Generated Excel 97 documents limited to one worksheet

Hi everyone,

I read in several articles that if I want to generate an Excel 97 document
dynamically, using ASP for example, by setting the content type to
application/vnd.ms-excel, I read that in this case, the document is limited
to one worksheet and the user will only be able to view one document max. at
a time. Actually, I tried it myself, and it's true. The moment I open a
second browser window and try to access the same page that generates the
Excel document, the first page goes blank.

My quetion is, whether there's an official Microsoft document of MSDN KB
article that states this. I need to show it to my client so that he'd
believe this is impossible to solve with Excel 97.

Any help is appreciated,
Thanks

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Inserting records from Excel directly into a SQL database
Hello, I have very little experience with the more advanced features of Excel and I'm hoping that some of you can provide me with a little guidance and suggestions. What I'd like to do is use macros or VBA (or anything else that might work) to insert data entries directly into a database (specifically, Interbase). So, I need to: 1. Populate the columns in my datasheet. 2. For some columns, generate additional information. For example, if I had three columns for First Name, Last Name, Room number, I would need to generate the value: First name + Last name + " lives in room &quo...

How can I alphabetize re-named tabs on Excel?
How can I alphabetize re-named tabs on Excel? hi see this site... http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.aspx regards FSt1 "Wil" wrote: > How can I alphabetize re-named tabs on Excel? ...

Can an excel workbook be printed two-sided?
I have a two sheet excel workbook that I can not get to print two sided. Can this be done? I am working on a Mac and using a Xerox Phaser 8400DP laser printer. Also some of the borders to the cells show up in print preview but do not appear when I actually print. Thanks. This is dependent on the printer and it's abilities. Worse case scenario -- print 1 sheet, then flip it, put it in bin and print sheet on other side "Janika" <Janika@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E21815C1-22B8-4803-9DA2-2EAB188CE96C@microsoft.com... : I have a two sheet excel wo...

creating an Excel chart using a map of a country?
How can I create an Excel chart using an image of a country? I would like to color states depending on certain results. Thanks! ...

Excel combobox question
I have a worksheet (which is created from a template) which has several comboboxes on it, and when you open the boxes there is data. However, I do not see any code behind it - I right click on it and I get what looks like regular choices e.g. copy,paste. They are all named ranges. Do anyone have any idea what these are and how to get access to the data and/or the code? Thanks. ...

Display Excel/Access windows
I am running VBA in Access which opens and modifies an Excel workbook. How can I control which application (Access or Excel) is visible to the user? I want to sometimes show the Excel and sometimes the Access. Hi, Set the Application object's Visible property. Make sure you use error handling so that you do not leave the Access application invisible. Public Sub AccessingExcel() On Error GoTo Handle_Error Dim appExcel As New Excel.Application ' Make Excel visible appExcel.Visible = True ' Make current Access invisible Applicat...

How to keep colunm headings when scrolling down in excel
When using an excel worksheet I put my own headings for columns in row #1. When I scroll down too far I lose those headings. Is there a way to keep them at the top of the screen? Hi, Highlight the 2nd row and click on WINDOWS --> FREEZE PANES. Hope that helps -- Joham Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-excel/200508/1 select row 2 and do Window=>Freeze panes with any cell selected you can do Window=>UnFreeze panes to reverse it. if you selected B2 and then did it, row1 and column 1 would be "frozen" it freezes to the left ...

Convert excel file to xml
I need to convert excel data into an xml file. I use Excel 2003. Most help I can find suggests using an existing xml file to create an xml map, and then taking things from there. Since I haven't got as far as creating an xml file, I can't do that. Is there a simple way to convert excel data to an xml format? ...

How can 2 people add data to the same Excel file at the same time
Is there a way to have more than 1 person keying into a excel sheet at the same time? See this: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/workbook_sharing_in_microsoft_excel.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Dough50" <Dough50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED9B526A-5470-4452-8067-2C20D4FF63C1@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to have more than 1 person keying into a excel sheet at the > same time? ...

