Freezing rows & columns

I have formatted my sheet perfectly, but when I freeze the appropriat
section excel inserts a big line (to show whats frozen) thus disruptin
my formatting.

Is anyone aware of a means of freezing WITHOUT the line?

CHEER

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You can't hide the "freeze" line.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"The Grinch" <The.Grinch.xv2fy@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:The.Grinch.xv2fy@excelforum-nospam.com...

http://www.ExcelForum.com/

> ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide
to creating financial statements

0
chip1 (1821)

Text to column using multiple spaces?? CITY STATE ZIP
Hello I currently have a column that is CITY STATE ZIP I would like to make this 3 seperate columns CITY, STATE, ZIP How can I do this? I cant use space because sometimes the city has 2 parts: BUFFALO NY 11222 or sometimes it is: BUFFALO CITY NY 11223 any ideas? thanks. On Apr 29, 11:15=A0am, PAkerly <pake...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello I currently have a column that is CITY STATE ZIP > > I would like to make this 3 seperate columns CITY, STATE, ZIP > > How can I do this? =A0I cant use space because sometimes the city has 2 > parts: > > BUFFALO NY 11222 >...

best way to sum a column with #N/a's?
what is the best way to sum a column (that i polulated by using vlookup that contains #n/a, positve and negative numbers i am currently doing =sumif(a1:a20,">0",a1:a20)+sumif(a1:a20,"<0",a1:a20) anyone know of a more effiecient wa -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =sum(if(isnumber(a1:a20),a1:a20)) This is an array formula. Hit ctrl-shift-enter instead of enter. If you do it correctly, excel will wrap curly brackets {} around your formula. (don't type them yourself.) "sokevin <" wrote: > > what is the best way to sum a...

CEICW freezes at configuring firewall
Hello, this post in in relation to my other post of the ntbackup not working. I did a restore and the backups works fine, and i was just testing everything out, when i noticed, the CEICW was not working correctly. IT always freezes at configuring firewall and its 1cm away from finishing that. IT causes the computer to lockup. there are no errors in the event log, or in the ICW.log. the log stops with no errors. I even went back 3 months with the backup and it still has the same problem. I found a working backup from 09 but the active directory has changes so much that it is n...

Shading alternate rows in Excel
Is there someway to shade every other row in an Excel speadsheet without doing it one by one? Hi Whoray, Here's one way: Select the range of rows that you want to highlight. Goto Format>Conditional Formatting Formula Is =MOD(ROW(),2)=1 Select the background fill pattern you want OK out If you want the second row to start the highlight then just simply change the formula from =1 to =0 Biff >-----Original Message----- >Is there someway to shade every other row in an Excel speadsheet without >doing it one by one? > > >. > ...

Outlook 2007 freezes/crashes on startup most of the time
A little more than 50% of the time, Outlook 2007 freezes for me on startup. Usually it is very early on -- according to the task manager, there has been very little I/O when it freezes. When frozen, there is no I/O or change in RAM usage. It appears to be totally dead. After killing the task and restarting a few times, sometimes it will start up fine, other times it will ask me to disable an add-on. The add-on to be disabled appears to be varied randomly. Usually if I disable the add-on, it starts up okay, and then I can re-enable the add-on from the trust center and it works fine from then o...

Copying selected rows to a new workbook
I'm trying to look at all rows in a worksheet. If the value in column C has the word case in it, I want to copy it to a new workbook. The macro does create a new workbook, but nothing gets copied over. I could use some help. Thanks! Jeff Sub JustcaseWorkbook() ' ' JustcaseWorkbook Macro Dim i As Integer, shName As String Dim rowData As Range, rowXAxis As Range Dim chtTitle As Range Workbooks.Add Windows("LABELINVENTORY7-20-2011 (1).xls").Activate ' shName = "Sheet1" Set rowData = Sheets(shName).Range("a5:c5") For i = 5 To 194 If Range...

Freezing panes
I wish to freeze the upper left corner of the first 5 cells (A1:A5) so that if I scroll right or down the freezed cells will just stay visible whereever I am in the sheet. But I cannot manage to do so. When I freeze the cells and if I scroll down, then the RHS of the freezed cells stay also freezed which I don't want. I just want to freeze the cells and if I scroll right or down the unfreezed parts should scroll as I do. I tried split but also same problem appears. Any solution? You could open a new window to the same sheet and arrange them so that both are visible on s...

