General Number Format Changed

Excel 2003 on XP
I have a collegue who's Excel setting for General number format displays as
0.1 instead of 1 in the sample box.
ie if you type in "1" you get "0.1", if you type in ".1" (as in 0.1) you get
"1".
Where in the settings can this General format be returned to standard?
Many thanks
DeanH
0
DeanH (33)
10/16/2008 10:25:10 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Sorry that should have been:
ie if you type in "1" you get "0.1", if you type in "1." (as in 1.0) you get
"1".

"DeanH" wrote:

> Excel 2003 on XP
> I have a collegue who's Excel setting for General number format displays as
> 0.1 instead of 1 in the sample box.
> ie if you type in "1" you get "0.1", if you type in ".1" (as in 0.1) you get
> "1".
> Where in the settings can this General format be returned to standard?
> Many thanks
> DeanH
0
DeanH (33)
10/16/2008 10:33:01 AM
Hi Dean

Tools>Options>Edit>uncheck Fixed Decimal places

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"DeanH" <DeanH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Excel 2003 on XP
> I have a collegue who's Excel setting for General number format displays
> as
> 0.1 instead of 1 in the sample box.
> ie if you type in "1" you get "0.1", if you type in ".1" (as in 0.1) you
> get
> "1".
> Where in the settings can this General format be returned to standard?
> Many thanks
> DeanH

0
Roger
10/16/2008 10:33:16 AM
Many thanks Roger, spot on.
Have a nice day ;-)

"Roger Govier" wrote:

> Hi Dean
>
> Tools>Options>Edit>uncheck Fixed Decimal places
>
> --
> Regards
> Roger Govier
>
> "DeanH" <DeanH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Excel 2003 on XP
> > I have a collegue who's Excel setting for General number format displays
> > as
> > 0.1 instead of 1 in the sample box.
> > ie if you type in "1" you get "0.1", if you type in ".1" (as in 0.1) you
> > get
> > "1".
> > Where in the settings can this General format be returned to standard?
> > Many thanks
> > DeanH

0
DeanH (33)

formatting text as active hyperlinks
I have tried to format cells containing valid urls as hyperlinks. I can copy the format from a valid and active hyperlink; but when I paste it in the cell (I have tried pasting format), the contents look like a hyperlink, but the mouse cursor does not change when I hover over it, and I can't open the web site by clicking on it? Any ideas? -- dpimental ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dpimental's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14848 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26...

Excel Cell Formatting #3
How do I centeer a picture in an Excel cell? Hi you can't as such objects 'float' above the cells in Excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Tom Coffey" <Tom Coffey@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8E7356E1-4318-42F3-B9C6-3D7EDFBBEEA1@microsoft.com... > How do I centeer a picture in an Excel cell? ...

changes since uninstall of office 2003 beta outlook
Hello - I have uninstalled the beta office 2003 programs including outlook and reinstalled the office xp programs. However, My outlook still has a business contact manager folder available, but I can not delete it. When I attempt to do so I get the following error message: Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. An unexpected error has occurred. MAPI was unable to load the information service IrisMS.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured. Another change I have discovered is that when I go to Data File Management,...

trying to add numbers in a column
I'm trying to add the numbers in a column. The numbers are in h:mm:ss format. When I use the function =SUM(I2:I154) It returns a 0. Any help would be great! thanks! Sari wrote: > I'm trying to add the numbers in a column. The numbers are in h:mm:ss > format. When I use the function =SUM(I2:I154) It returns a 0. Any > help would be great! thanks! Works for me....what version of Excel? The cell in which you have the =SUM(I2:I154) formula should have the format [h]:mm:ss - it will then show the elapsed time as the result. Or if you change the format of this one ce...

page numbers
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am working on my dissertation. I need to use Roman numerals in the footer for the preliminary pages and then Arabic numbers in the header for the body of the paper. I have created a section break between the sections and have been able to use the correct numbers in each section; however, I can not put the first section in the footer and the second section in the header. They both go into either the header or footer. Any suggestions? <br> Thank you. Hi, place our cursor in the section in which you need ...

general question!
Hello there. Outlook XP in a networked environment. When viewing an email (that has an attachment)in the preview pane, I can see the attachment icon on that little header area between the list of emails and the previewed email. However, when I click away to an email that is a reply to a meeting request (that I sent out)and then click back on the attachment-email, in the information viewer the little attachment icon is no longer on the header. Obviously I can still tell if the email in question has an attachment from the information viewer. This is more annoying more than anything els...