Exporting a Report to Excel 11-12-07
We use Access's built-in function for exporting reports to Excel quite a bit and have been very happy with it. However, there are a couple reports that we'd like to export to Excel and have more control over the formatting of the produced spreadsheet. Can anyone make any suggestions as to what the best way would be to do this? (Our client is using Access 2000 and Excel 2000.) Thanks in advance. James ...

Where can I find some good Excel spreadsheet for managing my bank account
and tracking my daily expenses? I thought about downloading some applications for this purpose, but none of them satisfy me and they are not free, ;) Thank you you can design your own in spreadsheet something like this DATE my ch# DETAILS BANK CH NO. WITHDRAWAL DEPOSIT BALANCE 1-Jan-04 balance 120,876.17 1-Jan-04 SBI RELF BOND ECS 800.00 =H2+G3-F3 5-Jan-04 IDBI FLEXI BOND 9 ecs 11,050.00 =H3+G4-F4 05-Jan-04 ch uti mepus 35335 utibk 065820/19,12,.03 1,213.50 =H4+G5-F5 07-Jan-04 ch k gilt d...

Dynamic chart generation: Run time Error '1004: Method 'Cells' of object'_Global' fai
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, I am trying to generate a chart with multiple series. The number o series is not fixed and can be any number. I recorded a macro and the modified the code. 'Counter' refers to the number of the series and have referenced it in a worksheet. I am getting the error in the lin that is bold. Thank you for your help. The code is as follows: Dim Counter As Integer Dim i As Integer Sheets("With TC").Select Counter = Cells(38, 13).Value ActiveChart.ChartType = xlLine With Sheets("VP_Wit...

Change the default cell size in Microsoft Excel?
I've been trying all morning to figure out how to change the default cell size in Microsoft Excel so that each cell is the size of four cells normally. Is this possible? I realize I can select four cells at a time and then merge them but I need page after page of cells this size and its not very efficient to do it this way. Thanks in advance, James Open an excel sheet and click on Format coloumn standard width then put in the width you need Thanks Simon -- simon ----------------------------------------------------------------------- simonc's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com...

EXCEL polynomial trendlines
I have been generating trendlines to a number of data set's using a polynomial fit. If I do not set the intercept to zero the equation indicated on the graph is correct when I re-generate the trendline curve using second data set inputing x to obtain y. However, if I set the intercept to pass through zero the equation given does not give the correct trendline when I regenerate the curve using a new input data set for x to obtain y. Doe anyone have any suggestions of comments as to why this is happening and what can do to stop it? I am sure your post makes sense to you but it leav...

Generating cell content based on user input -HELP!!
I'm throwing myself on the accumulated power of the forum and hope there are people out there that can help me with this please?!? I am trying to predict the age of outstanding work to the month end. I have set up a table that has the population of cases in house at start of month. In columns to right of this I have end of month date for each month I am projecting to. Following this is a calc field for each date to work out age of case at each month end. This data is used through the indirect function to calculate the average age of cases at the end of each month. To get it to wo...

How do you entr data in a form (scanned) document?
I have a printed form I need to fill out by entering data. How do I ues Word to do so? I can scan the form to creat a (picture) document. How do I enter data in this document (by overlay) to enable printing it with entered data? You could use text boxes for your info. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Filling in preprinted forms" <Filling in preprinted forms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:659EAF90-C3E9-4C24-BDCC-11DAB1A95A87@microsoft.com... >I have a printe...

Excel Count
Hi All, I have a interesting question. I have a worksheet with A1:E1 having headings of a certain table. A2:E2 have the details as columns. This is continued in A3:E3 as well as A4:E4. I need to find the occurances of a value in these rows and display the heading for the same in a result column. (say F2 trough F5) Could any one please help me out with this. Thanks, Anoop. Take a look at the MATCH and INDEX functions in XL Help. Hope this helps. Pete On Feb 10, 10:56=A0am, Anoop <anoopsanth...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > I have a interesting question. > > I ha...

