Freezing panes

I wish to freeze the upper left corner of the first 5 cells (A1:A5) so that
if I scroll right or down the freezed cells will just stay visible whereever
I am in the sheet. But I cannot manage to do so. When I freeze the cells and
if I scroll down, then the RHS of the freezed cells stay also freezed which
I don't want. I just want to freeze the cells and if I scroll right or down
the unfreezed parts should scroll as I do. I tried split but also same
problem appears. Any solution?

0
minimus
5/11/2010 12:04:43 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You could open a new window to the same sheet and arrange them so that
both are visible on screen at the same time. You could adjust the size
of the first window to show just those cells that you want to be
"frozen", and in the other window you can scroll across and down as
you wish. To do this with Excel 2003 or earlier, click on Window | New
Window, and in Excel 2007 click on View then New Window. To get rid of
the extra window you just need to use the close icon at the top corner
of the window.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On May 11, 1:04=A0pm, "minimus" <mini...@live.co.uk> wrote:
> I wish to freeze the upper left corner of the first 5 cells (A1:A5) so th=
at
> if I scroll right or down the freezed cells will just stay visible wheree=
ver
> I am in the sheet. But I cannot manage to do so. When I freeze the cells =
and
> if I scroll down, then the RHS of the freezed cells stay also freezed whi=
ch
> I don't want. I just want to freeze the cells and if I scroll right or do=
wn
> the unfreezed parts should scroll as I do. I tried split but also same
> problem appears. Any solution?

0
Pete_UK
5/11/2010 12:52:49 PM
You can Freeze Panes, Freeze Columns, Or Freeze rows. You can't freeze
part of a column, but you can open another window to show just those 5
cells.

minimus wrote:

> I wish to freeze the upper left corner of the first 5 cells (A1:A5) so
> that if I scroll right or down the freezed cells will just stay visible
> whereever I am in the sheet. But I cannot manage to do so. When I freeze
> the cells and if I scroll down, then the RHS of the freezed cells stay
> also freezed which I don't want. I just want to freeze the cells and if
> I scroll right or down the unfreezed parts should scroll as I do. I
> tried split but also same problem appears. Any solution?

0
Bob
5/11/2010 12:58:24 PM
"minimus" <minimus@live.co.uk> wrote in message
> I wish to freeze the upper left corner of the first 5 cells (A1:A5) so
> that if I scroll right or down the freezed cells will just stay visible
> whereever I am in the sheet. But I cannot manage to do so. When I freeze
> the cells and if I scroll down, then the RHS of the freezed cells stay
> also freezed which I don't want. I just want to freeze the cells and if I
> scroll right or down the unfreezed parts should scroll as I do. I tried
> split but also same problem appears. Any solution?

Thanks!!

0
minimus

CEICW freezes at configuring firewall
Hello, this post in in relation to my other post of the ntbackup not working. I did a restore and the backups works fine, and i was just testing everything out, when i noticed, the CEICW was not working correctly. IT always freezes at configuring firewall and its 1cm away from finishing that. IT causes the computer to lockup. there are no errors in the event log, or in the ICW.log. the log stops with no errors. I even went back 3 months with the backup and it still has the same problem. I found a working backup from 09 but the active directory has changes so much that it is n...

Today view "tasks" pane has wrong date
Hello, The task dates in the task pane of the Today view are all one day behind their correct date. The dates are displayed correctly in the main Tasks view, and my computer date is correct. For example, if a task is due today, it shows up correctly in the principal tasks view, but shows up with yesterday's date in the task pane of the Today view. Any ideas? I am using Outlook 2002. thanks. ...

SBPS_NOBORDERS ignored by status window panes when using CMFCVisualManagerOffice2007?
Hi, Removing borders from status window panes does not seem to work when CMFCVisualManagerOffice2007 is active. I'm not sure if this is by design (however odd that could seem) or simply a bug in FeaturePack. Has anyone come up with a workaround? Thanks, Bogdan ...

preview pane globally off
Is there a way to turn off the preview pane for all subfolders(I have 100's of subfolders) thanks CR do you have many custom views? if not... at start menu, run, type outlook.exe /cleanviews This will erase all custom views and better insure step 2 works. Find define views in the Views menu - it's under arrange by or current view, depending on your version. Modify the Message view and disable the preview pane - it's under other settings. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart...