Deleting rows
I have a question, I have a spreadsheet which contains two columns of text which are b and c and 7 columns of numbers and formulas which are d-j, there are some rows on which I will have nothing but zeros and blank cells, I would like to make a macro which would delete all the rows if there are any empty/zeros within columns d-j. Thank you. Joe Diaz Wrote Clarification please. Do you want to delete the row even if there is only one empty/zero cell in the row... or do you want to delete the row only when all seven cells for the row in D through J are empty/zero? -- Rick (M...

Transpose large data from columns to rows
Hello thanks for the help if possible. I have 2 columns. Column A contains names of employees column B contains the trainings the employees attended. Each employee has different number of trainings (I got this data sorted by simple pivot table) A B Employee X training 1 Employee X training 2 Employee X training 3 Employee Y training 3 Employee Y training 2 Employee Z training 5 Employee Z training 7 Empl...

Mix of numbers/letters in same column
Hi, I've got a problem with using Excel 2003 data in other programmes (either Access or BarTender label software), in the sense that it will not display certain items of a particular column. The 'Size' column of the worksheet consists of a mixture of numbers (8,10, . .. 20) and letters (S,M,L,XL). When trying to import the data into other programmes it recognises the numbers but leaves out the letters, ie returning blank cells. Is there a way that the mixed information can be formatted without me having to list letters and numbers in separate columns? (Format Cells > e...

Freezing
When I delete messages, Outlook freezes and gives the message that Outlook is not responding. ...

Copying Rows of Formulas
How can I copy Row 1 down without offsetting the referenced cells? I copied it to Row 5 and it changed the reference to A5, B5, etc. A B C D =Sheet2!A1 =Sheet2!B1 =Sheet2!C1 =Sheet2!D1 (Row 1) =Sheet3!A2 =Sheet3!B2 =Sheet3!C2 =Sheet3!D2 (Row 2) =Sheet2!A4 =Sheet2!B4 =Sheet2!C4 =Sheet2!D4 (Row 4) =Sheet2!A5 =Sheet2!B5 =Sheet2!C5 =Sheet2!D5 (Row 5) Also, can I make the cell formula Sheet reference number a variable? Like: =Sheet(J1)!A1 instead of =Sheet3!A1 so I can control the sheet number it looks at by changing the valu...

how to count#cells w/= value in other column and not count blank c
In column A, I have values equal to either YES, NO or NA. In column B, I have values equal to either YES, NO or NA. I want to count the # of cells in column B that equal to their counterpart in column A, but I do not want to count blank cells, ex: A B 1 Yes Yes 2 No No 3 NA No 4 5 Yes Yes 6 Yes Yes 7 8 No No 9 No No Result for B10 should be 6 as I do not want to count row 4 and row 7 thanks in advance! =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A9=B1:B9);--(NOT(ISBLANK(A1:A9)))) -- Regards! Stefi „aganoe” ezt írta: > In column A, I have values equal to either YES,...

Excluding certain rows from being included in diagram
I have a table (from which I produce a number of graphs) that begins as follows Order No. Requote Change Requote 280 280 A 280 A B 280 A B C For every order made there is a possibility of a re-quote being made before the order is sent out. This will be entered on a separate line but the Order No will remain the same. I need to chart this information in a bar chart but I want to exclude any lines where a re-quote has been made in order to avoid duplication of data. New Orders will be entered onto the 'Order log' as the next number e.g. 280....

How do I have a formula refer to the most recent entry in a row #2
I am using a spreadsheet to compile monthly results for my company. Some of these results are a YTD status measurement that uses the results from the most recently completed month. Is there a way to have the YTD cell refer to the most recently entered cell in a row? Not exactly sure if this is what your asking, but lets say your YTD value is in col a, row 6, you can reference whatever value is in col c, row 6 by using the following formula: col a, row 6 + (or =) col c, row 6. -- tenaj "sm7301" wrote: > I am using a spreadsheet to compile monthly results for my company...