Convert Publisher document to a .pdf file
I create a multi-page newsletter using Publisher. How does one convert this to a single .pdf file? My first attempts (copy/paste into Acrobat) only produce page 1. Is there a way to capture the whole document which includes photos and clipart so that I can paste it into Acrobat? Thanks, EdC. You don't paste into Acrobat, you print the document to Acrobat. File, print, select the distiller or Adobe PDF, depending on the version of Acrobat. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ed C" <econgleton@snet....

Excel xls files open as Machine Code
Recently I created 11 Spreadsheets with Office 2003 on Machine 1. Using a USB Drive I copied all 11 files to Machine 2. On Machine 2, with Office 2003, 7 files open correctly with data in tact. The remaining 4 files open with what appears to be Machine Code, which is unreadable. The files extensions are ..xls in all cases. Is there any way of converting these files back to readable data or recovering the data by some means. I have never experienced this before and do not know how it could happen to only some files of the set. Any assistance will be most appreciated. Thank you. ...

does Excel 2007 still support patterns in graphs?
We loaded a chart created in Office 2003 into Excel 2007 and wanted to change the black and white patterns we used to fill the bars, but cannot find a similar function in the new version. Is the pattern fill still available? If so, where? Hi, This is no UI to the patterns fill any more. You can try this addin. http://www.andypope.info/charts/patternfills.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FAAAF24-B75E-4519-9BE9-F727FE02B16B@microsoft.com... > We loaded a chart ...

chart dates and times (excel 2007)
Hi All, I have 2 columns of data. One is a series of dates. The second is a series of times when a particular event happened on that date. To make it troublesome on a few of the dates the event didn't happen. I have been asked to create a chart (line) with dates on x-axis and event times on y-axis where the y-axis is measured off at 15 minute intervals. To be frank I didn't even know where to begin. I tried selecting both columns and then INSERT a Line chart but it gave me two horizontal lines parallel to each other with the first line running along the x-axis and that too starti...

make excel files executable
Is there a utility available that would make an excel file an executable? Specifically, I want to share my spreadsheet with people who don't have Excel. Thanks, Horatio Horatio, if they just need to view the files there is an excel viewer here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4EB83149-91DA-4110-8595-4A960D3E1C7C&displaylang=en -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Horatio J. Bilge&...

Copying worksheet from hidden instance of Excel
Is it possible to open multiple worksheets in a hidden instance of Excel and copy worksheets to a workbook in the original visible instance? I want to open multiple files and would prefer to not see all the files being opened in the windows task bar? wb was opened in a hidden instance of excel. An error occurs at the ws.copy line. The error is: "Method 'Copy' of object '_Worksheet' failed" Is there another option avoid seeing the files being opened in the task bar? application.screenupdating = false Set wb1 = ActiveWorkbook Set wb = xlApp.Work...

Excel Cells appear to "Stick" When working
Good morning all, Can anyone help me on a little matter regarding what seems to be sticky keys in excel?. We use both Excel 97 and 2000 here, and I just had a couple of problems from both versions. When a user tries to make changes to an excel spread sheet, they select one cell, then when they move the mouse around, more cells are selected. Now we have had something like this before, and the resolution is to depress Shift+Tab then Ctrl. Or another problem can be solved by the F8 key, or the Extensable option I think it is. In this instance non of these works. Everytime you start up excel, t...

C:\Documents and Settings\user name\.thumbnails\normal
With Windows XP Home edition: I have notice that under C:\Documents and Settings\user name/.thumbnails\normal that there are a lot of recent thumbnail photos. What's this all about???? Any knowledge on this? Thanks in advance, hb No! Fill us in on just what websites you have been visiting! >WT< "H.B." <hblair@sktc.net> wrote in message news:uxGxGOupKHA.5328@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > With Windows XP Home edition: > I have notice that under C:\Documents and Settings\user > name/.thumbnails\normal that there are a lot of recent thumb...