Outlook 2007 freezes/crashes on startup most of the time
A little more than 50% of the time, Outlook 2007 freezes for me on startup. Usually it is very early on -- according to the task manager, there has been very little I/O when it freezes. When frozen, there is no I/O or change in RAM usage. It appears to be totally dead. After killing the task and restarting a few times, sometimes it will start up fine, other times it will ask me to disable an add-on. The add-on to be disabled appears to be varied randomly. Usually if I disable the add-on, it starts up okay, and then I can re-enable the add-on from the trust center and it works fine from then o...

custom form not correctly displayed in the preview pane
hi all, I created a custom form by modifing the default message and published it in my personnal forms. what I did is shrink the "message" field to insert a logo between the message field and the subject field. when I send the page (event to myself) the form is correct when I open the message but in the preview pane, I still have the default message form without my logo. how can I also have the preview pane use my custom form ? BTW, the 3D effect check box on the message field is greyed and not modifiable. it is not possible to remove the 3D effect from the message field or ...

Freezing panes
I wish to freeze the upper left corner of the first 5 cells (A1:A5) so that if I scroll right or down the freezed cells will just stay visible whereever I am in the sheet. But I cannot manage to do so. When I freeze the cells and if I scroll down, then the RHS of the freezed cells stay also freezed which I don't want. I just want to freeze the cells and if I scroll right or down the unfreezed parts should scroll as I do. I tried split but also same problem appears. Any solution? You could open a new window to the same sheet and arrange them so that both are visible on s...

Freezing
When I delete messages, Outlook freezes and gives the message that Outlook is not responding. ...

install of Office 2004 freezes at User Information screen
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Hi, I'm trying to install Office 2004 on my G5 Mac (using Leopard) and when the installation reaches the User Information screen, it freezes and has to be force-quit. This is true when I use the Setup Assistant or when I do a drag-and-drop installation. I googled and found one person with the same problem- they had solved it by running Autoupdate, so I did that, but it didn't help. Any advice would be appreciated very much! I'm useless without my Excel spreadsheets! Thank you. -Emily Hi Emily - Did your ...

Outlook freezes #15
Outlook freezes when I try to send a file attachment ...

freeze pane #2
How do I stop the frozen pane, which in my case is a row, from being included in a sort check the "Header Row" radio button >-----Original Message----- >How do I stop the frozen pane, which in my case is a row, from being included in a sort >. > Select the area you want sorted. Don't include the frozen area. then sort. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "farmwife" <farmwife@hull-o.com> wrote in message news:518E67A8-7E42-42F3-A73B-238196AB95D7@microsoft.com... > How do I stop the frozen pane, which in my case is a row, from being included in a sort ...

IE8 freezes/hangs with video Web sites?
Hello. Is there a known issue with Internet Explorer v8.0, in old Windows XP, freezing/hanging on various video Web sites? My friend and others, on http://www.videosift.com/talk/This-site-keeps-getting-hung-up, say people are having problems there and other video Web sites (e.g., http://www.roblox.com/). Thank you in advance. :) -- "It's kind of an insane case ... 6,000 ants dressed up as rice and robbed a Chinese restaurant." --Steven Wright /\___/\ / /\ /\ \ Phil./Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) | |o o| | Ant&...

"Reading Pane" is grey'ed out
I'm using Outlook 2003 with BCM. For emails, the folder structure is: Personal Folders [+]Deleted Items [- ]Drafts (reading pane grey'ed out for this folder) Administrative Marketing Operations [+]Inbox ..... I wondered why the "Reading Pane" is greyed out for all 3 messages under parent folder called "Drafts". The way it works for all the other folders and subfolders is... putting the cursor on the message displays text of that message underneath it in the reading pane. If I go down to the subfolders ...Drafts/Administrative or Drafts/Ma...

Outlook freezes and freezes my computer
Whenever Outlook sends and receives it freezes Outlook as well as whatever I am working on. It is so frustrating and time consuming work wise. I disabled add ins but it did not help. Please advise. What type of email accounts do you have configured? How many? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@P...