Comapre columns
hi i have a worksheet containing two columns of data column A = names column B = Team Cell k1 holds the widows log on name ie kevin Cell I1 holds the team identification ie team 1 i want to read column A compare it with the name logged on then i want to check the team in column B against team Identification if the user name is correct and the team is correct open the workbook for editing if the username is correct and the team is incorrect open the open the book in Read Only If user name is incorrect open workbook Read Only On Feb 2, 11:57=A0am, kevin carter <kevca...@btin...

install of Office 2004 freezes at User Information screen
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Hi, I'm trying to install Office 2004 on my G5 Mac (using Leopard) and when the installation reaches the User Information screen, it freezes and has to be force-quit. This is true when I use the Setup Assistant or when I do a drag-and-drop installation. I googled and found one person with the same problem- they had solved it by running Autoupdate, so I did that, but it didn't help. Any advice would be appreciated very much! I'm useless without my Excel spreadsheets! Thank you. -Emily Hi Emily - Did your ...

Outlook freezes #15
Outlook freezes when I try to send a file attachment ...

formatting columns #2
Is there a way to format a column so that no number ever repeats? So if a 3rd party is entering an ID number, and it already exists, it won't let them... Check out this web page of Chip Pearson: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NoDupEntry.htm -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Chris Shearman" <chris.shearman@midwestwireless.com> wrote in message news:ODYdn$C$FHA.215...

Can I stop scrolling at a certain row?
I have the problem that when i want to highlight a column of data, (bu the data does not start at the top of the column) i have to highligh down over 7000 cells. Generally i end up scrolling to about row 10 000, then wizz past th other way up to a bout 5000, gradually getting closer to the 7000 mark but taking ages to actually get there! Is there a way i can set the bottom of the spreadsheet or something? cheers for any help!! -Su -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Select the "top" cell, then hold the shift key down. Press end, then the down arrow cursor key an...

How do I delete rows while maintaining textbox spatial relationsh.
I have a lengthy spreadsheet with text boxes specifically spaced in an excel document. In Excel 2003, I could delete rows and everything below the deletion would move together. In Excel 2007, the text boxes remain while the cells move. This ruins the visual format of the file. I can't find a setting to control whether objects move when cells are deleted. Hi Drew, I know it's tad delayed but perhaps this is what you need. Highlight your text box, then right click and choose "Format Tex Box". Under "Properties" tab you need to select one of the following opt...

freeze pane #2
How do I stop the frozen pane, which in my case is a row, from being included in a sort check the "Header Row" radio button >-----Original Message----- >How do I stop the frozen pane, which in my case is a row, from being included in a sort >. > Select the area you want sorted. Don't include the frozen area. then sort. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "farmwife" <farmwife@hull-o.com> wrote in message news:518E67A8-7E42-42F3-A73B-238196AB95D7@microsoft.com... > How do I stop the frozen pane, which in my case is a row, from being included in a sort ...

IE8 freezes/hangs with video Web sites?
Hello. Is there a known issue with Internet Explorer v8.0, in old Windows XP, freezing/hanging on various video Web sites? My friend and others, on http://www.videosift.com/talk/This-site-keeps-getting-hung-up, say people are having problems there and other video Web sites (e.g., http://www.roblox.com/). Thank you in advance. :) -- "It's kind of an insane case ... 6,000 ants dressed up as rice and robbed a Chinese restaurant." --Steven Wright /\___/\ / /\ /\ \ Phil./Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) | |o o| | Ant&...

how to make a table with 10 million rows in one column?
how to make a table with 10 million rows in one column? Num 1 2 3 .. .. .. 10,000,000 thanks, pemt WHY! -- Build a little, test a little. "pemt" wrote: > how to make a table with 10 million rows in one column? > > Num > 1 > 2 > 3 > . > . > . > 10,000,000 > > thanks, > > pemt On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 09:44:01 -0700, pemt <pemt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how to make a table with 10 million rows in one column? > >Num >1 >2 >3 >. >. >. >10,000,000 ...

Need help setting up a complex row source
I'm trying to create a form to let the user create new entries in a link table. The problem is that one of the two FKs in it refers to a table that doesn't have any one field that is suitable to use as an identifier in the the forms combobox. Two values which are in the table via foreign keys do provide a suitable userfriendly identifier for the rows of the table. I can't do this directly when creating the form since at most I can pull the two FKs, not the text they're associated with. This also appears to be beyond what the form wizard can be coaxed into doing, and I don&#...