Underline % format
How can I get cells that have the % format to have underlines that are similar to what you get with the accounting format? Will a custom format do it? Will Fleenor Will@k2e.com Just format the cells with the "percent format" of your choice, then highlight the cell(s) again and right-click > FormatCells > Font tab > select single accounting underline........... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABgx3 "Will Fleenor" <will@k2e.com> w7yuuuuuuuuuuu][[[[[56tttttttttttttttttttt[[[[[[[[3222rote in message news:eKr3Y5IWFHA.2960@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > How can I g...

How do I permanetly change my logo?
How can i change the logo in my Personal Information, permanently? Hi Mac (Mac@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || How can i change the logo in my Personal Information, permanently? Type Logo into your help search in Publisher. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

changing languages
I've got the spanish version of office X... anyone know how to get it to show menu items in english in word, excel etc? In article <1105685531.941440.207500@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, "dean" <deansilverman@mac.com> wrote: > I've got the spanish version of office X... anyone know how to get it > to show menu items in english in word, excel etc? You'd need to purchase an English version of Office. ...

Finding next sequential number
I'm building a MsAccess "annex" interface to our existing MRP system which is a SQL database , to automatically add another Item Number given certain conditions. My problem is how I can set the next sequential number of the Item Number. The starting Item Number format is 01-00800, where the last 3 digits (800) is sequential. The highest sequential can only go up to 999 (i.e 01-00999), at which point the script stops and someone will have to decide what the new sequence should be and reset. The list of Item Numbers created are stored in table PartMaster, field ItemNum. ...

*123* changes to 123 with botd fonts
We are in the process of migration from Lotus Notes to Exchange 2007 and outlook 2007 with OfficeXP. We have migrated 300 users lastweek. After migration couple of users have strange problems with Calendar Meeting Invitation. I organise meeting through conference call and send the participation code as below. ----------------------------------- Calling number *123456* Participation code *45678* ---------------------------------- Many users (not all) received as below ----------------------------------- Calling number 123456 Participation code 45678 -----------------------------------...

ModifiedOn Date change.
Hi, Did anyone notice that if you change a security role and save it, it will change the modified on for all the records asociated with this security roll. It will even change the Modified on for closed records. I have a report for closed cases and the only way to know when a report was closed is to check it's status as resoved and then when it was laset modified, now that i changed a security role all my cases open or resoved have the same modified on date and i can not rut the report any more. Is this a bug? is it known? what runs in the background when you change a security rol...

Contest Number Receipt Printing
Just wondering if anyone has tried printing numbers on the receipt from POS to verify that someone signing up for a contest is truely someone who purchased from your store? For example: When POS goes through the XML file when a receipt is being printed, it creates a random number and sends it to an outside source (e.g. Internet MySQL Server). It then prints the number on the receipt for the customer to use later when verifying they are who they say they are on a web based form. Does anyone know if this is a possible feat? I have some experience with the receipt.xml (edited the file bef...

help! what is Error Number: 0x800CCC18?
Account: 'wonderland207/mail', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR command not implemented', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 "kmh" <kmh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33D840F0-4173-48AD-8154-13557DEB09B2@microsoft.com... > Account: 'wonderland207/mail', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, > Server Response: '-ERR command not implemented', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): > Yes, > Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Num...

General
I created a workbook with several worksheets that are protected and when it is opened it is to go to sheet1 and select cell A10. My problem is that when I open it not only is sheet1/A10 selected but a cell in sheet2 which causes half of each sheet to be visible. Now if I unprotect sheet2 the problem goes away but cells in the two sheets are linked and both need to be protected. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Carl, care to post the code you are using? maybe somebody can see why it is doing that -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Usin...

copy formatting?
Is there a way to copy and paste from a formatted set of cells, to an unformatted set and have the formatting copy/paste as well, so that column/row sizes adjust to be the same? Thanks Steven Shelton "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not!" --Thomas Jefferson Hi Steven With pastespecial you can also copy column width but not row height See the edit menu for PasteSpecial If you only want to copy a range to another place to view/print then you can try this Row and column width is working then http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#n...

email receive date and time changes
I don't know if this is an exchange or outlook problem. but my email receive date and time, and whether marked as unread constantly updates. I read the emails then some time later look at inbox and all the emails have new current date and time and are marked unread. how odd I'd appreaciate any help Jon Please provide the following information: 1) Version of Outlook 2) Email environment: Exchange, POP3, etc. 3) Does the user have a PST? If so, what is the size? 4) Are there any error messages/numbers? 5) Have you checked the application event viewer for any Outlook or Off...