Bypass New Workbook pane
Excel 2003. Is there a way to bypass the New Workbook pane when opening templates on this computer. So you would just click File, New and it would open the Templates window at once. If not, is there a way to have more "recent" templates in the New Workbook pane than the actual 4? Maybe you can use a macro? Option Explicit Sub testme() Application.Dialogs(xlDialogWorkbookNew).Show End Sub If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm If you want to test it to see if it's sufficient, yo...

freezing up
i recently changed to a different isp and now my computer freezes up when trying to open pages. also if i try to double-click the mouse i get the 'not responding' error on the address bar. is this a pc problem or an isp problem? thanks Who can say anything about your unidentified browser on a nameless operating system trying to open unknown web pages? Not everyone knows the complete wording of the 'not responding' error message. Since your problem seems to have started when you switched to a mysterious new ISP, maybe you should start by asking their technical ...

Outlook Freezes
Whenever I open my outlook program, it goes all the way to the screen that shows the inbox, but then freezes and will not allow me to do anything. There are a few options that I can suggest: 1) Close Outlook. Search your computer for the HIDDEN file outcmd.dat Rename it outcmd.old and try to open Outlook. 2) Try using the "Detect and Repair" tool on the HELP menu. 3) Try opening Outlook using the ".../Safe" switch. This will perhaps allow you to open Outlook in Safe mode which disables all automation that may be hanging you up. However, you sti...

Publsiher freezes while doing Mail Merge
Same as previous post, but I'm using Publisher 2002 not 2000... Michele which version of Windows are you using??? -- "Michele" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13cb401c3f8c4$226b4640$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Same as previous post, but I'm using Publisher 2002 not > 2000... I am using Window 98 second edition with all the updates installed. Well go to: www.microsoft.com/data and download and install the latest version of the MDAC components and reboot and your problems should be over. -- >-----Original Message----- >Same...

mouse freeze
Hello, The mouse fails to work when I'm moving between Microsoft Money 2007 Home and Business and the help screen. To get the mouse moving again, I usually need to use the laptops clicker to return to the Money home page. The problem slows down my navigation of the site. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. -- Greenzie =?Utf-8?B?R3JlZW56aWU=?= <Greenzie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 22 Mar 2008 in group microsoft.public.money: > Hello, > The mouse fails to work when I'm moving between Microsoft Money 2007 > Home and Business and the help screen. To ge...

Outlook freeze by starting a LDAP search
Hello, I have a Problem with the qcslapd sample or Outlook 2002\2003. In Outlook I configured the qcslapd server as a directory-server. And when I open my Outlook address book now, it build a connection to my qcslapd server and starting a search with filter (objectclass=*). And a fiew seconds later, I see in my debug log that all entries are sending successfully (about 10 Entries). But Outlook hang on and shows nothing. A Timeout or a error message doesent apeear! This phenomen is ONLY occurs in outlook! It works fine with all other LDAP-Clients eg. Mozilla-addressbook, LDAP-Browser or the mic...

freeze
Hi all, Today for no apparent reason, when I tried to open Outlook it gets to the introduction screen and freezes. No amount of rebooting seems to help. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Kate. ...

freezing up
outlook is freezing up. when i am trying to select a contact and i click the down arrow in my contacts folder it freezes up?? im running outlook 2000 with the latest updates.thanks ...

Outlook freezes #11
When I click on a hyperlink in a post Outlook Freezes, any ideas? Bissell ...

Attachments freezing Outlook 2002
I've been having a problem lately. Anytime I get an email with an attachment it freezes Outlook and will not open. Has anyone run into this problem? ...

Outlook 2003 Hangs/freezes during spellcheck
A co-worker in my company using Outlook 2003 with Windows 2000, has showed me that frequently when she is sending an e-mail outlook hangs/freezes during or after spellcheck when sending an e-mail. I am told that it happens more often when there is an attachment. What will happens is she makes out a standard e-mail, and at some point while she is correcting it will just hang/freeze you can move the mouse and use other applications but outlook will not respond. The really weird part is that the after closing (you CAN close it WITHOUT ctrl+alt+del) it still shows as sent, and the recipients still...