control ID in Active X control

Get photos from a camera

Conditionally Change Print-Area
How Can I conditionally change Print-Area...something like Conditional Formula? Background: I have designed a template for a class-room to update the student's profile. I will distribute this template to every Class-Teacher S/he will the distribute among students. Initially, I have setup 8 columns. Problem I faced while printing is that suppose some class have 5 students some have 8 students or some have 12. How can i automatically setup print-area (include or exclude the unnecessary columns in print-area) Hope I will get some solution for this. Regards, Murtaza I had a similar pr...

How do I get my best friend back?
I NEED TO KNOW "monsterboy16" <monsterboy16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7918DF09-EB34-46E4-852E-8DAAC3FFF45F@microsoft.com... > I NEED TO KNOW Easy. Just lift the lid on your toilet seat and whistle. Dipshit! -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." Pretend that you're in a coma and unable to communicate in any way (such as posting messages in newsgroups). "monsterboy16" <monsterboy16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

how to get the pointer variable address from a dll
hi all, I have a DLL which has a output parameter LPVOID, A application calls this DLL function, the Dll responsibility is to assign a valid pointer to the lpBuffer, Till here it is OK, but once it returns to the Application this lpBuffer becomes NULL. Prototype, __declspec(dllexport) BOOL TRSTMonGetStatus(LPVOID lpBuffer) Please let me know what to do, I am stuck in this. try this __declspec(dllexport) BOOL TRSTMonGetStatus(LPVOID &lpBuffer) AliR. <karunyalakshmi@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1182179607.989434.318540@x35g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > > hi a...