Formula to find the last number of a column (lower cell)
I have a column with numbers. I want a formula that it will be finding the lower cell that has data. For example in column A i have numbers in cells A1, A2 and A3. In cell A10 i want a fotmula. With this formula will see in cell A10 the number that i have in cell A3. If i put a number in cell A4 i want that number to be shown in cell A10. Try the below in cell A10 =LOOKUP(10^10,A1:A9) -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "yiannis5231" wrote: > I have a column with numbers. I want a formula that it will be finding the > lower cell that has data. For example in colu...

vbAdvance general dll problem
I want to create a plugin for an external application in VB6. To do this I create a regular dll, export the necessary functions and compile the dll. So far so good. The problem comes when I developed a second plugin (also in vb6 with vbAdvance) and try to load both in the external application. The first plugin is loaded fine, but the second fails with error 998 (ERROR_NOACCESS). I traced the problem to the code that starts the required vb stuff, in MRuntimeInit: ... pGetClass = GetProcAddress(hMod, "DllGetClassObject") If pGetClass Then CopyMemory pCall, InitDelegato...

Displaying All Contact Names In The Same Format
When displaying contact names in Outlook 2003 you are given the option of either First Last or Last, First. I want mine to always be displayed the same. I don't care which one, as long as they are all the same, but since my contacts are enter by synchronizing with 2 different sources, Hotmail and PocketPC 2003, some of my contacts are displayed as Last, First and some are displayed as First Last. Does Outlook 2003 have a place where I can tell it to always display all contacts as one or the other? Thanks. -- Nathan Sokalski njsokalski@hotmail.com http://www.nathansokalski.com/ I...

changing columns into rows
I'm a novice using Excel 2007 in W 7. I have an existing database where I would like to change things so that the rows become columns and vice versa. Is there a way to automatically do that or do I need to recreate the spreadsheet from scratch? Thanks, Jeff Depends upon the layout but have a look at Transpose in Help. You may be able to simply copy and paste special>transpose. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 13:12:41 -0400, "Jeff@nospam.fake" <Jeff@nospam.fake> wrote: >I'm a novice using Excel 2007 in W 7. >I have an exi...

Conditional Formatting #121
Hi Is there another way of putting conditional formatting on a worksheet without using the 'Conditional Formatting' function. I need to do conditional formatting to 5 or 6 levels however I am limited by the conditional formatting function only allowing 3 e.g. cell value is between 1 & 50 cell turns blue cell value is between 51 & 100 cell turns green cell value is between 101 & 250 cell turns yellow cell value is between 251 & 500 cell turns orange cell value is between 501 & 1000 cell turns magenta cell value is between 1000 & 2500 cell turns Red Currently...

alt.windows7.general
Windows 7 is Vista regurgitated. But it now has it's own news group. alt.windows7.general (uncensored) Canuck57 wrote this, with guidance from inner voices: > Windows 7 is Vista regurgitated. > > But it now has it's own news group. > > alt.windows7.general (uncensored) Just couldn't leave them in peace, could ya? -- Vita brevis breviter in brevi finietur, Mors venit velociter quae neminem veretur. Canuck57 wrote: > Windows 7 is Vista regurgitated. > > But it now has it's own news group. > > alt.windows7.general ...

Conditional Formatting in Excel 2007
Hi all- Can someone give me detailed directions on how to format a column so that the cells with 4's in them are highlighted yellow, the cells with 5's in them are red and the cells with 6's are blue. I have tried using the wizard but the numbers 1-3 get highlighted also. Thanks in advance. LabLawrence Select the cells Open the Conditional Format dialog, use Highlight Rules -> Equal To; in the left had box enter 4, in the right-hand select a colour combination as needed Repeat for 5. best wishes -- Bernard Liengme http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme Microso...

Format cells #8